• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I would've helped if I could, but
1. My computer has a 80GB Hard Drive, just enough for its needs and some of my personal files.
1.1. Its sources are worse than a toaster's, it can barely stand by itself (but I love it ;n; )
2. My internet speed is much worse than yourse (you can ask anybody else, they saw my speedtest results), so it would take literally forever if I tried to help with the upload.

I'll help with anything that's in my hands... That means there is nothing I can help with at the moment....

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You know who's fault this is? You lot. No, I mean it. When Moose offered to set up backups on your computers, who honestly volunteered, apart from me? Otherwise, why am I literally the only one that's uploading them?
I didn't do it cuz I don't have enough space on my computer. I also don't have any external hard drives larger than 8GB.

soneek

Smash Ace
Yeah I had no space at the time, hence why I did the 4shared backup. Then I had to delete the brstms and stuff it since I couldn't make once of the payments. :( The site getting wiped was the last thing I expected to happen.

I just picked up a 1 TB drive today, so I'd have plenty of space for future backups there, along with all of my other crap. :p

Would November be a reasonable estimate for having everything uploaded? Lol

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
When the site returns, if you upload your BRSTMs, (making sure they aren't already there), then when the videos are added to the upload queue via some php code(s), your name will be in the description.

TheNintenguy

Smash Rookie
Pardon myself if the question below is an annoyance, ignorant or just stupid.

Whenever the site comes back, do you mind if any user uploads a BRSTM without a REAL name (a cover up for a real name would be something like 00_55 Super Mario Bros.) temporarily? And what if a game doesn't have an official track listing, such as Skyward Sword?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
If it doesn't have an official track listing, just name it what it is in the game. Example: Green Hill in Sonic 1. It doesn't have an official track listing, so just name it as it appears in game.

soneek

Smash Ace
Almost got the database back up on the site. I'll try to finish up some more of it later, and then install the necessary programs. Even though a majority of the songs won't be playable/downloadable, it's better than nothing for now. I think I know enough now to be able to add the "Composer" and "Arranger" fields. :p

Feast your eyes on this...

It's still not safe to make any edits yet, but progress is being made.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
For anyone who admins the Facebook pages, if you want to, add your forum name. :p

Also, what's the answer to the secret question on the BrawlBRSTMs2 account?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Both Soneek and I run the fb fanpage and the Twitter account.
I'll talk to him and see if we add our names somewhere in the descriptions or just leave it like that.
We could even make a list of mods and other members on brawlcustommusic.com

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
For anyone who admins the Facebook pages, if you want to, add your forum name. :p

Also, what's the answer to the secret question on the BrawlBRSTMs2 account?
What IS the secret question? (PM)

Also, soneek, now you've added the fields for composer and arranger, all that needs to be done in that part, is the ability to actually type something there, either when editing or uploading.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also, who here is getting absolutely ****ing FED UP with FFShrine Forums?

Or should I say... PowerSurge?

Seriously, they should just **** off the internet if they can't even be bothered to NOT get hacked so ****ING MUCH!

soneek

Smash Ace
Also, soneek, now you've added the fields for composer and arranger, all that needs to be done in that part, is the ability to actually type something there, either when editing or uploading.
Yeah. The site is still mostly broken lol, so I'll be working on it this week. I did my own backup last night of everything, so at least we'll have more options in case this happens again.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I don't know if you have/need it, but I'm uploading ffmpeg.exe, ffplay.exe and ffprobe.exe
They're all in the "/music/mp3" directory....

TheNintenguy

Smash Rookie
Is it me or is FileZilla REALLY ****ING SLOW?

It takes AGES to re-add the ~98 GB of files to the queue.
There could be a ton of problems. I'm guessing the problem to be a slow FTP. (I could be proven wrong)

Try multiple connections, if said option is available. (Not multiple router connections)

EDIT: I'll edit it later to make more sense and be more elaborate xP

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
No, it's the actual application. I mean simply dragging files into the queue. The uploading is OK, it's when you simply add them to the "to BE uploaded" queue.
Having said that, it turned out it was because I was doing it too soon after I turned my PC on, and if you use Windows, you're probably aware of the annoyingly long time it takes to actually start up.

OK, so it doesn't take long to get to the 'logon' part, and simply logging on is quick, it's the final part, you know? Loading all the background stuff, like, if you have one, some Anti-Virus/Internet Security thing, even your sound... i.e. the volume control and things have to load.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well, according to soneek, via PM:
He's upgrading the OS.

Also, PnF, when you come on here, if you're wondering why I haven't done Mario Party Advance...
I'll be honest.

I don't know.... (i.e. laziness)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Okay.
And I told you. I don't have it anymore. I'd have to re-rip the entire game again.

soneek

Smash Ace
As he said. And TUK, I just need to tweak this program a little bit, and I'll give you the batch to output the song IDs along with the game titles. It'll be easy to rebuild the database afterwards.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I'm wondering why my mailbox doesn't keep me updated of what's happening on this topic... I'll have to modify the subscription a little bit.

Anyway, right now I have 89 BRSTMs ready for upload on my computer, 10 of them being updates. Some of the BRSTMs I've done are higher quality gamerip from a few games (F-Zero's White Land I and II are parts of these gamerips. Thank you Bandicam and Winamp <3)

soneek

Smash Ace
So I wasn't able to get the batch tag exporter working Windows, but I find a nice program that actually does what I need.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

After installing that, add the music/mp3 directory to the program, File->Export, html_mp3tag. Would you mind uploading the exported html file to music/mp3 on the site?

All directed at TUK btw. :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, it's reading.... it's gonna take a little while to go through all 22570 mp3s.

Also, I should point out that there are a small (relatively) number of broken MP3s. If I'm not mistaken, I'd say the reason is that those MP3s did not upload/convert correctly, most likely due to the site/server going down on multiple occasions before the MP3 is fully converted, or those times when, after uploading a BRSTM it was endlessly processing and somehow "didn't exist" or something.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So I wasn't able to get the batch tag exporter working Windows, but I find a nice program that actually does what I need.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

After installing that, add the music/mp3 directory to the program, File->Export, html_mp3tag. Would you mind uploading the exported html file to music/mp3 on the site?

All directed at TUK btw. :p
I actually use that program on my computer to tag MP3's. I love it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, so assuming I put it in the correct place, it should be uploaded.

I won't post the link here for obvious reasons...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, so, tell me if this is good or bad.... when you're ready for me to upload the rest, what if I just drag my entire backup of the music directory, add it to the queue, then, when it asks what to do if a file exist, I set it to skip? So then it'll only upload what hasn't been uploaded?

soneek

Smash Ace
I was planning on having most of it back up, but I forgot to plug in my laptop charger after I got back yesterday. :facepalm:

Would you be able to upload? whatever comes after 18000 in your list? Even though the sorting is weird, we shouldn't overlap. I'll leave this running while I'm out today, so hopefully a lot gets done.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
So have you actually uploaded all BRSTMs (that exist) between 1.brstm and 18000.brstm pretty much?

Anyway, as I said, if I choose to skip ones that are already on uploaded, then the ones you've uploaded will be skipped.

soneek

Smash Ace
So have you actually uploaded all BRSTMs (that exist) between 1.brstm and 18000.brstm pretty much?

Anyway, as I said, if I choose to skip ones that are already on uploaded, then the ones you've uploaded will be skipped.
There might be a some in the 17000s that were never up, but we can always fill in the blanks later. I'm still uploading, and it looks like my computer at home is uploading pretty quickly now. I wouldn't drag and drop everything, cause it would be a waste if you start uploading stuff that I have on my local computer.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But if you upload everything YOU have, then if I upload everything I have as well, then set it to skip anything that's already uploaded, THEN...

It will only upload what's missing. How many times have I mentioned the skipping?

As it currently stands, the brstm directory contains BRSTMs from...
0 to 13461 or so.... then a gap, and then 17396, 17397, 17398 and 17399, followed by another gap, and then 19102, then yet another gap, and then 21046... and a fourth gap, and then 21490.

Are you uploading the ones from about 13400-17300 or so? And what about 17400 - 19101?

Basically, what should I upload? And what about the other directories?
brstm, dailybackup, logos, mp3, request, tmp, update, and the other files:
.htaccess, .rnd, comments.csv, FMP3.swf, Main.xlsx, MP3Play.swf, music.swf, and music2.swf, are these already uploaded?

soneek

Smash Ace
Yes it will skip whatever's there, but I have stuff that's not back up there yet. I have at the stuff up the 17399, so you don't have to start uploading those. That's why I'm saying don't drag everything. You'd be wasting time uploading stuff that's in my upload queue.

I have all of the other stuff, and some mp3s, so you can focus on the BRSTMs.

15:36 EST - 3216 files left in my queue. I had 5200 about 9 hours ago, so it's going pretty smoothly/

Top Bottom