• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
OH that explains the flying bit. I was a little confused as to what you meant by flying XD

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Something doesn't seem right about the whole Lucario aerial after upb. It's buffing a great character that doesn't need a buff imo. It's the same deal with Falco's Shine.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Something doesn't seem right about the whole Lucario aerial after upb. It's buffing a great character that doesn't need a buff imo. It's the same deal with Falco's Shine.
I agree about Falco,but Lucario Recovery sucks when the oponent edgeguard him,really sucks.
Its the Only recovery in the game that dont do damage.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Personally, I like the new change in Lucario's up-b. It adds more depth to Lucario's play style, as I can see a lot of potential in this one.

(You can ignore the following if you have no interest in kupo's nightly builds...)
Also, I've done a bunch of testing on the amount of lag Ivysaur needs in order for it to not be useless (i.e. too much lag that it beats the purpose of having multiple up-b's, since the follow-up up-b won't latch after hitting the ledge-hogging opponent off with the first) but enough lag to make you have to effectively time/space it, for the use in kupo's set (due to the increased falling speed).
I also did some tests regarding a bunch of different variations of Yoshi's Island resizes, in attempt to fix the platform problem of the current resize in kupo's set.

I've PMed kupo the detailed information about these two matters, and am currently waiting for a response. So if anything, expect some development in these areas sometime soon.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Uh...there is a weird glitch if samus tries to quadruple missile (1 missile on the way up, DJ and 3 before you land) Sometimes the missile doesn't come out on the 4th one. I'll try to get a vid up to explain what i mean.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Uh...there is a weird glitch if samus tries to quadruple missile (1 missile on the way up, DJ and 3 before you land) Sometimes the missile doesn't come out on the 4th one. I'll try to get a vid up to explain what i mean.
Missile canceling. It was in Melee and vBrawl. The animation to shoot the missile is complete but it actually hasn't left the cannon yet.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Do the two Conditional Action Modifier codes not work with the snapshot method or something? I won't seem to work for me for some reason (and I do have Gecko 1.9).

storm92

Smash Ace
Do the two Conditional Action Modifier codes not work with the snapshot method or something? I won't seem to work for me for some reason (and I do have Gecko 1.9).
Why are you using the snapshot method with Gecko 1.9?
Its entirely unnecessary.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I knew someone would ask... :ohwell:
With the snapshot method, I can choose to play Brawl+ with textures (by loading the snapshot) or vBrawl with textures (by not loading the snapshot), instead of having to use a computer when I want to switch between the two.

So now that that is cleared up, I still need my question answered.

storm92

Smash Ace
Ah, got it.
Well, AFAIK no one else has tried it with snapshots as its a fairly outdated method, so its very possible it may just not work with the method.
I don't see why it wouldn't, but then again I'm not a hacker.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Chaos, the snapshot method worked for me. Did you remove the file replacement code in the plusery's set before converting it into a snapshot? You only need the file replacement code in the gct file in 'codes'.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Just a suggestion...Ivy should still go into fallspecial if the damaging version of the Up-b comes out
It just seems abusable to be able to attack with it multiple times in a row, especially when you're over land

and chaos, ive been using snapshots forever but i switched to gecko 1.9 - there really isnt any reason to keep using them (and the conditional action modifier does work with snapshots, you just missed a step in the process, probably what timothyung said)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Missile canceling. It was in Melee and vBrawl. The animation to shoot the missile is complete but it actually hasn't left the cannon yet.
No, there is enough time, trust me. One time i did it on the top of battlefield and i fell past the top platform and it just produced a puff of smoke, then i shot another one as i came down (Never landed through all of this)

Just a suggestion...Ivy should still go into fallspecial if the damaging version of the Up-b comes out
It just seems abusable to be able to attack with it multiple times in a row, especially when you're over land
There is too much after lag for it to really have any effect and the knockback on it is too far so that it won't be able to combo in itself. It has (not specific) about 3/4ths of a second (45 frames i would say) of lag, and that is waaayyy too much to do anything out of it.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
We Falco mains want his combo shine to come back... Please read Orca's post at our thread and hopefully, you will be convinced and put it back.

Proposal for Falco’s shine buff:

•Falco, like some other characters, has not gained as much from Brawl+ as the rest of the cast has.

•His combo game revolves around strict setups, all of which include his Utilt. He simply lacks the comboing depth that other characters now utilize.

•He doesn't have any key kill move. With his shine buff, having more combo ability and set up options he won't need a kill move buff because he'll be able to kill through comboing more effectively.

•Many characters have been tweaked already in Brawl+, in ways that specifically facilitate their combo game. If it's okay for them, then why not Falco?

•This is not an insta-win move! It will add options, as such, it will add depth to Falco's relatively shallow combo game. It will take quite a bit more than just his shine to finish the enemy.

•The new shine can also be DIed in such a way that the enemy hit by the shine can evade Falco, assuming Falco doesn't anticipate their DI.

•The shine was already relatively easy to avoid, and upon contact, it didn't benefit Falco much if at all. This will reward Falco for a successful landing of his shine, assuming he follows up correctly.

•Think of the IC's for a moment, their down+B now pulls the enemy in, much like Falco's new shine.

•Would you guys, as a community, be willing to give Falco this needed buff?

•Are you willing to allow Falco nearer equal combo standing with the other characters in the game?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I think they put it in and decided that it was too good/unnecessary to keep in. Maybe they will put it in if falco becomes a bad character.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
That'd be the exact same problem as the one they fixed with Ike. People could just jump in the way of the attack, get hit, and then recover, while Ivy falls to his doom.. Would it not?

iLink

Smash Champion
Would it be too much to ask to speed up the actual attack on Double Team so it does what its supposed to? More often then not, when they attack me during a double team, they just hold the shield button and they are able to shield/power shield the attack which defeats the purpose. Maybe speed it up about 2 frames or so?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Would it be too much to ask to speed up the actual attack on Double Team so it does what its supposed to? More often then not, when they attack me during a double team, they just hold the shield button and they are able to shield/power shield the attack which defeats the purpose. Maybe speed it up about 2 frames or so?
I agree with this

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Yep, I support that buff. Lucario's Double Team is almost as useless as Sing, and it should be buffed as Sing has been.

Wait a moment... :laugh:

Not, srly, I wouldn't mind if it gets buffed, right now there's no reason to use it ever -.-'

Bladefist137

Smash Cadet
Double Team speedup

Or change it so that if they shield it, that it will break instantly:laugh:
Nah just kidding x) but it would be a fun idea tho.

but in all seriousness, the move is suppose to punish you severely like marth's and Ike's counter, so it's a bit ******** already that you able to shield it or even powershield it and you end up getting punished for it instead of them:dizzy:

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Lucario's double team has been a long overdue change ever since we changed hitlag way back at the start of B+. I'm not sure why we haven't mess with it...

Falco Shine

I'm still against any form of a Falco Shine buff. I'm sorry but I just don't believe Falco needs it as much as his mains think.

•Falco, like some other characters, has not gained as much from Brawl+ as the rest of the cast has.
I tried that with Wario in the Back Room and got shot down. Fact is, some characters don't need much help and are already very well off. What about Snake? Sheik? DK? Diddy? Kirby? Ike? G and W? Wolf? (assuming his shine is removed too) Point is there are tons of characters that have gotten only 1 or 2 tweaks besides their initial gravities and that is because they are all very solid characters.

•His combo game revolves around strict setups, all of which include his Utilt. He simply lacks the comboing depth that other characters now utilize.
Seems opinionated but whatever. Also, what Falco 'lacks in comboing depth' he makes up for a with a deep laser game.

•He doesn't have any key kill move. With his shine buff, having more combo ability and set up options he won't need a kill move buff because he'll be able to kill through comboing more effectively.
That's called a character weakness.
•Many characters have been tweaked already in Brawl+, in ways that specifically facilitate their combo game. If it's okay for them, then why not Falco?
See point 1
•This is not an insta-win move! It will add options, as such, it will add depth to Falco's relatively shallow combo game. It will take quite a bit more than just his shine to finish the enemy.
Good (or in my opinion about Falco, Great) characters don't need more options. Poor or mediocre characters need more options.

•The new shine can also be DIed in such a way that the enemy hit by the shine can evade Falco, assuming Falco doesn't anticipate their DI.
Well duh, what can't be DI'd to avoid a follow-up unless someone reads your DI? That's the point of DI'ing.
•The shine was already relatively easy to avoid, and upon contact, it didn't benefit Falco much if at all. This will reward Falco for a successful landing of his shine, assuming he follows up correctly.
Falco also reflects the best of all the spacies. The shine still reflects on the way back. If you feel the shine is out too long then we can adjust that.

•Think of the IC's for a moment, their down+B now pulls the enemy in, much like Falco's new shine.
I still think people want to remove their chain grabs. We don't have the tools at the moment, but we can still lay the ground work.

•Would you guys, as a community, be willing to give Falco this needed buff?
I'm not gonna pitch a fit if he gets it, I just don't feel he needs it.
•Are you willing to allow Falco nearer equal combo standing with the other characters in the game?
He already combos well enough, you just need to get it setup. Sure his setups are strict but that's why he has the laser. He keeps pressure on the opponent and waits for the mistake and can swoop in and combo.
[/QUOTE]

No matter what happens, I did enjoy reading Orca's post and Falco mains have been a very approachable and manageable group to deal with and for that reason you have my thanks.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Right I read it. He made very valid points and it was an overall enjoyable read. I stand by the fact Falco doesn't need help and I'd rather give 'cool and unique' things to mediocre characters first. That being, I won't lie it was more enjoyable to play Falco with the shine then without.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Where the heck is the gameconfig.txt file?
Code:
RSB?01:
codeliststart = 80570000
codelistend = 80580000
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)
Copy and paste that into a text document.

Save and name that text document 'gameconfig'

When saving it, save the document in the root of the SD card. This is the very first screen you reach when opening your SD card.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Code:
RSB?01:
codeliststart = 80570000
codelistend = 80580000
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)
Copy and paste that into a text document.

Save and name that text document 'gameconfig'

When saving it, save the document in the root of the SD card. This is the very first screen you reach when opening your SD card.
Thanks a lot! Do I also add RSB?01

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Just copy and paste exactly what I put into a text file and name it 'gameconfig'. That should work for you. For future reference try and use the FAQ for help with this kind of stuff. Either way, hope you enjoy the codes.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Chaos, the snapshot method worked for me. Did you remove the file replacement code in the plusery's set before converting it into a snapshot? You only need the file replacement code in the gct file in 'codes'.
I know perfectly well how the File Replacement code works, so I didn't include it twice.

The thing is, I'm trying to test out kupo's set with the changes made by the two Conditional Action Modifier codes. I made sure to turn off the FallSpecial Mod when I'm using the Conditional Action Mods (considering the Plussery set doesn't have FallSpecial Mod, either). So there could be the possibility that something from another code's conflicting with it... I'll get back to this later when I figure it out.

I'm for improving Lucario's down-b. As of right now, his down-b is about as useless as an Independent PT Pokémon's down-b. :laugh:

And as for Falco, I think he doesn't really need the shine buff. His shine's good enough as is, and he is, overall, a pretty good character, already, so he doesn't need a buff such as this. (I'm fine with buffing a move on a good character as long as that move is pretty much useless, like Lucario's case, but when the move it already useful enough, I don't think it's necessary to buff it.)

SSD

Smash Journeyman
for the brawlplussary set, it uses both meteor smash and spike terms when talking about changes. Is this just inconsistency, or are some moves now true spikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom