• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Competitive Videos - NEW Wifi Wars Brawl Tournament Videos! (2-11-08)

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
He's focusing on aerial combat in the sens that it works when both characters are in the air. That's the only way to really negate the lag, to fall away and then jump again. If you're on the ground (and especially if you're a heavy type character) your ground game is key, against both grounded and short hopping opponents.
That's what it seems like to me too. It seems like it's easier now to go a decent distance off the edge, attack, and still make it back. The autosweetspot (which makes it both easier to get back and a lot harder to guard from the edge) and increased floatiness look like they make this a lot more viable for most character. In videos, even between pros, I see a LOT of missed opportunities to jump out and intercept people. The one that comes to mind most is a Pit vs. Charizard, where Pit was using his slow-moving Up+ B and Charizard just waited on the ledge. I play Kirby a lot, so I'm used to doing that sort of thing all the time, and it looks like it will be important for most characters now.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
That's what it seems like to me too. It seems like it's easier now to go a decent distance off the edge, attack, and still make it back. The autosweetspot (which makes it both easier to get back and a lot harder to guard from the edge) and increased floatiness look like they make this a lot more viable for most character. In videos, even between pros, I see a LOT of missed opportunities to jump out and intercept people. The one that comes to mind most is a Pit vs. Charizard, where Pit was using his slow-moving Up+ B and Charizard just waited on the ledge. I play Kirby a lot, so I'm used to doing that sort of thing all the time, and it looks like it will be important for most characters now.
It really is like that. I have a friend who LOVED to chase off the stage to attack in Melee and he suicided a lot because of it. Now he lives a lot longer during matches.

It really is a completely different game from 64 and melee.

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
hey lee i waqs wondering could you possibly give me your basic overall views of DK and Pikachu and can you get vids for them anytime soon?

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
hey lee i waqs wondering could you possibly give me your basic overall views of DK and Pikachu and can you get vids for them anytime soon?
Haven't played much DK, but he seems to be the only "bad" character that didn't get a boost.

Pikachu is still really quick with lots of priority and strength. His moves have an insane amount of freeze frames. Sometimes when you hit with his down air it takes over 2 seconds to finish the move. It seems harder to DI after being hit with an up smash, and since his down B comes out quicker now and kills faster it is a great combo.

Can you give me an overall view of how Marth is in Brawl? I'd like to add some info to the Marth threads.
Still quick with good priority. His sword is shorter, so he doesn't quite have the range that Ike does. His dair still spikes and it spikes well. It seems that his down tilt goes through the bottom of the level enough to actually still edgeguard someone. His crappy smashes from before (dsmash and usmash) both got buffed in both strength and speed. His utilt seems to be slower this time, but it is still useful for juggles and set ups. His side B comes out and combos ridiculously fast. Much more useful in this game. His counter works exactly the same.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
How about Ness vs. Lucas on Battlefield, or Mario vs. Sonic on Final Destination?

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I haven't had the time up until now, but I'd like to take some requests for matches. Characters? levels? etc?
I'm still looking to see some more ROB vs Jigglypuff action- this time on Lylat Cruise.

Also, do these for me:

Fox vs Wolf on Lylat Cruise
Marth vs Ike on Final Destination
ZSS vs Sheik on Shadow Moses Island

Also, do you do FFAs?

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
Some Training Mode vids to show off characters' movesets would be nice. In particular I'd like ZSS.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I'm still looking to see some more ROB vs Jigglypuff action- this time on Lylat Cruise.

Also, do these for me:

Fox vs Wolf on Lylat Cruise
Marth vs Ike on Final Destination

Also, do you do FFAs?
Those sound cool.

I have an FFA or two recorded. I'll up those tonight for ya :)

How about Ness vs. Lucas on Battlefield, or Mario vs. Sonic on Final Destination?
Those too!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Great! I can't wait to see some Ness vs. Lucas!

For another request, how about Ike Vs. Ganondorf or Snake vs. Olimar? The two strangest characters having a duel would be very interesting.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Ok, I am working on finishing up some code for the Wifi Wars Pokemon, Mario Kart, and Striker's leagues that launch tomorrow. I will post some videos from 2 nights ago last night that I didn't have the chance to upload yet. I'll have fresh stuff tomm night! So keep the requests coming and I'll grab the best ideas.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Lee, how's the wifiwars system going to be? Is it going to be like smashbrawlrankings.com?

If so that's tight. I'll be signing up to both.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Lee, how's the wifiwars system going to be? Is it going to be like smashbrawlrankings.com?

If so that's tight. I'll be signing up to both.
It'll be much more competitive with the option of just casual play. We will have casual leagues and ladders that people can play matches on any time of the day and we will have competitive leagues with scheduled matches. The top players of each region will compete in "playoffs" at the end of each season for awesome prizes. There will be several tiers of the competitive leagues as well, including an open league and a pro league. The better you do in open, the better your chances of advancing to the pro league are. We will also have 2 v 2 leagues and eventually crew battles.

double post

Lee who's top to you?
The site's founders are me, Scav (smashboards admin) and M3D (founder of MLG Smash and smashboards super-mod).

Eggm

Smash Hero
I haven't seen a single vid of yoshi yet, or how his egg helps his jump in the final game, if you could post some vids of yoshi vs anyone that'd, be hot. See if he can' double jump cancel too please, FD i guess vs whoever, pokemon trainer prefered cause i'm interseted in him too mostly ivysaur/squirtle. :) Ivsaur in particular i haven't seen any vids of him thanks.

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Since you've played quite a bit, who do you(Lee or anyone of the players) think is the most balance character so far? Also, moar Diddy and Pit plox (:

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I'd like to see a Pit vs. Falcon on Shadow Moses Island please.

And just for kicks, a Mario vs. Sonic on a Mario or Sonic stage.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
The only thing wrong with this thread is the disturbing lack of ZSS.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
question:
when it says you unlock wolf by skipping the platform at 'iseki ruins'

is this a stage u can play in vs? can i unlock him in a normal vs match?
do i start with this stage?

thnaks

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
question:
when it says you unlock wolf by skipping the platform at 'iseki ruins'

is this a stage u can play in vs? can i unlock him in a normal vs match?
do i start with this stage?

thnaks
You can unlock him by doing a ton of VS matches, but in SSE there is a platform that keeps going down that looks like it is going to end and you're going to die. If you just keep going you'll fall for like 5 seconds and there is a hidden door where you fight Wolf.

Thanks for doing my Wario request by the way! :)

He won! He actually won!
No problem ;)

ZSS videos soon!

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
awesome thanks Lee.
So is it far into the SSE to this platform?
what does it look like? (where the platform is)

and apparently you can unlock wolf also by playing Fox on boss mode or something.
how do i unlock boss mode?

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Boss mode is unlocked in some way related to just beating the SSE.

I want to see more vids with characters that aren't getting much love: DK and Wario.

I want to see more vids with Olimar as well. Can't get enough of the newcomers.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
awesome thanks.
yeah i want to see a few more vids of olimar and warior

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
theres quite a few of Meta Knight
he is awesme
look at the vids on these threads or search in youtube xD

errtu

Smash Apprentice
war happened man ? no more new vids coming up? just wondering

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
i might be able to take a few vids (now that i have brawl)
if u wana see a match lettme know :)

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Hey everyone,

Just uploaded some new videos to the account and to the WiFi Wars homepage.

We just concluded our huge Smash weekend event with Melee and Brawl tournaments. A bunch of Melee pros showed up including caveman, Xelic, Mr. C, Scav, and much more. The videos of them playing Brawl will be up soon. For now, check out the set of 3 I just uploaded. They were intense :p

Newest videos: http://www.wifiwars.com/?q=node/126
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/WifiWarsVideos

Top Bottom