• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Ness (SEVENTEEN ****ETY THREE)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
unless things were changed pk fire zap jump doesn't go as far as fair zap jumped...

What a dumb name lol.

ZAP JUMP.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Zap Jumping is a terrible name, much like Ness is a terrible character.

Sage play Brawl+ again. I miss trolling a non-black 16 year old.

Also for all those doubting PK Magnet's usefulness, I'm going to see if I can get a certain teams match and singles match soon. I won't spoil the surprise, but both instances are pretty epic.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm in Richmond now Thunderhorse. The only other brawl+ player here plays Snake and I don't like playing against Snakes and I just find melee more entertaining. Plus Doll lives here. Can't pass up that opportunity to learn from a fellow Peach main.

And I'm a 25 year old African American thank you very much.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I'm in Richmond now Thunderhorse. The only other brawl+ player here plays Snake and I don't like playing against Snakes and I just find melee more entertaining. Plus Doll lives here. Can't pass up that opportunity to learn from a fellow Peach main.

And I'm a 25 year old African American thank you very much.
Okay, so he plays snake, so what? My friend normally plays jiggs, and while I've had enough jiggs to last me a lifetime, I still play against him because at least it gives me jiggs experience.

Then again, I occasionally go to smashfests and whatnot. Still, having a friend that plays an annoying character is better than having to use wifail.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I like Richmond better than DC, but that's like saying one piece of **** is better than another piece of ****.

LolracistmuchTH?

The point is I prefer melee over playing vs. Snake. In fact, I prefer melee over brawl+ in general still lol.

Lil'E

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played Brawl or Brawl+ in forever, but I try to watch the newest videos put out.

I've noticed that a lot of people no longer use PK Thunder outside of recovery as much as they used too. Even without the infinite part, I always thought people considered PK Thunder one of those "MINDGAMEZ SON" or defensive type of moves.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Are you kidding? I use it all the time. Have you seen my vids?

It's a nice move to harass people with. And I'm pretty sure that there's a way to hit people with PKT where it essentially sends them back a double jump's length back away from the stage. I'm still working on this, though.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
That happens in melee too. Pkt's knockback is the direction you hit them from. So if you hit them from the left they go left. They can always di the hit upwards though. At least I think it's the same as melee.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Either way, it's free damage, and with reduced boundaries, free damage = earlier deaths.

Are there any matchups anyone want's to discuss?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Not exactly. You are usually better off edgeguarding them. Especially now that Ness has zap jump, his edgeguarding can be fairly diverse.

Too bad you can't edgeguard with the bat like you could in melee...

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Meh, I guess Zapjumping to get out there is a good maneuver, but normally if it doesn't kill the person, I find myself in a bad position as to when to PKT2.

I don't enjoy being off the edge without my second jump with Ness.

And what makes it impossible to edgeguard with the bat like in melee? Ledge snap ranges?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Ew, Lucas, gtfo.

jk, but seriously, why would you ever dj off the ledge with Ness to edgeguard? That's just asking for an early gimp.

If the double jump is going to be used offstage, then experiment with a FF fair offstage into a dj dair. Someone try that and get back to me.

_clinton

Smash Master
Well Nair is an ok tool to fling out as you edge guard using your double jump I guess. That or Bair (although Nair's sour seems to be stronger than Bair's)

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Lol dtilt.

Outside of silly friendlies, how effective is dtilt really? Delorted was praising the move like it was awesome. Is it?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I guess it would be. How the hell would anyone get caught by dtilt, with the UpBs and ledge grab ranges in this game?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I prefer single jab gimps randomly thrown out in friendlies, It's really funny to surprise people with something unusual and have them actually die since they don't know how to react. And if snake is using upB near the edge just grab him and don't pummel, then he has to blow himself up to attempt recovering again.

I'm somewhat annoyed because I can either play crappy Ness in Melee with mindgamey PKT1 or good Ness in Brawl+ with ok-but-meh PKT1. Also after playing B+ I try to dash grab in Melee, which is just pitifully bad with Ness.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Hey Sage, was the YYG competitively viable? Or a gimmick? (In the highest level of play)

Top Bottom