• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Awesome.
But... the readme doesn't seem to instruct on just how to mess with +2 and +1 textures (it doesn't make mention of it being an upgraded version).

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Awesome.
But... the readme doesn't seem to instruct on just how to mess with +2 and +1 textures (it doesn't make mention of it being an upgraded version).
Oh no!
I left the old readme too :( You must open readme.html.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Now that ASH is finished, I wanted to make a program to edit the CSP (Character Selection Portraits) easily, following the Syntax Error guide. Main problem is that the guide talks about common5_en.pac and my PAL doesn't have that file.
Anyone found that file in the PAL version? I could make a program for easy editing the CSP.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Sweet stuff, ASH worked fine putting the stuff together.

Only slight problem, it was on Sonic. His +2 eye texture, does it have mipmaps? Whenever I zoom in and zoom out, it changes from the eye I want him to have (zoomed in) back to either its original colors or something entirely different (zoomed out). I'm not sure whether this is a problem with transparency or mipmaps...

Malumvolo

Smash Rookie
This still has the same problem. When I run the "create file" it still doesn't add the "23WolfPants" directory

I even re-extracted everything from the pac, made sure that I had the original texture file and put it in there, it still didn't detect that directory.

Is there a way I can manually make it add that directory?

XeroForever

Smash Rookie
I'm a member of ELITESMASHHACKERS, so I don't need an amateur progrme like this, however, I don't actually like ELITESMASHHACKERS, so I'm hoping STACKSMASH will ask me to join.
WoW, Nice try jerk face. BigSharkZ was the one who made ESH. If he wanted to join SS then he wouldn't of made ESH. ******* I swear!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh my god...el_refugio I'm sorry for what that ****** imposter said. I'm the real BigSharkZ and I really like your program. Please do not believe him >.<

I just made an account to say this.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Sweet stuff, ASH worked fine putting the stuff together.

Only slight problem, it was on Sonic. His +2 eye texture, does it have mipmaps? Whenever I zoom in and zoom out, it changes from the eye I want him to have (zoomed in) back to either its original colors or something entirely different (zoomed out). I'm not sure whether this is a problem with transparency or mipmaps...
I'll take a look at it. I did not add support for mipmaps in+1 and +2 textures because I didn't not find any texture wiht mipmaps, I'll fix that for next version. Thank you :)
This still has the same problem. When I run the "create file" it still doesn't add the "23WolfPants" directory

I even re-extracted everything from the pac, made sure that I had the original texture file and put it in there, it still didn't detect that directory.

Is there a way I can manually make it add that directory?
That's very strange. It's working for me. I made a quick Wolf recolour and it worked. Are you typing YES for every texture? You must type YES only for the textures you modified.
Try to add ONLY a texture and it will work.Then rename _new.pac to wolf2.pac and try to re-extract again. Add another texture, create the PAC and rename it to wolf3.pac. Follow these steps until ASH can't extract your character, then you will find what texture is causing that. Post it here and I'll try to fix the bug.
Oh my god...el_refugio I'm sorry for what that ****** imposter said. I'm the real BigSharkZ and I really like your program. Please do not believe him >.<

I just made an account to say this.
NP :)

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
So, does anyone know where I could download edited characters? Are they posted anywhere? I see so many great ones in this thread and on stack smash and all over. I'd really like to use them...

BossOfTheGame

Smash Rookie
Kitty Corp's forums are the only place where people (like myself) make and release textures to the public that I know of. If there are anymore that I don't know of please tell me.

Coins

Smash Cadet
I realise my own textures that i've made, just send me an email at blue-hedgehog@hotmail.com amd asl for the texture that you want, i'll give it you :p
Bit i'll only give away textures that i have released on a site.

Malumvolo

Smash Rookie
Now that ASH is finished, I wanted to make a program to edit the CSP (Character Selection Portraits) easily, following the Syntax Error guide. Main problem is that the guide talks about common5_en.pac and my PAL doesn't have that file.
Anyone found that file in the PAL version? I could make a program for easy editing the CSP.
Dude, being able to easily edit the character portraits would be perfect! I highly look forward to that.

Oh and about my problems editing the wolf, I find that when I say no to all textures, it does make it to the very last texture that it wasnt detecting before. I think I will just try to re-extract it from the original .pac file and start over.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Dude, being able to easily edit the character portraits would be perfect! I highly look forward to that.

Oh and about my problems editing the wolf, I find that when I say no to all textures, it does make it to the very last texture that it wasnt detecting before. I think I will just try to re-extract it from the original .pac file and start over.
If you want to see the portraits modified with ASH then you must help me to find them in the PAL version!

For Wolf, try what I told you before. Insert only a texture, and make copies everytime you insert a new one. When ASH can't extract the latest Wolf copy then you will know what texture is causing to corrupt the file. Don't add that texture then.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a PAL iso and since my Wii is in for repair I can't dump my copy of Brawl right now. Should get it back in a few day, though. I'll see if I can find something than.

Malumvolo

Smash Rookie
If you want to see the portraits modified with ASH then you must help me to find them in the PAL version!

For Wolf, try what I told you before. Insert only a texture, and make copies everytime you insert a new one. When ASH can't extract the latest Wolf copy then you will know what texture is causing to corrupt the file. Don't add that texture then.
Unfortunately I have the NTSC USA version of brawl, I wish I could be of help.

Oh, and I restarted my wolf texture. It worked. It must have been some mistake on my part.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I'll take a look at it. I did not add support for mipmaps in+1 and +2 textures because I didn't not find any texture wiht mipmaps, I'll fix that for next version. Thank you :)
In Case you're wondering, all of sonic's +2 textures have mipmaps (I think, at least most of them do).
In fact I've never done a +2 without mipmaps because Sonic is the only character I've hacked with +2 textures

Also, a few of Sonic's textures share pallets if that's of any interest to you.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I was wondering. How do you guys reburn your Brawl discs with new textures without going through tons of them? Are you not finalizing and reburning the iso or what?

Steelia

Smash Champion
I was wondering. How do you guys reburn your Brawl discs with new textures without going through tons of them? Are you not finalizing and reburning the iso or what?
Eheh... Actually, once we burn a disc and make more textures, we have to burn yet another disc to test. As in, I make one texture one day, burn it to a disc, and test. Oop! Looks like I forgot to add another texture on that disc! Throw away that one, add the two textures to a new disc, test.
So, you're literally burning through a whole lot of discs doing this. @_@

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Well since I'm using a softmodded wii with backup loader I'm limited to DVD-R's as of now. =\

I think I'll probably wait on trying texture hacking until PW's loader works for SD cards.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Hm weird I can't even run DVD+R backups.

Are you burning it a certain way? My DVD burner doesn't support bitsetting which is what most guides tell me to do with DVD+R's.

Steelia

Smash Champion
My DVD-RW's don't seem to work. I burn the game the same I would with DVD-R's and it wont load on backup launcher.
Ehh, because you're using DVD-RW. Anything that doesn't have "DVD-R" on it as such won't work. RWs... just don't work. I wouldn't try any "+" DVDs, either. Strictly DVD-R, if possible.

Coins

Smash Cadet
Hey Mark, who made that Lulu Peach in the big picture of those textures?
If you know who made it i would like to speak to them and see whether i could get that texture.
As Lulu is my favourite character :p

Coins

Smash Cadet
I already have an old snake texture.

Also i'm pretty sure i've found the CSP's on my PAL ISO.

There just normal brres format and they look exatcly the same as CSP's, i'm going to have a good at editing them and if they work i'll tell you the location.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
I already have an old snake texture.

Also i'm pretty sure i've found the CSP's on my PAL ISO.

There just normal brres format and they look exatcly the same as CSP's, i'm going to have a good at editing them and if they work i'll tell you the location.
I found them too and they were the Victory Portraits. I hope you found other ones and they are real!

About Lulu... I will tell him to go here and talk to you :)

Coins

Smash Cadet
I found them too and they were the Victory Portraits. I hope you found other ones and they are real!

About Lulu... I will tell him to go here and talk to you :)
Thanks, also where did you find yours? I found the INF ones.
Mine are called MenSelchrFaceB000.brres. So i think it means menu select.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I remember when ]EE[ was looking for these they asked me if I knew where they were. I did a little digging and found three different locations of the same pictures. NONE of them turned out to be the real character selection portaits. It was a little while after that for someone to find them on the NTSC disk, not quite sure who it was.

I'll do a little digging and see if I can find those old conversations. If the NTSC file is completely missing from the PAL disk, it's possible it uses one of the other places.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, also where did you find yours? I found the INF ones.
Mine are called MenSelchrFaceB000.brres. So i think it means menu select.
Mines are on common/char_bust_tex.
I made Mario fully transparent but it showed on the CSS. Then I won a game and it didn't show, so they are the Victory Portraits.

Marcov15

Smash Rookie
Ehh, because you're using DVD-RW. Anything that doesn't have "DVD-R" on it as such won't work. RWs... just don't work. I wouldn't try any "+" DVDs, either. Strictly DVD-R, if possible.
I don't think that's correct. I used to use +Rs and they worked fine, now I'm using +RWs and they work fine too... maybe it's the modchip...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom