• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Competitive Videos - NEW Wifi Wars Brawl Tournament Videos! (2-11-08)

Proven

Smash Apprentice
One more thing. I think I saw a video where both Ice Climbers could hold on to a ledge at once, and their Belay causes whichever Ice Climber to reach the ledge first to pull up the other one. Please test these two things.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Huge update on first post! Tons of new (and better) videos uploaded, more to come very soon!

Also, we discovered some new techniques and tricks. We will be posting these soon in an article on Wifiwars.com Be sure to bookmark us and this thread to check back for updates!

Big Burn

Smash Lord
yes pretty nice sonic... but i have yet to see a person land a good knee... is it because the player is not use to the falcon combo ability??? i would really like to see the knee's potential

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It's because Falcon has no comboability.

Seriously Falcon got nerfed pretty badly.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Are there different videos on the youtube channel because I don't remember seeing them on Wifi Wars.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
These videos are much better than all the other ones out there right now. Lee is making them high-quality so you can actually see the attacks. Hope you guys all enjoy them.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Since the day of Brawl's release I have had plenty of time to play my competitive Melee friends in Brawl. From these great matches I have discovered several new things and gained a new perspective on what I once thought was a mediocre sequel. I am now convinced that Brawl is going to be epic in both the competitive and casual scene for years to come. Read more to found out why.
That's what I wanted to read, honestly the first impressions pissed me off a little for the little time you gave Brawl to say it was very mediocre.

Thanks for your videos, they are awesome, honestly, love the Falco vs Wolf :3

pedro_nwo

Smash Rookie
a little question....

since Brawl is completely different than melee....would you recommend me to start playing with the classic controller??

btw...im a very competitive melee player....and im excited to start it all again now with brawl.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Holy Wow at that Snake. He's like hey laggy aerials, **** off, I'm gonna kick *** on the ground.

Funny how Sakurai talked about making this game more focused on aerial combat, and now that aerial are so laggy people are starting to develop better ground games.

Also, wtf is up with Marth. Looks like he missed the laggy aerial memo... :dizzy:

Proven

Smash Apprentice
He's focusing on aerial combat in the sens that it works when both characters are in the air. That's the only way to really negate the lag, to fall away and then jump again. If you're on the ground (and especially if you're a heavy type character) your ground game is key, against both grounded and short hopping opponents.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Excellent videos and impressions so far, guys. Thanks a ton.

Glad to see G&W is a little less lagging this time.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Brawls Metagame will be all about the ground game.

I promise you that. I mean looking at that last vid ok Ike is proof. He abused that A combo and grabs. Only jumped when it was neccessary or to get kills.

I'm thinking of doing a right up on what I think the metagame will be about and how it differs from melee based on all the vids of I have watched.

Cuz at first you can see that Lee and the others are jumping around and dashing alot like it's melee, but in later vids you can see the change in their gameplay. You see the ground game abuse and you see that they are going for small 2-3 hit combos. Seems like the are finally getting a handle on the gameplay engine.

What do you think of that analysis guys? LeeHarris?

Revven

FrankerZ
Nice work Lee! I'm going to watch the videos you uploaded a little later, but, regardless keep up the awesome videos!

Also, can you guys play as maybe Kirby, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff at one point or another? I want to see what you're capable of with them and whether or not they are good in Brawl with how well you guys have been playing. I must see how well they are, especially, since Mr. G&W seems to be better...

Zenjamin

Smash Lord

I promise you that. I mean looking at that last vid ok Ike is proof. He abused that A combo and grabs. Only jumped when it was neccessary or to get kills.

I'm thinking of doing a right up on what I think the metagame will be about and how it differs from melee based on all the vids of I have watched.

Cuz at first you can see that Lee and the others are jumping around and dashing alot like it's melee, but in later vids you can see the change in their gameplay. You see the ground game abuse and you see that they are going for small 2-3 hit combos. Seems like the are finally getting a handle on the gameplay engine.

wow... that sounds really, VERRY boring.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
im loving the ike vidz i told myself august 6 when ike was annonced id main him but watching u guys play him made my mind up for sure thxs for the ike vidz i greatly appreciate them lee

but how do u moonwalk in brawl with ike?

LeeHarris

Smash Lord

I agree with that somewhat. The aerial game won't be like it was in Melee because of a lack of L canceling and the overall floatiness. Now, moves like Snake's and Ike's neutral A combo on the ground are viable attacks and some smashes tend to come out much faster with a lot less wind down lag. I don't believe that this will be the case for every character though. Some characters still have hardly any landing lag whatsoever on their aerials (such as Kirby, G&W, Toon Link) and I think they will still rely heavily on their air game.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I just saw the Wolf vs. Falco fight, and it's the best thing I've ever seen. Epic x 3. Keep up the good work over there!

PS. Howling is awesome! Go Wolf!

Hitage

Smash Cadet
wow great vids. They give me hope for brawl. I don't know if this has been suggested yet but why not play with smashballs on and no other items and see how it is competitively. Thanks for the vids and keep them going.

Break

Smash Apprentice
These videos are great, thanks for taking the time to put them up. We'd all love to see some Kirby, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, and Luigi.

Erik McLennan

Smash Cadet
wow great vids. They give me hope for brawl. I don't know if this has been suggested yet but why not play with smashballs on and no other items and see how it is competitively. Thanks for the vids and keep them going.
I'd like to see this too, I hope Smashballs can become viable in competitive play, with the right tweaking of match properties (definitely would have to be higher stock matches to negate some randomness I would think.)

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Where's Wario? I know he's not too popular, but come on? There's literally about five videos with him in it going around, and frankly, they make him look ridiculously bad. When can some real footage of him come up, one where he actually wins or even comes close to winning?

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Bump, this thread does not need to be on the second page.

NEEDZ more Pikachu please. Can't forget the yellow rat.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Awesome site, hope you guys can lift the competitive smash scene into a limelight!

Sign me up for those leagues and keep the videos comin!!

Top Bottom