• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Moveset Discussion Week 5: Nair

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinoH

Smash Lord
nair is great for
Pros:
Great damage racker
great "combo" move
Not verry easy to punish
Good for gimping
High Priority

Cons:
Fairly weak

Cant think of anything else right now
Probably Jiggs Best Move

Veril

Frame Savant
N-air is amazing. Its strings together nicely with the other aerials as well as pound. It can combo into rest and is a great move to followup with a falldashed grab.

It is a godsend vs. the spacies and IMO pikachu since it beats out phantasm and QA. So I view it as a great defensive and gimping move due to the OMG never ending sex-kick.

The sex kick is way more useful than the strong version though.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
this move makes me lol so much...I mainly use it near the edge when they're trying to get up from an edge and they end up falling off the stage again.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
This is probably my least used aerial with Jigglypuff, although I should probably use it more. This move is pretty nice, when used it basically makes her a big moving hitbox and lasts a long time. It weakens the longer its out I believe as all sex kicks do. Its priority is decent, and the damage is pretty mediocre, overall its a good move.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Good for stringing hits together, and it's good to use this over the Fair in some situations, since you should keep your Fair fresh.

Tham

Smash Apprentice
i like the nair, but i dont hype it ...

it is usefull but imo just good for "combos", i dont really use it that often, imo the bair/fair or pound are better attacks

stagespiking with nair is cool, and i think after a nair u can follow the opponent who got hit and maybe try a jab-lock (think the opponent needs about 60% for that)

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY
i love nair

besides whats been said, i do ff'd sourspot fair > jump > sweetspot nair a lot off the edge

if you space it right nair's lasting hitbox usually will interrupt most attempts to get off the ledge. this includes ledge attacks, although usually you both trade off attacks (which i like, as long as they're off the edge im fine with that as jiggs)

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I like Nair as a landing option to a rising drill kick, It's a pretty beastly combo for about 25-30%
I've just started using Nair as a ledge sex kick, and it's crazy good I also like the pit killing value, since most of my friends main pit they always say they have the best areal game since they have so many jumps. Nair has help me to prove that their jumps mean nothing against my manly floating powers.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Well, that might be good to put in a summary lol.

Yeah, n-air is a move that people ignore when they first pick Jiggs up. Then they pull it OOS or combo with it and realize its one of her best moves.
Screw that. Sing OoS is where it's at.

Jokes aside though, Nair OoS rocks. Then again, Jiggs can do like any aerial OoS.

Veril

Frame Savant
Screw that. Sing OoS is where it's at.

Jokes aside though, Nair OoS rocks. Then again, Jiggs can do like any aerial OoS.
You don't want to stale the forward air. Back air hits... back. Up-air is good but has some startup lag and doesn't hit to the sides much.

N-air is fastish, hits in front and has an absurd sex kick.

I changed the Jab-lock setup name BTW.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
N-air is jigg`z most surprising way to gimp off stage, and in the air. If timed correctly, it can stage spike at moderate %s. best used if your opponent is under the stage.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I love nair. Sometimes, I like to attack the top portion of a character, I like to jump+nair. It works pretty well, especially when trying to get away from a chase if they shielded the attack. Its longlasting hitboxes makes me worry less about when I hit and more of where I hit, and at low percents, could clash and leave you in a more favorable position than the other person most of the time.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Okay. This is gonna sound bad, but whenever I WANT to nair, I always end up using a fair. I generally want to move forward while attacking, and that's definitely why, but how do you move forward with a nair? nair -> DI forward?

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Okay. This is gonna sound bad, but whenever I WANT to nair, I always end up using a fair. I generally want to move forward while attacking, and that's definitely why, but how do you move forward with a nair? nair -> DI forward?
It's something you learn with practice, kinda like rising pounds. Just keep using it in training mode then practice against CPU's so you know you can hit with it. I hit nair then I just push the remote immediately in whatever direction I want. Eventually you should be able to nair as you jump, which can help you OoS.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I find nair very helpful in the ROB matchup as he tries to avoid your shieldgrabs and doesnt expect a OoS nair. I wracked up like 80 damage just from nair on a really good ROB main who couldn't adjust to it until his second stock :laugh:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Nair is too good, I love it when I can nair after pounds. I never really nair OoS; I always go for grabs, dash attacks, or bairs depending on the situation.

Also, g-reg is right--nair to grab is too good.

Jigglypuff should be in the air, but if you have to be on the ground, your throws all do over 10%! Throw in pummels, and add the damage recovered due to stale moves, and we're talking serious stuff.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Abuse it as you WoP.

Because of your insane aireal speed, you can DI this non directional move so well, (which is good because it is so long) unlike other sex kicks that last only an instant. However, the delayed timing does sourspot on most situations, you can still SH right at an opponent after a quick jab combo.

Also, it has a form-fitting hitbox that makes it very easy to land.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
YAY THIS TOTALLY NUB POST IS OBSOLETE <3<3<3

Nair is sex. I love bairbairnair. It gets predictable but it's still sexy.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
nair is great for
Pros:
Great damage racker
great "combo" move
Not verry easy to punish
Good for gimping
High Priority

Cons:
Fairly weak

Cant think of anything else right now
Probably Jiggs Best Move
rising soft n-air gets no love. Its actually really good since it WILL combo into rest.
I've never seen rinoH post something this long.

Obviously Nair is the best move ever. It can make rinoH make a medium sized post! JK

But seriously, this move is beastly. The inital kick has suprisingly long range, the sexkick lasts forever, it's great for setups, including ones upon landing, great for gimping, good OOS, hits behing you slightly, ect. it's also kinda useful as your Fair that isn't. By that I mean that it's hitbox if in front of you (kinda Fairs in general use), but doesn't stale fair. The absurdly long sexkick means you can use Nair, then DI wherever you want, and still be attacking. or you can space with it.

Just too good.

Delmore

Smash Rookie
I think it's straightforward how useful the move is, it can be used in most situations as a good alternative.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
If I start using my fair for damage, I will typically try and get a fresh nair KO off stage.

PND

Smash Champion
I love nair. It's not her best move, but it's my favorite. I use it for SOO many gimps, I love it.

Ms.Username

Smash Rookie
Nair for me is perfect for breaking out of combos

when I WOP i usually find myself using fair to get them offstage followed by nairs to keep them offstage. I feel that the nair is better for gimping than fair :)

plus i try and keep fair fresh ^^

Veril

Frame Savant
nair can gimp so many recoveries. DK, furries and tether users come to mind. If not outright gimp, it harasses so well.

I think its about time to stop discussing this move though... and discuss... REST! (lol)

PND

Smash Champion
I often bair into nair and drift away. If I'm not in a good position to go for a full WoP, but my bair check hits, this is my most common follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom