• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - KMYM 2: Drunk Zeton VS Drunk Future - Nov 13! Ft. Lain, Atomsk, you? Oh yeah!

Nicole

Smash Champion
disclaimer: The tiny town of Kahoka is a hicktown. This does not mean it won't be the funnest tournament you'll ever go to (that isn't apex or genesis or something). Kahoka is not representative of most of Missouri, which is a nice place, I think. This is just a cautionary tale so that everyone knows what to expect!

*ahem*

: KMYM2 :
Kahoka Me Your Moves II

Featuring such great events as...
Alcohol Drinking Championships! Featherweight edition: Zeton VS Future
Beer Pong Side Tournament to Follow Regular Tournament!

A Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (if there's enough interest)
Going To Steve's Family Diner!

VENUE ADDRESS:
C.A.R.E. Building
451 North Vine St.
Kahoka, MO 63445

It will be as awesome as this picture!

So..

RULES (shamelessly stolen from SLAST)

SSBB

• This tournament will be a "Double Elimination." If you lose in the Winners' Bracket, you will be sent to the Losers' Bracket, and you will have to play many more sets in order to advance to Grand Finals. If you lose in the Losers' Bracket, it's GAME OVER for you
  • Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with an 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • Set format (In Order of Procedure) as follows:
  • For Game 1 of each set, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages. (*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match)
  • All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects. That also includes epic knees that freeze the game.
  • By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible (but that's highly unlikely), and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.
  • The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
    2 Minutes Late: Warning
    4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
    6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
  • People who advance to Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals must not be late, for they are ALSO subjected to this DQ rule.
  • The Mike Haze rule: No shouting at the opponent to intentionally disrupt his/her concentration on the game. You do it, and you'll be disqualified. I know you guys like to be all hype and stuff, but people really need to concentrate.

Specific rules

King DeDeDe's Chaingrab: You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal. You can do Wall infinites only until your opponent's damage exceeds 150%.

Ice Climber's Chaingrab: You can chain grab in place only until your opponent is at 300%. Exceeding 300% is an act of STALLING.

Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Planking, however, is a perfect example. If I see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, don't gay.

Edge Grab Limit Rule

This is a new thing instituted by the MLG rule-set. Players are allowed to grab the edge a TOTAL of 35 times PER MATCH (assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose that game. If both players exceed the limit by a single edge grab, the game ends in a DRAW and it will be replayed. This is only if players run the clock to time.

Stages

Starters:

Yoshi's
Pokemon 1
Smashville
Battlefield
Lylat

CP:
Halberd
Castle Seige
FD
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate
Delfino

Banned: Everything else.

MELEE RULES!

General

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, except for winner's/loser's/grand finals, which are best of 5
4 stock, 8 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items off
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

Stages

Neutral stages for Singles:

* FD
* Yoshis
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Fountain of Dreams
* Pokemon Stadium
* DK64

Neutral stages for Doubles:

* FD
* Yoshis
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick stages for singles:

* All neutrals
* Mute City
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* or any other stage that both players agree on.

Counterpick stages for doubles:

* All neutrals
* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise

Other

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are
allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using
them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as
droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

Beer Pong Rules: :awesome:
1. Every cup must have alcohol in it!
2. Double elimination bracket!
3. When one player makes a cup, the team whose cup was just made must NOT touch the cup until BOTH players from the opposing team have shot!
4. If both partners on a team make each of their shots, they will get balls back, and will get to shoot again.
5. If both partners on a team make each of their shots IN THE SAME CUP, they will get balls back and will get to shoot again, and THREE CUPS must be removed from the opposing team.
6. NBA Jam Rules!
{ If you make a cup your first turn, cool. If you make a cup your second turn, you are "heating up." You must SAY ALOUD "heating up" after you make the second consecutive shot. If you make a cup your third turn (and call ON FIRE aloud) you are "ON FIRE" and you may shoot until you miss.)
7. Airball Rules!
{ In order to make the games progress faster, if you throw an airball (you don't hit cups or table) you must drink one of your own cups as though the other team had made a shot. Does not apply when you are down to one cup).
8. Behind the Back Rule!
{ If you have taken a shot, but missed, and the ball is still on the table, you may try to recover it. If you recover it before the other team knocks it away/takes it, you may face away from the table and throw the ball. NO hookshots. This is worth one cup.)
9. Bounce shots are worth TWO CUPS. You may bounce the ball off the table into a cup. A ball bouncing off a cup into a different cup is still only worth one cup.
10. NO INTERFERING WITH THE SHOT IN ANY WAY. The first interference results in a re-shot. All other interferences result in loss of one cup. This includes "blowing" and "fingering." Those are gay.
11. Psych-outs are allowed as long as the cups remain visible. Being super annoying and lame will result in less people liking you.

SETUPS NEEDED!! People that want to come needed!
NO HOUSING NEEDED! The venue has free housing for all.

Nicole

Smash Champion
EVERYONE THAT IS COMING!!!

MISSOURI:
Nicole
Cook
METALMUSICMAN
Future aka Chance the Flared Stallion
The Great Legan
Tmacc aka Bro-Black
Jowii
Radium
Hylian
Twilight Prince aka Top-heavy Prostitute aka T.P.
Four Rice <3
Fuujin
Dj Ike?
Fwog?
Kemoroo?
Milk?
Saffy?

KANSAS:

Zeton
Domo
Holms
Mr. Doom
Clel
MJG
Fino
Ares
Inferno?
Steeler?
Affinity?

IOWA:
Who even knows?

MINNESOTA:

Moe
Dark Disciple
Nappy?
Breezy?
Triple R?

NEBRASKA:
MegaRobMan
Trent
Game genie
Thugz
Tyser

FAMOUS COOL SMASHERS THAT WE ALL THINK ARE NEAT:

Atomsk aka Desi the Orca
Lain
Eggz + some other west coast cats?

People that are bringing setups:
****ING NOBODY!
(but we need them)
Please volunteer!
It will be the coolest thing you'll ever do!

Dnyce

Smash Master
(this venue is booked for every weekend in september. fortunately, that means that every person in kahoka will be done renting it out for the rest of the year. we will probably do this the last weekend of august. it may need to be the third weekend of august. WE WILL SEE! let me know what's good for everyone.)
[/SIZE]
*facepalm*

... okay .-.

Last weekend of August is MLG Raleigh, just fyi

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Oh my god Kahoka. roffle mow. Hype hype hype. Also yeah, don't make it the last weekend in August, because that's MLG Raleigh.

You should make this say "Brawl" in front of it in blue, you nooblette :p

Cook

Smash Master
Well, when should we try to do this then, guys? The venue is all booked for September and Rauleen's tournament is in October. Seems kinda short notice to do it any earlier in August. I guess the 21st might work, but only if the venue people get back to me soon enough about whether that weekend is available. Does MLG Raleigh really matter, though? I mean, is anyone from KSIAMO even going to it? If the 28th or 21st of August don't work then the only options are to do it in November or for us to try to find a different venue, probably in Columbia, and probably much less fun.

Nicole

Smash Champion
well a couple people are most definitely going to mlg raleigh, i assume.

although i can only think of fino...

but still, it would be gay to make anyone from the circuit miss an event because they want to go to mlg instead. mlg is a little more important.

Dnyce

Smash Master
or for us to try to find a different venue, probably in Columbia, and probably much less fun.
=D
well a couple people are most definitely going to mlg raleigh, i assume.

although i can only think of fino...

but still, it would be gay to make anyone from the circuit miss an event because they want to go to mlg instead. mlg is a little more important.
:3

//name search

Teh Future

Smash Master
do 21st of august then.

its more than two weeks and thats when people decide when they want to go to tournaments anyways lol.

Also if people already are renting it out then just be liek yeah you should do this another day LOL. pretty sure that might actually work in ****ing kahoka.

Cook

Smash Master
Well, the weekend of the 21st is open. Seems like a fine date to me, especially since there is no IA event. Is that date a problem for anyone?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Location?

<sgljhfb

Tmacc

Smash Lord
God, I've heard so much about Kahoka...lolz.
The 21st works for me. So does the last weekend of August. So it's whatever everyone else needs.
But I agree, we should avoid conflict with the MLG date if possible.
If you guys need any help with anything, let me know, I'd be down.

*subscribed*

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I know Hylian and I aren't going to MLG Raleigh (We want to go to DC and of course Dallas). I think 21st would work for me and it would work since there is no circuit set for August and this could take its place. Maybe IA can work something in September?

-Rauleen (muaahahahhahaa I have editing powers now)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Rauleen, you might want to let Hylian know that if people see you posting on his account enough it could have some ****ty backlash.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
rofl @ thread title

Haven't gotten the chance to witness Drunk Future, but I don't know if he can handle Drunk Zeton

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm fine with the 21st either way, but I doubt Iowa could make it on short notice. They can barely find ways to get anywhere with a lot of notice.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Rauleen, you might want to let Hylian know that if people see you posting on his account enough it could have some ****ty backlash.
I was/always am sitting behind her when she posts on my account. It is fine, she usually just posts on mine when I'm checking smashboards so I don't have to log out etc.

Thanks though.

Radium88

Smash Lord
lol i have only used his account like 2 or 3 times. and he is ALWAYS behind me.......kiiiiinda creepy.

edit: <3 @ hylian

also, i would never do anything like that on his account without
him knowing.

anyways, i seriously hope there is some sort of after party thing. hyyypppeee

Cook

Smash Master
There can't NOT be an after party.

And notice doesn't REALLY matter with IA, it's just whether their rides fall through at the last minute or not. :psycho:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Is this actually going to be in Kahoka this time? Because if so, **** that. But if it's in St Louis or something, we might try to make it.

<3

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I'm probably unable to attend this if it's on the 21st of August. I have to be at the UMKC Student Union for some freshman inauguration thing or something; have to go meet my Dean and Professors. Bleh.

Is it possible at all for the date to be pushed into the next month? I know I talked to Fino about pushing the Championships to January. Maybe it'd be possible to move this event to another month; I know MJG and I both move in to our dorms on the 20th and 21st and Kahoka is just a long way out of our way to do both.

Thanks in advance.

Cook

Smash Master
Well, the venue is all booked for September. So for it to be in September it would have to be somewhere else, like Columbia or St. Louis. It would be dumb to do it in St. Louis, since that's when the October one is. As for Columbia, well that means finding some sort of cheap venue. Maybe we could get a room at Mizzou. Housing would also be limited to just me and Nicole's place, but that might not be a problem because I guess St. Louis people could just drive in from St. Louis and Wichita people could stay in KC and drive in. It also means we don't all get to hang out for two solid days! :psycho: So I dunno, I'll look around a little I guess. Although it's only like 4 hours from KC to Kahoka, so you might be able to hit the tournament and move in in the same weekend! Depends on how much gay stuff your school makes you do.

In other news, I need a teammate for this! Me and my partner got 4th at the last one, so I'm not SO bad!

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Well, the venue is all booked for September. So for it to be in September it would have to be somewhere else, like Columbia or St. Louis. It would be dumb to do it in St. Louis, since that's when the October one is. As for Columbia, well that means finding some sort of cheap venue. Maybe we could get a room at Mizzou. Housing would also be limited to just me and Nicole's place, but that might not be a problem because I guess St. Louis people could just drive in from St. Louis and Wichita people could stay in KC and drive in. It also means we don't all get to hang out for two solid days! :psycho: So I dunno, I'll look around a little I guess. Although it's only like 4 hours from KC to Kahoka, so you might be able to hit the tournament and move in in the same weekend! Depends on how much gay stuff your school makes you do.
Hmm. Well, I can move in on the 20th and the meeting the Dean thing isn't until the 22nd. BUT, I HAVE to be back on campus by 1:00pm. I was planning on riding with Fino to most of these events, so I guess I'll talk to him about it.

In other news, I need a teammate for this! Me and my partner got 4th at the last one, so I'm not SO bad!
I'll need a partner too Cook. I doubt Ratman can make it.
Cameron, you're really bad at asking.

Cook

Smash Master
I'll need a partner too Cook. I doubt Ratman can make it.
Hmm, certainly an offer I'll consider.

Hmm. Well, I can move in on the 20th and the meeting the Dean thing isn't until the 22nd. BUT, I HAVE to be back on campus by 1:00pm. I was planning on riding with Fino to most of these events, so I guess I'll talk to him about it.
That may or may not work for you, depending on how we schedule things. But I'm sure we can squeeze everything in on Saturday if need be, since we can be done as late as we want, so it should be just fine.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I meant those who have cars.
Yeah, as one of said people who can provide rides, I would want the date changed if at all possible. I'm driving to GnG the 14th and would rather not take road trips on two consecutive weeks-- plus, I'm pretty sure it's better for all the (remaining) Iowa brawlers.

Top Bottom