• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
So can someone compile a list of stages with "weird" camera boundaries by tomorrow afternoon?

So far I have:

PTAD
PSII
PSI (assumption; iffy)
Final Destination (ceiling only?)
Smashville (no idea; is it weird at all? I forget ROFL)
Yoshi's Island Brawl (ceiling only?)

Anymore?
battlefield walls?
i love battlefields new celeing though xD that is...if it was edited.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yeah, i know. he's also floating on the 75m replacement too. i'll get it fixed up soon.

i'm kind of drunk right now, so i'll probably do it tomorrow.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
did the B+ br ever say that the hack was compatible with outside custom animations?

most of the character hacks have had their fitmotionetc.pacs edited to be sped up.

so... just guessing here, but i don't think it should work... though i'm going to let soemoen else who knows more about it give you a full answer.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
did the B+ br ever say that the hack was compatible with outside custom animations?

most of the character hacks have had their fitmotionetc.pacs edited to be sped up.

so... just guessing here, but i don't think it should work... though i'm going to let soemoen else who knows more about it give you a full answer.
But the fitmotionetc.pac's for EVERY other character works with Brawl+ except for Zelda, so it's not like custom animations with Brawl+ don't work, it's just Zelda's having a problem, maybe the character ID fix or the CSS?

And... Brawl+ comes with Fitmotionetc.pacs for other characters so what you said really doesn't apply

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm revising my Brawl+ stage list for APEX 2010... what are your thoughts on this? All of the Brawl+ Backroomers that have responded to this love the new stage list, and plan to support it, but I'm gathering community input before I make this final and want everyone's thoughts on this :p

Starters: [1 stage ban; stage striking to be used]
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
WarioWare (singles) / SSE: Jungle (doubles)

Counterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pictochat+
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege+ (singles) / Luigi's Mansion+ (doubles)
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Rumble Falls+
Frigate Orpheon
There are 17 playable stages in total (15 for each event considering one stage is for singles, another is for doubles), and I intend to keep a conservative stance as far as the stages go. However, this doesn't mean I'm not opposed to adding/removing stages from this provided there is good reason to. There are some stages like Pokemon Stadium 1+ that, while I'm not opposed to, either have been removed from the download list or were not put in 7.0.3 for whatever reason, or don't have the necessary fixes or stage changes to make it legal.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The original .pac of PS1 was used instead of the one with fixed fire/rock fields and fixed ledges/walls when doing the new boundary changes, by accident, so that's why the download is like that.
When is this going to be fixed? It wouldn't take that long for someone that knows how to...and knows what the specific values of the boundary changes are.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'd fix if we weren't committed to a "no more updates for 6 months" rule... :ohwell:

ValTroX

Smash Ace
After approximately 5 hours of 7.0.3 play with my friends(it's been a while since we played that much) I've decided to give some feedback on the set:
1)The new Japan stages are plain awesomeness

2) Skyworld+ needs a change on it;s ceiling, once you are offscreen, you are dead. Not just skyworld needs the fixes, I really prefer the old boundaries, sure you can make them smaller than they were, but just a bit, some attacks kill at such low %'s that it's just not right.

3)The characters feel awesome, I even played characters that I don't use just to see how they played and everyone seems very very good

4)I don't support the gravity change anymore, it feels just perfect, but the friction issues need to be fixed(try jumping and fastfalling on a slope, it's just ridiculous and you completely lose control of your character)

5)I know I've complain about this a thousand times and got rejected, but I just can't let it go(sorry for breaking the no character changes in 6 months rule :lick:), Falco's UpB is too short, IMHO you guys should nerf his SideB's distance a little and buff his UpB, come on guys, it would be so much better(and yes, I really really think he needs it)

On a side note: I discovered that I really like Diddy, and for my surprise, I play him kinda good :)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'd fix if we weren't committed to a "no more updates for 6 months" rule... :ohwell:
And you can't fix stages? That's dumb.

I'm revising my Brawl+ stage list for APEX 2010... what are your thoughts on this? All of the Brawl+ Backroomers that have responded to this love the new stage list, and plan to support it, but I'm gathering community input before I make this final and want everyone's thoughts on this :p
Needs moar Temple+

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

There are 16 playable stages in total (14 for each event considering one stage is for singles, another is for doubles), and I intend to keep a conservative stance as far as the stages go. However, this doesn't mean I'm not opposed to adding/removing stages from this provided there is good reason to. There are some stages like Pokemon Stadium 1+ that, while I'm not opposed to, either have been removed from the download list or were not put in 7.0.3 for whatever reason, or don't have the necessary fixes or stage changes to make it legal.
Soooo much better than the first list. Still no Frigate though :ohwell:

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Crap, sorry, forgot to say it turns out Brawl+ wasn't the problem(well, 5.0 was part of the problem but the animations work on Gold)

It's just Riivolution doesn't replace Zelda's fitmotionetc.pac for some reason despite being designed to replace all files on the disc, if anyone who uses Riivolution would be willing to test this for me so I know for sure and that it's not just my Wii then go here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10223890#post10223890

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
What is the rush? I don't understand this attitude.

I got this same exact response when I said that there should be a gravity overhaul to make the game faster and the answer I got wasn't because it would hurt the game, in fact after playing project M you can see that it HELPS the game out a ton, but the answer I got was because it would "take too long". What kind of mentality is that? These are community made projects, no one is getting paid, and no rich dude in a suit is forcing anyone to finish things before a certain point. So why was there this sudden need to finish this as soon as possible?

I understand that you guys want a stable set for balancing purposes, but the truth of the matter is, you guys are going to lose ground to project M. I'm sorry to say that. But it's the truth, you have people salivating just to try it, and most of the people who have are completely blown away by the fast pacedness of it. It's not even the tech skill, its just the overall speed of the game. If you guys want to even come close to competing with project M, hell, melee's intense gameplay you should really look into making the game faster paced. And I think you guys understood that, you guys got rid of many sakurai angles (per my suggestion!) and the boundary change was some sort of shortcut to accomplish that, but I can see why it would upset some people- the kills you get now feel artificial and very unsatisfying as opposed to how they were before.

But the problem is that the boundary change doesn't make the game faster paced.. it makes it matches end sooner. Those are two very different things.
Why is it that you think Brawl+ is competing with Project M? they have completely different goals one is to make melee with brawl's new content the other is to make a competitively viable version of Brawl. Giving Brawl+ stronger gravity would blur the line of distinction between them

UltyBomber77

Smash Cadet
jiang never said they were competing against each other
he simply stated that b+ players will move on to p:m for more fast-paced gameplay

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Frigate added (forgot to add that in).

I'm not using stage DLC's for the Apex B+ tourney.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Wait wait, am I confused here? What's going on with a Frigate Orpheon+ or something? I didn't get that when I downloaded Brawl+ and I haven't heard anything about it being made.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
The first clip reminds me of this other video in Melee where it's Ganon vs Sheik on Yoshi's Island. Sheik was recovering and shot needles on the edge of the stage then grabs the edge. Ganon stomps on the needles, lengthening the hitbox frames and then Sheik gets hit by the stomp and somehow dies by getting shot to the right of the stage instead of going downwards.

Rudra

Smash Ace
The first clip reminds me of this other video in Melee where it's Ganon vs Sheik on Yoshi's Island. Sheik was recovering and shot needles on the edge of the stage then grabs the edge. Ganon stomps on the needles, lengthening the hitbox frames and then Sheik gets hit by the stomp and somehow dies by getting shot to the right of the stage instead of going downwards.
SLOT ******
<3

Swordplay

Smash Lord
2) Skyworld+ needs a change on it;s ceiling, once you are offscreen, you are dead. Not just skyworld needs the fixes, I really prefer the old boundaries, sure you can make them smaller than they were, but just a bit, some attacks kill at such low %'s that it's just not right.
Yes YES YES

Everybody I have shown B+ to recently complains how the skyworld stage has too low of a ceiling. Otherwise they love it 7.03

EDIT: ITS HERE ITS HERE. I cant believe I DIDN"T SEE THAT BEFORE

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
The luigi's death video with that weird Knockback angle was just weird, and the melee one that had marth was also cool :D

you must recover!

I need to regain some confidence to try the set again, the tourney on april 24 hitted me hard as I expected to run it but couldn't due nobody at high interest was around

my confidence is rising :D lol at me making a psa for mario to regain it :p

after I finish it I will sure play B+ once again (NAMQ Johns)

hope more stages get changed to make the game way more better

shanus

Smash Hero
MAJOR GLITCH ALERT
This is a character specific glitch that is caused by a code; the anti-ledge/water stalling code to be exact.
During a match at a local smashfest in my area on the 1st, this was discovered and was brought to my attention, which I immediate reasoned what the source was. After going home to test to see if my theory was correct, it turns out that it was indeed correct.
Anyway, without further ado: if Nana grabs the ledge 4 times without landing or getting hit
(doesn't matter how many times the main one grabs it), then immediately afterwards, if you use Belay (up-b), Popo would throw Nana at the ledge, and the anti-planking code kicks in and forces Nana to get up before pulling Popo up. When this happens, Popo will drift down slowly to his death (with the rope still attached to the two), while in the meantime (until Popo dies), you have control over Nana as if it was Popo. In the case that there's ground below the ledge for Popo to land on (such as on Corneria fin, etc.), control will shift back to Popo as soon as he lands.
This glitch is easily recreated, so feel free to see for yourself.

But yeah...it looks like this code is going to need (another) revision... :ohwell:
[/QUOTE]
Nifty bug, just saw it after i got back from vacation.

Can you try adding this to the ICs pac file in the nana sections?

Basically, use OSA2 to find nana offsets, then go to her section for her upB. In there, you won't be able to add lines, but what you can do is the following. Copy a line, and then replace that line with a subroutine. Now, create a new subroutine, and in it, paste the replaced line AND add the following:

Set LA-Basic 66 = Value 0

Now, take down that new offset of the subroutine (in the grey area), and put that into the line you replaced in her upB.

See if that fixes it and lemme know.[/QUOTE]
You might want to try out this fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom