• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

moosehunter

Smash Ace

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I see. I was about to begin the Pokémon Colosseum soundtrack, but after making the WAVs samples, I scrapped everything because I had a feeling you (or Segtendo / TheUltimateKoopa) would make way better and clearer BRSTMs than I would have done.

Oh, OstProject is down. This is where I took the Colosseum's songs.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
I see. I was about to begin the Pokémon Colosseum soundtrack, but after making the WAVs samples, I scrapped everything because I had a feeling you (or Segtendo / TheUltimateKoopa) would make way better and clearer BRSTMs than I would have done.

Oh, OstProject is down. This is where I took the Colosseum's songs.
Yeah, here's an example of one of the tracks I ripped, compressed for easy transfer of course. The lossless files are on my computer.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/temporarycrap/OpeningDemoPC.mp3
The one you had was probably filled with sound effects and was recorded using an analog line out from the GC/Wii.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
The one you had was probably filled with sound effects and was recorded using an analog line out from the GC/Wii.
There was no sound effect in them at all. But I knew you would come up with something of better quality anyway so I didn't bother to make any song from this game :laugh:

moosehunter

Smash Ace
There are 78 tracks in Pokemon Colosseum, and I have Mirror B's theme playing at the title screen, so prepare for a full Pokemon Colosseum rip soon.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think if you want to loop this hypothetical song of yours, you'll kind of "force" a chorus to happen, you know what I mean? Try to aim for that kind of feel.

If the song has a discernable intro and outtro, try to keep the loop going between those two points (that is, before the outtro ever begins). That way, it usually makes more musical sense when you listen to it all the way through.

Be a little creative, that's all. :V
That's my two cents.
Thanks for the advice! :)

What about something simple like if the end is just louder; no other differences?

moosehunter

Smash Ace
There was no sound effect in them at all. But I knew you would come up with something of better quality anyway so I didn't bother to make any song from this game :laugh:
Yeah... I just downloaded the soundtrack from there, and a lot of the tracks are littered with sound effects, especially the one I posted.

Cue response in 3, 2, 1...

Edit: Guess he's not at his computer.

Zealous98

Smash Cadet
What about something simple like if the end is just louder; no other differences?
ehhh not sure what you mean here. D: Differences between what exactly?

Hey, if you want an example of a "non-loopable" song, try my Two Hornpipes brstm:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Two Hornpipes (Custom Loop) By Zealous98 - DEMO

And then compare it with the original. If it's a song like this one, sometimes you have to sacrifice some of the better parts in the end for the sake of a natural-sounding loop.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So I have a couple BlazBlue BRTMs done (Catus Carnival, Bullet Dance and Condemnation Wings), along with some few other ones (mostly, K-On! instrumental songs).

I'll try and upload them within these few days.

Is hard to find songs to convert, specially songs that fit certain stages. lol

EDIT: http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/6777
Flame, I remember the video of that one.... and I still having nightmares of that...

Swordplay

Smash Lord
i have a question...sometimes (normally on FD or yoshis), in the middle of my song, it'll randomly just get all glitchy and static-y for about 20 seconds and then go back to normal. is there any way to fix this? i'm using fpc 3.5.1 and gecko os 1.9.3.1
Sorry I found this post through the search. Same problem except mine will randomly switch to a different song as well. (usually to the original song.) after static. Should I try Defrag as well? any other solutions out there?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Looks like my BRSTM of Otherworld from Final Fantasy X is going to be popular : 4 downloads in 2 days.

I know the numbers looks very wrong, but compared to some of my other uploads, it's so much !

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Alrighty guys. We got control of the Music hub now. Let's go nuts with updating the main post.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yay for me (who else? -- really, I mean "Who else has been given ownership?" not like... you know) -- also slippyToad is something of a legend for his Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion SFX free rips :p He has also ripped New Super Mario Bros from the 2SFs with BOTH World 8 Map themes (using the same mini2SF, but with a hex editor to mute the extra channels)... I also did this with Yoshi's Island DS maps.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
A little off topic, but does anyone here know how to rip pictures off games? Not sprites, just images.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I've added all my "Other Music" and "Anime" contributions to the list :p

Also, most emulators have a screen capture function, assuming you mean images like this:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Smallish question... I have made 2 BRSTMs from 2 different games, each of which have a different name in America than Europe or other PAL areas (I'm from the UK).
Now, do I upload as:
"More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima: How Old Is Your Brain?" (PAL)
"Brain Age 2: More Brain Training in Minutes a Day!" (US)?

"Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat?" (PAL)
"Personal Trainer: Cooking" (US)?

For the former, I'll upload as Brain Age 2 since that's what's already available, but you can see a problem.

European person uploads a BRSTM for "Yoshi's Universal Gravitation" (let's assume that Yoshi Topsy-Turvy was on the site but he didn't know they were the same game), then someone (a mod) might merge "Yoshi's Universal Gravitation" with "Yoshi Topsy-Turvy". Then the European guy might be like "Why was my BRSTM deleted"?

I probably suggested, but what if BOTH games were listed, but they both linked to the same page? I know I suggested a similar thing with songs, for example, in Mario Kart Wii, there's a BRSTM for N64 Mario Raceway (http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/5209), so for Mario Kart 64, the song could be duplicated, but share the same URL (http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/5209).... might be complicated but you know.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I'm tormented right now.

I'm going to upload two versions of the same song, which is Home Sweet Grave from Guilty Gear Isuka (or well known as the 1st level in "I wanna be the Guy"). One is longer, but seems a bit off, while the other one is seemingless, but is shorter. Even though my liking goes for the latter, I can't decide which one is better...

EDIT : I don't know who modified Star Fox 2's title name, so it matches the other Star Fox games's names, but I thank this person :)

Top Bottom