• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilnius

Smash Cadet
Any update on the issue with All-Star Mode freezing? Or should I just go post it in the support forum for Brawl+ and hope a developer decides to check it?

Revven

FrankerZ
I believe Perfect Chaos already told you previously that it's probably because Flatzone 2 has been replaced and that you should try to play All-Star without that replaced.

Vilnius

Smash Cadet
I believe Perfect Chaos already told you previously that it's probably because Flatzone 2 has been replaced and that you should try to play All-Star without that replaced.
No, he did not say this. I have no idea how to go about doing it anyway, but if anyone would inform me I could test it.

h0t$

Smash Cadet
Not sure if I should post this in here. But anyways, A quick question.

When I download a new updater. ( I use the updater for pc withoout homebrew). Should i remove everything on my sd card? Or should i just save it over the old data?

edit: if it even matters. just curious if there either way is better or not.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Save it over the old data, you shouldn't have to worry about deleting anything from your SD card. :p

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
good lord 100 megs of data? from that japan site. Btw its sort of a pain to get to the download page. So I made a little guide below.

Babelfish for translating did not work for me.

A little quick guide to download 7.0.3JP B+ files
1.hit go to download page
2. Leave the top number alone which says 7.0.3 in the text
3. in the blank text enter the numbers that are displayed in the box to the right
4. you'll come to a page with a button. Hit that to download from that japaneese site.
5. Follow Viets instructions.
Then port all the unique stage .pacs to your RSBE pf folder or whatever instead of the RSBJ. <_<

BEES

Smash Lord
^^ pics/links/vids or it didn't happen.

Wtf people want the gravity changed? It's fine, it really is. If you want to see some fast-paced matches then go see the ones Seris uploaded from his tournament.
The gravity itself is still too low. It seems to me like a lot of things have too many starting/ending frames. Double jumps are still slow as molasas. Dash grabs are comically slow. We desperately need JC grabs.

Friction is definitely still too low. This is the biggest problem by far.

The slippery nature of the game makes it feel like I'm not in control of myself. I can't predict with full accuracy where I'm going to be and where my opponent will be when I land.

I think this is the biggest reason Brawl tactics are still the most effective. There would be an effective punishing game, but the friction makes working combos more spontaneous and unpredictable. It makes spacing sloppier and less reliable.

jpak

Smash Lord
if i hv a custom codeset already and some textures, can i run brawl+ on the same sd card?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
so wait, what's happening? should we get the Japan B+ stages or something? I got kinda lost here.
i'm looking at adjusting some and adding them as a possible DLC. first i need to actually get the download (college internet won't open megaupload), so it will be a while.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
The gravity itself is still too low. It seems to me like a lot of things have too many starting/ending frames. Double jumps are still slow as molasas. Dash grabs are comically slow. We desperately need JC grabs.

Friction is definitely still too low. This is the biggest problem by far.

The slippery nature of the game makes it feel like I'm not in control of myself. I can't predict with full accuracy where I'm going to be and where my opponent will be when I land.

I think this is the biggest reason Brawl tactics are still the most effective. There would be an effective punishing game, but the friction makes working combos more spontaneous and unpredictable. It makes spacing sloppier and less reliable.
1,000 times this ^

B+ still feels sloppy, it's like you don't have complete control over your character. and yes it is due to friction

(mostly noticeable on slopes) NPC+ feels terrible with all those slopes and no friction

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I also feel that the friction needs some work, but I don't think it will be done, this was discussed some time ago and me and my friend got blown away by the devs. Anyways, I'm waiting on FroHo for the stages, I hope he's a little more gentle on the boundaries this time xD.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Great, well, I'll still wait for FroHo's version of the stages, guess I trust him too much on this matters :lick:
EDIT: Neko, they use the stages from the stage hacking hub too right? I mean, do they have PTAD+, LM+, NPC+ JJ+, etc etc?
EDIT2: And the ceiling->wall changes on stages like FD
EDIT3: So I tried the stages, I get freezes at RF, which i managed to fix, but temple+ won't load, and after that i just decided to keep my old folder xD, just gotta wait on FroHo

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The friction complaints are shared, but the gravity...not so much. I believe that the gravity is good for what it is.

The important thing right now is the boundary changes and whether or not other people aside from myself are getting accidental kills off the side while just trying to gimp my opponent. I don't know.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Great, well, I'll still wait for FroHo's version of the stages, guess I trust him too much on this matters :lick:
EDIT: Neko, they use the stages from the stage hacking hub too right? I mean, do they have PTAD+, LM+, NPC+ JJ+, etc etc?
EDIT2: And the ceiling->wall changes on stages like FD
EDIT3: So I tried the stages, I get freezes at RF, which i managed to fix, but temple+ won't load, and after that i just decided to keep my old folder xD, just gotta wait on FroHo
i'll try to get to it tonight. Halo Reach beta has me distracted a little too much...

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
I have no complaints about gravity. Now friction, boundaries and footstooling could use some adjustments. I think that the game would be gold perfect with these and the following suggested (but ignored) issues:

I don't know anything about how these things work, but if the B+ team has come this far, isn't it possible to make the game run custom netcode or something? Playing B+ online viably is a dream I would like to see come true.
I know that auto-jab was removed, but when hold the A button near the opponent, you auto-jab combo.

Was this discussed?
Not trying to start anything here, just want to know what was the consensus on these things.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
@ManEg:

1) Check the Wi-Win project thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269253

In my limited scope of knowledge the project CURRENTLY aims to just allow the running of "private servers" so that hacks like B+, P:M, BB, B- can have a dedicated server. Brawl uses Soap I believe, and not GGPO, or LunaPort, or wow this name is cool+, but games are peer-peer anyway, so just blame it on America blowing at Internet speed and corporations and their monopolies, blah, blah, words

2) No one had a problem with auto-jab connections ONCE you hit when it was discussed (for the most part anyway obv). There's subjectivity with the decision naturally.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
i'll try to get to it tonight. Halo Reach beta has me distracted a little too much...
I'm interested in this stages myself aswell, and I would like to play B+ again, since the Fail tourney I hosted at April 24th

I want to play it but competitively and I will open my mind to consult B+ players around the island (puerto rico yes, it's an island) to make one B+ tourney to see the results

by now, I'll just rest my case and wait for FrznHobo to fix the stages that I'm so curious about

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
have fixed freezing, now i'm working on that SSE/Frigate fusion (testing now). i support their distant planet SSE substitute as well as their SMI replacements (assuming we use the code to select each form). their green greens is nice, but may need to be sped up so the blocks fall mroe frequently. still need to test castle siege. i'm deciding on a replacement for mario bros. (stage) right now. will post more after testing.

new stage is ready. will replace 75m.

i'll post the links to the fixed .rels/new stages in a little while.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So can someone compile a list of stages with "weird" camera boundaries by tomorrow afternoon?

So far I have:

PTAD
PSII
PSI (assumption; iffy)
Final Destination (ceiling only?)
Smashville (no idea; is it weird at all? I forget ROFL)
Yoshi's Island Brawl (ceiling only?)

Anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom