• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh, they're both good, but the other one (the one where as soon as you drag a WAV, it just asks for the loop points) is even quicker. Because the one you use takes a little while with the "converting WAV to dsp" thing <_< :p

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Here's the new one if anybody needs it: http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/crap2keep/converter.zip
I just decided to make it so that you could use it entirely from the command line, or use a CLI.
Usage is brstmmake.exe Inputfile.wav (1 for loop, 0 for no loop) [start loop point] [end loop point]
Or you could just do the standard drag and drop.

Edit: It'll work fine if you use it properly, but it'll crash if you do something like enter a start loop point that is larger than the end loop point. I didn't bother making it check stuff like that.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But then, who would do that (and how would that work?)
The only thing is, if you have it start looping at 0:52, and then end loop at 0:20, when it starts and goes to 0:20, it'd skip to 0:52, and then erm... just carry on non-stop for infinity, thus, there'd be no end, and because of that, the file size wouldn't exist, and the file wouldn't exist, and so, erm... this post makes no sense.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
88 songs uploaded to BCM since the first. That's a good two days, don't you think? The site's also up to 6080 active songs.

Anyway, I've copied all the songs from the site onto my phone (Yay for local backups :grin:), and will be listening to some of the newer ones on my 20 hours in the car this week, along with replaying The World Ends With You.

Edit: http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/6637
How is this a remix?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You can upload anything, just as long as it's a BRSTM (which obviously it is). As for looping, they should either be perfect loops (ones that don't actually stop), however, a "start - finish" loop will be accepted. We don't accept very poorly looped things that are so awfully looped, with hardly any effort, that they just pop at the loop point and skip half a second or something :p

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Moosehunter, could you have the full song list page be separated into like 20 or 30 songs on a page? Going there has crashed any browser I have used and it would be better to have it separated into pages imo.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well, you're not supposed to be able to upload songs like this one http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/5798, but people do anyway.
Is the reason, that you only want video game music, or maybe silly remixes by some random YouTube users, like a YTPMV, or is it because you don't want the site to bear the brunt of potential copyright claims and stuff?

And I'll be gone for the next few days, so according to Murphy's Law, something will go wrong with the site in the next few days, so be prepared :p
I hate Murphy's Law :(. It's worse than Hobson's Choice (or is it)?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Is the reason, that you only want video game music, or maybe silly remixes by some random YouTube users, like a YTPMV, or is it because you don't want the site to bear the brunt of potential copyright claims and stuff?

I hate Murphy's Law :(. It's worse than Hobson's Choice (or is it)?
The second one. I'd rather not risk it. I mean people don't usually care enough to do anything about video game music *looks at GH*

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I think DeoxysPrime and SilvaGunner might have something to say about that :p

I assume silly remixes, like "Hop Hop! Pingas Lifts", or YouTube Poops (YTMPVs) are OK, or OC Remixes?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You know what'd be very helpful? If a certain program with "Zero-X" in the title didn't only support WAVs. Because when Winamp decides to "stop working", when I have FLACs to convert to WAV, just so I can use that program, it's very annoying. BCSM-GUI supports FLAC, your converters support FLAC IIRC, but I still need to use that program for the reason it's used for.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
You know what'd be very helpful? If a certain program with "Zero-X" in the title didn't only support WAVs. Because when Winamp decides to "stop working", when I have FLACs to convert to WAV, just so I can use that program, it's very annoying. BCSM-GUI supports FLAC, your converters support FLAC IIRC, but I still need to use that program for the reason it's used for.
Goldwave batch convert. ;)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Does moosehunter's converter still have the same support like his old one (the number one)?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Does moosehunter's converter still have the same support like his old one (the number one)?
Nope, but I guess I could throw it into the old one.

And it's not really my converter, I just threw a main function on brawllib and cut out most of the unneeded stuff.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I've barely been at home at all the past week, heh.
Had a Melee tourney, gift exchange, and visited my relatives.

I don't hear any pops, so that must have been a miracle.
No, those are the highest quality pretty much possible. minigsf straight to wav.
As for SSE songs...

The entire "Y" collection is for it. Here are the rest that I remember from the top of my head.

Menu Screens (Melee) -- Kirby v Mario match
Menu 1 -- First appearance of Primids
Bramble Blast -- Fox + Diddy first part
Yoshi's Island -- Fox Diddy Falco swamp
Preparing to Advance -- Marth's first stage
Revenge of Metaknight -- Halberd and Marth + MK swarm
Castle & Boss -- Vs Dark Peach+Zelda
Ike's Theme -- Ike's first stage
With Mila's Divine Protection -- Windy stage on the way to Galleom
Crimean Army Sortie -- Cave after Marth+MK swarm
Underworld -- Pit's first stage
Skyworld -- Peach + Kirby cloudy stages, Pit's first stage
Underground Theme (Super Mario Land) -- Ruin areas
Porky's Theme -- Statue and Porky
Wild Pokemon Battle! (Diamon and Pearl) -- Pokemon Trainer's first stage
Gritzy Desert -- On the way to the ruins, Lucas + PT
Main Theme (Pikmin) -- Olimar + Falcon's first stage
Climb Up! and Get The Last Chance! -- Falcon + DK + Fox + Diddy raiding the bomb factory
Vs Meta Ridley -- Escaping from the bomb factory
Vs Ridley -- Ridley battles
Victory Road -- Against Rayquaza and Lucario
Ice Climber -- First part of ICs' level
Frozen Hillside -- Second part of ICs' level
Battlefield -- Various battles
Fire Field -- Saving DK during the swarm
Sector 1 -- Zero Suit Samus' first stage, Great Maze battles against bounty hunters
Multiplayer (Prime 2) -- Zero Suit Samus' puzzle areas
Snowman -- Great Maze mirror of Pokemon Trainer's first stage
Hidden Mountain and Forest -- Link + Yoshi's first stage
The Dark World -- Great Maze mirror of Link + Yoshi's first stage
Theme of Samus Aran -- Retrieving the Power Suit
Norfair -- ZSS + Pikachu elevator stage
Theme of Tara -- Snake's first stage
Encounter -- Latter part of Snake's first stage
Luigi's Mansion Theme -- Great Maze battle against Luigi
Pokemon Center -- Unlocking Jigglypuff
Giga Bowser -- Final Bowser battle
Dragon Roost Island -- Unlocking Toon Link
Star Wolf -- Unlocking Wolf
Classic: Results Screen -- Finish a level
Gourmet Race -- Great Maze battles against Kirby, MK, D3, Olimar
Unfounded Revenge -- Great Maze battles against Ness and Lucas
Vs. Parasite Queen -- Pikachu + ZSS icy dark stage
Battle for Storm Hill -- DK + Diddy raft area
K. Rool Ship Deck -- After the raft docks
Team Galactic Battle -- Second part of Pokemon Trainer's first stage
Continue -- Death menu
Game Over -- Quitting at death menu

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Just wondering, does anyone know where to get a good quality full rip of Banjo-Tooie that does NOT cut off part of the beginning? The soundtrack is OK, but it has not even 10% of all the songs, what with the different variations, etc. Also, is the USF rip of Banjo-Kazooie noticably slower than what it should be (like most USFs are -- SM64 being by far the most noticable for me)?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Your name is Kamen Rider? That's where your username is supposed to go.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Just wondering, does anyone know where to get a good quality full rip of Banjo-Tooie that does NOT cut off part of the beginning? The soundtrack is OK, but it has not even 10% of all the songs, what with the different variations, etc. Also, is the USF rip of Banjo-Kazooie noticably slower than what it should be (like most USFs are -- SM64 being by far the most noticable for me)?
Just incase this was missed...

EDIT: I really hate no post for 6 hours :(

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I don't know what it was, but I was using an old (2007) version of 2SF Decoder. I recently downloaded the latest release (from January 2010, IIRC), and there's a big difference in quality. Particularly Yoshi's Island DS. I'm updating the entire Yoshi's Island DS set, now, and maybe some others.
To describe it, the older 2SF decoder sounded somewhat crackily. It made Super Mario 64 DS sound quite bad, but this new one makes Super Mario 64 DS sound like Super Mario 64 in terms of quality :p. I'm assuming those of you who have done DS BRSTMs used the most recent version of 2SF decoder?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
BOO!
Is this place dead? Anyway, does anyone know where to get a good quality full rip of Banjo-Tooie that does NOT cut off part of the beginning? The soundtrack is OK, but it has not even 10% of all the songs, what with the different variations, etc. Also, is the USF rip of Banjo-Kazooie noticably slower than what it should be (like most USFs are -- SM64 being by far the most noticable for me)?

And no I don't know what that song is. Neither does the person who made the video <_<.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
If you think that the USFs don't work, then I have no other answer other than record them in-game yourself.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I pitched this to CyberGlitch but he hasn't been on since the 15th of last month, so...

Does anyone want to make a shared account (like "Custom Music Hub") and have the ownership of this thread go to that? The password would be shared between a few trusted people (including CyberGlitch whenever he gets back) and the people with the password can update it whenever necessary.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I pitched this to CyberGlitch but he hasn't been on since the 15th of last month, so...

Does anyone want to make a shared account (like "Custom Music Hub") and have the ownership of this thread go to that? The password would be shared between a few trusted people (including CyberGlitch whenever he gets back) and the people with the password can update it whenever necessary.
This sounds like a good idea. I think that Darksamus77, moosehunter, or segtendo would be good people to share that account.

Also, could one of you guys go to the request brstm thread by DS77? There are many requests that are now 'backed up' so to speak. :c

Top Bottom