• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Seg, please don't say damn it. I don't want to have my mom and dad come home and scold me. *shivers* I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

:phone:

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Puzzle Bobble. It's a puzzle game made by Taito that features its two mascots: Bubblun and Bobblun the Bubble Dragons.

LolCakeLazors

Smash Cadet
Alaric is the one that said Star Wars.

And I'm guessing because it goes against your parent's religious beliefs. I wonder what would happen if I said Harry Potter?

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Nothing. That's a book series. Besides, I'm allowed to read that, I just don't like the book series as much as the movie series.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Puzzle Bobble. It's a puzzle game made by Taito that features its two mascots: Bubblun and Bobblun the Bubble Dragons.

Right, I jsut remembered the dance-ish game was Bust-a-Groove....
Both are called Bust-a-Move in Japan, tho...
***goes to work on BaG BRSTMs*** I hope to find a good source.

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Don't do any of the BaG BRSTMs. I don't like dancing games that much except for DDR: Mario Mix.

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
I just don't like games that have you move around a lot. It makes you exhausted really quick, really fast.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Seg, please don't say damn it. I don't want to have my mom and dad come home and scold me. *shivers* I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.
You get in trouble for something I say?
That doesn't seem fair.
Besides, I can say what I want.

Can we stop talking about Star Wars right now? I don't really like that series.
You don't like Star Wars?
That stinks. I enjoy it a lot.
I just don't like games that have you move around a lot. It makes you exhausted really quick, really fast.
There are beginning difficulties, ya know...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, PnF, please don't tell us what we should be discussing. Just because YOU don't like Star Wars, it does NOT mean we have no right in discussing it. And we should NOT have to not be able to do BRSTMs for games just because you don't like them. I don't like COD games, but not only are there BRSTMs, but I even MADE the BRSTMs for Modern Warfare 2, AND Black Ops!

Also... we got a PM from the Community Manager of Reverge Labs, the people behind Skullgirls, asking us to put links to the official soundtrack in the descriptions, which I've done.

Also, Segtendo, nothing much but you mis-tagged a couple of Mario Kart Wii songs -- I've already renamed them but:
2nd and 3rd Place, and 4th or Lower should have been 2nd - 5th Place, and 6th or Lower respectively (remember, there are 12 players).

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Oh. Thanks TUK. I guess I was used to the other Mario Karts' ranking system :p

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That OST is amazing.... too bad apple stuff is too hard to get over here.
Also, the prices....

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh. Thanks TUK. I guess I was used to the other Mario Karts' ranking system :p
But then, 6th or Lower isn't completely accurate.... because it's only 6th or Lower if there are 12 players.
If you're playing say, with 5 players, then it obviously can't play 6th or Lower, so as I said on video comment just now, should I rename the "6th or Lower" ones as "Bad" as in "Bad Ranking" and "Bad Ranking + [Bad] Results", and the "2nd - 5th" as "Good Ranking" and "Good Ranking + [Good] Results" respectively?

LolCakeLazors

Smash Cadet
TUK, mind if I edit the names accordingly to the OST and put their ingame names in parentheses?

EDIT: nvm, did it the other way around. Ex: Main Titles (Pedestrians Crossing)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Sure... I don't own the site :p Technically you can do what you want with your BRSTMs that you've made as far as I'm concerned.

Also according to HCS64's USF site (which hasn't been updated since December 4th, 2009 :O), the following game rips have NOT been timed (i.e. these ones will be more interesting since usually, with the timed ones, you assume the loop would generally be around half way, or at least no earlier than half-way):

• 007: The World is Not Enough (Tagged and Numbered)
  • 64 Card Collection - Alice's Exciting Card World (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • AeroGauge (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Automobili Lamboughini (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Blues Brothers 2000 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Body Harvest (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Bust-A-Move '99 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered) -- this is basically Bust-A-Move 3
  • Carmageddon 64 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Clay Fighter 63 1/3 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Doom 64 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Earthworm Jim 3D (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Eikou no St. Andrews (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • F-1 World Grand Prix (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Fire Electric Pen (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Gex 64: Enter the Gecko (Tagged and Numbered)
  • Harvest Moon 64 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Hybrid Heaven (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • International Superstar Soccer 64 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • John Romero's Daikatana (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Killer Instinct Gold (Tagged but Not Numbered)
  • Last Legion UX (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Lode Runner 3-D (Tagged but Not Numbered)
  • Mace: the Dark Age (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Mortal Kombat 4 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Namco Museum (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Nintama Rantaro 64 Game Galley (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Onegai Monster (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Penny Racers (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Pokemon Puzzle League (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Pokemon Stadium 2 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Quake (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Quake II (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Robotech: Crystal Dreams (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Rocket: Robot on Wheels (Tagged but Not Numbered)
  • Shadow Man (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Sim City 2000 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Super Bowling (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Tamagotchi World! 64 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Top Gear Overdrive (Tagged and Numbered)
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Tagged and Numbered)
  • Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Turok: Rage Wars (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 (Not Tagged and Not Numbered)
  • WCS vs. nWo: World Tour (Tagged and Numbered)
  • Wetrix (Tagged and Numbered)

Note: "Tagged" simply means they've been given names. "Numbered" means they've been numbered so that they appear in a certain order, like a soundtrack. If a game says "Not Tagged" it means it simply has the original file name. If it says "Not Numbered", then the rip will be in alphabetical order, and there'll be no specific order that they go in.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The things that the PHP script will do to videos:

If you update the song name or description, it will automatically rename the video, and change the description.

If you update the game name, it will rename ALL the videos for that game, AND rename the playlist, and edit the descriptions of all the videos and of the playlist itself.

Now what we REALLY need, is this:
When you update a BRSTM, the PHP script should combine the "remove video" and "upload video" in that order, so that when you actually Approve (not just upload) an update, it should automatically remove the video and re-upload it with the updated BRSTM.

Note, this should only work for APPROVE, not UPDATE. I.e. simply updating the BRSTM and uploading a new BRSTM shouldn't do it, but going to Pending and approving the update should remove and re-upload he video.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
TUK, mind if I edit the names accordingly to the OST and put their ingame names in parentheses?

EDIT: nvm, did it the other way around. Ex: Main Titles (Pedestrians Crossing)
Imo, they should keep the original name only: more accurate and less space-consuming. Ex: "Pedestrians Crossing"
*Interested because I have to edit them as well*

And I am checking all of the other names, too (I was converting every song, not only the ones of the main stages)

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Wait. TUK, what did you mean when you said Bust-A-Move '99? What happened with that?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Bust-A-Move '99 (aka Bust-A-Move 3, or a remake of that game)? The USF rip at http://usf.hcs64.com does not have any tags (e.g. there's no proper names like "Title" or whatever), there are no timers (in other words, the lengths haven't been sorted), and they aren't ordered in a sensible way, such as chronologically (e.g. starting with 'Title' and ending with any 'Ending' or 'Credits' or whatever).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I don't know.

Also, I suspended Hedgehogman1 from BCM. It might sound harsh, but he uploaded a load of Diddy Kong Racing music which just started at 0. Now there's no way that ALL the songs loop from 0, and the fact that the lengths are clearly twice as long as normal, e.g. over 3 minutes, when it should be about 1 and a half.
It clearly says that you shouldn't upload BRSTMs that don't loop properly. So if they're too lazy to loop them properly, why should we have to waste time rejecting all those unlooped BRSTMs?

Think about it, this way. When you play a video game, does the music fade out and restart? No. It just continuously loops.

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Actually, on Bust-A-Move 2 on the N64, the music does fade out and restart. But, I see your point. Just denie any BRSTMs starting at 0 and don't loop.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But sometimes they do loop at 0, so if there are any mods, actually check. If you are personally aware of the length of a song, and it is clearly far longer and has a loop of 0, then just reject it. For example, Bob-omb Battlefield would loop from about 5-6 seconds to about 1 minute, 15-16 seconds, so if there was a BRSTM for that song which started at 0, and ended at say over 2 minutes, there'd be 3 reasons to reject it:
1. It clearly doesn't loop the short intro
2. It's clearly far longer than it needs to be
3. It's already on the site :p

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
I think I got that now. Okay, can anyone upload any more BRSTMs for Mario Party 4 and add Mario Party 5 to the site?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Streamed audio is basically like an MP3, WAV, or BRSTM. Where the music is literally recorded as sound. Where as sequenced is recorded as... sequenced audio :p

As I said, streamed is like real audio that's recorded.
Sequenced is like "At 0:00, play this note for this long". It's like "a code that says how long to play a certain note at what time".

Compare 'streamed' with a real instrument or MP3, and sequenced with a MIDI.

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Okay, that helps. Still, I don't want to do it because I might screw something up. I'm not really good at making my own music.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@PnFfan101

What's stopping you from finding online tutorials to help you with that? Plus, Soneek is making a brstm tutorial for the site so you can go there for some tips once it's done.

Top Bottom