• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Oh right...

Also, we have 3 PMs on the YouTube channel. 2 by the same guy.

And they all have the same message. I'll give you the gist of it, in my own words, using their language.

"omg ur vidz r awsum omg if u want moar subscribaz go to subgrow.com omg lololol"

So, should I block the idiots?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've been pondering...
I think we should put Sonic 4: Episode 2's music up on the channel. I mean, people have already uploaded its music to Youtube and SEGA hasn't done a thing yet. Why not us?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Remember when I uploaded Sonic 4: Episode 1 music in May 2010 to my channel? Remember the game didn't come out until October, so this was 5 months before it came out. I almost instantly got a copyright claim for all 4 videos, from Sega of Europe...

Should we risk it? I mean if we get a strike, we'll still have one more strike left before suspension.

The only trouble is... how will people know to go to BrawlBRSTMs2?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
If you want, TUK, you can add Skullgirls to the queue. I added a logo for it today.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yay! Also tomorrow, I'll make some Mario Tennis BRSTMs.

Wait... is The Skullgirl vs Bloody Marie REALLY that long, i.e does it REALLY take 6 minutes before it loops? Heck there are 2 other songs which have fairly long loops... but then long loops are awesome... you've seen Turok 2's ridiculously long loops right?

I don't see an option to add videos though... and the logo is not in the logos directory, meaning you haven't uploaded it.
It should be 1103.png

Also can you rename 804.PNG to 804.png? I can't add those videos either...

Finally, if you find any logos:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/458

And maybe this:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/576

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Shock!

Also, why is it that sometimes videos some how "match third-party content" that seemingly has nothing to do with them?

For examples:
Bonus - Yoshi - New Super Mario Bros. Wii Music Extended MAY include content from
"Sin Alcohol (Escucha Este Sonido una Vez Al Día Hasta Tu Sanació", musical composition administered by:
Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society

Mario's Theme - Paper Mario Music Extended MAY include content from "London Music Works-Ground Theme (From "Super Mario Bros.")", sound recording administered by:
Koch Entertainment

I'm sorry, but I think it's YOUR thing that "may include the following copyrighted content":
"Super Mario Bros. Main Theme" sound recording administered by:
Nintendo, Koji Kondo, and whatever!

But then you get stupid things like:
Merry Go Round from SM64, contains Giving You Up (Karaoke) by Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society

File Select from Super Mario Galaxy contains Wanna See Me Lightyears Away by... guess who... MPRCS!

Oh look! Freeze! from Paper Mario contains content from "Sheltering-Offering" by MPRCS?

What's next? Boss from Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II contains content from Never Gonna Give You Up?

For those with access to BrawlBRSTMs (i.e. DS77, Segtendo, Flame, Linkshot, soneek, etc): http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_copyright?pi=0

I'm PRETTY sure Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society are... forgive my language... a bunch of mother****ing copyright stealing ****ing *****.

I mean what is their mission?

"Our mission is to file copyright claims so that ads will be placed onto certain videos, and we will be able to make money off of them. We do not seek to have anyone's videos blocked in certain countries or disabled altogether, all we are trying to do is make a bit of money. That's not so bad, is it?"

I believe this can be referred to as a certain 5 letter word beginning with F, and almost rhyming with the word 'lord'. Yes, that's right FRAUD

We merely upload videos of possibly copyrighted video game music, but we don't CLAIM the copyright of them and try and get money. Can they GET any more illegal? Well they COULD storm Nintendo HQ and take over the entire company or something, by murdering all the employees in an unprovoked and completely barbaric ruthless manner.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OMG! There's an eerie purple substance called Strong Bad lurking here... oooooooooooooooooooooh! *fake scary ghost howl*

Also, I'm so hungry.. I'm so glad Cake is here ... OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!

But anyway, who agrees that Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society should be shut down and murdered?

Getting a claim from RealFaction on something that belongs to him? It's annoying, but it's understandable.

Getting a claim from pricks that have no RIGHT, and getting money off of it? **** OFF!

Also for the sake of it, the last time Moosehunter was active on these forums was March 19, 2012 (about 5 weeks ago).

The last post he made on Smash World was on January 11, 2012:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13918879#post13918879

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also Seg, as I said, you need to rename 804.PNG to 804.png -- somehow having the png in capitals doesn't make it work, since on /game/804 there's no "Add to YT" or anything. And, again, can you add Revenge of Shinobi and (if possible) Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 logos?

Here's a decent sized RCT3 logo, but I can't find one for Revenge of Shinobi (the 1989 Genesis game), that's large enough:

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

Here's what went on:

04:07 *** moosehunter joined #BCMSocial
04:09 moosehunter hola?
04:12 r543Blitzsonic hello
04:12 r543Blitzsonic are the sonic 4 ep 2 songs already uplaoded ?
04:13 r543Blitzsonic *uploaded
04:13 r543Blitzsonic and why aren't the boost songs uploaded ?
04:15 moosehunter idk, I'm not running this thing anymore, but I can still upload them if you want
04:18 moosehunter never mind, it doesn't have a logo yet
04:22 r543Blitzsonic i could make a big logo
04:22 r543Blitzsonic and why aren't the boost songs from sonic unleashed/colors/generations uploaded
04:25 moosehunter because they're not on the website
04:26 r543Blitzsonic that's what i'm asking
04:26 r543Blitzsonic they can be ripped
04:29 moosehunter well, I won't be the one to do it anymore
04:29 moosehunter sorry
04:30 moosehunter if anyone else was here, I'd tell them to get on it
04:30 moosehunter and i'm out of here
04:30 *** moosehunter quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Also get the **** on the rest of the computer you ****ing side part that i took off to put more ram in that was a waste of money because it wasn't the right frequency **** **** **** etc!

Wait, what the heck is moose on about? There's no logo? They're not on the site? WTF?

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@TheUltimateKoopa

I don't know what it was about. I was asleep at the time so I couldn't ask him. Perhaps, when he comes on again, we could ask him ourselves (by "ourselves" I mean "whoever can speak with him first").

soneek

Smash Ace
Yeah he'll probably be back randomly every now and then.

I finally got the Tales of the Abyss streams, and I believe they're tagged. I'll get those up within the next few days.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Also Seg, as I said, you need to rename 804.PNG to 804.png -- somehow having the png in capitals doesn't make it work, since on /game/804 there's no "Add to YT" or anything. And, again, can you add Revenge of Shinobi and (if possible) Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 logos?

Here's a decent sized RCT3 logo, but I can't find one for Revenge of Shinobi (the 1989 Genesis game), that's large enough:

Looks good enoug to me. I can resize it.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
But that thing about "Our mission is to..." is from Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society's facebook page (or something).

Also, let's talk about Brawl Custom Music...

So... this game here:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/872

Personally, I don't like the lack of capitals...
For things like "abyss" I can just rename "Abyss", but what about "boss - exG5"? IS that "Boss - ExG5" or "Boss - exG5", or even "Boss - EXG5"?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
My thoughts exactly... whoever uploaded those songs... I don't get it.

Like if you edit a Wikipedia article to update it... if you post it with out capitals, I mean... read this:
"new super mario bros 2 has been confirmed to be released in north america on august 19"
Now, when a person submits something like that... do they ever think "OMG! Does this look right?" No. It's like to them, they've capitalized it, and it's "perfect". Like when people type "omg ur videos r awesom dey cud b beta if u didnt hav copyrite and cud uplode longer 1s" -- does that actually LOOK cool? NO...... I hate people on the internet who type like that... :(

Also, I will eventually get some Mario Tennis BRSTMs done, and then some Perfect Dark.

I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else actually prefer making BRSTMs from non-streamed formats? For some reason, there's something fun about actually trying to find the loops, and the occasional "OMG I didn't know this song was this long..." feeling of awesomeness that you'd only get if you were REALLY bored and had nothing to do :p

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Wait... I just approved a load of songs.... is it just a coincidence that the second after I approve a songs, Soneek, TheNintenguy and you uploaded a load more songs? :D

soneek

Smash Ace
Lol yeah I'm converting the streams for this game. When I'm lazy, I like streams. When I'm bored, i like searching for loops. There's always that feeling of getting a perfect loop. :)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, since they're converted from streams, I'm just approving them, and adding them to the queue :p There's no point in checking for loops, since you'd assume that the original stream loops perfectly anyway...

soneek

Smash Ace
Yeah, MOST of the time the original streams are perfect. Some stuff pops though, like with Fire Emblem: PoR, Tales of Vesperia, and Tales of Graces...I hate when that's the case lol.

I uploaded the streams from Pokémon Conquest. I'll do the 2sf's at some point.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone think PnFfan101 needs to lighten up? Just because something isn't funny to HIM, it doesn't mean it's not "a joke".... yay for publicity.

PnFfan101 said:
Okay. I'm just making sure that nothing happens to the other accounts. If I'm doing something to get blocked again, please accept my apology.
BrawlBRSTMs said:
I am so going to block you right now.... *places tiny lego block in front* Try and get past that! NYAH!
PnFfan101 said:
I meant like block me from commenting on the profile.
AlaricSkywalker said:
*takes lego block and adds it to lego collection* Never try to block someone with lego. It is a guaranteed way asking me to put it into my collection so it isn't blocking anyone, unless it's someone like "you-know-who", from commenting on here.
PnFfan101 said:
Thanks, Alaric. Thanks for your help. Also, if TUK is on the account right now, you need to read me more clearly.
BrawlBRSTMs said:
PnFfan101, if you're on right now, you need to learn to not be so weird and actually be normal. What do you mean 'read you more clearly'? Just because you live in an ultrahypermegareligious community, it doesn't mean that jokes aren't allowed. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't even heard of the word "joke" itself.
PnFfan101 said:
I know what jokes are. And that was not one of them. I didn't even find that funny! Now to me, cartoon shows are funny.
TheNintenguy said:
It was a joke, Usually jokes tend to be amusing, sometimes do to ludicrous and/or something not being taken seriously.
BrawlBRSTMs said:
You know, I might actually block you. You REALLY are pretty ****ing annoying PnF! Why don't you just **** off and leave everyone alone?
PnFfan101 said:
Okay. I'm sorry.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah.... I'm not doing anything wrong per se. I'm just having fun. It's not my fault he's so religious and doesn't know what a joke is.

So it's not a joke as in "Why did the chicken cross the road?", but a joke as in "not serious".

Not EVERYTHING has to be taken seriously, PnF.

Also... on an unrelated note.... I was wondering.... you know those comments on BCM? Does anyone like Posting...ing...ing...ing...ing...ing...ing...ing...ing...ing... ?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings

Anyway, Home Run Contest from Brawl simply does not work... (you guys remember how to kill the queue when this happens right?) -- so I did just that, and then added the 3 new Perfect Dark BRSTMs I made. I basically did the 3 longest tracks (by USF timing), that is, Rescue, Deception and Deep Sea Remix.
I also removed the video for one of the tracks since the loop popped, and I updated it... I also renamed it. It was something like "Deep Sea Remix... blah blah", however, it should be "Skedar Ruins"...

All 4 (the 3 new ones + the re-upload of what is now called 'Skedar Ruins'). I also added Tetris: Type A, from Brawl since someone asked for it.

Soon, I will complete all 117 USF to BRSTM conversions of Perfect Dark, updating existing BRSTMs if necessary.

Top Bottom