• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, just to make sure, which BRSTMs should I be uploading?

Are you doing anything after 17399, i.e. 17400 and upwards? If not, should I just do everything from 17400?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But you said you already had up to 17399? <_<

Wait, there's only 17396-17399... how did those 4 get uploaded but nothing before or after?

Also, what's this game?

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/431

Also, while it's not fully functional, I like the 'new' comments system you have going :p

I tried sending a comment for lulz, but it said:
Notice: Undefined index: id in /var/www/preview.php on line 9 Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/preview.php on line 66

So I'm guessing it's not complete... wait what am I saying? GUESSING it's not?

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Oh man! XD

I got so excited after I clicked that link, but then I realized I can't download anything yet...

soneek

Smash Ace
They weren't all uploading in order. Everything you uploaded today, I have backed up... :facepalm:

Also, I start school on Monday, and I have work and sports along with it, so I'll almost never be here for a WHILE. I'll try to have all of the songs sorted this weekend, and see if Ijah can do the rest of the repairs to return the site to full funtionality.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, I'm still confused.... what am I uploading? You're saying upload everything after 17000, and then what I did upload (which was only 50 or so) you already had backed up.... all I want to know is what I'm supposed to be uploading, because the way you're going, it seems like there's no point in me even uploading anything.

soneek

Smash Ace
Ahhh we were talking about 17400 before, but I did say 17000+. That's miscommunication on my part, so I'm sorry about that. I meant to say 17400+, but I guess I was in a rush and didn't read that over. 664 files left in my queue.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So, when it comes to the ones I uploaded, which are 17000 - 17045 or so, and it asks what to do if the file exists, you can just tell it to skip them, right?

So, if I upload everything from 17400 upwards, that'd be fine, right?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well it's off-topic, but... Neil Armstrong died today :(

But just so this isn't completely off-topic, ATBVideos1 (aka MrBean35000VRJr) asked if the BRSTM to YouTube thing was public (anyone can use it) or private (only "the Brawl Guys" like us can use it)

Also, are you going to edit the uploading script so that it doesn't upload to BrawlBRSTMs? Obviously it'll need to be altered so that it primarily uploads to BrawlBRSTMs2, and then uploads to one of the other channels as a backup (again, making these automatically private)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Sorry I wasn't on yesterday. SmashBoards wasn't working for me, even though it said it was working.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Can someone make a BRSTM of Ragnarok from FFXI? It's from one of the expansion packs, but I forgot which one. The OST version fades out BEFORE the loop (which I really can NOT stand in OSTs)

Does anyone know where I can download the FFX-2 OST (good quality) without having to sign up?

FFShrine is a no go, and so are torrents, unless there are a LOT of seeders.

soneek

Smash Ace
I'll see if I have time to work on the site again next weekend. I definitely won't be able to do anything during the week though, and I won't be here either. See you guys whenever.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
TheNintenguy, I have FFX ready to do, so don't start that yet :p

Also, as I said, does anyone know a good place to get the X-2 OST? Don't say FFShrine, since I got banned until November.

Sound Reaper

Smash Rookie
TheNintenguy, I have FFX ready to do, so don't start that yet :p

Also, as I said, does anyone know a good place to get the X-2 OST? Don't say FFShrine, since I got banned until November.
Use this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?if8g3860wom8k#d11o4ff95bn4a

This has Final Fantasy X-2 and many other worthwhile soundtracks.

Or better yet....here are the links directly to them:
http://www.mediafire.com/?883n6j9pj5c8w5s

http://www.mediafire.com/?0nifl1k24v5noy7

You will have to create a folder for it when extracting so you can keep track of them. They are properly tagged, just sometimes the uploader will have multiple formats if requested.

This is Sound Reaper. If you need help finding something, ask me. I use multiple sources.

EDIT: Ah yes, didn't someone say they needed help with Mario Party Advance? If so, I can send mp3 files for those too.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I already have the rip so Mario Party Advance is OK. I never said anything about needing help, I just said I hadn't made BRSTMs yet :p I have the files ready... all I need is to erm, make the BRSTMs (I'm lazy.... Ok, I'm just doing Final Fantasy X, and then X-2 first, and maybe I'll do MPA).

When BCM is back, I'm going to be uploading a LOT of BRSTMs... I just hope no one coincidentially made the same BRSTMs.

Also, is that slippyToad (from FFShrine)'s MediaFire thing? I'm sure it was him that always named his folders as simply "MP3_1", etc.

Sound Reaper

Smash Rookie
I already have the rip so Mario Party Advance is OK. I never said anything about needing help, I just said I hadn't made BRSTMs yet :p I have the files ready... all I need is to erm, make the BRSTMs (I'm lazy.... Ok, I'm just doing Final Fantasy X, and then X-2 first, and maybe I'll do MPA).

When BCM is back, I'm going to be uploading a LOT of BRSTMs... I just hope no one coincidentially made the same BRSTMs.

Also, is that slippyToad (from FFShrine)'s MediaFire thing? I'm sure it was him that always named his folders as simply "MP3_1", etc.
Nah, this one belongs to GoronMoron. And..as it turns out, he no longer accepts requests for any additional formats than what he has done already. Sorry about that.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord

If you want to know, I've made 3 more FFX-2 BRSTMs thanks to Zophar Domain's PSF2 set. These are as follow : "Sphere Hunters" ; "The Gullwings March" and "Yuna's Ballad"

EDIT : I see you want the whole thing, so search in here : http://www.zophar.net/music/psf2.html

There's also "FF-X International + Last Mission", but since it's from the same game, it'd be pointless to have 2 folders just for that on BCM.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
If you want to know, I've made 3 more FFX-2 BRSTMs thanks to Zophar Domain's PSF2 set. These are as follow : "Sphere Hunters" ; "The Gullwings March" and "Yuna's Ballad"

EDIT : I see you want the whole thing, so search in here : http://www.zophar.net/music/psf2.html

There's also "FF-X International + Last Mission", but since it's from the same game, it'd be pointless to have 2 folders just for that on BCM.
Use this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?if8g3860wom8k#d11o4ff95bn4a

This has Final Fantasy X-2 and many other worthwhile soundtracks.

Or better yet....here are the links directly to them:
http://www.mediafire.com/?883n6j9pj5c8w5s

http://www.mediafire.com/?0nifl1k24v5noy7

You will have to create a folder for it when extracting so you can keep track of them. They are properly tagged, just sometimes the uploader will have multiple formats if requested.

This is Sound Reaper. If you need help finding something, ask me. I use multiple sources.

EDIT: Ah yes, didn't someone say they needed help with Mario Party Advance? If so, I can send mp3 files for those too.
Sound Reaper, as you can see, has given me access to the entire X-2 OST.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone have the password to the pokemonb2w2music YouTube account? If you want to know why, then log on to BrawlBRSTMs2 and read the latest PM from luisvital.

soneek

Smash Ace
Yeah, same as what BrawlBRSTMs was. Also, I'm able to run a nice script while I'm doing stuff, and my school has nice uploading speed, so check that music/mp3 folder when you get a chance. :p

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
Hey guys, is it just me, or is the site having problems playing the brstms? (I'm currently in linux, and since things aren't working 100% for me, it might be that.)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The site isn't even fully ready yet. I mean, it's accessible, but you'll probably have troubles with certain area.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Segtendo

I see. That explains why I can't use the loop player. Will you give me a heads up when it's functional again please? (It's a long story.)

soneek

Smash Ace
I have a day or two before I really get hit with schoolwork. I'll see if there's a way to point out which songs can't be previewed. Maybe something that makes the song name green with a line going through if the MP3 isn't present. (Green just because)

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Soneek

Yeah, when I checked one of the page infos for one of the brstms, it had a greenline on the loopplayer. Think that's the problem?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Basically, Alaric, just be patient and eventually everything will be uploaded. If I'm really honest, don't expect anything before the end of this month, because well, that's only in like 2-3 days, HOWEVER, it shouldn't be too far away, let's say... 2 weeks at the VERY VERY latest .... and if it's later... so help me I will shove a popsicle stick so far up my..... so anyway, soneek, just out of interest, soneek, what IS the upload speed at your school, soneek?

Just incase, that's aimed at soneek. :D

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yay! Also, soneek, when you get the chance to respond, what's the current policy on fan games?

E.g. if a fan game is well known, and it has original music (or fan-made remixes), should we upload music to it? For example, Super Mario Galaxy 2.5? And what about custom music for custom Mario Kart Wii tracks (providing we refer to them as 'custom tracks', and that they are original, or exclusive remixes, and not songs from other games)?

soneek

Smash Ace
@Soneek

Yeah, when I checked one of the page infos for one of the brstms, it had a greenline on the loopplayer. Think that's the problem?
The problem is that a song can only be previewed if the MP3 is up for it. All the BRSTMs will have to be reconverted. For now I can convert everything that's up there, but it'll take some time, and the MP3s won't be properly tagged, since I'd have to do it from my own computer.

Basically, Alaric, just be patient and eventually everything will be uploaded. If I'm really honest, don't expect anything before the end of this month, because well, that's only in like 2-3 days, HOWEVER, it shouldn't be too far away, let's say... 2 weeks at the VERY VERY latest .... and if it's later... so help me I will shove a popsicle stick so far up my..... so anyway, soneek, just out of interest, soneek, what IS the upload speed at your school, soneek?

Just incase, that's aimed at soneek. :D
I should've gotten the picture for you when I was there earlier, but 20 Mbps. :awesome: And then FTP is always faster than what speedtest.net gives...so yeah I was happy with what I was seeing.

Yay! Also, soneek, when you get the chance to respond, what's the current policy on fan games?

E.g. if a fan game is well known, and it has original music (or fan-made remixes), should we upload music to it? For example, Super Mario Galaxy 2.5? And what about custom music for custom Mario Kart Wii tracks (providing we refer to them as 'custom tracks', and that they are original, or exclusive remixes, and not songs from other games)?
If possible we should probably contact the hackers or remixers and ask about it, or at least let them know that we uploaded some of their stuff. "BRSTM Creator" is changed to "BRSTM Submitter" so we'll avoid that confusion now, and I have to make the "Composer(s)" and "Arranger(s)" fields editable just like everything else.

I'm still learning PHP, so it might be a little while before I have stuff working the way we want.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
20 Mbps? My upload speed is merely 1 Mbps.

Also, about the MP3s, the ones I have were all tagged... why didn't you let me upload those? Or is your upload speed the reason? Or am I not getting the point?

Also, this is looking relatively far into the future, but WHEN people discover how to actually rip 3DS music properly, who's going to update and, in the cases of those that haven't been done, make BRSTMs for Mario Kart 7, and other 3DS games like SM3DL that are currently on BCM?

soneek

Smash Ace
Becuase I'd prefer you to upload your BRSTMs rather than waste time with MP3s. The site can be fixed to convert and tag the stuff later, once I get vgmstream executing on it. Unless I install my own version of the site on my computer, run the converting and tagging script, then send those to the public site in the meantime.

Edit: Damn. For some reason my local version keeps redirecting me to the main site. Troubleshooting...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Whenever the site does come back, I'm probably gonna add a section for "Sonic: Before the Sequel," seeing as it has its own soundtrack.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@Soneek

Okay, the brstm you listed there actually plays, so you must have done something right (in the terms of getting it to play). I hope you can apply it to the others soon. Good luck.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/1336

Had to do this manually since the upload script is still broken, but http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/24648
So how's the multiple batch BRSTM bonkers bananas.... sorry I ran out of alliterative words :p

Anyway, how's the BRSTM to YouTube thing that apparently allows multiple BRSTMs to be converted?

ATBVideos1 (aka MrBean35000VRJr) really doesn't like the whole "having to put one BRSTM, wait for that to be done, THEN get another BRSTM, put that in the folder, and so on" thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QcH-PAK6Y4&feature=plcp

Top Bottom