• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Information Compendium & Social

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Sweetspotting means grabbing the ledge.
Autosweetspoting means you use a recovery move to sweetspot the ledge, allowing you to sweetspot from farther.
Notice that some recovery moves don't have autosweetspot (see DDD's up B), some have a limited autosweetspot (like Wario's up B or Luigi's side B) and some have an instant autosweetspot (Marth's up B or Falcon's side B).

So in that case, this should be possible for snake when you blow yourself up?
Technically yes. But you'd have to be ultra precise on your knockback/DI.

Sharky

Smash Master
Sweetspotting means grabbing the ledge.
Autosweetspoting means you use a recovery move to sweetspot the ledge, allowing you to sweetspot from farther.
Notice that some recovery moves don't have autosweetspot (see DDD's up B), some have a limited autosweetspot (like Wario's up B or Luigi's side B) and some have an instant autosweetspot (Marth's up B or Falcon's side B).

Technically yes. But you'd have to be ultra precise on your knockback/DI.
no. Sweetspotting is a term that goes back to the melee days, meaning you recover in such a fashion that you don't break the horizontal plane of the stage level, so you can't get hit by some attack on the stage.

kishin, go to the marth boards, I'm sure they have done some work on the matter, as it can help them in a big way.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well I just checked the definition and I stand corrected.
Actually it's the contrary of what I said, sweetspoting being using a recovery move to grab the ledge, and autosweetspoting the fact that in Brawl characters can sweetspot without recovery moves.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Well I just checked the definition and I stand corrected.
Actually it's the contrary of what I said, sweetspoting being using a recovery move to grab the ledge, and autosweetspoting the fact that in Brawl characters can sweetspot without recovery moves.
The hell? No, Sharky is right. Autosweetspotting is the fact that characters can sweetspot the ledge at almost any point in their recovery move, thus taking out the entire technical aspect of sweetspotting that was present in Melee and Smash 64.

Exalted

Smash Lord
Yo, can anyone check if Ganon's Dthrow with inwards DI -> SH Uair -> Jump + Uair -> Uair from 0% is unescapable?
You stand at the edge of the stage facing the ledge, btw.
If something needs explaining then ask me for details.

Thanks in advance!

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Can anyone lead me to where I can a thread on the lengths and speeds of grabs (i.e. fastest grabs, slowest pivot grabs, etc...)?

Thanks in advance.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Does anyone have any information/data on the diminishing returns on walljumps?

IE when you walljump between two walls repeatedly and it gets harder and loses distance the longer you keep doing so.

OH and.. to all the EU players... are there any differences between the US version and the PAL version?

just wondering.

I heard it from a friend but he doesn't seem too knowledgable on the subject

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Like... up and forward? Or back? Or down and forward? Or back?

While moving in a certain direction?

It's incredibly inconsistent and I don't get it.

:[

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when c stick is set to tilts you can do a nuetral air by moving the c stick in any of the 4 diagonals. i would assume the concept applys to be moves as well.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
i don't play Sonic, but i do play Fox, Falco, Mario, Diddy and Lucas.. And I've read that they're all characters black people play, i just find it a hilarious coincidence.. it's like ken's peach theory.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well you have to realise that compared to other fighting games smash has a very high concentration of black people. so theres gonna be black people playing every character lol.

falco is the only one that really carries the stereotype. doctor mario in melee too.

Jane

Smash Hero
lol, theres two notable ICs in melee. robbles and fly

also, theres a surprising amount of black olis haha

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Anyone know where I can find the "Guide to watching/analyzing Brawl videos Competitively" thread? I want to quote some bits of it in something I'm working on.

It's kinda old lol

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Are you able to fastfall in the tumble animation?

for example lets say... I got like say uthrow'd at an early % by snake.

during the tumble animation can I fastfall before doing an airdodge so I can get to the ground faster?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Just do them simultaneously, or use the C-stick if it helps you. There's no real trick to it other than practice.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
So what is the issue with some TV's causing delay or something like that I remember hearing about it but it hasn't been a deal for me until now.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
The End of All Smash Brawl HDTV Lag Debates

That should be the thread you are looking for. Remember to use the search function.

In short, the Wii runs on 480p. If you are using a TV with anything higher than that, the TV needs to upconvert the stuff and that makes it lag.

Personally I don't really get it either. I play on a HDTV and I don't feel a thing.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Got a quick question, just cuz I was curious... Are both Jigglypuff's downB and Luigi's upB's sweetspot transcendent? Do they 'out-prioritize' other hitboxes like Falco's laser does, and MK's sword as well? Is there any way to find out?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Jiggs has invincibility frames so nothing will cancel it but I guess it can still clash.
And I'm not sure for Luigi's, but it must be related to how low the initial hitbox is (at foot level).

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Got a quick question, just cuz I was curious... Are both Jigglypuff's downB and Luigi's upB's sweetspot transcendent? Do they 'out-prioritize' other hitboxes like Falco's laser does, and MK's sword as well? Is there any way to find out?
If they are transcendent like the examples you listed, they don't out-prioritize other hitboxes, they don't interact at all.

That being said, I'm not sure if either of those moves are transcendent, but it's likely.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If they are transcendent like the examples you listed, they don't out-prioritize other hitboxes, they don't interact at all.
Yeah, that's what I meant. By transcendent and out-prioritizing, I meant that they don't clank or clash with anything. My mistake.

Jiggs' is pretty much impossible to find out cuz of her invincibility frames, but Luigi's... Too bad next time I'm able to play I'll forget all about this curiosity and not find out. :embarrass:

Sliq

Smash Master
well you have to realise that compared to other fighting games smash has a very high concentration of black people. so theres gonna be black people playing every character lol.

falco is the only one that really carries the stereotype. doctor mario in melee too.
Tekken says hi.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol @ tekken being a relavant fighting game.

as a black man I can also say that that explains why tekken is so stupid and ignorant.

Top Bottom