• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glick

Smash Lord
I'm going to start the stream on this ****ty computer. A lot of people aren't here because magically all the trains in NYC just got power ****ed.

so everyones late.

i'll put it up but there is only a few people here.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Not to get off-topic, but what do you guys do to setup streams? I'm thinking about getting Dazzle really soon and I'd like to do streams myself.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Yet again it gets ignored. Well.. maybe it's in the Part 2 section of Veril's post.

I'm starting to understand why people stopped playing Brawl+. I have been playing Brawl+ since its early stages (then left and came back) and let the backroom run its course the way it wanted without ever suggesting anything. I was there basically to support them by playing and testing. Now, given the chance as it may be a long while before another update, the suggestions I have get ignored. I get that you guys probably get swarmed with suggestions but who ever really looks at Charizard? Many of you just shrug it off.

The only character I really play now is Charizard but there are things holding him back which makes him lose a lot of potential. Don't give me that "buffing PT as a whole" excuse as its obvious but how many people actually play PT or even let alone Charizard? Do you want to know why? Because Charizard is ****. Anything Charizard can do, you'll find other characters doing better. I don't care how Charizard places in tournies, I just want him to be fun without his "strengths" always being hindered.

Now, depending on the answer, honestly, I'll decide whether or not I should just quit Brawl+ as a whole now. I've lost a lot of interest in Brawl+ already and this will decide whether or not I should even care about it anymore.

This was not meant to be read as a flame/insult in any way. I actually just want to know if you guys are doing anything with him at all and possibly have a bit of discussion about Charizard specifically.
I know this is a few pages late but In my opinion Charizard is fine in 6.0 sure they depowered him but they did so to every other character to try and balance the game. In 5.0 in all honesty Charizard had probably one of the best spacing games known to man and was really overpowered. Anywho 7.0 is about to come out or rather is already out and just have to try it out sooner or later.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Speaking of Charizard, why do he and Ivy have 2 moveset pacs in their folders for the rar download? o_o

5ive

Smash Champion
Speaking of Charizard, why do he and Ivy have 2 moveset pacs in their folders for the rar download? o_o
I'm going to take a wild guess...

Does this mean there are changes made when picking single Pokemon as opposed to PT? If this is the case;

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Woot! My stage wall fixes made it in the final build. :chuckle:
And correct me if I'm wrong (since I haven't actually ran the game), but taking a brief look at the .pac for The Summit+, it seems that it's not using the newer one what is shrunk vertically. The squashed one is better, IMO, since the highest platform actually gets use, as well as not having slippery platforms.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I wanted to ask about the stages, actually.

My Summit is frozen at a diagonal angle, and my Terrible Online Waiting Barf/Rumble Falls doesn't work. I thought that the fixed shorter Summit would be there and the Rumble Falls+?

What's going on?

And what other stage changes, besides minor boundary changes, were made? I noticed Yoshi's Island (Brawl) has a smaller platform with what looks like a wider main platform, but that's it.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman

My Summit is frozen at a diagonal angle, and my Terrible Online Waiting Barf/Rumble Falls doesn't work. I thought that the fixed shorter Summit would be there and the Rumble Falls+?

What's going on?

And what other stage changes, besides minor boundary changes, were made? I noticed Yoshi's Island (Brawl) has a smaller platform with what looks like a wider main platform, but that's it.
I'm finding the stages a bit odd as well. More the fact that there are all these stages...do they all have fixes? And if so, does that mean that we'd have to remake all stage textures that we may have downloaded to match the Brawl+ stage standards?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Are you trying out Summit on Training Mode? If so, then that's the reason; it doesn't work on Training Mode.
Also, if seems they forgot to include the code that changes a stage to the WWR. And they don't have the new Rumble Falls+, either.

To WBR: I would suggest replacing Flat Zone 2 with WWR now, considering that Rumble Falls is playable, now.

As for the stages. A lot of the changes are just fixes to make ceilings into walls, as well as make certain walls that are non-wall-jumpable (which for some weird reason Sakurai made it like that) into being wall-jumpable (such as walls close to the bottom boundaries). It's extremely noticable for Yoshi's Island (Brawl), since before, there was actually only a tiny part of the wall that you can wall jump off of (and that part isn't even at the ledge, but significantly below it, with non-wall-jumpable parts above and below it).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I need help. Serious help.

What Hook Type am I supposed to use for NeoGamma for this to work?? ;__; *can't remember to save his life*

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice

What's going on?

Same happens to me, and I'm not on training, I'm on Versus

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
So, what's in the Riivolution GCT that isn't in the Gecko and No Homebrew?
Riivolution breaks when it has the File Patch Code in it, so the Riivolution GCT has no FPC.

I'm going to take a wild guess...

Does this mean there are changes made when picking single Pokemon as opposed to PT? If this is the case;

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
That was an error on my part since all of the files accidentally got shuffled around... delete the old Pokemon PAC's and re-run the updater.

Woot! My stage wall fixes made it in the final build. :chuckle:
And correct me if I'm wrong (since I haven't actually ran the game), but taking a brief look at the .pac for The Summit+, it seems that it's not using the newer one what is shrunk vertically. The squashed one is better, IMO, since the highest platform actually gets use, as well as not having slippery platforms.

What's going on?

We're going to release a patch pretty soon that will fix that and also add other non-gameplay-changing stuff.

As for Rumble Falls+, I think Veril may have forgotten to put it in. (Now where the heck is it...?)

I need help. Serious help.

What Hook Type am I supposed to use for NeoGamma for this to work?? ;__; *can't remember to save his life*
Honestly, if you were to pick a random hooktype, you'd still be correct. :p I go with VBI.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I NEVER use training mode, seriously. Always versus. =/

Well, good to hear, Bionic. =]

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Thanks a lot for the help! :3

And...I just beat DDD in a match, and when I got back to the CSS, the game had a silent freeze. Music still plays but the game froze. o.o

iLink

Smash Champion
Question: What exactly are the extras from the updater? Would it replace anything I currently have?

EDIT: Nvm answered already

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, I know why The Summit is doing that, now that I took a closer look at the Level Freezer code.

Okay, so the current Level Freezer code is WAY out of date...

From top to bottom here are the changes that needs to be made...

Blue are lines that needs to be added, red are lines that need to be taken out immediately, and orange are lines that should be taken out, since they serve no real purpose, and will eventually need to be taken out, anyway.

Level Freezer
42000000 90000000
0416A904 00000000
2A180F3A 00000015

2A180F3A 00000017 Summit needs to be frozen to not have it tilt! (Yes, it's because of this.)

0416A904 3E4CCCCC Luigi's Mansion slowdown needs to be removed, since it's no
2A180F3A 00000004 longer necessary to slow it down due to the fix.
0416A904 3F000000 Not as important to remove right now, but Mushroomy Kingdom should be while
2A180F3A 00000005 you're at it, since a fix is in development that doesn't need the slowdown.

0416A904 3F2AAAAB
2A180F3A 00000024 Should definitely be removed, due to the fixed Pictochat.
2A180F3A 0000002D
2A180F3A 00000031 Big Blue's slowdown wasn't effective, and Big Blue is being worked on, anyway.
0416A904 BF800000
2A180F3A 00000014
2A180F3A 0000001C
2A180F3A 00000020 Add this, since New Pork City needs to be reverse with the current .pac.
0416A904 3F800000
E0000000 80008000

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there talk about freezing Castle Seige?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What the hell is with Yoshi's Island (Brawl) ? I went there and there was no floor and a random Sandbag. O_o

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Checking over to see if everything's correct and accurate (and if we didn't forget anything), otherwise we should have it soon

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
I keep getting freezes in the stage select screen for sometime now.

Everytime i play vBrawl(and vBrawl with texture + music aka file patch code) with my SD card in my Wii, the game freezes everytime i go to the stage select screen. The freeze occurs in 2 seconds. Now i'm having this problem in Brawl+ 7.0 Gold. I didn't had this problem back in Near Gold for some reason. Anyone know the problem?

And looks like other freezes in 7.0 are being known O_o. I know they are getting fixed though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom