• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I've been really sick for the last few days, so I haven't really done much. Back to work now.
Same here. Soar throat and a fever. Also I had this wierd feeling where i really had to sneeze but i couldn't.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hm, my girlfriend was ailing from something similar to all your sicknesses...but she was up visiting me at college so...

Long story short, I have no idea why I'm not sick too >_>;;
-DD

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
I was out all weekend with fever. I just had fever until Monday when I cough the coughing, soar throat, and congestion combo. I think I just had the regular flu package.

Anyways, still excited. Someone finally made a Geno PSA thread. Going to go great with model hacking.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know about how many faces should be in stages? On Battlefield, about how many are made up by the platform, and how many are made up by the background? On stages with props (Arwings on Corneria, the limousine on New Pork City, etc.), are those models part of the stage, or are they loaded separately?

Oh, and I doubt many people but Pharrox know this, but where do the hitboxes for the stages come from? Are they derived directly from the model? Or is there a simpler model with no textures applied? I guess while I'm on the subject on things only Pharrox knows, what makes a ledge grabable or ungrabable, pass-throughable, tetherable?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully I'll get the beta people the program soon, but things have gotten really busy, so I probably won't be posting here as much.

As for stages, I honestly don't know. It's something I've wondered about, but I very rarely work with stages because of the fact that you have to work around compression to get them to work (and that's not worth the hassle). I may take a look at it tonight and post here if I find anything.

EDIT: Well after taking a brief look at it, my guess would be that some of the things mentioned would be stored in the STPM files, and that the rest are handled by other files similar to those used by PSA. I also found a new kind of brres subfile, which I just finished documenting. It won't be supported in early releases, so stages won't be possible (at least not easily).

HSX

Smash Rookie
Pharrox, did you check your E-Mail? I sent a request to be a beta tester a while ago (showed my stuff too) :( (In case you need to know, my E-Mail has "hypershadicx" in it.)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Pharrox, did you check your E-Mail? I sent a request to be a beta tester a while ago (showed my stuff too) :( (In case you need to know, my E-Mail has "hypershadicx" in it.)
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha. You're not even good enough to be my fake.

(My email has Hypershadic in it too. And I'm from Gmail)

HSX

Smash Rookie
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha. You're not even good enough to be my fake.
orly nao, cus I made Metal Sonic. >:U

(Not on my main computer so can't show it, but rest assured it's almost the same exact size as Sonic so it will work great. Once I get on my main I'll show it.)

(My email has Hypershadic in it too. And I'm from Gmail)
Hotmail. :3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
orly nao, cus I made Metal Sonic. >:U

(Not on my main computer so can't show it, but rest assured it's almost the same exact size as Sonic so it will work great. Once I get on my main I'll show it.)
Lololol. Mang, he quoted Shadow.

Lrn2SonicAdventure2.
-DD

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I haven't replied to any requests yet, and probably won't until I'm ready to hand it out. That email is not my main email, so it isn't a good way to contact me for anything else. I will go through it though before I hand anything out. Sorry for my lack of response.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Wow. So 3DS Max doesn't work on Vista apparently. They stated that.

Anyone else got any advice on a good modeling program to use? I've always wanted to try modeling and this could be a first step.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
That Metal Sonic is coming along nicely, but wasn't he silver when he debuted? Or was that Mecha Sonic? I can't keep up with the multitude of nearly-identical characters in the Sonic series. It'd be cool if the silver color was an alternate color.

Revven

FrankerZ
Nahh, Metal Sonic has always been a lighter blue than Sonic. The only metal Sonic that was legitimately silver was Silver Sonic, which was from Sonic 2 and only was a boss once rather than a recurring villain.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Nahh, Metal Sonic has always been a lighter blue than Sonic. The only metal Sonic that was legitimately silver was Silver Sonic, which was from Sonic 2 and only was a boss once rather than a recurring villain.
IIRC, Silver Sonic was a fan name for it since Sega of America gave us no name to refer to it as. In Japan, it and the Sonic bot in Sonic 3 were called Mecha Sonic.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
Just as a request could the guys who beta test post videos or pictures of theire in game results, whenever we get around to that actually happening? @ pharrox also I'm sure we would appreciate a pic or vid of watever model you managed to put in game, even if its nothing spectacular.

I'm mostly just hoping beta testers post stuff feel free to deny this request pharrox

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Just as a request could the guys who beta test post videos or pictures of theire in game results, whenever we get around to that actually happening? @ pharrox also I'm sure we would appreciate a pic or vid of watever model you managed to put in game, even if its nothing spectacular.

I'm mostly just hoping beta testers post stuff feel free to deny this request pharrox
Its a closed beta for a reason.
What VILE said. Pharrox already said that he didn't want to post a picture of his model because he didn't want the first model released to be something not completely awesome, unlike other things posted in the thread, just itching to get into the game.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
But can you the beta testers (who are they btw?) post their expirences with the program?

HSX

Smash Rookie
I don't think there are any beta testers ATM, unless some came up to pharrox beforehe got his model implanted.

If the first model isn't something spectacular then why not get someone to give you their model (*coughmecough* *shot*) and put THAT in the game? :U

That or make Galacta Knight, which shouldn't be too hard... I think. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom