• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Btw, I really like Peach's Peach Bomber now. It's a risky, but more rewarding, edgeguard. And it has has KO power, but mostly gimp power now :D

shanus

Smash Hero
Thanks for the fast reply...I get it now (and I understand what the others meant by renewing the 2nd jump by mistake...I wasn't paying attn to the fact that I was just doing that)

I guess I have mixed feelings on it...because I keep doing it when I don't want to...but I'm aware that is my mistake and I guess I could get use to it if I practice more (of course...I have to ask...couldn't you just make the cancel happen while doing a move? Like for example...when using rising Fair...as in...if you press jump again during a move in the 2nd jump Ness will halt all of his vertical movement naturally)
That would require its own new code to make that work, so I was trying to do this in a rough way :-\

If people don't like it, its easy to remove!

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
This makes me want to ask:

Why? Do you think he's actually super amazing or something.

He. Is. Mediocre.
I think he's solid, but not amazing. It just seems (to me at least) that he doesn't scream "FIX ME!" so I was wondering why attention is being devoted to him instead of other characters.

Edit: I may be exaggerating the amount of time it took to make those changes or the planning up to it. If so, no big deal. I'm just curious.

_clinton

Smash Master
So...what other plans do you have for Ness? And its not like I don't like the DJC...I'm just not use to it yet (but now that I understand it better that could change)

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I think he's solid, but not amazing. It just seems (to me at least) that he doesn't scream "FIX ME!" so I was wondering why attention is being devoted to him instead of other characters.

Edit: I may be exaggerating the amount of time it took to make those changes or the planning up to it. If so, no big deal. I'm just curious.
many people play captain falcon so his metagame has developed much more rapidly compared to other characters. with this developed metagame, more people are aware of his strengths and his weaknesses so it's easier to determine if he needs a change or not. i believe the general consensus is that falcon is OK, but not great, but since people already have an idea of what we can do to make him better, they're gonna try somethings.

lesser played characters like charizard, olimar, lucario have a very small group of people devoted to them, so it's harder for the plussery to determine what needs to be changed about them (if anything needs to be changed at all, of course).

so, if you notice a bias towards a character in the plussery, its not because they are favoring another character over someone else, it's simply because the b+ community is small, so getting feedback on all the characters is tough.

shanus

Smash Hero

We spent some time making a lot of other changes for codes which aren't quite working properly yet. Next nightly build you all will see some nice stuff :)

Bauer

Smash Rookie
We spent some time making a lot of other changes for codes which aren't quite working properly yet. Next nightly build you all will see some nice stuff :)
That's great to hear!

I'll take a look at the new build as soon as I can and share some thoughts (if I thing it's needed xD)

Swordplay

Smash Lord
so I was wondering why attention is being devoted to him [captain falcon] instead of other characters.

Yes.....Why is time being spent on captain falcon..

Hmmm.........lets see.........

O that's right! ITS BECAUSE HES CAPTAIN FALCON!!!!!!

Notice the species that is PURE MAN!

===============================================================

But for real, you guys worry to much and I should know. I use to worry all the time and talk to the WBR but they almost always get it right....so there is no need to panic........

_clinton

Smash Master
Ok...the thing I can say without any trouble right now is this...I don't like Ness' DJC...stat wise Ness' 2nd jump goes higher than his 1st jump still overall

and because of that...if you want to chase someone down and smack them...you have to pause before pressing the jump button a 2nd time because if you don't then Ness will DJC and you'll lose your chance at chasing them...

This is a major issue because Ness' hit stun is already on the list of pretty low overall...and because of that pause in his jump before he can use his 2nd jump...I've noticed that it is overall harder to use Ness' KOing air moves...because Ness lost some of the comboing skills...

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
At least I'm not alone in people who currently dislike Ness's djc.

Several times I've tried to DJ, only to djc, which really hinders him being able to chase with aerials such as uair and nair. Also, other than footstools, I can't find a use for djc where a sh could accomplish the same thing, except maybe when fighting a short character like Kirby.

Personally, I would love to wait for the other idea for djc, where you hold jump to cancel it with a aerial, and you let go of jump to do a rising aerial.

D

Deleted member

Why are you still officially using the 1 liner infinite replays? the 3 liner is simply better. -_-

Revven

FrankerZ
Why are you still officially using the 1 liner infinite replays? the 3 liner is simply better. -_-
No it's not. It is comparatively worse because if it goes to a certain point, you CANNOT SAVE THE REPLAY AT ALL. Whereas with the 1 liner, you can save ANY amount of time but there is no way of knowing IF the replay will finish properly unless you watch it.

In my experience, the three liner can almost never save 8 minutes if even that (the most I've got it to save is about 5:45). Where as the 1 liner can save at any time and the best I've gotten in a 1v1 is 6:46. Comparatively, 1 liner > 3 liner I'm sorry, but, 3 liner loses.

shanus

Smash Hero
Duly noted. Just realize that will wait a very very very long time :p

You also know that in that i can make that *cancel frame* into 1 frame and you can just DJ after that right? So if you want to do an immediate DJ you just hit it 3 times...

Its not hard to do now, its just as a said, a work in prgoress

D

Deleted member

No it's not. It is comparatively worse because if it goes to a certain point, you CANNOT SAVE THE REPLAY AT ALL. Whereas with the 1 liner, you can save ANY amount of time but there is no way of knowing IF the replay will finish properly unless you watch it.

In my experience, the three liner can almost never save 8 minutes if even that (the most I've got it to save is about 5:45). Where as the 1 liner can save at any time and the best I've gotten in a 1v1 is 6:46. Comparatively, 1 liner > 3 liner I'm sorry, but, 3 liner loses.
Really? well, I just saved a 12 minute replay using the three liner, and it works perfectly, I'll try to make another and a 20 minute one. I'll upload them if you want :chuckle:

shanus

Smash Hero
Really? well, I just saved a 12 minute replay using the three liner, and it works perfectly, I'll try to make another and a 20 minute one. I'll upload them if you want :chuckle:
Its not every match, its just supposedly inconsistent

D

Deleted member

Its not every match, its just supposedly inconsistent
Well, the only thing I've noticed so far, it's that the "z-replay" image sometimes doesn't show.
I'll try to see if any of the 10 min cpu matches I will do somehow don't allow me to save the replays.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, the only thing I've noticed so far, it's that the "z-replay" image sometimes doesn't show.
Which doesn't allow you to save the replay which is what I'm talking about. Trust me, I use that code for my vBrawl set when I go to tournaments and usually when it's Teams and it goes up to a certain point, the Z image won't appear and I TRY pressing Z (I TRY to) and it doesn't save.

Also, when that happens, that tells you it's been over the time limit for that match to save it OR there's too many people onscreen + items + the time = too much to save and thus, the replay image doesn't show up and you can't save it. This is problematic for team matches. Even without items on and it still being teams with the 1 liner, the replay has a higher chance of messing up.

There is no way to fix this for either code. The 1 liner is just better overall because you can save it no matter what, where as when the image doesn't show up for the 3 liner, it means you can't save it.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
Any speculation on why Nintendo (or more specifically Sakurai), limited us to 3 minute replays in the first place?

Wing

D

Deleted member

Which doesn't allow you to save the replay which is what I'm talking about.
Well, not for me, I press z and it saves the replay.
Also, when that happens, that tells you it's been over the time limit for that match to save it OR there's too many people onscreen + items + the time = too much to save and thus, the replay image doesn't show up and you can't save it. This is problematic for team matches. Even without items on and it still being teams with the 1 liner, the replay has a higher chance of messing up.

There is no way to fix this for either code. The 1 liner is just better overall because you can save it no matter what, where as when the image doesn't show up for the 3 liner, it means you can't save it.
I think they have an equal chance of messing up, it's just that in your personal experience, the 3 liner messes up more. IIRC the difference between the 1 liner and the 3 liner aren't even related to the actual recording (I'm talking out of my butt here, correct me if I'm wrong).
I guess I'll be testing Peach, DDD, ZSS, Peach 11 min FFAs now, with both codes.

_clinton

Smash Master
Duly noted. Just realize that will wait a very very very long time :p

You also know that in that i can make that *cancel frame* into 1 frame and you can just DJ after that right? So if you want to do an immediate DJ you just hit it 3 times...

Its not hard to do now, its just as a said, a work in prgoress
That sounds just fine actually as I'm looking at it...because I am aware that people do want a DJC for Ness..
Any speculation on why Nintendo (or more specifically Sakurai), limited us to 3 minute replays in the first place?

Wing
Stupidity is my guess...

I feel doing that clinton.......would make his recovery even worse........
What did I say again?

Umm Shanus, that freeze glitch is getting worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utLjGK8k934
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this...fun fact...it isn't fun fighting someone online as Mario if they don't know about this...and it leads to be being unable to gimp an Olimar...

D

Deleted member

Still saving replays, I think it's the fact that since there's no actual controller input, it's not too much data for a replay, if so, I've wasted a good hour and a half, and I can't test with 4 human players right now.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
So... Does Mario work at all, or should I just hold off on updating to today's nightly?

I guess I'm asking, is the freeze simply an animation glitch, or are you unable to move?

Revven

FrankerZ
So... Does Mario work at all, or should I just hold off on updating to today's nightly?

I guess I'm asking, is the freeze simply an animation glitch, or are you unable to move?
It's the same glitch that held us up from releasing the 6/10 Nightly. It's still random and doesn't actually FREEZE your character, just the standing animation.

It's nothing new people, it's random for any character at any time. Just reboot your Wii if it bothers you so deeply. It hasn't happened to me for a few weeks and the last time I played, it was for 5+ hours and it never occurred (and I DID play Mario). It's random, cool your jets and don't be a worry wuss.

It will get fixed WHEN we have the new engine codes...

HeroPenguin

Smash Cadet
So I guess Ness's DJC is glitchtastic? I was just going to comment that it was working fine for me on the ground, but if I did a fullhop I could cancel it at all, even with simultaneous button presses.

I guess I'll wait for a better version? I'm fine without it, but it did sound nifty. Good shot, shanus.

Likely be playing this more tonight. More complete impressions to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom