• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

ace_brawler2

Smash Cadet
Really? If I double jump before the halfway point of the full hop I enter this state.

Its like airdodging but ness literally enters the feetle(?) position. you can only jump, or touch the ground to get out.

Recently it has helped to get through spam. It's better to use this instead of and airdodge because it cancels upward momentum. So its like a mobile spotdodge that you can jump out of.

ace_brawler2

Smash Cadet
Okay, here goes nothing:

As ness, I can full hop then immediately press the jump button a second time to enter an invincibility state that makes ness curl up into the fetal position. It makes you fall straight down until you touch the ground, but you CAN jump out of it. (it doesn't steal your jump[dunno why])

Lil'E

Smash Apprentice
*downloads the row set*

I'll keep trying to recreate it, but do you have a replay you could upload?

Edit: I see what you mean. I think that set still has Ness's LOL wannabe double jump cancel no one liked.

ace_brawler2

Smash Cadet
I deleted the roy gct.

Also I found out some really nice combos:

0-5%
Dair(on grounded opponent) -> SH pkfire -> semi charged bat.
It does about 55%, IIRC.

20-30%
Dair(grounded) --> up air --> pk thunder
Don't know percent, probably ~33.

0-75%
dthrow--> dair --> tech chase

All%
dair(grounded) --> pkthunder
Does 20% and is guaranteed if dair doesn't kill them. It even sets them up for juggling.

D

Deleted member

Finally found a camera; got some great vids to upload for you guys. Incoming within the next 12 hours or so.

ace_brawler2

Smash Cadet
Nice vid. I only watched the first. Ness' Fair is good for spacing, but you can't follow up from it. You use it alot. But whatever works, works.

Where did you get the Ness texture?

matt4300

Smash Ace
I saw little to no use of that broken PSI Magnet.
On kirby? please... hes immune to most tactics that work on other chars. Apparently he can also ledgecamp for a 0-death on any char with a bad recovery with no risk to him at all... Imagine if there was money on the line in that battle pretty sure thats the least risk move with the best results kirby can do... unless ofcouse he wants to CG combo you to 40 from 0 every stock.

When kirby DUCKED his bat he really should have drilled his red pancakes directly into nesses ballz... Because ness just lost any shread of dignity left in his tiny body.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Ness' meh recovery is just what Kirby likes for dinner. He's really annoying to recover against. MK is deathly worse though.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Delorted, does Minus use any other characters?

If so, is Psi magnet useful against any of them?

Also, Kirby being a bad matchup does not equate to him being broken. He just so happens to have everything needed to **** ness.

Lil'E

Smash Apprentice
Eh...

A well timed PSI Magnet would have saved him against some of those bair kills Kirby got when he was returning to the stage since it does have some SA now I suppose. Even stalling would have depleted a few of Kirby's jumps which might have made a difference.

And of course PSI Magnet is too awesome to not use anyway.

D

Deleted member

Delorted, does Minus use any other characters?

If so, is Psi magnet useful against any of them?

Also, Kirby being a bad matchup does not equate to him being broken. He just so happens to have everything needed to **** ness.
I can't tell if you guys are being serious about psi magnet at all or not. I don't see what it possibly could do?

Kirby is broken guys. It's not just that I play ness. yeah, I can get gimped pretty badly, but it's not the gimping that makes kirby so ****. granted, it's easily just icing on the cake, and doesn't make the match up any easier, but i don't get gimped tooooo often..in fact, kirby gimps most characters with absolute ease. ness can actually be pretty offensive with his recovery (angle it down) if you do it properly. his grab game, his DISJOINTED b-air / f-smash (like, oh my god, wtf is wrong with these hitboxes) and his overall amazing recovery; priority, gimpability, speed, landing lag...it's all perfect. kirby has no weaknesses, and if you think marth beats him by outspacing him, you aren't playing a good kirby.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I was being serious about the psi magnet.

In all seriousness, is it really useful? Only a few people have found a use for it, however situational it may be.

Thunderhorse, you are not allowed to answer this question. :chuckle:

matt4300

Smash Ace
I can't tell if you guys are being serious about psi magnet at all or not. I don't see what it possibly could do?

Kirby is broken guys. It's not just that I play ness. yeah, I can get gimped pretty badly, but it's not the gimping that makes kirby so ****. granted, it's easily just icing on the cake, and doesn't make the match up any easier, but i don't get gimped tooooo often..in fact, kirby gimps most characters with absolute ease. ness can actually be pretty offensive with his recovery (angle it down) if you do it properly. his grab game, his DISJOINTED b-air / f-smash (like, oh my god, wtf is wrong with these hitboxes) and his overall amazing recovery; priority, gimpability, speed, landing lag...it's all perfect. kirby has no weaknesses, and if you think marth beats him by outspacing him, you aren't playing a good kirby.
Wario also has that **** going on...

Alphatron

Smash Champion
About the PSI magnet, I had an instance in which Ness glided horizontally in the air after tanking a multi hit attack. Odd...

Also, bair isn't disjointed since it's still entirely part of Kirby's hurtbox.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Shhhhhh >.>
The less people who know about Wario, the easier my life is :V
Can you believe it took so many months for people to realize Wario was good vBrawL?

Hell I new a mod who believed Ike was better than Wario LOL.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
About the PSI magnet, I had an instance in which Ness glided horizontally in the air after tanking a multi hit attack. Odd...

Also, bair isn't disjointed since it's still entirely part of Kirby's hurtbox.
Bair was disjointed in melee and it still is disjointed in brawl...

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Yeah I said that because I'd been using it against the sandbag in WFR and I kept grtting glancing hits at the tip of his feet. My bad though.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Well, after messing around in SA, I noticed that yoyos are props. SA can't edit props.

It's like Sakurai made sure that ness would suck. D:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
So it's 100% impossible to make non clanking yoyos? That's really the only thing I really want to see right now...

Fair rising/ zap jump dair is a **** combo.

Characters like mk and Marth are very susceptible to fair -> fair -> dair while characters like Zelda or Falco it doesn't work that well...

U-throw combos Falco well (better than d-throw for that matchup)...

Top Bottom