• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Why not try it out yourself if it's disjointed? There's a download link for it in the description.

I can't try since I only make Smasher contact once a month. I'm surprised I'm not level 5 suck being this isolated. =P

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I don't play Lucas, but that's pretty good. Although it seems like the hitbox stays out a bit too long.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
you made it. you can't tell whether it's disjointed or not? >.>

i guess I'll give it a go now. i'm not sure how i'm gonna test it without a human to help me but we'll see if i can think of something >.>

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It may not be disjointed simply for the fact that it's attached to Lucas's hand like his fsmash rather than a prop. If fsmash is not disjointed than this isn't either so to speak.

Or rather, the Rope Snake is not a prop to even begin with.

Hitbox duration is fixed and lasts roughly the same amount of frames TL's does (and by that I mean lasts the same time interval from the hitbox being out, then terminates at the same time span difference...or something like that. *confused self*)

The video is outdated.

EDIT: By Lucas's hand I mean its bone id, the hitbox is then shifted horizontally to the Rope Snake.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
fsmash is disjointed. sweet then.

from now on, if project SA is being used with Brawl+, you can't just distribute a .gct and call it a day anymore. D:

you guys should probably just get a .rar and make it so you can copy the contents of the .rar directly to the SD card. put the .gct in a codes folder, FitLucas.pac in private/app/rsbe/pf/lucas or whatever it is, etc. to make it easier for people

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
He was. Someone posted a link to your MM with Thunderhorse earlier. I dunno if you saw it yet but it's on my youtube.

And I agree about the zair thing.
Yea, that was me. Good matches.

Anyways, that Z-air looks pretty good and the only change for lucas i feel is warranted.

D

Deleted member

Yea .pac files are gonna be really difficult to distribute to everyone properly - is there anyway to convert .pac data to .gct codes?

Revven

FrankerZ
Yea .pac files are gonna be really difficult to distribute to everyone properly - is there anyway to convert .pac data to .gct codes?
lol... No, we'd need codes... which would mean going back to something that can't even do what SA did to Lucas Zair.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm confused here... So what your saying we CAN't add this to the nightly?
:(
I'm saying we can't convert anything that can be done with SA to a .GCT. We CAN add it to the next nightly as a .PAC only.

Everything will likely be .PACs while the .GCT will contain what can't be done with SA (hitstun, and all those other gameplay mechanics) and some hitboxes that can't be ported to it (Bowser Down B, Samus Neutral B and Side B for example).

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
PSA files would also force TO's to have enough SD cards for each Wii, or have a computer to make sure the right .pac's are used.
You can't just take the card out after loading the codes like you normally can, and any .pac can be on somebody's SD card.

Not that it should be the biggest concern, just saying that it complicates things.
It would also force some players to buy a new SD card which would suck... You can play B+ now with SDHC minus textures and music but PSA changes would force you to use a standard SD card.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
If they can afford the venue fee and the tourny fee, I doubt a one time investment will deter players.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
This does make it easier for people to cheat using custom codes though.

Also TO's can just treat SD cards the same as actual setups, just have certain people bring them.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
what the

who would do that? XD

if someone really did that, they'd be found out and dqed. whatever.

if the change was subtle enough that nobody would notice, then, uh, does it matter? :laugh:
They could easily give their own main slightly more KB on every kill move and most people wouldn't notice but it could still change the outcome of the match.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
if its small enough that most people wouldn't notice, then...it's not that big a deal. anyone who does something stupid like that, where they have a chance of getting caught, deserves what's coming to them when they do.

also, they could only do that on one wii. i mean, i don't know if you've ever been to a tournament, but it's very rare that you'll be able to play on your own console :laugh: it always seems like someone else is using it.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
if its small enough that most people wouldn't notice, then...it's not that big a deal. anyone who does something stupid like that, where they have a chance of getting caught, deserves what's coming to them when they do.

also, they could only do that on one wii. i mean, i don't know if you've ever been to a tournament, but it's very rare that you'll be able to play on your own console :laugh: it always seems like someone else is using it.
Swap the SD cards when nobody is looking, or while you are up at the console plugging a controller in.

I would hate to call B+ players dishonorable, but the point is that cheating becomes much more accessible.

This all shouldn't be an issue however, it just means the TO has to take a couple extra steps to make sure nothing goes wrong.
Even something as simple as putting a little mark on the SD cards being used would stop it. Just check which SD card is used before a set. If it has the TO's marker on it then you know nothing outside the Plussery could be on it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Create a program that transfers/overwrite files on an SD card from a folder on TO's laptop and tape SD cards shut. Anytime the seal (tape) is broken the player who brakes the seal with TO approval is DQ'd.

TO takes 5% of total payout to buy more SD cards if he wants to use his own.

Also, all this talk about Motherboys is really annoying me. Shut up. Come back when you have support from your mains.

And giving Lucas zair? ugh. no thanks. Let's work with what we have and let's avoid adding moves to characters. .__.

EDIT: And if anyone is blamed for foul play, check the SD card and compare .pac files to TO versions other than the date created as that's pointeless to use. if there is even a slight difference, DQ the person of who the SD card belongs to. :V

It's possible to manage this. you just need to be a prick about it and give no second chances to let people know Brawl+ TOs don't play because it's dishonorable and damaging to the rep of Brawl+ in general.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
And? Of course Lucas' users would support a working Zair. I don't think it's possible to find a Lucas mainer who doesnt want a working Zair. If I was a Lucas mainer, I'd want one too.

"Woo! One more attack! A major buff! More metagame! More potential! No downsides! asdfasdfasdfad!!!!"

Let's stick to moves that actually exist.

Adding new moves is the last thing we should do in Brawl+ imo.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
If anyone is considered a suspect for cheating at a tournament in the way you guys described, you can always prove so by running the replays of the involved matches using the TO's SD card (which would contain the correct codeset). If the replay goes kahpooey (as normally happens when replays are incorrectly played through with different codesets), then you know you've got a cheater. Pretty simple.

Though I'm no Lucas main (I just picked him up a week ago), that Zair looks alright. Maybe not Lucas's answer for more range (seems like lack of range is his staple weakness that should be left in), but pretty sweet nonetheless.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Let us ask ourselves this..

Can lucas win a brawl+ tourney, I think he can in the right hands he is solid as of now.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I can only say I love Lucas's zair. The setups and possibilities seem completly endless and he is so much more fun to play.

But I can't support anything not made into codes, that means anything involving Project SA is out.....Why?
.pac files are gonna be really difficult to distribute to everyone properly

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You realize that we're very likely going to have to distribute some .pac files anyways, right?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
New usages my black ***.

You're adding in a new attack. We should not be adding new attacks into this game.
That is the most invalid point I have ever seen.
You didn't even back up your statement with reasoning. :I

I feel a weak Zair with a launch angle that could lead into uair would not be gamebreaking. At all. The way that we can manipulate it at will should be enough to drown out your "no new attacks" attitude. You could make it a OHKO or you could make it a 1% damage with 0 KBC and very small knockback. At the moment Lucas play is limited to simply spamming nair for approaches and close combat. It's really shallow.

If you still feel a weak Zair for comboing is too much of a buff, nerfing nair wouldn't be a mistake.

u_u

(Also I would tap that)

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
As a Lucas main in vBrawl and using him semi regularly in Brawl+...he really doesn't need this zair to be a new move as he has quite a few options to start combos already.
Though if it stays in, I could see myself using it, but it's seriously not that necessary.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
All we ever do in this thread is argue. If you want some nice discussion this isn't the place to go -_-

Zair isn't needed, but it would come with nerfs, and it would be nice.

Nice is good, right? >.>

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That is the most invalid point I have ever seen.
You didn't even back up your statement with reasoning. :I

I feel a weak Zair with a launch angle that could lead into uair would not be gamebreaking. At all. The way that we can manipulate it at will should be enough to drown out your "no new attacks" attitude. You could make it a OHKO or you could make it a 1% damage with 0 KBC and very small knockback. At the moment Lucas play is limited to simply spamming nair for approaches and close combat. It's really shallow.

If you still feel a weak Zair for comboing is too much of a buff, nerfing nair wouldn't be a mistake.

u_u

(Also I would tap that)
I feel as if no new attacks should be added to the game period. I dont care anything about how weak or strong the move would be. I care about the principle and the action of actually adding in new attacks that did not exist before. Ever.

Didnt you say that you dont play lucas? you say that he's limited to spamming nair? With an unearthed metagame, how can you be so sure that's all he's limted too, when not even all Lucas' simply spam nair? Lucas, like most charaters have unearthed metagames that arent being given enough time to actully be developed.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
wait, lucas needs to be nerfed to get zair?

it's just fixing his biggest weakness - a ****ty approach game.

they tried to fix him by giving him falcon like-momentum, but then they forgot to give him a disjointed aerial/range. without either, he's trash. nair is his only good approach and it's a decent one but at higher levels of play it's like, impossible to actually land because people KNOW it's your only good approach. and all they have to do is jump back and you're gonna get punished.

if he has a disjointed approach, even with ****ty range, that's not an issue anymore.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I feel as if no new attacks should be added to the game period. I dont care anything about how weak or strong the move would be. I care about the principle and the action of actually adding in new attacks that did not exist before. Ever.

Didnt you say that you dont play lucas? you say that he's limited to spamming nair? With an unearthed metagame, how can you be so sure that's all he's limted too, when not even all Lucas' simply spam nair? Lucas, like most charaters have unearthed metagames that arent being given enough time to actully be developed.
I don't main Lucas, but I occasionally play Lucas.

You guys got rid of old Ness's fair because "it was too spammy". Need I say more?

And quit grouping all of the mains of said character in such a fashion. That is so ****ing annoying. Talk to said people by their name instead of dragging everyone into this for no reason. (Speaking to everyone)

LOL MOTHER MAINS

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
And why are we fixing one of Lucas' weakness?

o w8. we're not. .___.
lack of range, terrible approach

you know who that reminds me of? vbrawl captain falcon. you guys fixed him! hey, you even fixed his recovery!

why would you fix a nonviable character? that's crazy talk.

lucas is only viable in low level play, the higher up the ladder you go the worse he'll get. like vbrawl zelda, or melee mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom