• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I don't care what you think of me, I am getting SICK of the ****ing stupid ***** CONSTANTLY and DELIBERATELY typing generic franchise names!

They're NOT requests. I mean seriously:

Ragadasst posted "fire emblem"
banjokabooie posted "pokemon collo" (obviously meaning color/colour) and then said "opps" (again, obviously meaning "oops")
PreciousHippocrates posted "new super mario"
insanelokz209 posted "goldeneye"

and if that's not enough?

ParksAndCramer posted simply "mario".

devonpcole posted "tekken" but he said he was trying to search for a playlist for accidentally typed it in the comments thing.... but you can't SERIOUSLY be telling me that:

Ragadasst, banjokabooie, PreciousHippocrates, insanelokz209, ParksAndCramer, Agumonlyoko55, Ittybritty196, ForRealiSay, froston, and so on, ALL of these somehow were 'trying to search playlists or videos but accidentally posted in the comments'? Come on seriously... one is just enough... 2 is a little weird, but this is at least 10 people who have blatantly obviously done it to piss me off.

Not to mention the ****ers who can't even ****ing be bothered to CHECK what I DO have. I mean seriously, some ****head requested some thing from Super Mario Galaxy.....

Also, Alaric? PLEASE just be patient. Don't start what you did last year, constantly asking us for an update and precise percentage of progress and stuff.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I know (maybe it's the fact that I'm stuck in linux currently and can't access the brstms I downloaded in windows that's making it slightly harder to wait).

Still, I almost feel like giving you some relief on the YT channel and help you try and get the point through those block-heads who are trolling and see if that helps anything (I'd go over what I'd say with you before I actually post it on the channel, so that you can give me some suggestions and feedback so we can maximize how successful it'll be).

Segatendo

Smash Rookie
So, just checking in for update. The site is up and available, but there are still things broken? (like for example I can't log into my account, it says invalid username/password although I know both are right).

soneek

Smash Ace
So, just checking in for update. The site is up and available, but there are still things broken? (like for example I can't log into my account, it says invalid username/password although I know both are right).
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/login/forgot_password.php

I'll have to add that option under the login bar.

Also, I'm gonna get rid of the MP3 download option, since we're not even supposed to distribute them. People can always convert the BRSTMs to whatever.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Not to mention the lengths are really weird. To be honest, I don't know why moose made them loop once, and then have a 30 second delay then fade out... seems pointless.

E.g. if the song loops at 1:25, the fade out would then start at 1:55 and the total length is basically "loop end + 0:40"

So if people know how to set BRSTMs to play any length, they can simply set the MP3 to be as long as they want, right?

soneek

Smash Ace
I think mainly to save space, but we'll still the MP3s up for previews. I'm just gonna restrict access to that folder. I'm converting everything to MP3 on my local computer now, and I'll just upload them all later. It'll be a lot faster than what I was trying the other day, (convert, then upload, then to the next song).

Yeah, we'll have to inform them about vgmstream. I'll update the "About Us" page soon to credit everyone that plays a major role in the site.

Also, I can add the video data for our manual uploads to the site, so we won't have to delete and reprocess them. I'm learning more random programming stuffz in class, so we might have some fun additions to the site in the future.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Cool... but how are you going to do that with the videos? I mean what if some games have different logos? I mean look at the NSMB2 videos. And then some games might not have exactly the same name, e.g. someone might put "Megaman", and then "Mega Man", and then "Rock Man", or "Rockman", or "Rokkuman" or something?

Not to mention the descriptions that say "This video was uploaded from..."

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I've been having issues...When I have the music hack on the game freezes but when it is not on I can play for hours and nothing happens.

Do I have the code wrong ? I enter it in code manager and nothing appears but other codes do and they work.

soneek

Smash Ace
After I put the video data in, and the stupid editing function works again, we can just "edit" the song so that the titles, descriptions, and tags update on YouTube. For ones with different logos, it should still work. The video won't be automatically recreated or anything if it used a different logo than what's on the site.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh cool.

I'm going to bed soon, so I can't do this, but can someone explain how BrawlBRSTMs2 works?

Here's what he said:

Yes. I see and you have to get the MP3 and put it into a convertor and then use the BRSTM convertor to make the file! Haha I see now I get it. Its only the patching part of the file as far as converting the files go I understand that part.

All those who want requests why not tell them to ask me to do them? Because some songs I get are converted from videos into MP3s. And songs you don't have yet I could do.

Hehe yeah thanks for showing me how to convert them. Because now I won't have to bug you anymore. (: I can make my own music in full HD. Its just I' not sure about the Logos though. Whoever uploads the logos does a good job on them. And ones for like the Mario Sports on the GameCube he doesn't even have just yet.
I think he has it the wrong way around.

I really don't know how many times I have to tell him that BRSTMs are not on YouTube but he just does NOT ****ing listen.

I said the files used for the audio are MP3s. And somehow he thinks you convert MP3s to BRSTM and then upload them on YouTube? God damnit!

I know he's French, but seriously, is ANYONE so stupid that they don't realise that YouTube is a VIDEO sharing site, and a generic file host? You can't upload BRSTMs to YouTube..... I don't even KNOW what he's asking most of the time.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just saying, maybe someone other than TUK should handle such things as youtube comments and the like.

Probably someone with a cooler head.

soneek

Smash Ace
****ing god. Your college has amazing internet.
I think it's mostly because my school is a single ISP, like Verizon or COX, but only distributes to the campus. The whole campus is less than a mile long, so yeah the Ethernet connection is beast.

soneek

Smash Ace
can anyone answer my previous question
As far as I know, there isn't any music hack code, just the general file replacement code. I'm assuming you're not using Riivolution? And I would guess that one of the other files is freezing your game. Try having only characters, stages and music on your SD card, and see what happens. Literally take everything else off, common5.pac, Mu_menumain.pac, etc.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
soneek - the only thing I have on is teh music replacement code.

Even with that only on it just freezes. When I use Neogamma what should I put to activate the codes properly and why does the replacement code not show up in codemanger ??

If i am doing it wrong please soemone send me a good working GCT and instructions on how to use it on neogamma

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone know where to get the PSF2 rip of Ragnarok from FFXI?

The OST version fades out too early.

And for some reason, a lot of the tracks in the PSF2 rips on Zophar's Domain of all 5 FFXI games are missing, including Ragnarok.

soneek

Smash Ace
I'm attempting to fix the upload script so I won't have to do the manual adding. I got vgmstream working on the site, so the song conversion should work. For some reason, the uploaded files don't get stored in the brstm folder. I'm troubleshooting that atm. I'll add the Sinnoh themes really quick though.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Soneek

I've noticed that some of the brstms play, but not those that have been on before the site went down. Will those get taken care of soon?

soneek

Smash Ace
No, since they're not all back up yet, and it'll still take time to upload them. I'm at least trying to set it up so we can upload new stuff.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
In otherwords, for God's sake, Alaric, be patient and stop asking about the site everyday.

Meanwhile... I won't list the individual songs, but here's a list of Games (and other stuff) that I've made BRSTMs for, since the site has been 'down'.

Sonic Adventure = 6 BRSTMs (all of which are MIDIs in a Genesis soundfont)
Pokemon: The Movie 2000 = 1 BRSTM (custom loop of Pokemon World)
Mario Kart 64 = 1 BRSTM (remastered remake of Rainbow Road)
Kirby's Dream Land = 15 BRSTMs (full soundtrack)
Final Fantasy IX = 41 BRSTMs (basically, all of them that weren't on the site)
Perfect Dark = 78 BRSTMs (full USF rip)
Super Mario 64 = 1 BRSTM (mashup of Powerful and Metallic Mario themes)
Final Fantasy IV DS = 1 BRSTM (Gilbart's Lute.... someone mentioned the loop was bad in the original upload and asked me to fix it)
Game Boy Camera = 66 BRSTMs (all songs in the Game, except the DJ samples as well as 3 MIDIs)
Super Smash Bros = 25 BRSTMs (remastered remakes of some songs)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword = 1 BRSTM (Main Theme? IIRC from E3)
New Super Mario Bros = 2 BRSTMs (the first 'part' of World 8, and a medley of both versions)
Super Mario 64 DS = 5 BRSTMs (the 2 other variations of Cave Dungeon and Dire, Dire Docks, as well as a medley of all 3 variations of Cave Dungeon)
Yoshi's Island DS = 5 BRSTMs (all other map variations)
OutRun (both 8-bit and 16-bit versions) = at least 10 songs overall
Final Fantasy XI = 88 BRSTMs (all songs from the main game, and a few from the expansion packs)
Metroid II: Return of Samus = 14 BRSTMs (all songs that were loopable)
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time = 1 BRSTM (Hyrule Field Main Theme, N64 Anthems version)
Super Mario 3D Land = 4 BRSTMs (custom/E to S loops of the 2 "Beat Block" themes as well as Airship and Bowser's Castle)
Mario Kart 7 = 2 BRSTMs (medleys of local and wifi menu theme variations)
Kid Icarus: Uprising = 40 BRSTMs (all songs which were loopable.... all of which are on the site already so these probably aren't useful <_<)
Donkey Kong Land 2 = 1 BRSTM (recently discovered unused 'Boss Bossanova' theme)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) = 2 BRSTMs (Underwater and Land variations of Enchanted Riverbank)
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance = 3 BRSTMs (Kingdom Mix)
Final Fantasy VI = 56 BRSTMs (including 2 'very bad' medleys of Dancing Mad)
Final Fantasy X = 68 BRSTMs (all loopable songs)
Donkey Kong Country (GBA) = 1 BRSTM (MIDI of Warp Zone with DKC soundfont)
Donkey Kong Land = 6 BRSTMs (all MIDIs with either airfont, DKC soundfont or Genesis soundfont)
Pocket Bomberman = 1 BRSTM (MIDI of 'Round Intro' with DKC soundfont)
Super Mario Land 2 = 4 BRSTMs (MIDIs of 2 songs, one of which has 2 different MIDIs, and also 2 of the same MIDI but in different soundfonts)
Super Mario Advance 4 = 1 BRSTM (MIDI of World-e Castle)
Super Mario All-Stars = 1 BRSTM (MIDI of Airship)
Tetris DX = 2 BRSTMs (2 MIDIs, Music B and Win VS Com)
Super Mario Land = 5 BRSTMs (MIDI of Muda in Genesis, and Goldeneye soundfont and MIDIs of Ruins, Chai and Ending)
Wario Land = 2 BRSTMs (MIDI of Parsley Woods in DKC sound font, and Boss in airfont soundfont)
Wario Land 2 = 4 BRSTMs (4 MIDIs)
Wario Land 3 = 1 BRSTM (MIDI of Stage Complete)
DuckTales = 1 BRSTM (MIDI of The Moon)
Sonic Advance = 3 BRSTMs (3 MIDIs in Genesis soundfont)
Sonic Triple Trouble = 1 BRSTM (MIDI of Sunset Park 3 in Genesis soundfont)
Final Fantasy I = 19 BRSTMs (all loopable songs)

I still have the non-looped songs from Final Fantasy games, and I'm planning on doing Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy III)

So far, however, roughly I have almost 600 BRSTMs, and after FFII and FFIII, that'll be over 600, maybe approaching 700 when I've done the non-looped BRSTMs for the FF games I've done.

As said 3 times now, can anyone provide a version of Ragnarok from Final Fantasy XI that's loopable?

soneek

Smash Ace
That reminds me, bxaimc is working on looping the latest Kid Icarus: Uprising stuff. And nope, sorry about Ragnarok. :/

Also, I wanna block the site for a bit so that the server can make the previews for everything currently up there. There's still around 5000 songs, and I'd like to get it done without extra processes from people viewing the site. FTP should still be available.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'd block the site. Hell, there's nothing you really can do with it right now :p
My main concern is just with the download script, so I can fix the links in my BrawlVault.

soneek

Smash Ace
Blocked. The script is gonna go through about 4000 songs. I'll try to fix these bugs in the meantime...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.brawlcustommusic.com

:D

Now, how long before "WTF? It's down again?"

Of course the joke's on them, as they say, since.... well, it was never up, technically :p

Also, by looping, do you mean custom looping the normally non-looping battle themes that have multiple 'sections' in one, for example, The Lightning Battle?

soneek

Smash Ace
I mean looping the full soundtrack that was released, and I think custom looping the non-looping stuff that's not already on the site.

Is my latest comment on the channel a but too much? :p

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Soneek & Segtendo

Think, with how many brstms TUK managed to make, that we should recommend him getting a skype account (if he hasn't got one already)? I feel like, with an achievement like that, he could share the brstms with the others in the BCM skype group.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Or I could just upload them to MediaFire (in separate RAR files of 200 MB each because of the 200 MB single file limit <_<), that way, everyone can see them :p

Alternatively, I might upload a few to the channel :p particularly the MIDI conversions.

As for your latest comment, soneek:
Lawl fapping

So, what do you think of this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61VhMPYjPGM

Also, should I put the original MIDI sequencer's name in the description?

soneek

Smash Ace
Also, should I put the original MIDI sequencer's name in the description?
Yeah.

I finished the conversions last night, but I fell asleep without turning the site back on lol, so sorry about that. One more thing I forgot to factor in, the E to S songs. They'll still download as E to S BRSTMs of course, but the previews will be 30 seconds longer followed by that 10 second fade.

Edit: Hmm I could actually just check the database to see what's E to S, and manually reconvert those to loop once.

soneek

Smash Ace
It should be easy to figure out whether or not a song is up on the site now. :p Download links work as well.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yay! A pending song. Of course we can't hear it using the preview thing yet. :p

So, how do we tell if a site is or is not on the site?

soneek

Smash Ace
You can tell from the game pages. And I had to do some extra stuff to have that in the pending list. I'm gonna leave it there till I get the approving/rejecting functions working.

Top Bottom