• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - KMYM 2: Drunk Zeton VS Drunk Future - Nov 13! Ft. Lain, Atomsk, you? Oh yeah!

Cook

Smash Master
@David: Maybe, who knows???

I wanna actually DO a side tournament first, though. I think I've only ever been to ONE tournament where a side tournament actually happened.

Wait, no, I've been to two. But still. THEY NEVER HAPPEN!

napZzz

Smash Hero
minnesota isn't going, cash issues

I haven't had good experiences with smoking+drinking....

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Failsauce but then again no one expected MN to do much @ this tournament anyways?

Inb4****talk

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Put me on the confirmation list, you *******s.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
so was Melee ever confirmed for this, more of Nebraska said they would come, and that's probably easier to swing than B-.

Cook

Smash Master
Guys, I've been thinking that Dave's Stupid Rule is stupid, so I want to replace it for this tournament with Cook's Less Stupid Rule: in best of 3 sets, players CAN counterpick to a stage they have already won on. This is because the stage they won on earlier is a neutral that they went to after stage-striking, so the opponent already had the opportunity to strike nearly half of the neutrals so I don't see how it would be unfair to play on that neutral again. You ARE limited in best of 5 matches, though. You can't go back to a COUNTERPICK (meaning a stage that was not the neutral you started on) stage that YOU chose and WON on. Ok, say me and Fino are in Loser's Finals (lol). If the neutral we go to is Battlefield, then I can use that as my first cp, even if I won on it as the starter. However, if I DO cp it and I win, I can't use it as my second cp. BUT, if I use it as my first cp and FINO wins, then I can use it as my second cp. Does this make sense to people? Does it seem like it would cause all kinds of problems?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Guys, I've been thinking that Dave's Stupid Rule is stupid, so I want to replace it for this tournament with Cook's Less Stupid Rule: in best of 3 sets, players CAN counterpick to a stage they have already won on. This is because the stage they won on earlier is a neutral that they went to after stage-striking, so the opponent already had the opportunity to strike nearly half of the neutrals so I don't see how it would be unfair to play on that neutral again. You ARE limited in best of 5 matches, though. You can't go back to a COUNTERPICK (meaning a stage that was not the neutral you started on) stage that YOU chose and WON on. Ok, say me and Fino are in Loser's Finals (lol). If the neutral we go to is Battlefield, then I can use that as my first cp, even if I won on it as the starter. However, if I DO cp it and I win, I can't use it as my second cp. BUT, if I use it as my first cp and FINO wins, then I can use it as my second cp. Does this make sense to people? Does it seem like it would cause all kinds of problems?
It seems like a fine rule to me, and overall, I think it makes more sense tha Dave's stupid rule. I've always felt there was something off about an opponent having ample oppurtunities to strike a stage but not being about to CP back to that neutral if you won there but lost game two.
Glad you clarrified about the best of 5 though, because you DEFINITELY should not be able to CP back to a couterpick stage that wasn't a neutral, IMO.
You might want some support from those attending before you for sure change the rule, though. Just an FYI.
It's definitely interesting, and I agree with it overall.

Cook

Smash Master
Also, if I tell you to play on a setup then play on it or you'll be disqualified. I don't care if you want to play on the setup where they're recording videos or whatever.

Cook

Smash Master
Mr. Doom is disqualified for questioning my strictness. He will be starting out in loser's bracket now.

Nicole

Smash Champion
4rce you are already on the attending list ;)

daves stupid rule is stupid, so i definitely think cooks less stupid rule is better and we should try it out.

Top Bottom