• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Help me please

I edited the Hex file, and got to the point where I have to use NTCompress on it, and when I tried to get it to run, this came up

It looks like it does not register the codes (-o, -l, ect) an I have not clue how to solve this issue. I suppose it could be a problem with the hex editing I did, I could have messed it up, but anyway, please help. (for the hack I simply made lucas' hair black just as a test for texture hacking)

BossOfTheGame

Smash Rookie
Lavamage, try this
ntcompress.exe -l -o blackhair.txt -A4 -t1 -s -H blackhair.pac

If that doesn't work when you copy and paste it, make sure that the input file and ntcompress are all in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\All Characters\NTComp

My question:
Where are the trophy models located?

Coins

Smash Cadet
Lavamage, try this

If that doesn't work when you copy and paste it, make sure that the input file and ntcompress are all in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\All Characters\NTComp

My question:
Under Partition 2, toy, fig.

Also how do it apply the textures to the actual models? When i extract the models they appear fine but don't have any textures on them so i can't replace them.

Coins

Smash Cadet
Doesn't matter, i figured out how to apply textures, they fit well. Thanks alot.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Lavamage, try this

My question:

Thanks, I realized that you cannot copy directly from the pdf file, it must be from a different source (like a .txt document)

Thanks for the help

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Can someone help me here?

I'm making a texture hack for Lucas. As of now, I've only edited his "wear" texture (since it's the only one I want to edit right now). Saved it as a TGA 32-bit (like the guide said), made the .tcs file, but Texconv isn't working on command prompt or microsoft visual studio. How can I convert it into a TPL again?

Someone should make a video tutorial out of this. :(

BossOfTheGame

Smash Rookie
Bubbleman, try this:

download python and copy this into a file

Code:
import os
import glob

list = glob.glob("*.tcs")
for i in list:
  toExecute = "TexConv.exe "+i+" "+i[0:i.find(".tcs")]+".tpl"
  print toExecute
  os.system(toExecute)
name it TexConvAutomater.py and in your command prompt run
python TexConvAutomater.py

make sure you cd into the directory where all the tcs files are

If TexConv itself acctually isn't working make sure the .dll's it came with (if it came with any) are in the same directory as it is. Otherwise that python script makes life very easy.

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
Hey I made a texture hack but when I try to load the modded character it freezes. What are some causes that make the game freeze when loading the character and how can this be solved? Thanks.

BossOfTheGame

Smash Rookie
you made the texture wrong obviously, I did this on my first one. What got me was I specified the type on the tcs files incorrectly. Did you have to mipmap allot of your textures? If so this could be your problem. Make sure your start and end tcl files are the same size and your type is based on the guide and whaever the last two numbers on the .tga file that you edited were.

EDIT: What character did you mod?

DOUBLE EDIT: cause my last question got burried I'm posting it again:

I used William's Convertor (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HV4PBE9K) to turn the MDL0 file into a DAE file and imported it into 3ds max, but everything is jumbled. I extracted Kirby and hes everywhere. (the textures fit though). How do I fix this?

Coins

Smash Cadet
you made the texture wrong obviously, I did this on my first one. What got me was I specified the type on the tcs files incorrectly. Did you have to mipmap allot of your textures? If so this could be your problem. Make sure your start and end tcl files are the same size and your type is based on the guide and whaever the last two numbers on the .tga file that you edited were.

I used William's Convertor (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HV4PBE9K) to turn the MDL0 file into a DAE file and imported it into 3ds max, but everything is jumbled. I extracted Kirby and hes everywhere. (the textures fit though). How do I fix this?
You extracted and converted the actual character's model. This does not work. You have to extract there trophy model.

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet

Alright, I'll give you some more info. I was modding Yoshi's Face and Body. Since both textures were called tex#00_04 I used the type RGB565. Is this correct? If so, what are the other reasons it might have frozen. Also the .tpl files were the same size and did not need to be mitmapped. Again, thanks for helping.

Edit: Alright I haven't tested anything yet, but I think I caught my mistake. I didn't put .tga at the end of the two directories in the .tcs file. Thanks for helping :)

BossOfTheGame

Smash Rookie
You extracted and converted the actual character's model. This does not work. You have to extract there trophy model.
No, I extracted KirbyR1.brres from Partition2/toy/fig

that is where the kirby model is right?

This is exactly what I do:
Extract KribyR1.brres
Give that as input to SSBExtract
go into 3DModels

this is what I get when I add my textures to it

as you can see the eyes are backwards and the cheeks are in the wrong place. (they are supposed to be mean eyes)

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'll give you some more info. I was modding Yoshi's Face and Body. Since both textures were called tex#00_04 I used the type RGB565. Is this correct? If so, what are the other reasons it might have frozen. Also the .tpl files were the same size and did not need to be mitmapped. Again, thanks for helping.

Edit: Alright I haven't tested anything yet, but I think I caught my mistake. I didn't put .tga at the end of the two directories in the .tcs file. Thanks for helping :)
Still freezes. Are you supposed to use the compressed .pac with the first 8 digits missing or the one that's not compressed?

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Bubbleman, try this:

download python and copy this into a file

Code:
import os
import glob

list = glob.glob("*.tcs")
for i in list:
  toExecute = "TexConv.exe "+i+" "+i[0:i.find(".tcs")]+".tpl"
  print toExecute
  os.system(toExecute)
name it TexConvAutomater.py and in your command prompt run
python TexConvAutomater.py

make sure you cd into the directory where all the tcs files are

If TexConv itself acctually isn't working make sure the .dll's it came with (if it came with any) are in the same directory as it is. Otherwise that python script makes life very easy.
I tried that, but the whole problem was my texconv, it wasn't an exe at all.
Neverthless, I found another texconv and it worked :D

Thanks.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I've had a few questions about the modified version of tpl2tgaall, so here is the code for it.

Code by Wolf Pup:
Code:
for %%a in (*.tpl) DO (
tplx %%a
RENAME tex*.tga %%a:~0,-4%.tga
mkdir %%a:~0,-4%
move %%:~0,-4%.tga %%a:~0,-4%\.
)

Paste it into a text file and save it as tpl2tga.bat.

As for applying the textures to the models, it's been a while, but I remember that you need to apply a modifier to the texture. If I remember correctly, it's something like "UVW Inverse" and then invert V from the modifier options panel. I don't have 3ds anymore, but that should be pretty close. There are only a few UVW modifiers, and once you find the right one I'm almost positive it's invert V.

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
yo i have a problem doing hexing for toon links texture...i did everything right.. the first tpls for TL goes some where at the bottom not at the beggining. i didnt add any tpl with pallete data cuz is harder. but anyway, after i did all of that the game still froze after picking a stage.and i dont know wat it coud be... anyone????

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
iv got a problem...
im fairly close to the beginning of it too
when i drag the pac file onto the ssbextract program, first i couldnt find the folder it makes. then i found out for some reason it makes it somewhere else in my hard drive (c:\users\me\) but theres nothing inside that folder... iv tried 2 differ pac filesand both produce empty folders

NoriakiZ

Smash Cadet
I do not know if anyone asked for this, but what about a Mewtwo skin for Lucario?
If I am repeating this, then I'm sorry. BTW, the hacks are looking great. Most of them and the Travis Lucas one is my favorite one.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Hex Editor Neo lasts ages saving the .pcs. Is that normal?
I don't have a problem with it, I have a fairly new computer though.

yo i have a problem doing hexing for toon links texture...i did everything right.. the first tpls for TL goes some where at the bottom not at the beggining. i didnt add any tpl with pallete data cuz is harder. but anyway, after i did all of that the game still froze after picking a stage.and i dont know wat it coud be... anyone????
Before burning your disk, reextract everything from the final .pcs. If Lz77ex give an error then there was a problem with creating the .pcs. If ssbextract crashes then it was a problem with the hex replacing.

iv got a problem...
im fairly close to the beginning of it too
when i drag the pac file onto the ssbextract program, first i couldnt find the folder it makes. then i found out for some reason it makes it somewhere else in my hard drive (c:\users\me\) but theres nothing inside that folder... iv tried 2 differ pac filesand both produce empty folders
Are you running XP (I assume not because of the "users" folder)? Does the folder with the .pac files you're extracting have a space anywhere in its path? If so, make the path to the files simpler (ex: C:\Smash\). What is the name of the folder it creates, and finally, are there any errors shown when it's run from the command prompt?

I do not know if anyone asked for this, but what about a Mewtwo skin for Lucario?
If I am repeating this, then I'm sorry. BTW, the hacks are looking great. Most of them and the Travis Lucas one is my favorite one.
]EE[ did one before Nintendo shut them down.

maltes

Smash Cadet
wow, this is so great :), I'm new here, so first I say hi, im from colombia, my english is not perfect so, sorry if I make mistakes.

now, I've been looking for the TPLx.exe and I'd seen all the pages of this forum, all the links are broken, can anyone help me?, thanks a lot :bee:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Are you running XP (I assume not because of the "users" folder)? Does the folder with the .pac files you're extracting have a space anywhere in its path? If so, make the path to the files simpler (ex: C:\Smash\). What is the name of the folder it creates, and finally, are there any errors shown when it's run from the command prompt?
yea im running xp. i accidentally wrote users/me cause im used to using vista lol. it puts the new folder in C:\Documents and Settings\Mark (mark as in me)

my original texture tools folder had a space in it but i moved it to the root of the c drive and took out all spaces and its still doing the same thing. there aren't any errors because it opens up the prompt, does it, and closes it so fast that i cant read it.

edit: i got it, someone on another forum suggested opening the pac directly and choosing ssb extract as the program

maltes

Smash Cadet
No, I extracted KirbyR1.brres from Partition2/toy/fig

that is where the kirby model is right?

This is exactly what I do:
Extract KribyR1.brres
Give that as input to SSBExtract
go into 3DModels

this is what I get when I add my textures to it

as you can see the eyes are backwards and the cheeks are in the wrong place. (they are supposed to be mean eyes)
did you use the mdl0 converter? I used it, input DolKirbyR1.MDL0 output Model.DAE, then I got a dae file, but when I import it in 3dmax, It just doesn't import anything, I have win vistas, 3dmax 9(64bits)

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Keep an eye on the first post. Something big is coming. ;)

wow, this is so great :), I'm new here, so first I say hi, im from colombia, my english is not perfect so, sorry if I make mistakes.

now, I've been looking for the TPLx.exe and I'd seen all the pages of this forum, all the links are broken, can anyone help me?, thanks a lot :bee:
Welcome to the forum. I have a little page for Brawl hacking utilities here.

did you use the mdl0 converter? I used it, input DolKirbyR1.MDL0 output Model.DAE, then I got a dae file, but when I import it in 3dmax, It just doesn't import anything, I have win vistas, 3dmax 9(64bits)
Do you have ColladaMax installed? If not you'll need to download it from here and install it. By default 3ds assumes that .dae files are fbx, but the mdl0converter uses collada. If you try to load a collada .dae file using fbx it will result in a jumbled mess. After it's installed, make sure you specify collada when you input, id you don't it will still assume fbx.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im done my first tex hack, however i cant burn the iso file. my normal program wont start the burn cause i dont have a DL disc. i tried imgburn as told to, but the program errors whenever i try to use it... sooo.... how can i burn this thing on a single layer disc

maltes

Smash Cadet
look, http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_dale-color-a-tu-smash-bros_1157762#p1714602181 someone called mark made some really userful tools, for noobs like me :D, hope y'all undestrand spanish,
EDIT: D'ouch, I hadnt seen the first post :p

Keep an eye on the first post. Something big is coming. ;)

Welcome to the forum. I have a little page for Brawl hacking utilities here.

Do you have ColladaMax installed? If not you'll need to download it from here and install it. By default 3ds assumes that .dae files are fbx, but the mdl0converter uses collada. If you try to load a collada .dae file using fbx it will result in a jumbled mess. After it's installed, make sure you specify collada when you input, id you don't it will still assume fbx.

thank you so much, but now I've got a new problem, when I trying to intall collada, it's give me an error, somethin like "3D max couldn't be found, also, you can intall it and copy the files " but now, where do I copy that files?

maltes

Smash Cadet
"Las texturas que se han ido mostrando aquí son solo para uso propio."

that's mean, than he would never give us the textures, you have to do your own textures

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
omg thanks alot for giving us that link.. i use the program . is sooooooo easy... finaly i was able to make my first tl texture hack....^_^ so awsome.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
For this step:

Instructions said:
7. When you are ready run step2_create.bat.
(ADVANCED USERS ONLY: if you made +1 and +2 textures, you must
add them with you hex editor NOW).
It will ask you what textures you want to add. It's very important
to type YES only on the textures you modified (sometimes you won't
modify all the textures).
And say I edit a +1 or +2, it says I have to add them with the hex editor... Does this mean I have to pack it up the old way in the guide with the hex editor or does it mean something else.

Marcov15

Smash Rookie
Really? when I click the step2_create bat it only creates a .pac file... do you know what's going wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, NTComp wasn't on the folder xD. But I do have a problem with the textures, when I burn them to the disc, none of them work, instead they freeze my game.

BossOfTheGame

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I'm editing toonlink's hands, and iris. When I do the +2 stuff in the guide for the iris it works, but when I do it for the hand I can't select exact before I edit it. It gives me local and 167 for the color, and when I add a bunch of other colors I get the same thing. What is the color I should be using when I add my textures to his face?

EDIT: I think I found a workaround for my first question, but please answer if you absolutely know the answer. Anyway, I have another question now.

I totally don't get how to insert paletted textures into the pac file. So, I have tlink's iris and hand+face modified and in tpl's. I'm putting them into the pac. I know the iris texture is at 00046440 and the hand+face texture is at 000bc0c0, I know the iris palette is at 00035260 and the hand+face palette is at 00035e40. What I can't seem to figure out is what part of the tpl file to paste in the palette part and what part to paste into the texture part. Can anyone help me on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom