• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is dying in FL... Lets kill it and resurrect melee, who's with me?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Monk used to play Gunz...

Anyways,... I'm not sure I'd go to a Melee tournament. We'll see though... I wasn't that great in the first place, and I haven't picked it up in the longest time... I could re-learn though.

HunterSFL

Smash Rookie
Gigs ***** the pot because smash tournaments cost them a business day. They're not gonna lose money just so they can watch a bunch of kids play smash.
Obviously. It's just poor choice because essentially what they're doing is having a $5 door fee and then a $5 entry fee that goes into the pot. But they should actually word it that way because then it doesn't sound nearly as bad as saying that 1st place gets 50% (or less) of the pot.

Linguini

Smash Master
yep brawl is getting smaller, lets hit it while its down!
at least im doing my part by hosting a my melee tourney.

Joe, are you coming, you betta

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Well, I got the owner of GameBreakers to buy tube TV and people still don't want to come for Brawl. I guess it's probably only going to be Madden, FPS', and Soul Calibur from now on...

also, if you don't know what gunz is.

here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxUou7bW85A

now learn to play.

watch in high qual
Hahaha. I used to play Gunz when it came out a few years back. Good fvcking times.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I just agree with what Matt said. It's rare that I go to a fighting game tournament (a real fighting game), and they're only holding ONE game.

Maybe it's because the 2D fighting game community isn't full of *******.

pridy

:]
i would actually love to play melee as long as i know where to get STRATS for falco

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
I just agree with what Matt said. It's rare that I go to a fighting game tournament (a real fighting game), and they're only holding ONE game.

Technically Brawl is a 2D fighter with 3d graphics like SF4.

For whatever reason, Brawl tourneys take too long and hosts would rather have them finished then host two tourneys. Orlando venues still suck and there's apparently no gaming club at UCF in order to get a venue.

Also MM in Custom Robo.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Igunz I was The_Monk3121
Ijji I was MHB¿

I hate Monk...the guy is trash...

also you don't want to play me in Gunz...I'm the guy that invented running...and I can't Kstyle anymore
aw, i just came out of gunz.
i mstyle, mstyle > kstyle.

and, as for brawl...
it's just slowly getting where it can get to.
it's not necissarilly dying, what is dying is that nintendo no longer has controller sin production in the usa.
the only gamecube controllers still being made are the white onesin japan.
think about it, once controllers become scarce, in a few years of course, how the hell is melee going to live?

nintendo always cuts sh;t short, and i don't think brawl is a very bad game, just extremely watered down and easier for the casual player.
give it a year, and it'll surface at dual tournaments with melee and brawl together.

it's the only way to really keep both of them truly at it's best.
at least, in my opinion.

edit: on a side note, brawl is kind of boring to watch, so thus with a dual tournament, melee/brawl, it's always good to watch melee. :D

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Monk is still trash...and I've beat tons of MStylers...It's all about brain power
it's all about flinching more or less,

first and second slashes with a sword out of the entire 4 in succession make you flinch,

so i abuse that. that's what beats anyone, get in close for a first slash, and unleash the combos. :lick:

Leh

Smash Ace

This.

And Ben, when people say 2D fighters, they usually are refering to the health bars/corner/nopercent stuff...
Not necessarily that its only 2d.

Leh

Smash Ace
Instead of killing brawl, there should just be brawl/melee tourneys.

Finch

Smash Lord
The reason there isn't more than one game at smash tournaments is because there aren't any other fighting games like smash, not necessarily because the community is ignorant. It is ignorant about other fighters but let's be fair, people who play other fighters are equally ignorant about smash.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I agree with the hosting Brawl/Melee tourneys thing.

Wish I could play Melee, but I don't have time to play with you guys most of the time so I wouldn't be able to practice much. :laugh:

I'll gladly take the title for best FL Roy though. ;)

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
lets be real brawl is fun but it really is melee for dummies.......melee was exciting because there was as much technical skill involved as there were mindgames.....shiz was the best melee player in fl because he had amazing technical skills, you seriously can hardly keep up with the guy......meanwhile in brawl seibrick is one of the best players in fl bc he can grab you throw you down run foward and grab you again....there is no comparing the two games and if melee comes back into style im all for it....

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
Well it looks like ppl in SFL will move back to CFL lol cuz miami is where its at all brawl all the time with some melee

Leh

Smash Ace
The reason there isn't more than one game at smash tournaments is because there aren't any other fighting games like smash, not necessarily because the community is ignorant. It is ignorant about other fighters but let's be fair, people who play other fighters are equally ignorant about smash.
Thats a completely horrible reason....
In every other community, not even fighting games (Including Halo 1/2, all the fvckin Counterstrike...Call of Duty2/4), every community has had 2 games running competitions at the same time and been fine with it.

SMASH is the only exception BECAUSE they are ignorant, and NOT because its "a different game".

Toneh

Smash Lord
In every other community, not even fighting games (Including Halo 1/2, all the fvckin Counterstrike...Call of Duty2/4), every community has had 2 games running competitions at the same time and been fine with it.

SMASH is the only exception BECAUSE they are ignorant, and NOT because its "a different game".
yep, ppl play counter-strike 1.6 and cs source right now, just preference.
Nowadays people just play the game they like and are cool with both of em

FlatSoda

Smash Champion

2 games or more, and mattfro is completely correct.
but the whole different game thing leads to being ignorant.

because smash is a different style, thus ignorance jumps in without even thinking about the game's sole style.

PnT has 8 TV's, 4 for melee, 4 for brawl would be exceptional.
anyone who knows what goes down at pnt knows that not all tv's are being used at the same time. and i'm pretty sure anyone who has played brawl must've touched melee, so two games are better than one. regardless of which is better.

i guess you can factor that a lot of SFL is lazy into it, it can't be that ridiculously hard to run two or more things at once. brawl isn't going to die, that's like asking nintendo to stop selling more than 360/ps3 combined. and they're still doing it ;), Melle will NEVER die, and heck, 64 is still played.

TL;DR: SFL needs to stop being lazy host common dated tourneys, with more than just smash.

Leh

Smash Ace
When Nexus starts holding tournaments, im sure we will do both Brawl + Melee.
Plus any other fighting games, since the scene for guilty gear is pretty big near us (i think...atleast alotta of people go to ZP)

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I like this Venezuelan guy, more melee...

"Melee More Plzzzz"....is the last thing we will probably hear from him ever lol

Top Bottom