• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: Melbourne Official Brawl 2010 Tournament Series 28th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
whats wrong with you all? we are talking about trash right? trash left in hired room, trashed room etc etc how is that not trash talk?
:laugh: Oh My God.
2010 is going to be a great year, we're off to a good start.

L0ki

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,
Sorry if my previous post seemed like I was blaming X for misdirecting blame or anything, it came from a state of confusion how we could be be blamed for leaving the room in a state we know we have never left it in. For the record I wasn't talking about Smashers who attend CW events, Zan and I personally clean up after you guys despite how messy you are, that's not a problem.
I obviously jumped to the conclusion that it must be a case of mistaken identity when in reality it's probably just the convent blowing something out of proportion.

Honestly I think this is a case of grumpy building managers not wanting to deal with large bags of trash after our respective events more than anything else.
X is right about the Convent managers not being willing to shoot blame at us in a direct way, as such we were never notified at any point that they were upset with anything we did with the room. This post was the first thing we'd heard about it, so apologies if my response seemed out of whack.

Anyway, Bata has called and talked to Jasmine about the room and they're more than willing to let us book for the rest of the year as well, given that we follow the cleanup requirements we usually do, so I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

On a completely related sidenote, Luke is a comic genius.

_X_

Smash Lord
Hey guys,
Sorry if my previous post seemed like I was blaming X for misdirecting blame or anything, it came from a state of confusion how we could be be blamed for leaving the room in a state we know we have never left it in. For the record I wasn't talking about Smashers who attend CW events, Zan and I personally clean up after you guys despite how messy you are, that's not a problem.
I obviously jumped to the conclusion that it must be a case of mistaken identity when in reality it's probably just the convent blowing something out of proportion.

Honestly I think this is a case of grumpy building managers not wanting to deal with large bags of trash after our respective events more than anything else.
X is right about the Convent managers not being willing to shoot blame at us in a direct way, as such we were never notified at any point that they were upset with anything we did with the room. This post was the first thing we'd heard about it, so apologies if my response seemed out of whack.

Anyway, Bata has called and talked to Jasmine about the room and they're more than willing to let us book for the rest of the year as well, given that we follow the cleanup requirements we usually do, so I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

On a completely related sidenote, Luke is a comic genius.
Thank god. They are actually reasonable!

Good work guys ^_^

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Just to put this matter to rest, X... what you've just said basically mirrors the type of feedback we've received since we started with the convent also, combined with compliments that we've been quiet and have worked perfectly well with weddings and nearby other events. We spend up to an hour packing up and clearing the place out most nights we're there so this seemed pretty random to us. The blame here comes down to Convent organisation, who should've contacted either group as soon as the cleaner complained to try to resolve the issue. Telling one group that another has been banned is so very rediculously unprofressional.

Anyway, Tim has sorted it out with the Convent manangement, and they are allowing us to book again. If anything like this happens again, please contact me on Cao (MSN/whatever) rather than posting it here like this on Smashboards. It doesn't really look good for anybody when it's really all just a trivial misunderstanding.

edit: Completely failed to notice Loki's post, beaten to it!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
check the second OP please everyone. ive updated the ruleset; its pretty freakin detailed. i tried to cover pretty much everything that has either come or potentially could come up.

please note also that myself and X will be experimenting with changes over the first few months. this year we have new time constraints which change things considerable, and we're also expecting the number of participants to continue to increase.

comments and queries are welcome. unreasonable anger and flaming are not. kgo.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I know brinstar's yucky for rob aswell, and some other chars like olimar n kirby. I hate brinstar too much x3

And now I just realized how far the end of February is =< (tourney is ages away, waaah)

Anyways, anyone up for n2c this Thursday? =3

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh and maybe Ill come to Melbourne.

I could get return flights now for $60 (combined).

Which Attila/Tibs/CAO household wants to house me on the saturday and sunday? :) (27th/28th)

[Probably a CAO one on Saturday because of a late flighttt~ :O?]

Holy **** ****, Happy Belated Birthday DAVID!!!!

Attila_

BRoomer
Oh and maybe Ill come to Melbourne.

I could get return flights now for $60 (combined).

Which Attila/Tibs/CAO household wants to house me on the saturday and sunday? :) (27th/28th)

[Probably a CAO one on Saturday because of a late flighttt~ :O?]

Holy **** ****, Happy Belated Birthday DAVID!!!!
ill be arriving back in melbourne on the 27th (most likely) myself. sorry bro, but some breathing space and family time will probably be called for.

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
check the second OP please everyone. ive updated the ruleset; its pretty freakin detailed. i tried to cover pretty much everything that has either come or potentially could come up.

please note also that myself and X will be experimenting with changes over the first few months. this year we have new time constraints which change things considerable, and we're also expecting the number of participants to continue to increase.

comments and queries are welcome. unreasonable anger and flaming are not. kgo.
They're fine up until you call them "ruels". :laugh:

_X_

Smash Lord
Convent ****

Jasmine Watterson Convent Lady said:
Hi Jesse,
Thanks for coming in last week to discuss your bookings for 2010 and
thank you for your patience with my delayed response. I have finally
been through the diary and noted the best suited availability for your
regular hire request.

As the Auditorium is a performing arts rehearsal space it does not come
equipped with tables. In 2009 we got our staff to move tables across for
similar bookings but we will not be able to continue this into 2010. If
you require tables I recommend you hire or provide your own. It is also
greatly appreciated when groups bring their own rubbish bags and remove
waste to the waste management area in the car park of gate two (see
attached map). The room should be left in a suitable condition for the
next users- at the standard it was found in or better.

The hire rate is $16.50 per hour.

All dates except for one date were available for the third Saturday of
the month from Jan-Nov 2010.
X said:
Thanks for your reply.

At the meeting I believe we discussed dates for February as well, is that still okay? It was Sunday the 28 of February.

$16.50 time ten hours would be $165. In 2009 we paid $110 for eight (albeit we stayed longer than that). During our meeting you mentioned that the hire fee would remain the same but any excess of the eight hours would $16.50 for every hour thereafter. Is that correct?

In the meeting you also mentioned that the staff couldn't manage the work-load of moving the tables from one location to auditorium. I then told you it would be no problem for our crew to do so and you said you would tell them that it would be an option.

Have your venue policies changed?

Thanks again,
Jesse
This is absolute crap. She pretty much lied to me during our little meeting.

Splice

Smash Hero
This is absolute crap. She pretty much lied to me during our little meeting.
Connor and Vermy don't get any tables either so you're likely out of luck.
Tables problem shouldn't be too bad though right?

Price rise is rather 'ugh' :urg:

C~Dog

Smash Champion
We had an agreement.

Personally I feel it's really unprofessional.
I talked to her today, and she said she is trying to find a way to get us tables, since there is three groups who need the same thing.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I might be incorrect, but I think CW provides its own tables when necessary. I'm not sure who is holding them. It was far nicer to not have to bring them to the Rosina.

It was already stated how unprofessional the Convent management is, but really, we've had it really good for a while considering the price; it could be far worse.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I might be incorrect, but I think CW provides its own tables when necessary. I'm not sure who is holding them. It was far nicer to not have to bring them to the Rosina.

It was already stated how unprofessional the Convent management is, but really, we've had it really good for a while considering the price; it could be far worse.
Funnily enough, one of the things Jasmine is considering is storage space for our tables if we were able to acquire them somehow.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, once I find out how many tables CW owns (if it has any), it could easily be stored at the Convent and used by all parties - until CW decides to leave the Convent, which it may plan to do.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Loving most of the rules A'. Also loving the making up to each other after yelling and such like stuff. X is one of the coolest guys going around no one forget that.

Just wondering that we are going to have single round sets in B bracket? That seems a little dodgy, but I guess if its that or get eliminated I'd love to play in the B bracket Lol.

On the topics of stages, really Pirate Ship should be banned, as water camping is pretty ridiculous on it.

Attila_

BRoomer
i am actually very disappointed in the convent, and would definitely advise all melbourne tourneys to start looking at other venues. until then we'll just have to grin and bear it, but id honestly prefer to not have to. whatever happened to that collingwood venue CW used once?

if we need to bring tables from somewhere, there is a tarago (van) at home that doesnt do anything, and i could play taxi if necessary.

@nix:

the b bracket isnt supposed to be a real tourney; its just something for people who dont make the bracket to do. it actually makes tourneys kinda fun and worthwhile for those who come regularly but dont seem to make brackets. and it stops those who play friendlies and hog tvs all day. to run it as a proper tourney in addition to our standard bracket would be impossible.

the legality of stages has already been discussed. we are allowing the three red stages for now, and will reaccess them after each tourney. while we reserve the right to, we have no intentions to change the stage list until at least after the first tourney. if you hate ps that much, ban it :)

Splice

Smash Hero
if you hate ps that much, ban it :)
Yeah, well said.

I mean, just ban any stage you don't like!
We can have Big Blue, Onett, New Pork City and 75m, If you don't want it to be legal just ban it in your set! Right?

lol
jks, but you get what I mean 'tila :lick:

Anyway on the topic (which is serious!) I always thought that even though unreliable, the price that you are being charged for the convent is very respectable, isn't that right?
Are you sure you can get so cheap at other venues, I'm not really up to date with this, just sayin'.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
hahah Sick so its like an alternative to just sitting around not playing right? Thats good as A'. I don't mind the 3 red stages, as a matter of fact I'm happy with extending the stage list anymore. I just think (lol after seeing meteor's craziness with ness on that stage) that it shouldn't be legal. Hell I wouldn't even ban it in a set. Hate Frigate and japes so much more Lol.

But overall B bracket sounds like a great addition for all the scrubs like me who can't make it out of pools.

Edit: Even though it isn't a problem here. I especially like the rule about ledgegrabs. That is necessary for any competitive ruleset. =)
Also Splice, can we have big blue anyway... CAPTAIN FALCON RAWKS.

Afropony

Smash Lord
i am actually very disappointed in the convent, and would definitely advise all melbourne tourneys to start looking at other venues. until then we'll just have to grin and bear it, but id honestly prefer to not have to. whatever happened to that collingwood venue CW used once?
That venue would probably be to small for 40+ people.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
uh.... we fit that amount or more then that in the CW ranbat we had there, it was only used once due to the cost of booking it =/

Attila_

BRoomer
just a question... how would people feel about coming down chadstone way for a tournament? i might have a different venue worth looking into... but before i do, do people think they could do it?

That venue would probably be to small for 40+ people.
not true. CW ran stigma hybrid, sf4 and a bunch of other fighters AT THE SAME TIME. the venue caters for way more than 40 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom