• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

soneek

Smash Ace
PnF, not to sound rude, but you don't need to respond to everything we say.

Example:

That post was intended for TUK, seeing as he was on the channel for 90% of the time.
One of the songs from Persona 4. They flagged the same video on the backup channel even though it was private. :(

Roo

Smash Rookie
Sorry for my english... it isnt very good: (LOL)
anyone knows about textures of smashville?? becasuse yestarday i download some textures for my smash and specifically textures for smashville, but when i opened the file, the folder had these files:
STGVILLAGE_00.PAC
STGVILLAGE_01.PAC
STGVILLAGE_02.PAC
STGVILLAGE_03.PAC
STGVILLAGE_04.PAC
but... why does this happened? i mean... when i download a texture for example: Final Destination the Folder only has one file and the file (STGFINAL.PAC) that works when i play on it... Can anyone explain me what hapened here? or what of these files is the good one?
Thanks =)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Sorry for my english... it isnt very good: (LOL)
anyone knows about textures of smashville?? becasuse yestarday i download some textures for my smash and specifically textures for smashville, but when i opened the file, the folder had these files:
STGVILLAGE_00.PAC
STGVILLAGE_01.PAC
STGVILLAGE_02.PAC
STGVILLAGE_03.PAC
STGVILLAGE_04.PAC
but... why does this happened? i mean... when i download a texture for example: Final Destination the Folder only has one file and the file (STGFINAL.PAC) that works when i play on it... Can anyone explain me what hapened here? or what of these files is the good one?
Thanks =)
Not the right thread. Go to help.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Someone got into the sites files and did something to them. Luckily, the entire site was backed up, so TUK is uploading every file as we speak.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Well then let's hope that soneek can finish his practicing with site programing (or whatever it was he said he was working on) before the site returns to ensure it doesn't happen again.

soneek

Smash Ace
I have most of var/www, the scripts and stuff. I don't have any of the programs though, but they can be re-installed later.

Segatendo

Smash Rookie
Well, as long as it is a song that can't be purchased (like some songs on purchasable discs like Mario Galaxy) aren't uploaded to Youtube, I don't see how there can be a problem.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You'd be wrong. Sorry to say, hosting any music which would otherwise have to be paid for, including video game music, breaks copyright laws.

soneek

Smash Ace
I 100% agree. It's just frustrating that they don't flag the stuff that's been up for years, but they flagged BrawlBRSTMs. They would have to take down all of the VG music on YouTube to really enforce copyright laws.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hell, we could always keep the music to our own Youtube accounts (if we have one [I do]).

I guess the main focus right now would be to get the site back up. I'm dying to upload some of the Black/White 2 stuff.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What if people CAN'T rip the songs? I demand you rip the entire Super Mario Sunshine soundtrack without sound effects, including the cutscenes.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Aw man, this is depressing...

Edit: By the way, you can just spend the day at a place that has super fast internet. Use filezilla or something to upload the files over ssh. It took me about 6 hours when I went to my school to do it.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hey moosey. Yea, it's pretty sad that the main channel got shut down...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Is anyone getting fed up with the stupid rumours that Charles Martinet is dead? I mean he's 56 for ****'s sake. Not 96. Where are people getting these rumours from? The some ****ing scum bag decided to put it on Wikipedia.

Also, This is getting REALLY annoying.

"Your channel has been switched to the new design. Learn more about setting up your new channel here."

YES WE KNOW THAT! Why is it no matter HOW MANY TIMES I close that message it just does NOT GO AWAY?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Don't hate me for asking this, but I'm just curious, what actually is wrong with the site right now? It's been down for so long that I forgot what the original reason was. And didn't I read that there's a backup of every BRSTM from the site somewhere?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
What if people CAN'T rip the songs? I demand you rip the entire Super Mario Sunshine soundtrack without sound effects, including the cutscenes.
I'm unfamiliar with whether SMS's cutscenes are pre-rendered or use the game engine. If it's the forum, no can do - it undoubtedly includes the SFX as part of the video's audio stream.
If the latter, should be relatively easy. But I have better things to do.

I will gladly do it.

Guys? Why can't I comment on the channel?
It's probably under some kind of probation. Breaking laws tends to draw ire.

Top Bottom