• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Hacking Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
No! In fact you're fine. As I'm about to say to Rubberbandman, the most common problem is it's an SDHC (>3GB) and won't work, but you're good.

What codes do you have enabled in your GCT?
Great! Should tell you one more thing: It's a Wii specific one, so It has the words "Wii" On it; Just in case that means anything.

So far, I've only used the Orcarina Code Manager to add in the File Replacement Code (3.5.1) - Don't have any other GCT's/Codes/Etc's enabled, and I'm not quite sure what you mean by GCT's there.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
The "Abridged" Version of this is:
Basically, I have already Homebrewed my Wii and everything and went through all that jazz. The only code I have is the file replacement code. I currently however have found out that I can only work Stage Texture Changes. Yes, I'm sure I have everything in the right directories/files/folders/whatever.

Furthermore on the stage texture changes, I can't pick SSE Stages. If I do, It freezes up my wii. I tried one that had a texture hack and even redownlaoded it. Still doesn't work.

So I need help on finding out what I'm doing wrong:
-Getting my music files to work
-Getting Character Texture Hacks to work
-Getting SSE Stages that are already made available as a working stage to work.

Some support on what else could be wrong or a code that would help would be much appreciated, as I can't seem to find any flaw and have checked over my SD Card numerous times.

edit: One of my friends has the same problem, so I'm positive It's not the directories that's causing it. He can only work Stage Hacks as well.
Check your card. I don't think it's compatible. The problems you've listed are problems that come up with incompatible SDs.

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
I'm having troubles loading music with the File Replacement 3. 5. 1 code. Most songs I've downloaded work, however an odd few end up entering a strange garblish mess of sound during a random, but always the same, point in the song. The files always play correctly (and loop correctly) with winamp, it's only when I put them in game that they glitch. Could this be due to the code, or the file? File size doesn't seem to matter either with the issue, so any help or related experiences would be greatly appreciated.
I'm using USB Loader (7.9? the last ocarina compatible ver for brawl) and a 1GB SD card. Thanks in advance.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but...

Whenever I pressed Battlefield on the My Music menu, there was a freeze, so I used the My Music reset. While that fixed the problem, I can't change the percentages from the default percentage. How can I change them?

XxHennersXx

Smash Cadet
I'm still new and I can NOT find anywhere a list of the shortened names for stuff. I figured out eventually CSP is character select portrait, but what about the portrait by the % during game play? And how do I edit those? It seems most people don't even pay attention to them so there isn't a lot of information on how to do it.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hi everyone. I hope I'm not breaking the MLG rules by asking this, but I guess this is the appropriate thread, since it involves hacking support... anyway...

I've read up on Wii Menu v4.2 and I really want to avoid getting it... but... at the moment, Im on 3.4. Is there anyway to upgrade to 4.0 without getting 4.2? I have a homebrew app (waninkoko) that would allow me to get 4.0, but I was wondering if, since it must connect to the internet, I would actually be recieving 4.2? I'm missing out on the SD Card menu :(

Hey I have a question about the unrestricted camera c

When I zoom in, the zooming would slow down and by the time the camera got close enough, it would shake wildly (btw Im using this code):

Unrestricted pause camera [Link]
040A9424 4E800020
0410B4E0 38800001

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone. I hope I'm not breaking the MLG rules by asking this, but I guess this is the appropriate thread, since it involves hacking support... anyway...

I've read up on Wii Menu v4.2 and I really want to avoid getting it... but... at the moment, Im on 3.4. Is there anyway to upgrade to 4.0 without getting 4.2? I have a homebrew app (waninkoko) that would allow me to get 4.0, but I was wondering if, since it must connect to the internet, I would actually be recieving 4.2? I'm missing out on the SD Card menu :(
Update to 4.2. Just don't do it through the update system. There are instructions for updating in a stickied thread.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
Uh, the card still works on Stage Textures. How does the card have to be for one that works? Because all I see is "SD Card" On the list of what's needed.
i think he means to make sure you have a SD card and not a SDHC card. but if you have stage textures, you have to have a regular SD card.

i would suggest double checking your directories and making sure the music files and Character textures are named properly. a character texture is FitCharacternamexx.pcs or .pac (example: FitMario00.pcs, remember the first letter of the character is capitalized.) sorry if you already knew that but thats all i can come up with given your problem.

btw, GCT is the file the codes are on.

@JoeGrandma: after you have used the my music reset code, just take off the code in your .gct. the problem will be fixed and you should be able to change the music %

@Beserker01: that just happens because the game still thinks your zooming in on a 2D plane. the code will never be fixed(if it has a problem in it at all). if you want to zoom in on a certain area more than the game will let you, your just gonna have to move the camera in a certain fashion to move in on it.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
i think he means to make sure you have a SD card and not a SDHC card. but if you have stage textures, you have to have a regular SD card.

i would suggest double checking your directories and making sure the music files and Character textures are named properly. a character texture is FitCharacternamexx.pcs or .pac (example: FitMario00.pcs, remember the first letter of the character is capitalized.) sorry if you already knew that but thats all i can come up with given your problem.
Actually, it isn't case sensitive. fitmario00 will work just the same as FitMario00. It's more important that the directories are correct.

private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/

Make sure you have the correct folder names for the characters.

All of this is in the stickied texture thread in the first post.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Update to 4.2. Just don't do it through the update system. There are instructions for updating in a stickied thread.
oik thanks, I wasnt sure if i would lose some of my custom channels but I'll just go to the thread then.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
So, I got a new SD card, everything was in order, and the music worked, but now I can go to brawl or the game freezes, any reason why or suggestions to fix it?

codfish92

Smash Ace
So, I got a new SD card, everything was in order, and the music worked, but now I can go to brawl or the game freezes, any reason why or suggestions to fix it?
where exactly do you go when it freezes?
if you try to use custom textures on 1 player modes with textures that don't have pacs, they sometimes freeze.

if it freezes on a certain stage, use a my music reset code to fix that.

some PSA edits can cause freezes as well

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Its standard Brawl.

I dont have and custom textures at all.

As soon as I click on Brawl, the Screen freezes and my musics stops and a screeching sound starts.

EDIT: Nevermind. I think I fixed the problem. I believe my .pac files for a CSS messed up.

shadowlinks99

Smash Rookie
Well, I tried doing the my music reset codes, (Check page 79 for the problem i'm having) and it STILL wont load! And just because I think that I have worded it wrong. The game freezes whenever i put the cursor over the stage, not just selecting it. Please help!

some-guy

Smash Apprentice
I need some help with PSA, I tried out Phoenix Mario and he has trails of fire when he runs and I can't figure out how to make the other characters have them too. >.<

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking to Change ZSS's Neutral B. Instead of the Paralyzer gun, she'll fire a weaker version of Lucas' PK Fire. Is this possible? I'm pretty sure it is, and if so, can someone help me?

I've been playing around with Smash Attacks for about 6 hours straight, now.

As well, how could I give her a Sexkick? Can I just use Samus' Sexkick? Or is there a problem with that?

EDIT: I would also like to know if it's possible to spawn the stick for the hammer, but not the head of the hammer, and if so, can I give it a hitbox?

*is loving PSA right now*

codfish92

Smash Ace
Well, I tried doing the my music reset codes, (Check page 79 for the problem i'm having) and it STILL wont load! And just because I think that I have worded it wrong. The game freezes whenever i put the cursor over the stage, not just selecting it. Please help!
do you have any custom textures on the stage?

are you using PSA hacks?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Hello Hello guys, i am requesting is a Custom Stage Select Screen, what i am wanting is something like the code below which is tier organised up to date, but with Pokemon Trainer as an option instead of Random if thats possible:

Updated Tier List CSS [spunit262 and SalaComMander]
0668310C 00000040
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800020 2C050029
40A10008 38A00028
94A30004 3B7B0001
2C1B0032 4180FFDC
48000028 60000000
04690338 48000068
066900d8 00000008
2c170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000028
16261513 1A1F1112
08181022 06200424
17010D09 0725270F
0C0E1C1D 1E211900
0B050323 0A021429

Thats the code but as you will see Random is on there, and i would like Random to be taken off that and Pokemon Trainer to be up where his pokemon are, would this be possible for soem1 to do for me?

Owa5489

Smash Cadet
Hey guys... I'm very new at this stuff and I'm seeking out some help that may be basic to others.

I currently have a few hacked textures for many characters, but it started freezing when I put in some ZSS and Peach costumes. I removed both, and it seemed fine, but then my game started freezing again, usually at the end of the battle or when I select my characters.

Is there any tips anyone can give me to better myself at brawl hacking?

Also, why are most textures (all from Mediafire) downloading as .txt files?

And is it recommended to throw .pac files in just to be safe? Even if the character isn't listed as needing it? I'm unsure why .pac files are even available outside of Bowser, ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, etc...

codfish92

Smash Ace
Hey guys... I'm very new at this stuff and I'm seeking out some help that may be basic to others.

I currently have a few hacked textures for many characters, but it started freezing when I put in some ZSS and Peach costumes. I removed both, and it seemed fine, but then my game started freezing again, usually at the end of the battle or when I select my characters.

Is there any tips anyone can give me to better myself at brawl hacking?

Also, why are most textures (all from Mediafire) downloading as .txt files?

And is it recommended to throw .pac files in just to be safe? Even if the character isn't listed as needing it? I'm unsure why .pac files are even available outside of Bowser, ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, etc...
you only need the .pac if your using a transforming character or you are using textures in single player. pacs are needed for transforming characters because .pac are quicker to load, and therefore don't cause the transformation to take like 10 seconds instead of only 4 seconds.

try re downloading the peach and Zss textures and putting them back on. (some psa files can also cause trouble)

for the .txt textures, could you perhaps link us to one that gives you .txt files?

Owa5489

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the feedback.

I just figured it out, it's Safari that's doing it. When I use a different browser, they're downloading just fine. Does that mean I can remove .txt from the file name and it'll be fine? That I'll figure out another day.

But just to be clear, without pac files, I cannot use my costumes in say... All Star Mode?

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the feedback.

I just figured it out, it's Safari that's doing it. When I use a different browser, they're downloading just fine. Does that mean I can remove .txt from the file name and it'll be fine? That I'll figure out another day.

But just to be clear, without pac files, I cannot use my costumes in say... All Star Mode?
Correct. You can't use textures over WiFi either even if both players have identical costumes replacing identical characters.

shadowlinks99

Smash Rookie
do you have any custom textures on the stage?

are you using PSA hacks?
Well, I was using both, but my brother told me I should wipe all PSA's, Character Textures, and Stage Textures, and then I should defrag my SD. I did, but still NOTHING! It keeps freezing!

Hey, When I use a Character Modifier Code for Player 4 to enable Giga Bowser, the camera stays at one place, how will I fix this? I just got Eldiran's Giga Bowser PSA and I really want to try it out :/

I use this code:

Giga Bowser (P4)
4A000000 90181034
10000098 0000002C
E0000000 80008000

XxHennersXx

Smash Cadet
Is it possible without ISO hacking to change the title screen logo? I want my brawl+ to say Brawl+

humble

Smash Ace
Okay I want to edit my RSBE file but I am using a mac. I tried to open it using Textedit but it just spat this out a bunch of unintelligible characters. What application can I use to edit my RSBE?

codfish92

Smash Ace
In that case, any gct files I can download that'll help?
not really, you kinda have to make them your self. it not that hard though, i think there's a tutorial on the first page of the code q+a thread

what region of Brawl are you using? NSTC-U, PAL, NSTC-J?

Well, I was using both, but my brother told me I should wipe all PSA's, Character Textures, and Stage Textures, and then I should defrag my SD. I did, but still NOTHING! It keeps freezing!
did you back up your data using the save game installer b4 you did anything with codes?

if not, i would see if running the game through the game channel still causes freezing. if it does, it's the game data, if not, its some code you have on. try taking off any custom CSS's and SSS's you have on. they can cause freezing sometimes

Hey, When I use a Character Modifier Code for Player 4 to enable Giga Bowser, the camera stays at one place, how will I fix this? I just got Eldiran's Giga Bowser PSA and I really want to try it out :/

I use this code:

Giga Bowser (P4)
4A000000 90181034
10000098 0000002C
E0000000 80008000
i dunno what you mean by camera won't move, but i'll try using the code. gonna make a new code set anyway.

edit: i used the code, and my camera moved. it must be some other code you have on.

Is it possible without ISO hacking to change the title screen logo? I want my brawl+ to say Brawl+
By title screen do you mean the view of the game b4 you start the channel(your still in the wii menu) or when it asks you to press start?

I need some help with PSA, I tried out Phoenix Mario and he has trails of fire when he runs and I can't figure out how to make the other characters have them too. >.<
i would try asking in a thread regarding psa applications.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Is adding new bones to a Model possible? Ex: Adding an entirely new bone to a character's head?
Also, can .mdl0 files be made from scratch?

shadowlinks99

Smash Rookie
did you back up your data using the save game installer b4 you did anything with codes?

if not, i would see if running the game through the game channel still causes freezing. if it does, it's the game data, if not, its some code you have on. try taking off any custom CSS's and SSS's you have on. they can cause freezing sometimes
Thanks, your mah last help, boi. If this works, I'll give you 20internetcookies. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom