• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
For this step:

And say I edit a +1 or +2, it says I have to add them with the hex editor... Does this mean I have to pack it up the old way in the guide with the hex editor or does it mean something else.
Yes, you must do +1 and +2 the old way. Pharrox will work on a better version of ASH that will (hopefully) support palette textures.
Really? when I click the step2_create bat it only creates a .pac file... do you know what's going wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, NTComp wasn't on the folder xD. But I do have a problem with the textures, when I burn them to the disc, none of them work, instead they freeze my game.
You did something wrong. Are you using WiiScrubber 1.21 or later?

_____

BTW, I found a small bug editing Ivysaur's textures. I will release a fix version soon.

PD: Please, Pharrox. Change el_refugio for Marc in the first post! :)

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
ok thank to el_refugio, pharrox, smashboards y el otro lado xD for this .exe (ASH)
I'm a newbie and this going to be my first texture, so I've done every step and everything's ok for now, now I'm editing .tga in photoshop BUT I HAVE A HUGE QUESTION, how can I see how is going to be my new texture before burning the disc?
I have Milkshape 3d editor, does it work? 3d studio max is the only software I need to preview my texture?
ok, so once I've got 3d sm editor, how can I preview my texture? did I need another program to convert my .pac files or something like that?
Because I've read here and u talk about mdl0converter but I googled and I have found nothing, what I supposed to do?

someonewhodied

Smash Rookie
I have a question...

HOW THE HELL DO YOU EDIT THE GAME BANNER

THE LZ77 EXTRACTOR FAILS,
LZ77 RESTRUCTER FAILS
LZ77 TOOL FAILS
LZSS TOOL FAILS
ANY OTHER??? PHAIL (wrote that way for the lulz)

anyway, check out my hacks at powernation (powernation.wordpress.com)

someonewhodied

Smash Rookie
SRY FOR DOUBLE POST, but

how do you edit the text when you hover the pointer over the disk channel with the brawl disk in??

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
ASH really works wonders, but I'm having problems with Lucas:

So far, no mipmaps, no problems, but this:

It says that it Added all of the textures I asked it to add, but after it adds the last one (wear), it says Added but then 4 "texture ignored" messages appear.

What am I doing wrong? I made a Ness texture and it never gave me that message at the end. And I also don't want to keep wasting more DVDs than what I already have.

someonewhodied

Smash Rookie

It says that it Added all of the textures I asked it to add, but after it adds the last one (wear), it says Added but then 4 "texture ignored" messages appear.

What am I doing wrong? I made a Ness texture and it never gave me that message at the end. And I also don't want to keep wasting more DVDs than what I already have.
it means that some textures are palletes and are ignored

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice

What!? You don't have to worry about mipmaps with ASH! :)
That's normal. It means that there are 4 palette textures (+1 and +2) that ASH can't edit, so they are ignored.
We made some hacks to Lucas with ASH, and they worked perfectly!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
when trying to burn the DL image onto a single layer disc as the guide suggests

I open up imgburn, I set it up to burn the iso to DVD, and I get this error:

E 19:26:31 Failed to Reserve Track! - Reason: Logical Block Address out of Range
E 19:26:32 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:03

any idea how to get around this?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
sorry i have one further request, could someone plz upload the original FitSonic04.pac and pcs file? When I put the custom files in wiiscrubber, i didnt know it overwrites it without saving, and i think my files were messed up, so I wanna get a copy of the originals to put back in it.

someonewhodied

Smash Rookie
I have a question...

HOW THE HELL DO YOU EDIT THE GAME BANNER

THE LZ77 EXTRACTOR FAILS,
LZ77 RESTRUCTER FAILS
LZ77 TOOL FAILS
LZSS TOOL FAILS
ANY OTHER??? PHAIL (wrote that way for the lulz)

anyway, check out my hacks at powernation (powernation.wordpress.com)
my question???

maltes

Smash Cadet
hey, question, is there a way to change the characters selection pics? for example, when you push 1, peach changes between green, blue, red, daisy xD, and white, can I change that pics?

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
New version for ASH!
http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_dale-color-a-tu-smash-bros_1157762

It fixes some bugs with Pokémon of PT, Zelda/Sheik, Wario and Bowser.
It includes TPLx and SSBExtract now.
The new PACs are now fully compatible with ASH :) (It's still recommended to backup your TGA files too).

NOTE: I found a bug editing Pokémon Trainer (not his Pokémon, but the character himself). I'll try to fix it soon!

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
Hi guys, my game freezes when trying to load textures. If you have a while to spare please help me out :)
This is a video of exactly what I did: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DZL42K7X
I know the last texture I didn't use the conventional method, but i think it should work. It also still froze when I did this same thing for a texture that wasn't a last one on a different character. Will somebody help me out please?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
theres a problem with ASH...

im trying to edit a metaknight texture, and when packing everything back up, when i choose yes for the body it says texture ignored, and after i choose to include the wing file, it says added and closes. the files it makes are a different size than the originals also

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it seems that it's the same bug as Pokémon Trainer. I'll try to fix it, but I still don't know what's the problem.

Steelia

Smash Champion
theres a problem with ASH...

im trying to edit a metaknight texture, and when packing everything back up, when i choose yes for the body it says texture ignored, and after i choose to include the wing file, it says added and closes. the files it makes are a different size than the originals also
The thing with Meta Knight is that... his texture files are all out of order. You literally have to search in his original .tpl files for where the information lays in his .pac. It's pretty annoying, but luckily he's relatively easy with few files to work with.
Same goes with Pokemon Trainer and Peach, though I believe the only things out of order with them are PT's Pokeball textures and Peach's parasol textures.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
hey, question, is there a way to change the characters selection pics? for example, when you push 1, peach changes between green, blue, red, daisy xD, and white, can I change that pics?
It's definetly doable, EE did it and I'm pretty sure it'd be in their guide.

el_refugio, those are awesome.

Hopefully when people perfect these and finsih making theirs, they might post the textures online somewhere for those of us who are totally not artistic. :)

maltes

Smash Cadet
I don't get yet what are the +1 and +2 texures, I had extracted the peach's textures using SSBextrac and tplx but I got the same textures, so, where or what are the +1 +2 textures? also, using this metod I have got a file MDL0, but is this MDL0 the same MDL0 that I can extrac from toy=>fig=>PeachR1.brres?
gracias

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i finished my first texture of flying star mario (the flying power of mario from galaxy). it was a crazy simple texture, but soo awesome

BossOfTheGame

Smash Rookie
Theres is one bug in ASH where in create_tcs.pl it reads the path, but on some computers there is a newline at the end of the file. (like mine). If you have it so it removes all newlines from the path variable, or just hardcode in your own path it works fine.

Coins

Smash Cadet
Wow, great program. I really hope you get the pallette files figured out soon.
This is even a cool program just because it extracts all the .tpl files and converts them for you. Without you having to drag them all over and makes the folders.

Coins

Smash Cadet
I'd just like to add this program does not work for Captain Falcon. When i was adding the 06 texture and typed y, it said ADDED..
Then it just switched off.
It worked for my kirby though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey guys. Having been in the texturing department for a few years, I decided to give this a shot. While the image below is scaled down in size (for obvious reasons), you can definitely get an idea of what I'm going for. I've not completed editing all of the textures required for the skin, but, I have both the head and body.

Behold!

Goron Kong!

Spire

III
BRoomer
wow that looks aweesome. u sure have been in texturing b4 lol. i cant wait to see it
Well here's the thing. I currently have no means of modding my Wii, nor do I know how to. My Wii has been updated (unfortunately) with the system update that negates homebrew installation. So, if you guys have any advice as to how I can get these textures (and many others that I'm working on) into Brawl, I'd greatly appreciate it.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
I'd just like to add this program does not work for Captain Falcon. When i was adding the 06 texture and typed y, it said ADDED..
Then it just switched off.
It worked for my kirby though.
Yes, I know this bug and as I said before, I'll try to fix it in the following weeks (I'm too busy now).

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well here's the thing. I currently have no means of modding my Wii, nor do I know how to. My Wii has been updated (unfortunately) with the system update that negates homebrew installation. So, if you guys have any advice as to how I can get these textures (and many others that I'm working on) into Brawl, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Unfortunately in your case, the ONLY way to get them on the Wii is by modding it, via Homebrew Channel or otherwise. Sucks, but is all that can be helped at the moment.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
il look into it, however if u edit all the textures and pack up the new pac and pcs file, i would be glad to try them out for u and il take in game pictures and stuff of it

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
You can softmod your wii, no problem. Just look up the twilight princess hack. They have a version specifically for 3.4.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You can softmod your wii, no problem. Just look up the twilight princess hack. They have a version specifically for 3.4.
Alright, I've installed the Homebrew Channel. I'd appreciate further guidance as to how I can hack the textures.

Also, am I going to need to buy and install a modchip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom