• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

soneek

Smash Ace
Batch video converting coming soon.

Code:
joseph@ubuntu:~/vgmstream/test$ ./test.exe -t 930 -X mdar.brstm
channels: 2
loop start: 831488 samples (18.8546 seconds)
loop end: 10426208 samples (236.4220 seconds)
stream total samples: 10426208 (236.4220 seconds)
encoding: Gamecube "DSP" 4-bit ADPCM
layout: interleave with short last block
interleave: 0x2000 bytes
last block interleave: 0x8e0 bytes
metadata from: Nintendo RSTM header
samples to play: 41012999 (930.0000 seconds)
I haven't done much past the shop themes for City Folk, mainly since I have nowhere to put all of the stuff. Also TUK, would you be able to transfer songs to a flash drive or whatever, and then upload them in sets whenever you're out? I feel like an idiot for not thinking of this earlier lol, but bxaimc mentioned it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Batch video converting coming soon.

Code:
joseph@ubuntu:~/vgmstream/test$ ./test.exe -t 930 -X mdar.brstm
channels: 2
loop start: 831488 samples (18.8546 seconds)
loop end: 10426208 samples (236.4220 seconds)
stream total samples: 10426208 (236.4220 seconds)
encoding: Gamecube "DSP" 4-bit ADPCM
layout: interleave with short last block
interleave: 0x2000 bytes
last block interleave: 0x8e0 bytes
metadata from: Nintendo RSTM header
samples to play: 41012999 (930.0000 seconds)
I haven't done much past the shop themes for City Folk, mainly since I have nowhere to put all of the stuff. Also TUK, would you be able to transfer songs to a flash drive or whatever, and then upload them in sets whenever you're out? I feel like an idiot for not thinking of this earlier lol, but bxaimc mentioned it.
Whenever I'm out? How do you mean? There aren't really any places around here that I could go to with a faster internet connection.

I don't live in the US, you know, so it's 1 Mbps or lower.
Alternatively, somewhere between March and August 2013, it'll be doubled, so I could always just wait until then, but then, I'd probably have them uploaded well before that.
The reason the upload is so slow, is that I don't upload constantly, I only upload when I'm not using the internet a lot (which unfortunately, is rare).

For a current update:
101.922 GB left (39011 files)

Also, what's that in the 'code' tags actually for?

And, for those who know how BRSTMs actually work, what is the 'stream total samples' for? And, are they ever different to the 'loop end'? Every BRSTM I've seen, both these have the same value.

soneek

Smash Ace
I added a new option -t for the total seconds to export a stream at. -X is needed to enable to specific length output. So -t 1800 -X -o output.wav input.brstm will give you a WAV that plays for 1800 seconds. And yes, for BRSTMs, the total numbers is samples is the same as the ending loop point. There are other formats where this can be different though, especially LWAVs.

In LWAVs the loop point are literally marked down inside a WAV file (in most cases). The loop end could be halfway through the actual WAV, so you can have a loop end of 100000 samples, and have 400000 total samples. It varies from format to format.

TheNintenguy

Smash Rookie
Also I have a problem.
I have 107 Final Fantasy XIV SCD files.

They have looping info... but there aren't any converters that support the *.scd format... or are there?

What I'm saying about FFIV is that:

The OST and 2SF should BOTH come under Final Fantasy IV DS, as the OST is for the DS version anyway.

And, just confirm this:
Final Fantasy II (PSX/PSP)
and
Final Fantasy (PSP)

none of these games should be listed, and they should both be merged as Final Fantasy: Origins, right?
Yes, the OST and 2SF of FFIV should go under the same game (FFIV DS), and FFI (PSP) and FFII (PSP/PSX) should go under Origins.

Not to mislead you, it's just that there are so many possible ways (that are correct) for the game names to be done, it's not even funny. -_-

soneek

Smash Ace
Almost done with the batch BRSTM to Youtube thing.

Soul Calibur Legends music that has been extended to play for 15 and a half minutes. This song loops between 0:1.3 and 0:33.3.
I have to fix it so that it shows 01, 02, etc. for the seconds for anything less than 10. It's easy to do, but I'm most likely gonna pass out before I build it lol. Also, I don't know how to get the new line function working with the video description, though I might be able to play around with the source code later. That's why the loop info is displayed the way it is. By the end of the day, I should have this thing out to the mods.

This thing will go either really fast, or really slow depending on your overall computer and internet speed. It's something to start if you're heading out or doing something else. Definitely not worth watching everything process.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yes, the OST and 2SF of FFIV should go under the same game (FFIV DS), and FFI (PSP) and FFII (PSP/PSX) should go under Origins.

Not to mislead you, it's just that there are so many possible ways (that are correct) for the game names to be done, it's not even funny. -_-
So basically, there should be no "Final Fantasy: The Complete Collection" section at all, on a count of it just being a duplicate of Final Fantasy IV DS and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Almost done with the batch BRSTM to Youtube thing.

I have to fix it so that it shows 01, 02, etc. for the seconds for anything less than 10. It's easy to do, but I'm most likely gonna pass out before I build it lol. Also, I don't know how to get the new line function working with the video description, though I might be able to play around with the source code later. That's why the loop info is displayed the way it is. By the end of the day, I should have this thing out to the mods.

This thing will go either really fast, or really slow depending on your overall computer and internet speed. It's something to start if you're heading out or doing something else. Definitely not worth watching everything process.
Pass out? You mean you're going to faint and stuff?

j/k

So, does this mean that I will finally be able to drag a load of BRSTMs (from a single game), and then have it automatically make videos for multiple BRSTMs with the current 'image.png'?

soneek

Smash Ace
Pass out? You mean you're going to faint and stuff?

j/k

So, does this mean that I will finally be able to drag a load of BRSTMs (from a single game), and then have it automatically make videos for multiple BRSTMs with the current 'image.png'?
I've been awake for the past 30 hours, and I'm still taking care of some stuff. >.> I'm gonna be hibernating later lol.

Yeah, one image.png, and as many songs from that game as you want. It'll take some time though since it only does one song at a time, though I might be able to change that later...I got the time format working correctly now, but should I have 2 digits for the min by default? So we could end up having a loop start of 02:07.8.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
With minutes, it should be OK.

2:07.8 is fine.... if not better than 02:07.8

Also, I've done some FFVI BRSTMs (using the OSV)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Thanks?

This is why I blocked him:

pinhead2778 said:
Can you help me? How do you make your videos private? Well for another channel I wanna have backup like you do.
BrawlBRSTMs2 said:
*fakepalm* Before I answer that question, do you even know HOW to upload videos to both your channels? Do you even know WHAT you're doing? You DO realise you have to manually upload each video twice, on each account, don't you? Or do I have to parlez en Francais? When you upload a video, there's a thing that says "Privacy Settings". Click on the menu, and you'll get "Public", "Unlisted" or "Private". You only get Unlisted if you don't have any strikes. If you have any strikes then you will only be able to make videos Public or Private.
pinhead2778 said:
Hmm okay. And what I do know how to upload.....? I was just saying like a backup or something. With marking all my lists private and then making them public on the next channel.
pinhead2778 said:
How do I convert a BRSTMs into an MP3?
BrawlBRSTMs2 said:
Can someone actually treat this baby how to do something? Seriously.... do you even know WHAT YOU'RE DOING? You can't just MAGICALLY make your videos appear on your other channel. You have to manually upload EACH VIDEO twice. ON EACH channel. Do you even understand that? Look, we're not going to just MAKE your videos upload for you. You have to upload your own. If you want your own videos on both channels, upload them on both channels. Please stop treating us as your "mother". If you really have to rely on us for everything, you might as well ask us to put your food on your fork and feed you. "Here comes the airplane".
pinhead2778 said:
You have Soul Cailbur? Didn't notice until now. And I'm gonna look up that stuff myself and fine.
pinhead2778 said:
Sorry for being a pain in the ***. But I'm finding everything now. I'm working on the BRSTMs and just waiting for requests and the site to come back up. And I hope you'll accept what I have in the upcoming months to come. And can I send you a song from an Album I want. I saw Mario Super Sluggers but where is Mario Superstar Baseball the on efrom the GameCube. And yes I ****ing know to Google everything.

bxaimc

Smash Rookie
Lol what an idiot. If you know how to google then why are you asking so many obvious questions? :p

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
^Exactly. That's why everyone was fed up with him. He didn't seem to understand anything he said, and had a weird-*** way of speaking English.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't say that..... :p

To be honest, some may say that 'BrawlBRSTMs' is at the... whatever the opposite of apex is... of politeness.

Also, guess how many Mario Party Advance BRSTMs I've made... in total.

I'll give you a clue.... if you took the number of hours in half a day, from the total number of months in a calendar year, you'd get this number.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
^Exactly. That's why everyone was fed up with him. He didn't seem to understand anything he said, and had a weird-*** way of speaking English.
Lol... how on Earth can you not understand yourself? Only pinhead. Seriously.... he was expecting us to automatically upload videos to his channels.... or something? And that's my point, I don't know. Was he expecting the videos on his account to magically appear on his other account? I said that he needs to upload everything manually twice, (once for each account), and where did "****ing knowing how to Google" even come in to it? I didn't mention Google.... Let's be honest... does he even know WHAT Google is?

pinhead2778 said:
Of course I know what Google is. What do you take me for? I mean it's.. it's a kind of cake?

TheNintenguy

Smash Rookie
No, you're missing the whole point here guise. Google being similar to or relating to cake is math and english in one. For example, YouTube=pie. So that means Brawlcustommusic is an apple. It also teaches us that various websites are in fact equal to or have the same meaning as foods. You guise need to see the true meaning behind his wise words.Brawl Custom Music Hub, I am disappoint.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Lol... how on Earth can you not understand yourself? Only pinhead. Seriously.... he was expecting us to automatically upload videos to his channels.... or something? And that's my point, I don't know. Was he expecting the videos on his account to magically appear on his other account? I said that he needs to upload everything manually twice, (once for each account), and where did "****ing knowing how to Google" even come in to it? I didn't mention Google.... Let's be honest... does he even know WHAT Google is?
Erk. I meant to say "He didn't seem to understand anything WE said.

soneek

Smash Ace
After I catch up on some sleep, I wanna try to finish the video tagging feature for this thing, and see if I can have automatic playlisting. I'm too lazy to manually do this stuff, but not too lazy to code it...meh lol.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I meant because your script makes the MP3s 256 kbps, but the original one on the site has them at something like 128-160 kbps

And also, it keeps failing... occasionally... you know.

And also the loop points added to the descriptions :D

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone know where I can get good quality Final Fantasy soundtracks?

I have already done BRSTMs for Final Fantasy VI, IX and XI (6, 9, and 11 for those who fail at roman rumerals)

I also have SOME (not all) tracks from:
Final Fantasy XI Chains of Promathia Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy XI Original Soundtrack -PLUS-
Final Fantasy XI Rise of the Zilart Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy XI Treasures of Aht Urghan Original Soundtrack
Final Fantasy XI Unreleased Tracks
Final Fantasy XI Wings of the Goddess Original Soundtrack

I also have Piano Collections and 8th Anniversary Memories of Dusk and Dawn (both, also Final Fantasy XI)

So I'll need the Final Fantasy XI expansion OSTs as not all the tracks are there (I don't think).

Which Final Fantasy games actually use "looped streams" like XIV? Because I don't want to download the FFXII soundtrack and then spend time making BRSTMs when they're practically already available in a streamed format and just requires converting to BRSTM.

Also I have I, II and III, and IV so basically,
I need any FF soundtracks EXCEPT:

Final Fantasy I (NES)
Final Fantasy II (NES)
Final Fantasy III (NES)
Final Fantasy IV (SNES)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
Final Fantasy IX (PS)
Final Fantasy XI (PS2)

Remember, the above is what I DO have, not what I need. Basically, I need V, VII, VIII, X, and maybe XII if that doesn't use streams.

Alternatively, would it be OK to use PSF2 or PSF files?

I have downloaded PSF/PSF2 files for VII, VIII, X, XII and the expansion packs of XI.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Are the PSF2s OK though? They're smaller in size, and don't take long to download. Also, I don't like the whole 'downloading each file indvidually' thing.

Also, is it safe to upload Final Fantasy XIV to the channel?

Also, should I put "Final Fantasy XIV" or "Final Fantasy XIV Online"?

For the first one I added the 'Online'.

Also, does anyone know what this is called?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQS6_3kQClg

Also, TNG, you know you said how to put all XI's expansion packs under the same title, i.e. Chains of Promathia, Rise of Zilart, etc?

I just realised/found out that Fighters of the Crystal, which is in Theatrhythm under 'Final Fantasy XI', is actually from XI: Rise of the Zilart, so yeah.

That means, Final Fantasy XI, when I've done the expansion packs, should have a total of about 137 BRSTMs.

soneek

Smash Ace
I meant because your script makes the MP3s 256 kbps, but the original one on the site has them at something like 128-160 kbps

And also, it keeps failing... occasionally... you know.

And also the loop points added to the descriptions :D
The preview MP3s are 160, and I'd rather leave it at that for lower file sizes. I'll change the video audio to 256 for future uploads though. For the failing part, I'll have to look at the outputs of the failed uploads and troubleshoot from there. Of course I'll have to learn more about PHP first, but I'll see if I can work on that once we have the site running again.

I'm still pretty busy throughout this week, mostly out all the time. I'll most likely have the manual script completed Saturday or earlier.

PSF2's are fine for some games. It's good to compare it to the OST for quality though.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I'll compare the XI EXPs to what I have got from the OSTs.... (I'm going to be ironic and say that I was too lazy to say Final Fantasy XI Expansion Packs, because by saying I'm too lazy to say that, I'm.... saying it anyway... :p)

TheNintenguy

Smash Rookie
I got FFV, FFVIII, FFIII DS (OSV), and FFIV DS (OSV) BRSTMs finished, this is much more complicated than it should be, so i'm just gonna leave it at that -_-. I ripped Mega Man X4 and X5, and the streams just fade from end to start (it's a very quick fade), so why not just loop it like the game does.

Also, why are you guys sooooo against SNES rips?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Who said anything about being against SNES rips? Assuming you mean SPCs?

The only thing I have against them, is that they are so ****ing quiet, and IMPOSSIBLE to actually make loud enough to even be worth being custom music for the purposes of Brawl.... without completely distorting and ****ing the quality. Other than that, I don't know.

Since you've done 5, 8, 3 DS, and 4 DS, I can do anything that hasn't been done, then? I.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, and 12 (if any are available)?

Also, it turned out I had pretty much all (but a very small number) of the XI expansion OSTs.

The only ones I'm missing are most of the XI PLUS OST, and maybe a couple from one of the OSTs. Other than that, I'm making BRSTMs from all 4 expansions, as well as The Star Onions, and Unreleased Tracks

Should I do the 8th Anniversary Memories of Dusk and Dawn, and/or Piano Collections soundtracks as well?

TheNintenguy

Smash Rookie
Who said anything about being against SNES rips? Assuming you mean SPCs?

The only thing I have against them, is that they are so ****ing quiet, and IMPOSSIBLE to actually make loud enough to even be worth being custom music for the purposes of Brawl.... without completely distorting and ****ing the quality. Other than that, I don't know.

Since you've done 5, 8, 3 DS, and 4 DS, I can do anything that hasn't been done, then? I.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, and 12 (if any are available)?

Also, it turned out I had pretty much all (but a very small number) of the XI expansion OSTs.

The only ones I'm missing are most of the XI PLUS OST, and maybe a couple from one of the OSTs. Other than that, I'm making BRSTMs from all 4 expansions, as well as The Star Onions, and Unreleased Tracks

Should I do the 8th Anniversary Memories of Dusk and Dawn, and/or Piano Collections soundtracks as well?
If you have SNESamp, and have the most beneficial settings, that WON'T become a problem WITH MOST GAMES. (such as the fabled amplification shifts every so often, which can be avoided). But I digress.

Just so you don't waste any time on some stuff, I've done II (origins), III (DS OSV), IV (DS OSV, OST and SNES[SNES is being updated]), V (SNES), and VIII. You better do X if I don't, I was requested to do so :p. I think muggshotter said he was going to take on XII, but don't take my word for it.

Edit for everyone's favorite maverick:"BURN, BURN, BURN TO THE GROUND! B-BURN, BURN..."

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well I've already done all of the IX OST, and the XI OST, and I've also done the VI OSV, and I'm in the middle of doing the rest of XI (expansions, and unreleased tracks OSTs)

I can do FFX as well. Do you know where to get good quality FFX OSTs, that don't require you to manually download each file separately? I.e. preferably as a RAR (or split RARs).

Also, II Origins was already uploaded on BCM, under "Final Fantasy II (PSX/PSP)" or something. Like I said, Final Fantasy: Origins is already up (although I'm not sure if ALL the songs are done, but a lot have). They're just separately under "Final Fantasy (PSP)" and "Final Fantasy II (PSX/PSP)", which is why, when the site's back, and assuming I'm still an administrator, or whoever gets round to it, one of us can just merge the two. Remove the videos, and then upload/replace the logo, with the 'Origins' logo and re-upload the videos.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
If you have SNESamp, and have the most beneficial settings, that WON'T become a problem WITH MOST GAMES. (such as the fabled amplification shifts every so often, which can be avoided). But I digress.

Just so you don't waste any time on some stuff, I've done II (origins), III (DS OSV), IV (DS OSV, OST and SNES[SNES is being updated]), V (SNES), and VIII. You better do X if I don't, I was requested to do so :p. I think muggshotter said he was going to take on XII, but don't take my word for it.

Edit for everyone's favorite maverick:"BURN, BURN, BURN TO THE GROUND! B-BURN, BURN..."
Also, about the "not loud enough"? What I mean is, if you use SNESAmp, output to WAV (yes at this point I've already done the correct settings so that the amplification is constant), by default, at 0 dB it's too quiet.

Then you use Audacity, to amplify it to the maximum... and it's .... MUCH louder... yet, at the same time, despite being MUCH louder, it's still "FAR" too quiet. And you have to literally amplify it beyond just simple clipping to make it work. And no, compression doesn't help, since I don't want "loud parts quiet and quiet parts loud", since it just sounds like someone's turning the volume down on the loud parts and sounds awkward.

Also, soneek, how are you getting the loop points in the description? Are you typing them out manually, or what?

soneek

Smash Ace

soneek

Smash Ace
Lol yeah that was back when I was backing up stuff at school. I regret not keeping that 4shared backup now, :/

TUK, I just got a crazy idea. I need to buy an external hard drive anyway, so what if I have it shipped to you, you backup the entire music folder on there, then ship it back to me? With me covering the expenses of course.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hmm.... I'm not sure <_<

I live with my grandparents and mother (don't ask <_<), and I don't drive, and I can say for a fact they wouldn't like it. Me getting a hard drive is OK, they'd just assume I got it from Amazon or something... but the whole sending it back, they might find that weird, and.... well... it's hard to explain, but I'm sure they wouldn't like the whole thing...

So, it's just slow uploads or nothing. :(

Yeah, unfortunately your idea was too crazy. It could have worked but then, it's unlikely to have.

Also, I have a 3 TB external hard drive.... but it cost me a fair amount of money, so I couldn't even ship that to you either.

You know who's fault this is? You lot. No, I mean it. When Moose offered to set up backups on your computers, who honestly volunteered, apart from me? Otherwise, why am I literally the only one that's uploading them?

Top Bottom