• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl, Evolving into melee?

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
bear in mind people that the hacks need tweaking. this takes time. they'll get it right soon.

5ive

Smash Champion
I think the purpose of this project is to make Brawl a better competitive game in it's own right, not make it more like melee.

Just like Brawl and Melee, Brawl+ and Melee shouldn't be compared.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
also. to all you people saying go back and play melee. hitstun, no tripping (wavedash not so much), were a part of the previous smash games!! except now this new game brawl has new characters and balance changes and music and stages and graphics. jesus why is that so hard to understand. melee had like 7 clones. falco, ganon, luigi??, dr mario, roy, young link and.... pichu?? we want a new game. new mechanics.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
I think the purpose of this project is to make Brawl a better competitive game in it's own right, not make it more like melee.

OFT

10brawl+

Zjiin

Smash Master
also. to all you people saying go back and play melee. hitstun, no tripping (wavedash not so much), were a part of the previous smash games!! except now this new game brawl has new characters and balance changes and music and stages and graphics. jesus why is that so hard to understand. melee had like 7 clones. falco, ganon, luigi??, dr mario, roy, young link and.... pichu?? we want a new game. new mechanics.
Who's "we" ? All i see are people who joined the boards in '08 around the time brawl came out. You love to talk about both games, when in fact you don't know nearly enough to qualify you to do so. Stop pretending you know where the 64/melee competitive scene is coming from when you're only someone who joined in at the last chapter and is pretending to have read the whole book.

Adding characters, levels, music and graphics doesn't mean squat when the debate is about quality over quantity. Also, l o l @ "balance changes". **** scrubs.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
People need to understand this rule:

Brawl, hacked or not, will never surpass Melee in terms of competitiveness.

Reaver197

Smash Lord

I love how people declare that the two games "shouldn't be compared". Why not? You just can't. It breaks one of those strange, unknowable laws of the universe or something.

Seriously, you can't just by fiat, with no reason at all, declare that the games can not be compared. Being games from within the very same series, not only just the same genre, people have the complete right, and I believe are obligated to, compare the two.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
Who's "we" ? All i see are people who joined the boards in '08 around the time brawl came out. You love to talk about both games, when in fact you don't know nearly enough to qualify you to do so. Stop pretending you know where the 64/melee competitive scene is coming from when you're only someone who joined in at the last chapter and is pretending to have read the whole book.

Adding characters, levels, music and graphics doesn't mean squat when the debate is about quality over quantity. Also, l o l @ "balance changes". **** scrubs.
im sorry. ive been playing smash since 1999. albeit casually. however i played nearly everyday. discovered z-canceling on my own. basically got better and better and independently developed the same sort of fighting style people in 64 play with now. i admit, i played melee like twice because i never owned a gamecube, so no, i wont know all the advanced techniques. i dont even own brawl but have played it since U.S. release cuz some dude at college leaves it downstairs for everyone to play (been stolen a month ago now though lol).

you don't know nearly enough about peoples background to make assumptions on where they are at in terms of skill and knowledge. you are full of arrogance and just assume all 08'ers are noobs (most are, yes). i didn't find this site due to brawl fanboyism (saw it mentioned on a youtube vid comment for a 64 vid). in fact, brawl bores me. i find a after a few matches i cant be ****ed because they just get pretty crap and slow.

anyway. im sayin, people want the things brawl has and add things that it lacks. you idiot, there have been balance changes across the board. characters nerfed and buffed.

anyway, yes the debate is about quality. and the hackers are trying give brawl some. its (hacking barlw)still in its infancy so don't just dismiss it. far out.

EDIT: Actually, i dont know what you are talking about when you say lol @ balance chnages. wtf. what is so funny about that

Zjiin

Smash Master
im sorry. ive been playing smash since 1999. albeit casually. however i played nearly everyday. discovered z-canceling on my own. basically got better and better and independently developed the same sort of fighting style people in 64 play with now. i admit, i played melee like twice because i never owned a gamecube, so no, i wont know all the advanced techniques. i dont even own brawl but have played it since U.S. release cuz some dude at college leaves it downstairs for everyone to play (been stolen a month ago now though lol).

you don't know nearly enough about peoples background to make assumptions on where they are at in terms of skill and knowledge. you are full of arrogance and just assume all 08'ers are noobs (most are, yes). i didn't find this site due to brawl fanboyism (saw it mentioned on a youtube vid comment for a 64 vid). in fact, brawl bores me. i find a after a few matches i cant be ****ed because they just get pretty crap and slow.

anyway. im sayin, people want the things brawl has and add things that it lacks. you idiot, there have been balance changes across the board. characters nerfed and buffed.

anyway, yes the debate is about quality. and the hackers are trying give brawl some. its (hacking barlw)still in its infancy so don't just dismiss it. far out.

EDIT: Actually, i dont know what you are talking about when you say lol @ balance chnages. wtf. what is so funny about that
I can clearly make accurate assumptions, just as i rightly did so when assuming you know very little about the competitive community. You played 64 "causally" since 1999? That means nothing. That gives you absolutely no credentials to pass advice onto a competitive gaming community. I don't assume all '08ers are noobs, only the ones who like to make up facts in their posts. In order for characters to be nerfed and buffed, it would mean that nintendo would have wanted Brawl to remain a competitive game, thus having a measuring system to gauge each character by. Nintendo did not do that at all. Balancing Brawl from Melee would have meant using the same mechanics and tweaking the game, but Sakurai clearly stated that this was supposed to be a non-competitive game, which means there was no balance system.

i don't even know why you are in this forum, You never played Melee, so you have no idea how to compare the two systems of fighting. It's impossible to not have bias for brawl since you don't know what made melee work so well.

Please do not contribute to a serious discussion when you don't have the knowledge to add anything of value.

Fletch

Smash Master

First off, learn to capitalize the first letters of your sentences, or people are going to ignore your posts. As far as the idea of "balance" that Zjiin was getting at, I believe he meant that the game was designed casually with no real idea of balance in mind. Sure, balance has changed quite a bit, but I think most people would agree that Melee is quite a bit more balanced than Brawl (not saying Melee is super balanced here). I mean, look at MK and the call for his ban already. Sure, balance might have "changed", but I believe it wasn't changed in a positive way, and even if it was, it sure wasn't done so intentionally.

EDIT: Zjiin beat me to it.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
I can clearly make accurate assumptions, just as i rightly did so when assuming you know very little about the competitive community. You played 64 "causally" since 1999? That means nothing. That gives you absolutely no credentials to pass advice onto a competitive gaming community. I don't assume all '08ers are noobs, only the ones who like to make up facts in their posts. In order for characters to be nerfed and buffed, it would mean that nintendo would have wanted Brawl to remain a competitive game, thus having a measuring system to gauge each character by. Nintendo did not do that at all. Balancing Brawl from Melee would have meant using the same mechanics and tweaking the game, but Sakurai clearly stated that this was supposed to be a non-competitive game, which means there was no balance system.

i don't even know why you are in this forum, You never played Melee, so you have no idea how to compare the two systems of fighting. It's impossible to not have bias for brawl since you don't know what made melee work so well.

Please do not contribute to a serious discussion when you don't have the knowledge to add anything of value.
I contributed in this thread saying that some people dont want to just play melee, then I get you jumping down my throat saying I don't know ****. Playing casually does not mean I'm ****. I have to say, I'm pretty **** good. Obviously I wouldn't be competitive because I'm not playing for competition. However, I'm of comparable skill to people who do play competitively and I **** on kaillera if lag is good to me(however everyone seems pretty **** altogether).

I never said I never played melee, lrn2read. I never passed advice to the competitive community again, I WAS TELLING THE PEOPLE THAT KEEP SAYING 'JUST PLAY MELEE' THE REASONS FOR HACKING!!! OMG! Way to overreact dude. You are so full of yourself. Nintendo does nerf and buff as it sees fit, but ultimately they do fail, yes, I recognise that.

Once again, if you had actually read my post instead of reading it through your screen of disdain for 08'ers you wouldn't have such a hissy fit over what I said.

I made my contribution to the thread on another matter and I get this. Just stfu dude.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
loooooooooooooooooooooool
where else can one ****. yeh kaillera has lag. comps are predictable. humans that still play 64 and are actually good (no i dont mean kirby fmash noobs) are hard to come by (or dont come by at all). and yes, i realise isai can wipe the floor with me. im not that good. jesus. you people are very annoying and sceptical that noone can be good without finding these forums. no im, not saying im good based on nothing. i make comparisons based on vids, noobs and isai.

EDIT: When i said im not that good, i mean compared to isai. i say this b4 i get some moron quoting that saying i contradicted my self because they cant grasp the basic concepts of the english language.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
Yes it does. You said earlier that you can't even reverse SHL.
Also, playing casually also does not mean i play mindlessly. i space, time, combo, approach well etc. ive practiced all these for 9 long ****ing years. I took this game seriously.

Fletch

Smash Master
Also, playing casually also does not mean i play mindlessly. i space, time, combo, approach well etc. ive practiced all these for 9 long ****ing years. I took this game seriously.
Don't triple post. A lot of people play "casually" for a long time and think they're amazing at the game. Truth is, it doesn't happen that way. Lots of people will tell you stories about how they played casually and considered themselves awesome, then either found this site or went to a tournament and learned just how bad they were. Trust me, I was one of them when I first joined.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
Don't triple post. A lot of people play "casually" for a long time and think they're amazing at the game. Truth is, it doesn't happen that way. Lots of people will tell you stories about how they played casually and considered themselves awesome, then either found this site or went to a tournament and learned just how bad they were. Trust me, I was one of them when I first joined.
Apologies about the triple post. I just kept forgetting to quote the other dudes.

Yeh, I know what you mean. I thought I was awesome in that I never lost to anyone. back then I was kirby and used fmash as my main move, and dodge to get around. Eventually my game just developed as i tried new stuff out. Yeah, I already said. I actually compare myself to good people (not noobs, or the comp) I see on youtube in matches and combo vids and think, 'yeh I do that all the time, so what' or 'wow' (only when watching isai's more elaborate combos.)

Truth is I can't prove how good I am (unless u vs me on kaillera, but I live in australia so it probably has craploads of lag). But I when I started watchin pro vids on youtube of 64 smash. It was essentially the same style as I use. I don't just mindlessly jump in and try and attack like I'm sure some of you think I would do. I see noobs (my friends and some others) that have the game, and I proceed to 6 stock them (yes, i combo okay!?!?). so no, im not crap at all. I will vs u if I can. I can't believe Ive had to defend myself in this thread when I was initially posting reasons as to why people want to hack brawl. WHAT THE ****!!

Zjiin

Smash Master
I contributed in this thread saying that some people dont want to just play melee, then I get you jumping down my throat saying I don't know ****. Playing casually does not mean I'm ****. I have to say, I'm pretty **** good. Obviously I wouldn't be competitive because I'm not playing for competition. However, I'm of comparable skill to people who do play competitively and I **** on kaillera if lag is good to me(however everyone seems pretty **** altogether).

I never said I never played melee, lrn2read. I never passed advice to the competitive community again, I WAS TELLING THE PEOPLE THAT KEEP SAYING 'JUST PLAY MELEE' THE REASONS FOR HACKING!!! OMG! Way to overreact dude. You are so full of yourself. Nintendo does nerf and buff as it sees fit, but ultimately they do fail, yes, I recognise that.

Once again, if you had actually read my post instead of reading it through your screen of disdain for 08'ers you wouldn't have such a hissy fit over what I said.

I made my contribution to the thread on another matter and I get this. Just stfu dude.
Jumping down your throat? I'm just stating facts that you supplied me. I'm not overreacting, i'm just tellign you plain and simple. I'm sure you were were a good player with your friends, and the best in your basement, which is fine for a casual gamer. I'm just saying that to the competitve player, you are not good. You also said you played melee, "like twice" which means you practically never played it. Also, for the final time, Nintendo didn't fail at nerfing and buffing becasue they would have to attempt to do so in order to fail. They never tried, so i'm not sure what you are struggling to say. And again, I don't have anything against '08ers, just ignorant ones.

Lots of people will tell you stories about how they played casually and considered themselves awesome, then either found this site or went to a tournament and learned just how bad they were. Trust me, I was one of them when I first joined.
Exactly. Everyone went through it.

Fletch

Smash Master
I actually compare myself to good people (not noobs, or the comp) I see on youtube in matches and combo vids and think, 'yeh I do that all the time, so what' or 'wow' (only when watching isai's more elaborate combos.)
I used to say this stuff all the time as well. Then I actually played good people, and realized I didn't actually do the stuff I thought I was seeing. It's one thing to be able to combo like the best players, another entirely to be able to use mindgames effectively to get into them.

Truth is I can't prove how good I am (unless u vs me on kaillera, but I live in australia so it probably has craploads of lag). But I when I started watchin pro vids on youtube of 64 smash. It was essentially the same style as I use. I don't just mindlessly jump in and try and attack like I'm sure some of you think I would do. I see noobs (my friends and some others) that have the game, and I proceed to 6 stock them (yes, i combo okay!?!?). so no, im not crap at all. I will vs u if I can. I can't believe Ive had to defend myself in this thread when I was initially posting reasons as to why people want to hack brawl. WHAT THE ****!!
I really don't care how good you are at all, I was just pointing something out. When you get all defensive like this, the less I think that you are any good. And I'm sure you would actually beat me in Smash64; I play it, but I need to play Kirby/easy mode to compete, and I don't play it at near the level I play Melee at. I'm "good" as in I can crush casual players in it, but if someone busts it out at a tournament with other good players, I would get stomped.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
Jumping down your throat? I'm just stating facts that you supplied me. I'm not overreacting, i'm just tellign you plain and simple. I'm sure you were were a good player with your friends, and the best in your basement, which is fine for a casual gamer. I'm just saying that to the competitve player, you are not good. You also said you played melee, "like twice" which means you practically never played it. Also, for the final time, Nintendo didn't fail at nerfing and buffing becasue they would have to attempt to do so in order to fail. They never tried, so i'm not sure what you are struggling to say. And again, I don't have anything against '08ers, just ignorant ones.

What are you saying?? So many characters had balance changes from 64->melee->brawl. Nintendo just sucked at it.

Yeh, playing melee twice is basically not playing it. I agree with you there.

Would you like to vs me on kaillera??

I don't play like a casual gamer.

You can't just say I suck without even seeing me play (No, I can't record vids for you, as I don't know how to record or edit or post on youtube. Even if I did, I probably couldn't be stuffed). And yes, I also see people countless times saying that they are awesome but I **** them. Too bad there are no vids to compare to and see how bad/good these people are.

As to going to a tourney and seeing how bad you are. How did YOU actually play when you thought you were the greatest and then got *****? I have a very good idea of where I am at in terms of skill. I think most that do, do not have a clue, and compare themselves to noobs (i.e. their friends). My friends suck balls at smash. Because i **** them does it mean im good, no. I realise that, I was just saying my combo skills are pretty good (with kirby at least) I approach well, etc... I feel like a broken record.

Just vs me.

Arrange a time.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
I used to say this stuff all the time as well. Then I actually played good people, and realized I didn't actually do the stuff I thought I was seeing. It's one thing to be able to combo like the best players, another entirely to be able to use mindgames effectively to get into them.

I really don't care how good you are at all, I was just pointing something out. When you get all defensive like this, the less I think that you are any good. And I'm sure you would actually beat me in Smash64; I play it, but I need to play Kirby/easy mode to compete, and I don't play it at near the level I play Melee at. I'm "good" as in I can crush casual players in it, but if someone busts it out at a tournament with other good players, I would get stomped.
Fine, can I fight you anyway? I'm not sure how good my mindgames are. But we'll see.

EDIT:Besides, of course I'm going to get defensive. What do you want me to do?? Agree completely and not share my view?? Don't be silly.

Zjiin

Smash Master
What are you saying?? So many characters had balance changes from 64->melee->brawl. Nintendo just sucked at it.

Yeh, playing melee twice is basically not playing it. I agree with you there.

Would you like to vs me on kaillera??

I don't play like a casual gamer.

You can't just say I suck without even seeing me play (No, I can't record vids for you, as I don't know how to record or edit or post on youtube. Even if I did, I probably couldn't be stuffed). And yes, I also see people countless times saying that they are awesome but I **** them. Too bad there are no vids to compare to and see how bad/good these people are.

As to going to a tourney and seeing how bad you are. How did YOU actually play when you thought you were the greatest and then got *****? I have a very good idea of where I am at in terms of skill. I think most that do, do not have a clue, and compare themselves to noobs (i.e. their friends). My friends suck balls at smash. Because i **** them does it mean im good, no. I realise that, I was just saying my combo skills are pretty good (with kirby at least) I approach well, etc... I feel like a broken record.

Just vs me.

Arrange a time.
Balance: a counterbalancing weight, force, or influence.
Nintendo balanced melee from 64. They saw what worked in 64, decided what was too strong and too weak, and tweaked, adjusted, and improved gameplay to make melee. You have to understand that they did not do this for Brawl. They did not like the highly comeptitive direction that hardcore players took melee to, and instead of balancing the game from melee (which would have meant they would have to opt for another competitive game , which they didn't want) they just turned it into more of a party game. There is no balance needed for party game, becasue a competitve aspect is not required.

I do enjoy playing 64 sometimes and have been playing it from one week after it's release, until melee came out. I have entered large tournaments for it, but I probably suck at it by now. (plus after the GC controller came out, i can't stand that flimsy 64 joystick)

You might be decent at 64, but the fact of the matter is that you are in a thread that involves two things. Melee and Brawl. I can't understand why people who don't have sufficient information of both of the subjects would even decide to comment here, knowing fully that they might be responded to.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
Balance: a counterbalancing weight, force, or influence.
Nintendo balanced melee from 64. They saw what worked in 64, decided what was too strong and too weak, and tweaked, adjusted, and improved gameplay to make melee. You have to understand that they did not do this for Brawl. They did not like the highly comeptitive direction that hardcore players took melee to, and instead of balancing the game from melee (which would have meant they would have to opt for another competitive game , which they didn't want) they just turned it into more of a party game. There is no balance needed for party game, becasue a competitve aspect is not required.

I do enjoy playing 64 sometimes and have been playing it from one week after it's release, until melee came out. I have entered large tournaments for it, but I probably suck at it by now. (plus after the GC controller came out, i can't stand that flimsy 64 joystick)

You might be decent at 64, but the fact of the matter is that you are in a thread that involves two things. Melee and Brawl. I can't understand why people who don't have sufficient information of both of the subjects would even decide to comment here, knowing fully that they might be responded to.
1. Yes, you can balance a party game. Let's nerf the damage of move 'x'. Increase dmg of move 'y'. Things to that effect. Then they screwed with the physics, added characters = brawl

2. The fact of the matter was, I was giving some main reasons as to why people would like to hack. Do I need to have played melee and attended every single tourney there ever was?? No.

Zjiin

Smash Master
2. The fact of the matter was, I was giving some main reasons as to why people would like to hack. Do I need to have played melee and attended every single tourney there ever was?? No.
WHY are you in the melee forums? The MELEE forums. Once again, this forum is target for people who play Melee.

We know the reasons people want to hack Brawl, it's pretty obvious. Thanks for the input!

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
WHY are you in the melee forums? The MELEE forums. Once again, this forum is target for people who play Melee.

We know the reasons people want to hack Brawl, it's pretty obvious. Thanks for the input!
LOL. I was just procrastinating from study. Just meandering in the boards. Came across this. As I'm very excited to have a metric ****-ton of hitstun in brawl, I am all for the hacks. Some people in this thread did not, and it annoyed me to see that they did not understand why people would even want the hacks. You may know why. Some apparently do not. That's pretty much why I'm here.

Yes, it is for those who play melee, I'm not exactly stupid (I'm a medical student by the way, only 1st yr though. How I have time for smash and these forums is beyond me).

I would just like to say, yes. I acknowledge the fact that you see people come here and say they are the best thing since sliced bread. But, some actually have quality (Me. Yes, that's arrogance for you) and are not the noobs you think they are (until proven otherwise).

I'll be leavin now.

Zelareth

Smash Cadet
IMO, this whole Brawl hacking idea is just a one way trip to epic fail. It has nothing to do with programming, how it's modified, etc. I think it has mostly to do with distribution and willingness of players. Let me explain what I mean. Even if a team has a viable way to hack Brawl, the only way to distribute it to the entire community would be through the Internet. Most likely this team will not have their own server or one that can handle large ammounts of data transfer, and thus it would most likely be uploaded to torrents. There's a problem as a few people are wary of torrents or are just helpless enough with a computer not to be able to use one. Even then, some people don't know how to properly burn image files to a disk, or are too lazy to find out how to. The effort it takes (yes I know it's not a lot but to some it is), might stave off some people.

Next obstacle is making it a standard. The intent of these hacks, from what I understand, is to make Brawl more competitve. This means people have to: (1) Use this hacked version in tournaments and/or competitve matches (like money matches) and (2) Be able to practice this version at home or with friends so that they can actually compete at this new tourney standard. In addition, playing with the game's mechanics is undoubtely going to cause all sorts of balance issues and re-arrangment of tiers. On the first release we may find that MK is now garbage and some other random character is beyond broken and the game may require balancing. If it is adjusted, people now have to download a new version and have to use another DVD to get this updated game. If this happens several times, the time, effort, and small ammount of money required to get this hacked Brawl may turn people away.

The next problem is that there is a large portion of the Brawl community that likes Brawl as it is. Some of them actually like the fact that there are much less ATs and that it is simplified. Or some have the thought ingrained in their minds that the lack of combos require more mindgames, and regardless of your opinon of whether they're right or not, most likely they would not support the extra hitstun. Needless to say, convincing them to accept this version would be difficult and possibly could create a rift within the Brawl community itself. Then there are the Melee players, such as myself, who simply got tired of Brawl and went back to Melee. Some of us may try it out of curiosity but if we wanted to play seriously with Melee's mechanics, obviously we're going to choose the game itself over the hacked imitation.

In short, I think even if the hacked version is pretty good, I think it will be too hard to distribute, obtain, and circulate widespread enough to make a competitive scene of it. Not to mention, it will probably just split the Brawl community, which obviously doesn't help. I admire their dedication to their game and their honest desire to improve it, but I don't feel as if this is the right path.

Feel free to discuss, debate, yell at me and tell me I'm wrong, etc. I'm writing this during a class I don't care about and need things to do during this class anyway =P.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
The only thing I'm going to need to contradict you on is the method of distribution. To play brawl+, what one has to do is install the homebrew channel and then d/l the codes to their SD card. There's no burning of a disc involved. Otherwise, you're right.

Zodiac

Smash Master
the hacking is basiaclly for fun no? Me and my friends play brawl plus before melee just about every time we smash cause we think its fun.

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
One more thing Zjiin. I had a think, and realised (call me slow) that maybe I would get owned at a tourney. Maybe some of the things I do when I fight are pretty punishable sometimes. Just throwing that in there. I'll say you were right.

Zelareth

Smash Cadet
The only thing I'm going to need to contradict you on is the method of distribution. To play brawl+, what one has to do is install the homebrew channel and then d/l the codes to their SD card. There's no burning of a disc involved. Otherwise, you're right.
That's true, I completely forgot about the homebrew channel that came out for the Wii. Speaking of which, it might be time for me to go work on that =P.

But on topic: Thanks for the input guys. And yeah I do suppose a hacked Brawl might be good for fun once in a while, but yet again why not just play Melee? Unless you just want to try out new characters with an imitation of Melee's mechanics maybe.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
That's true, I completely forgot about the homebrew channel that came out for the Wii. Speaking of which, it might be time for me to go work on that =P.

But on topic: Thanks for the input guys. And yeah I do suppose a hacked Brawl might be good for fun once in a while, but yet again why not just play Melee? Unless you just want to try out new characters with an imitation of Melee's mechanics maybe.
Exactly. Some of us want Brawl's newcomers with Melee's mechanics. Obviously you can't "just play Melee" when Melee lacks D3, MK, ZSS, etc.

Also, I HATE Melee Kirby, and Brawl Kirby even has a better wavedash.

Brawl+ doesn't replace Melee obviously (no Melee Falcon in sight).

Zodiac

Smash Master
Exactly. Some of us want Brawl's newcomers with Melee's mechanics. Obviously you can't "just play Melee" when Melee lacks D3, MK, ZSS, etc.

Also, I HATE Melee Kirby, and Brawl Kirby even has a better wavedash.

Brawl+ doesn't replace Melee obviously (no Melee Falcon in sight).
Everyone is brawl has a better wave dash., and yea, I play with pit in brawl+ cause I was planning on maining pit before brawl turned out to suck. Brawl+ is like a fun little side distraction you play every now and then to break the monotony of playing the same person over and over again in melee.

Top Bottom