• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - More balanced than Melee? Lie or truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
This has what to do with what, anyway? Also, 200 dollar moneymatch, you, me, online. I'll play online for the first time ever for this.

What the hell kind of logic is this? "There's this one 'pro' league with DoA, hence DoA must be one of the best fighting games evar!"

Hand to hand allows kniws, clubs and other melee weapons.
WOW!!!!!! I'm no scrub every tourney I go to I drop about a grand on MM's but no ever has that amount of money so I max at about $600 - 2nd - online......no comment. lolz

Do you understand hand to hand? Unlike most people I'm not going to assume you don't but yes hands and feet and any other body part you feel you need to use to win - not weapons.

NO DOA4 is not the best game ever I like all fighting games...lolz so I'm not biased to just one but, then I'm just waiting for SSBB to start on MLG and maybe they can be better than CGS and travel to smaller states rather than just the big ones like Cali and NY/

SF is simple and this is a infinite [Ken - put enemy on the wall and do the fire uppercut times whatever amount is need to win] same for most other fighting games I still love em' though.....lolz all fighting games have that one character with a move you can use over and over and win with ease lolz.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
WOW!!!!!! I'm no scrub every tourney I go to I drop about a grand on MM's but no ever has that amount of money so I max at about $600 - 2nd - online......no comment. lolz
Name these tournaments.

Do you understand hand to hand? Unlike most people I'm not going to assume you don't but yes hands and feet and any other body part you feel you need to use to win - not weapons.
Yes, the term "hand to hand" allows knives, clubs and other "small" melee weapons.

NO DOA4 is not the best game ever I like all fighting games...lolz so I'm not biased to just one but, then I'm just waiting for SSBB to start on MLG and maybe they can be better than CGS and travel to smaller states rather than just the big ones like Cali and NY/
Why did you even bring DoA4 up? And why are you defending it so much? It's a bad game.

SF is simple and this is a infinite [Ken - put enemy on the wall and do the fire uppercut times whatever amount is need to win] same for most other fighting games I still love em' though.....lolz all fighting games have that one character with a move you can use over and over and win with ease lolz.
Pray tell, which Street Figher is this, again?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't recall SF having any infinites.

DoA sucks. Horribly.

You suck at trolling.

You don't have that much money.

Hand to hand combat encompasses exactly what Yuna mentioned above.

Why am I typing like I'm on a Wii?

Mega, leave the thread now.

Smooth Criminal

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Name these tournaments.

Yes, the term "hand to hand" allows knives, clubs and other "small" melee weapons.

Why did you even bring DoA4 up? And why are you defending it so much? It's a bad game.

Pray tell, which Street Figher is this, again?
Tournaments I go to are underground which means it's not main stream yet I'm working on that...lolz

No comment lolz.

IDC for DOA4 either so I'm done with that lolz. - but the game is not bad - that's your opinion and that ^^^ was mine

Every street fighter you can do the uppercut on which is all of them....lolz.

I love smash and the rules I wouldn't trade it for the world, I'm just tired of people complaining [no one specific] about this and that, if you don't like it don't play it stay a melee baby there's nothing wrong with that. - I love the Smash community [and fun arguments like this] thank you all for your opinions and I've put mine out there so I'm done I'll do the right thing and close my case no one is right or wrong there just opinions.....lolz

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
He is faster than melee marth
No he isn't! Marth falls faster, short hops lower, and has shorter lasting aerials. In the air Marth beats Metaknight for sure
has a better recovery than jigglypuff
Eh, not really. Jigglypuff has rising pound to conserve her jumps, while Metaknight has to use his to get back.
and could gimp everyone off a cliff with the extra hitstun on his attacks even better than he does currently.
This isn't really new though. Marth and Jigglypuff would still be better edgeguarders (Jigglypuff could go further out and has more aerial mobility, Marth's edgeguarding is stronger and more efficient).
His Up-b would also be extremely difficult to ledge-guard
Counter, Light shield edgehog, Light shield shinespike, Falling nair, ect. Just edgeguard it like Marth.
and frankly, a wave-dashing metaknight could be really dangerous with his near-instant downsmash out of a frame-perfect wavedash.
Metaknight has good traction. Ergo, he has a short wavedash.

But while you notice all the things Metaknight would be good at, have you ever thought of just how much he'd get ***** by the higher tier characters? Marth's f-throw to f-smash, and
range advantage in general would be a nightmare for metaknight. Add in a rediculously easy counter edgeguard and you've got quite a tough matchup against one of the most popular characters. Then there's Falco, who will run all over you with Lasers and shine combos, and here you are without the instant kill of a chaingrab or up throw rest that the other characters have.

Metaknight would indeed be amazing in melee physics, but at the same time, the other characters are even more amazing in melee physics.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
I don't recall SF having any infinites.

DoA sucks. Horribly.

You suck at trolling.

You don't have that much money.

Hand to hand combat encompasses exactly what Yuna mentioned above.

Why am I typing like I'm on a Wii?

Mega, leave the thread now.

Smooth Criminal
Hey chill I'm done and it's not an infinite but easy to manipulate in to winning every time

DOA sucking is your opinion

Yes I do have that much money....how can you tell me what I have and don't have.....k thanks lolz. stfu on that subject!

everything else fine lolz...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tournaments I go to are underground which means it's not main stream yet I'm working on that...lolz
"Underground Smash tournaments"?

No comment lolz.
Good comeback after being beaten by the English language.

IDC for DOA4 either so I'm done with that lolz. - but the game is not bad - that's your opinion and that ^^^ was mine
And the opinion of the majority of all Competitive fighting game players (that don't play DoA). It's terrible when compared to other games. The fact the CGS has had it more than once shows how n00b they are.

Every street fighter you can do the uppercut on which is all of them....lolz.
Which would be a lie.

I love smash and the rules I wouldn't trade it for the world, I'm just tired of people complaining [no one specific] about this and that, if you don't like it don't play it stay a melee baby there's nothing wrong with that.
Very mature of you to use terms like "Melee baby".

- I love the Smash community [and fun arguments like this] thank you all for your opinions and I've put mine out there so I'm done I'll do the right thing and close my case no one is right or wrong there just opinions.....lolz
Our "opinions" are actually largely facts recited to refute your opinions... of BS. One can clearly be wrong.

* You're wrong on what the term "hand to hand" means, as your opinion does not have the power to change the English language.
* You're wrong on Ken having an infinite in all SF games since he doesn't have one in any of them.
* You're wrong on that DoA isn't a ****ty game because of it's horribly flawed system, but at least this one's just your opinion, so I'll just call your opinion BS.
* You're wrong on that we use many stages that are random and that hurt you randomly in Melee.

I could go on, but that'd force me to re-read your posts (and that would be painful). These were off the top of my head.

Hey chill I'm done and it's not an infinite but easy to manipulate in to winning every time
Or not. He can't even combo from a Shoryuken unless he cancels it into a super in one of the games in which there are supers and where he can cancel his Shoryuken into one and you can do that from pretty much any move.

Otherwise, off of a normal Shoryuken, he can't do squat.

Your opinion is bad you should feel bad!

Yes I do have that much money....how can you tell me what I have and don't have.....k thanks lolz. stfu on that subject!
"Underground Smash tournaments".

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
"Underground Smash tournaments"?

Good comeback after being beaten by the English language.

And the opinion of the majority of all Competitive fighting game players (that don't play DoA). It's terrible when compared to other games. The fact the CGS has had it more than once shows how n00b they are.

Which would be a lie.

Very mature of you to use terms like "Melee baby".

Our "opinions" are actually largely facts recited to refute your opinions... of BS. One can clearly be wrong.

* You're wrong on what the term "hand to hand" means, as your opinion does not have the power to change the English language.
* You're wrong on Ken having an infinite in all SF games since he doesn't have one in any of them.
* You're wrong on that DoA isn't a ****ty game because of it's horribly flawed system, but at least this one's just your opinion, so I'll just call your opinion BS.
* You're wrong on that we use many stages that are random and that hurt you randomly in Melee.

I could go on, but that'd force me to re-read your posts (and that would be painful). These were off the top of my head.
Your going to keep attacking me right lolz...well while I could hurt your feelings I'm going to be the bigger person and stay silent - but you can go on if you want..... I'd prefer you do lolz - I'm not staying silent because I don't have a comeback but because I'd rather not shoot post back and forth with you because regardless of what I say your going to attack me especially this post....lolz.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

everything else fine lolz...
Sucks being called out on your ****, doesn't it? I'll ask again: If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to the discussion at hand, please leave. I don't think any of the people here give a **** about fallacious claims to mastery in a mystical, magical Underground Smash Circuit or this wealth that you probably graft from your parents.

People like you piss me off to no end. Age a few years, get outta High School, and then we'll ****ing talk. 'S why I hate being in a forum with teenagers.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*offers criminal a cookie*
Here it makes the anger go away.

Just ignore him, I don't know why you waste your time on someone who is obviously a fool.
Yeah, you're right.

*takes a ferocious bite out of the cookie, crumbs trailing to the floor.*

These cookies are ****ing delicious.

Smooth Criminal

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Sucks being called out on your ****, doesn't it? I'll ask again: If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to the discussion at hand, please leave. I don't think any of the people here give a **** about fallacious claims to mastery in a mystical, magical Underground Smash Circuit or this wealth that you probably graft from your parents.

People like you piss me off to no end. Age a few years, get outta High School, and then we'll ****ing talk. 'S why I hate being in a forum with teenagers.

Smooth Criminal
My parents are dead so therefore no money from them and when they were alive wern't rich or even middle class they were just scratching t survive....second another Assuming *** and high school??? been there done that!!!...lolz

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your going to keep attacking me right lolz...well while I could hurt your feelings I'm going to be the bigger person and stay silent - but you can go on if you want..... I'd prefer you do lolz - I'm not staying silent because I don't have a comeback but because I'd rather not shoot post back and forth with you because regardless of what I say your going to attack me especially this post....lolz.
Bring it, Mr. Undergound--MM-Master-lolz-Hand-2-hand-haz-no-weaponz-lolz-DoA-is-good-lolz-
Ken-has-an-infinite-no-wait-just-easily-abused-and-comboed-move-lolz

How old are you, Smoothie?

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Bring it, Mr. Undergound--MM-Master-lolz-Hand-2-hand-haz-no-weaponz-lolz-DoA-is-good--lolz-Ken-has-an-infinite-no-wait-just-easily-abused-and-comboed-move-lolz.

How old are you, Smoothie?
Look I dropped it so could you plz thanks....LOLZ

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Twenty-two, Yuna. Yes, I know that doesn't make me that much older than most of the people that post here on the SWF. But still, it's the mindset that gnaws at my patience.

*SIGH.*

Smooth Criminal

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
mega-smash, I'm sorry you suck at smash and SF and you think DOA is a good game. CGS sucks and is a n00btacular tournament series hosted by a guy who just wants to make easy money off of advertisers that are too stupid to research which games/tournament formats are respected and used and which ones aren't, so please shut up.

also, I know enough about the Carolina's smash scene to call you out on lying about making so much money off of MMs at "Underground" tournaments. For one thing, every tournament hosted/advertised at this site is underground.

:edit:
it's also pretty obvious that the reason you're dropping this is cuz you got called out on so much BS and have absolutely nothing to back it up.

If you're so good and make so much money playing smash why don't you come up to NC on August 17th for MPJVI? I'll MM you there. If you don't know about that tournament, check the regional zones boards if you even know what those are.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
mega-smash, I'm sorry you suck at smash and SF and you think DOA is a good game. CGS sucks and is a n00btacular tournament series hosted by a guy who just wants to make easy money off of advertisers that are too stupid to research which games/tournament formats are respected and used and which ones aren't, so please shut up.

also, I know enough about the Carolina's smash scene to call you out on lying about making so much money off of MMs at "Underground" tournaments. For one thing, every tournament hosted/advertised at this site is underground.

:edit:
it's also pretty obvious that the reason you're dropping this is cuz you got called out on so much BS and have absolutely nothing to back it up.

If you're so good and make so much money playing smash why don't you come up to NC on August 17th for MPJVI? I'll MM you there. If you don't know about that tournament, check the regional zones boards if you even know what those are.
why are you attacking me when I just dropped the subject lolz - I'm serious ive never played you lolz

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Because people still attack me...why else?...
To improve your reputation, don't respond to every attack. To expand your knowledge, ask questions, and try to get them answered. To have fun, disagree with Yuna on something.:laugh:

But yea, the best way to be more respected is to make sure you only respond to people you can out-think. Whatever you do, only do it if it will make you sound more intelligent than saying nothing at all, if you care about how people perceive and respond to your posts.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Smooth Criminal, you hurt my feelings with your teenager comment. I'm only 17 =(

Yuna, thanks for dealing with him for me, the commute out of the city took too long so I missed my chances to berate this guy.

Is anybody else going to try this ****, or can we go home now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom