• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Okay. I now have an account on the site. I'm just not sure how to get started. Can someone help?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
As we said yesterday, why SHOULD she worry about you having an account? You're not going to be in any harm are you? All you can do is basically upload BRSTMs. Also, yeah, when Soneek has finished his tutorial, read it and see if it helps.

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
The computer in our house's Media Room is broken, and the only one working is her's. And she doesn't want me clogging up her CPU's data with BRSTM downloads.

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
someone over facebook said:
Please add More Music from FF XIII-2 and FF IV the After Years. I really want to listen to Paradgrim shift and Mysterious girl battle.
BCM said:
We'll see what we can do about that. Remember we still have to look for a high-quality source to properly make them. I'm pretty sure they'll be done shortly.
Thanks, where can I donate?
Tempted to say "We are not allowed to post a Link for donations at this moment. We'll contact you if I am given the permission" but not sure about the contacting part...

That said, any good FF source? I may make them during this weekend, but I am lazy to find the source.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Downloading files converted from files that were downloaded anyway? Why not ask if posting in this forum is illegal while you're at it.

Also, can someone delete Cake's BRSTM I posted earlier? His version has a fade-out and then starts again suddenly, and awkwardly. There's a better version uploaded which is more seamless.

I'm uploading 4 Turok 2: Seeds of Evil BRSTMs I made from the soundtrack/PC version.
They are all rather long, and rather large.
River of Souls is 5:07, and 14.7 MB
The Death Marshes is 10:28, and 30.2 MB
The Lair of the Blind Ones is 7:12, and 20.7 MB
And The Hive of the Mantids is 11:26, and 33.0 MB

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
CakeLazor's BRSTM you mentioned. It isn't "E to S." I like the loop he made for it.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I'm making the BRSTM of the Airwolf TV Show Theme. I actually found 2 versions of this song (one that is almost 3 minutes long, while the other is over 4 minutes long), but I prefer the former, as it sounds more 80-90ish, and I like that =p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
There's also a fan-made extended version here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTb_5oPqCys -- unfortunately the MP3 has been deleted from the filehost.

Also, the one Cake did, Seg, it fades out, but then just repeats at about 3:55.
The part at 3:40 is the same as the part at 3:55. The reason it should be deleted is that the OTHER one, that loops at 3:40 loops at 3:40. Cake's version fades out after 3:40, where it loops at 3:55. And the part at 3:55 is exactly the same as 3:40, making those last 15 seconds pointless.

Compare:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/21702
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/21009

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Meh, I prefer the original. Or the Airwolf 2 game on the Amstrad CPC version.

The reason I'm doing this song as a BRSTM is because of the last review of the "Joueur du Grenier". It's like the AVGN in french. I love his reviews :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well opinions are opinions.

Now here's a challenge. I DARE you (anyone who can) to make a BRSTM of "Oblivion" from Turok 2: Seeds of Evil from the USF set.

Note, you will need to time them yourselves since they aren't timed, so go by the default USF length of 3:05 or whatever.

I'll give you a clue as to where the loop might be.
It's longer than 2 hours. :D

GOOD LUCK! Muwahahaha!

Also, on a similar note, the Menu from Super Smash Bros is similar, because it has multiple loops for each channel, which therefore, start at different times. You'll notice when one tune plays for the 2nd loop, it'll sound different each time.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
It's like one of the songs you've mentionned from that Kid Icarus Gameboy game a while ago. How lenghty was it ? 1 billion year or something of the sort ? :laugh:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
@TUK
Oh. Didn't know it was a duplicate.

My next project is to seek out songs used in Sonic 1 Megamix and find the game a song is from. Example, Shadow's super theme comes from Columns III and Mighty's super theme is from some baseball game on the Genesis. Whatever game it comes from, I'm gonna loop all of that game's music. I've gone through the sound test and downloaded the sets from Project2612.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Has anyone ever listened to Depot from Goldeneye (64), and noticed that there's a small "Marimba" that plays a constant single tune (consisting of two notes in harmony) exactly on the beat, with an echo every half-beat, but sometimes it's playing sometimes it isn't?

Well, I finally found what seems to be the full loop of that song.

How I done it? Well, I first used the N64MIDITool to find the tempo of the song (130 beats per minute), then I converted that to 'bars/measures per minute', for simplicity, which is 32.5 bars (i.e. 32 bars + 2 beats) per minute.

I then used this to work out the length of each bar (4 beats), which is 1.846 seconds.

THEN, I listened to the Depot for some time (setting the USF to go for 1 hour so I have plenty of room to search), and listened carefully to when this Marimba tune plays (for those who don't know what I mean, it's the VERY first thing you here for the first couple of seconds).
For what would seem like 2 loops (up to about 4:22 in length) there isn't a clear pattern, but after that, there's a pattern, in which the marimba melody starts and stops, in total, every 1 minute and 24.923 seconds. Therefore, I used Excel, and starting from 4:22.154, when the tune apparently loops for the 2nd time, i.e. when the rest of the tune loops, I then calculated the time every 1:24.923 periods. I.e.:
4:22.154, 5:47.077, 7:12.000, 8:36.923 etc. -- each of these times is when the marimba part starts playing.

I then used Excel to calculate when each loop of the rest of the song would start, which is every 2:05.538 (2 minutes, 5.538 seconds).

Then, I simply used some formula to find the next time in which BOTH parts would start, i.e. when everything starts at the same time. And I must warn you, it's very long.

The precise loop is from 4:22.154 to 1:40:36.923 (that's 1 hour, 40 minutes, 36.923 seconds).

I'm going to see how long it takes to make the BRSTM, and see how large it is :D

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Being almost 2 hours long, I HIGHLY doubt it'll be able to be uploaded to BCM... the only way we could do that, is if we butcher the quality by resampling. Since all BRSTMs are 100 kbps, and therefore, it's purely the sample rate that will be able to change the size.

Currently, at 22047 Hz, this ridiculously long 1 hour, 40 minutes and 36 seconds long BRSTM, has a file size of.... *drumroll* 145 megabytes.

Therefore, to keep it within what I believe is the maximum file size that you can upload, which is 50 MB, it'd have to be resampled to no MORE than a ridiculous 7597 Hz.

Let's see how bad it sounds.

Just out of curiosity... what exactly IS the maximum limit for uploading BRSTMs?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But I wanted to see it say "100:36" or something, and make people go... oh lol, there's a BRSTM that's on for 100 min-- *suddenly realises* ONE HUNDRED MINUTES???? *Gasp*

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
For the record, Cake's BRSTM is the original. The NEWER version of the Great Sea remix/cover has a better loop, because Cake's version fades out then suddenly starts again.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I hate you Darren ****ING Mitchell!

Oblivion from Turok 2: Seeds of Evil.
MAKE A BRSTM THAT LOOPS PERFECTLY!

Seriously, just try, and see how IMPOSSIBLE it is.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
That new Rainbow Road mashup thing that Segatendo uploaded, if it loops properly, it's a shame he uploaded it under "Other"... because it won't be onYouTube :(

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
IT's OK, but I already have the GBS, which is even better quality. I've had WAVs sitting here, I just haven't made any BRSTMs, since I started doing Perfect Dark BRSTMs, and then did some of the PC versions of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil BRSTMs, from the Violence Killer Turok: New Generation Original Sountrack -- Violence Killer Turok 2: New Generation is the Japanese name for Turok 2: Seeds of Evil.

Also someone wants Turning Back is a Mistake from Valkyrie Profile 2...

soneek

Smash Ace
What's with people not renaming their stuff when they upload? A few of them leave the track numbers...

soneek

Smash Ace
I saw that thread about the GSF timing over at HCS, so I've been getting through Fire Emblem: TSS pretty easily. A loop length feature would be pretty nice though. I'll check the source code for gsfopt later and see if there's any way to do it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Are you referring to my post in the topic about looping USFs (N64), where I said:
"Also on the subject of looping, how does the looping work in SPC Timer or gsfopt? Because sometimes when I use it, and time it for 2 loops, I'll get unusual loops. Most of the time, it's accurate, so for example, it'll time Wildflower Fields from Wario Land 4 to about 4:44 for 2 loops (not counting the fade out), but other times, I'll get really odd times, such as for example, it timed Toxic Landfill at over 12 minutes for 2 loops, and I know for a fact that even 6 minutes is longer than 2 loops, so this is like 3 times longer than it needs to be.

Also, is it possible to get the loop start of a gsf? Like in SPC, it says the length, the intro and the loop (e.g. if it's 50 seconds in length, and there's a 10 second into, it'll say the loop is 40 seconds as you know). Is it possible to get this in a gsf, as well as the total length of a loop?"?

Top Bottom