• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Hacking Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
Is adding new bones to a Model possible? Ex: Adding an entirely new bone to a character's head?
Also, can .mdl0 files be made from scratch?
bones can't be added unless your using a model injector

yes i suppose you could make models from scratch, but that would be extremely difficult unless your using a professional program like maya

I mean the Press Start screen.
i'm sure thats possible. i would just have no idea how. try asking in the texture thread maybe.

i had to ask cuz the wii menu version would require iso hacking

shadowlinks99

Smash Rookie
NOO! I tried disabling my CSS and SSS, but still freezes!

And once again, if this is needed, my brother runs his SD on brawl through gecko 1.9.2, with the same codeset as me, and no freezes. As a last-ditch attempt. can some one please PM me their SD card directory, (like just copy paste everything in your sd minus textures and psa's. If I put it on and it freezes, I am quitting brawl.:chuckle::chuckle:

Sorry, can't say that with a straight face.:chuckle:

EDIT: Oh, and no, I didn't back it up . And can save installer back it up? or is it the extractor? but anyway, no, i didn't back it up.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
bones can't be added unless your using a model injector

yes i suppose you could make models from scratch, but that would be extremely difficult unless your using a professional program like maya

i'm sure thats possible. i would just have no idea how. try asking in the texture thread maybe.

i had to ask cuz the wii menu version would require iso hacking
Maya, eh?

I shall look that up...

Model injector?

shadowlinks99

Smash Rookie
NOO! I tried disabling my CSS and SSS, but still freezes!

And once again, if this is needed, my brother runs his SD on brawl through gecko 1.9.2, with the same codeset as me, and no freezes. As a last-ditch attempt. can some one please PM me their SD card directory, (like just copy paste everything in your sd minus textures and psa's. If I put it on and it freezes, I am quitting brawl.:chuckle::chuckle:

Sorry, can't say that with a straight face.:chuckle:

EDIT: Oh, and no, I didn't back it up . And can save installer back it up? or is it the extractor? but anyway, no, i didn't back it up.
I actually think I worded that wrong. If anyone here could, please create a .rar or actually just a folder with the contents of your sd, minus all textures,PSA's, and additional stuff, (like the apps folder, and stuff that is not required.) pm me a link to the download, if you could. If you do,you will get a couple things:

1) Youll be my bestest friend
B)I will shoot all noobs in the universe (You know you want me to)
and 4) I will finally stop posting in this thread.

SO PRETTY PLEASE

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
a model injector is something pharrox was working on to inject new models into the game. I think he got it to work...
Has there been a video of that success?

The only think I found searching Youtube was a Phoenix Wright animation that was attempting to mimic a brawl moveset...

lol @ "Everyone wants his final smash to be OBJECTION!"

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
don't look up maya unless you have an extra 800 - 1000$ in your pocket

a model injector is something pharrox was working on to inject new models into the game. I think he got it to work...
0.0 Jeez. All that for a Model Maker?

Also, someone PLEASE help me move ZSS's Ponytail. I'm changing Rotation and Translation, and even when I get the bones in the right place, all that I get is a weird stretchy effect.

codfish92

Smash Ace
And for music I presume?
that is correct

Has there been a video of that success?

The only think I found searching Youtube was a Phoenix Wright animation that was attempting to mimic a brawl moveset...

lol @ "Everyone wants his final smash to be OBJECTION!"
like i said i think they got it to work. I believe waliugi aslo uses it. not sure though

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully someone can help me here since the other thread i posted is dead. I am having trouble trying to play as alloys. I have the CSS that make them appear, but when I select them they're just C falcon, Zelda, or whoever they originally are. The CSS I'm using is this one:

Custom CSS V3 - Maestro26 - This Needs a Better Name WITH ALLOYS [spunit262]
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900d8 00000008
2c170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 0000002d
4a000108 2306070a
4e02090e 1b201613
10121a0d 0f5d291f
25172615 0c145e03
0b111827 4005245c
04192122 46000000

Custom Random V1 - Maestro26 - This Needs a Better Name WITH ALLOYS [spunit262]
06685824 0000000C
3C608068 7C630214
88630E80 00000000
046857F0 3AE00028
06680E80 00000028
00010823 06070a02
090e1b20 16131012
1a0d0f5d 1f251726
150c145e 030b1118
2705245c 04192122

I have no idea what other codes I need on. The following codes give me a black screen on start up or freezes at gecko.

-Alloys don't wreck my music
-Giga and company engine

The current Codes I have on are:

-file patch 3.5.1
-Unrestricted pause/replay camera
-Replays longer than 3 min
-The CSS mentioned above
-Tags in replays
-Infinite replays
-Custom Default settings
-Alternate File Loader
-New Pork is WWR
-Alloys have victory poses

So if anyone can help me out, or tell me what's wrong it would be greatly appreciated!

D

Deleted member

I'm having trouble finding out how to set up CSP's for each character. I download each character's .tga and .pcs but no portraits work. My textures are working perfectly though.

Also no threads with any CSP guide =(

camzy

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble finding out how to set up CSP's for each character. I download each character's .tga and .pcs but no portraits work. My textures are working perfectly though.

Also no threads with any CSP guide =(
You need to CUPASH a CSP.

I find it isn't worth it. Quite some trouble and the result is sometimes not great.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but...

Whenever I pressed Battlefield on the My Music menu, there was a freeze, so I used the My Music reset. While that fixed the problem, I can't change the percentages from the default percentage. How can I change them?
Sorry for being pushy, bt can someone help me with this? Can I simply just remove the code?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
So when your My Music is corrupted, you only need the code once and then you can remove it and it still won't freeze?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I have Gecko OS, Code Manager, Homebrew Channel, and two textures - Gold Suit - for both Samus and SZeroSuit. Exactly what Code Manager codes do I need? I've tried several variations of these codes:

Costume Replacement
File Patch Code v3.5.1
CSS Fixes for Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik
File Replacement v1.1
Dynamic Loader v1.0
Sd Files

but nothing works.

If it helps, this is my first time texture hacking on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Also, if there is any rule I've unwittingly broken, I apologize.

codfish92

Smash Ace
I have Gecko OS, Code Manager, Homebrew Channel, and two textures - Gold Suit - for both Samus and SZeroSuit. Exactly what Code Manager codes do I need? I've tried several variations of these codes:

Costume Replacement
File Patch Code v3.5.1
CSS Fixes for Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik
File Replacement v1.1
Dynamic Loader v1.0
Sd Files

but nothing works.

If it helps, this is my first time texture hacking on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Also, if there is any rule I've unwittingly broken, I apologize.
you only need the file patch code v3.5.1. the other codes are not needed and can actually conflict with other codes causing freezing. if the you have file patch 3.5.1 on and still no textures, i would do the following checks.

1. make sure you have an SD card and not an SDHC card. any card over 2 gigs is not going to work with textures, music, stage textures, and psa files.
2. make sure the directories are named correctly. consult the texture data base thread for more info.
3. make sure the texture file are named properly. i would go with FitSamusXX.pcs(or .pac) or FitZerosuitxx.pcs(or .pac). xx is the costume id.
4. make sure you have both versions of the texture file. .pac's and .pcs's are both required if your using Samus and or ZSS.

That should be all you need.

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to make codes so that, when you press the L trigger, it does Utilt, and if you're shielding with R and you hold down L, it tilts your shield up.

If anyone would make these codes for me or direct me to someone who would, I'd be so thankful.

Edit: Also, I got this texture from Kitty Corp, http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h...os Brawl/Snapshots/Hacked/MetaKnight-1-05.jpg

(Download link here: http://www.mediafire.com/?rngzkmmwzot )

(Main page here http://kittycorpgallery.wordpress.com/index/meta-knight/ )

And when I put it it in, it doesn't load, could someone test it and see if it works for them?

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
this probably applies to alot of people. and has been asked before. but when you get a new game and put it in (sonic and the black knight) and it asks for a wii system update. now, my guess is that it updates through the disk rather than through the internet. (my wii IS connected though). is my homebrew wii safe? should i disconnect the internet? should i use a work around with homebrew?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Either that, or StartPatch, so you never get it again, and can continue loading the game through the Disc Channel w/out updates

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Also, I got this texture from Kitty Corp, http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h...os Brawl/Snapshots/Hacked/MetaKnight-1-05.jpg

(Download link here: http://www.mediafire.com/?rngzkmmwzot )

(Main page here http://kittycorpgallery.wordpress.com/index/meta-knight/ )

And when I put it it in, it doesn't load, could someone test it and see if it works for them?
The texture worked fine for me. It replaces the goldy/yellow metaknight suit.

Make sure you put all the files in Private-wii-app-RSBX (X being the letter of the region, pal is P, not sure what ntsc is)-pf-fighter-metaknight.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Don't know if this is the right thread for it but...

I just bought Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers and the Wii requires a system update before I can play it, even though I am already at 4.2U.
could this potentially delete my Homebrew channel?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if this is the right thread for it but...

I just bought Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers and the Wii requires a system update before I can play it, even though I am already at 4.2U.
could this potentially delete my Homebrew channel?
Even though it was answered two posts before you, I'll repeat myself. If you don't want to update, load through Gecko.
Or as BionicSonic said,

"Either that, or StartPatch, so you never get it again, and can continue loading the game through the Disc Channel w/out updates"

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
I have B+ 5.0 and it seems to be frequently crashing when I'm on the stage select screen. Does this happen to anyone else? Or is there a way to fix it? It happens about every 3 or 4 matches

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
you only need the file patch code v3.5.1. the other codes are not needed and can actually conflict with other codes causing freezing. if the you have file patch 3.5.1 on and still no textures, i would do the following checks.

1. make sure you have an SD card and not an SDHC card. any card over 2 gigs is not going to work with textures, music, stage textures, and psa files.
2. make sure the directories are named correctly. consult the texture data base thread for more info.
3. make sure the texture file are named properly. i would go with FitSamusXX.pcs(or .pac) or FitZerosuitxx.pcs(or .pac). xx is the costume id.
4. make sure you have both versions of the texture file. .pac's and .pcs's are both required if your using Samus and or ZSS.

That should be all you need.
Thanks. It works now. I've used basic cheating with Game Shark and Action Replay for the GCN and NDS, but I have never hacked before, so this is a rather....confusing process.

humble

Smash Ace
Copypasta'd from the texture database because I got no response, someone please help;

Well I am going to be beginning texture hacking tomorrow as soon as I get access to my PC, today I went out and bought a USB SD card reader. To start, is this guide up to date? I think brawlbox replaces several of the programs mentioned, but I'm not sure exactly which; any things I should know before I start? Oh, and last question, is it possible to change the shape of the eye on a character?

This is the guide I am talking about: http://brawlhacks.wikia.com/wiki/The...s_Guide_(Part1)

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I'm searching for the download link for Gold Zero Suit Samus. No, not the one with the Playboy stickers, but rather the sunshine yellow Zero Suit. Brawlhacks has a picture of it, but when I follow the link, it leads to a gallery that doesn't have it.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

Also, I have the Gold Suit already.

XxHennersXx

Smash Cadet
for the title screen patch, sc_title.pac do I just place it in the menu2 folder? It's not working right if thats the case :|

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
@Henners - you might have it in the wrong menu2 folder because there are 2 of them.

The RSBE/pf/menu2 folder is for the character select screen. But the title screen goes in RSBE/pfmenu2

So you should just have to place the sc_title.pac in private/wii/APP/RSBE/pfmenu2

You might have to make the pfmenu2 folder if you don't already have it.

XxHennersXx

Smash Cadet
@Henners - you might have it in the wrong menu2 folder because there are 2 of them.

The RSBE/pf/menu2 folder is for the character select screen. But the title screen goes in RSBE/pfmenu2

So you should just have to place the sc_title.pac in private/wii/APP/RSBE/pfmenu2

You might have to make the pfmenu2 folder if you don't already have it.
thanks, i got it working now. :)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Desynching problems

So, the short of it is... I desync when I play online.

I know most of the common causes:

No-Trip Code: Don't have it.

Standalone Characters (Zss, Pokemon, Sheik): Don't have them. Got the regular ol' CSS

Brawl+ codes being on: Never even had it

BBrawl codes being on: I had BBrawl at one time, but bc it "re-boots" the game via the custom stage menu (and my wii is incredibly finicky about reading brawl) I removed it. There are no traces of it left in any folder. IIRC, I reformatted my card since then.

Also, another kicker is that I sent a friend of mine a copy of *MY* gct file, and he doesn't have this problem.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Edit: Also, it does it when my SD card is NOT inserted. I won't re-load brawl, but the SD card isn't inserted so there is no stage/character textures present.
Editx2: I even tried to play with the guy who I sent my gct to, and we still desynced.
Editx3: I thought it was something wacky with the music I have on various stages, and so I played on stages that I haven't touched in the least... either with textures OR music. Same deal.

codfish92

Smash Ace
So, the short of it is... I desync when I play online.

I know most of the common causes:

No-Trip Code: Don't have it.

Standalone Characters (Zss, Pokemon, Sheik): Don't have them. Got the regular ol' CSS

Brawl+ codes being on: Never even had it

BBrawl codes being on: I had BBrawl at one time, but bc it "re-boots" the game via the custom stage menu (and my wii is incredibly finicky about reading brawl) I removed it. There are no traces of it left in any folder. IIRC, I reformatted my card since then.

Also, another kicker is that I sent a friend of mine a copy of *MY* gct file, and he doesn't have this problem.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Edit: Also, it does it when my SD card is NOT inserted. I won't re-load brawl, but the SD card isn't inserted so there is no stage/character textures present.
Editx2: I even tried to play with the guy who I sent my gct to, and we still desynced.
Editx3: I thought it was something wacky with the music I have on various stages, and so I played on stages that I haven't touched in the least... either with textures OR music. Same deal.
are you loading the codes in a different way than your friend?
also make sure you absolutely no psa files on.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
are you loading the codes in a different way than your friend?
also make sure you absolutely no psa files on.
We're both loading through SD card, if that's what you are asking (as opposed to him through USB and me through SD)

And no, no PSAs at all. I do have effect textures (diff colored slashes, etc) though- but that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom