• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Competitive Videos - NEW Wifi Wars Brawl Tournament Videos! (2-11-08)

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
Woah, thats some really great Sonic gameplay! Also, Pikachu vids you say?

Sounds like a great batch of matches, you guys are definitely getting better too. Can't wait for the Pika vids.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
New videos being uploaded as we speak!

WW - Ice Climbers (Lee) vs Kirby (Ryan)
WW - Wario (Lee) vs Lucario (Ryan)
WW - G&W (Lee) vs Lucas (Ryan)
WW - Diddy (Lee) vs Olimar (Ryan)
WW - Fox (Lee) vs Sonic (Ryan)
WW - Snake Recovery Grab (Glitch?)

Also, a new trick has been discovered! Head over to www.wifiwars.com to read all about it.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Where's Wario? I know he's not too popular, but come on? There's literally about five videos with him in it going around, and frankly, they make him look ridiculously bad. When can some real footage of him come up, one where he actually wins or even comes close to winning?
Request noted ;)

I am uploading a video currently that makes him look pretty smexy.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Ah finally, you guys are the ones I want to see about something important:

can you please help me with my Youtube Character Moveset project? I want to compile a selection of easy-access visual movesets for each character in order to make referencing a lot easier for everyone. I've made a few threads in the character discussion pages. Here's an example:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141999

If I could get you guys to participate in this, it'd be swell and I'm sure it'd help the community a lot, especially when it comes to making guides and referencing attacks. (especially for newbs)

And your site is awesome by the way. You can bet I'll join as soon as I get Brawl. Being an Aussie will make it hard for me to have lagless matches with you guys, but any play is good play, and I hope I'll be able to contribute with the cool projects and advanced stuff.

I'm thinking of importing the US version *twitch*

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
sorry if this has been asked
but when playing SSE, does the difficulty effect what chars you can unlock?
or will you unlock all (thers 11 yeah?) on easy mode
:D

thanks

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
can you please help me with my Youtube Character Moveset project? I want to compile a selection of easy-access visual movesets for each character in order to make referencing a lot easier for everyone. I've made a few threads in the character discussion pages. Here's an example:
Do you have AIM? Talk to me at leeharris100 if you do. If not, send me a PM!

sorry if this has been asked
but when playing SSE, does the difficulty effect what chars you can unlock?
or will you unlock all (thers 11 yeah?) on easy mode
:D

thanks
Not as far as we could tell!

2 of the videos are done uploading!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Lee, I tried to add you to my MSN but I may have put in the wrong address. Are you with hotmail?

*I've never actually ADDED someone to my MSN list before, since I rarely use it except to talk to friends. lol.*

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
yeah imma do SSE.
and beat classic a few times xD

no rush =[

Awesome thanks. So how long will SSE take to finish, on easy?
Btw; you can't chose your char for it, yeah?
It took us almost 9 hours to do it on different difficulty settings. You can only choose your character in the last part.

By the way, everyone check out the video for the new trick we discovered! It's on the front post.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Oh, and that Lucas and Game and Watch video was fantastic. No really, Ryan is getting much better.

Ironically, I'm going to be a Lucas main and my nickname is Ryan. Lol.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
wooh nine hours.
awesome

its a challange xD
is there continues and stuff allowed?
do i have to click save game everytime i play, and log off safely and can play again later.

Btw; where can i find your videos? i saw the Lucus and G+W one, it was awesome.

xD

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
ok thanks i'll watch sme vids.

but does SSE autosave? do i have to worry about saving?

Steel Kangaroo

Smash Ace
These videos are awesome LeeHaris, they get me even more pumped for Brawl in the US. Thank you.

About the Snake glitch...do you see it as being bad enough to nerf Snake to the point of unplayability, or is he still good enough even now?

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
yeah so cool.
i cant wait to play pit and sonic
(plus all the rest)

BUT YEAH MY AUTO SAVE QUESTON FOR SSE PPL T_T

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Thanks for posting these videos Lee! They are really awesome.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
still no new DDD vids?
o well, I suppose its good i havent seen anyone maining him in vids.

we dont want TOO many people realizing how awesome a giant penguin with a hammer is

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
still no new DDD vids?
o well, I suppose its good i havent seen anyone maining him in vids.

we dont want TOO many people realizing how awesome a giant penguin with a hammer is
hahaha, best quote I've heard in days!

These videos are awesome LeeHaris, they get me even more pumped for Brawl in the US. Thank you.

About the Snake glitch...do you see it as being bad enough to nerf Snake to the point of unplayability, or is he still good enough even now?
No, it won't make him unplayable. You can only do it to him whenever he is close to the stage and recovering. You could always float up away from the stage and then DI towards it once you're higher.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
In one video on the net I remember someone being able to spring cancel ( in other words not bounce up when jumping on a spring) and I was wondering if it's possible to do the same with Sonic's up B spring move. You may ask: "Why would you not want to use the spring to bounce??" Well I noticed in one vid Sonic using his up B and the spring fell unto the person causing some damage. This could be used as a downward projectile move.

Also really nice vids. Thanks for sharing!

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
You have a Dedede match AND a Wario match?! Ok then, I love you. Very good to see you trying out a nice range of the characters, many thanks.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Hrmm... I'll test that out later! Do you remember the video you saw?
Since reading this I've been looking and no luck. I know it's on a custom stage and it happens on the top right part of the stage. I'm also almost positive it was either Ike or Lucario that did the spring cancel. I'll continue to look for it and if I find it I'll PM you the link.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Lee Harris, that Wario vid you posted up was AMAZING. I haven't see somebody be that good with the old fart (extreme pun pwnage?) in any other video. The Chopper looks like it'll have so great mindgame uses, and the bite looks like a great way to punish recovery moves.

This gives me some hope that Wario won't be bottom tier. Thanks for boosting my spirits. :-)

One question though: Am I mistaken in thinking that eating a projectile charges the waft up a bit faster? I thought I heard some WHobby people talking about that.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
We demand more videos Lee!

BTW, I might be playing this weekend with some friends, so I might be adding some videos of my own!

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
What up Lee? Much props for you and your crew putting it down real serious before the game even came out. Loving what I see, and I can't wait to fight yall.

Speaking of fighting, what's the word on the Smash League? When can I sign up and will there be any other leagues besides 1 on 1. I think it would be a good idea to have a 2 on 2 division as well. I can almost guarantee you it will be popular. Even a Free for All division could be solid.

Let me know what's up my dude.

and btw, who's better between Lucas and Ness, and who do you think are top 5 right now in the game?

Thanks

- V

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Lee I got another Question. I keep seeing you guys ledge hug SEEMINGLY effective, and as soon as your opponent reaches the ledge you hop back on to the stage. Why do this? Why not finish the job? Is this because if you ledge hug while an opponent is trying to get back on you get hit?

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
This gives me some hope that Wario won't be bottom tier. Thanks for boosting my spirits. :-)

One question though: Am I mistaken in thinking that eating a projectile charges the waft up a bit faster? I thought I heard some WHobby people talking about that.
Haha, no problem!

Yeah, his farts charge up faster from eating projectiles. It seems eating people does the same thing too, but to a less extent.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2DDxFX_V4

At 3:50, Nana does a triple jump to catch up with Popo.

Nana's AI looks improved overall for the most part.
She is definitely a lot smarter. She'd randomly jump in when I was grabbed and do a Smash attack.

Lee I got another Question. I keep seeing you guys ledge hug SEEMINGLY effective, and as soon as your opponent reaches the ledge you hop back on to the stage. Why do this? Why not finish the job? Is this because if you ledge hug while an opponent is trying to get back on you get hit?
I am used to hitting R to roll back on the stage in Melee (they can't grab on during the roll) but in Brawl everyone is so floaty that it doesn't work. I just need to get over my habits :)

What up Lee? Much props for you and your crew putting it down real serious before the game even came out. Loving what I see, and I can't wait to fight yall.

Speaking of fighting, what's the word on the Smash League? When can I sign up and will there be any other leagues besides 1 on 1. I think it would be a good idea to have a 2 on 2 division as well. I can almost guarantee you it will be popular. Even a Free for All division could be solid.

Let me know what's up my dude.

and btw, who's better between Lucas and Ness, and who do you think are top 5 right now in the game?

Thanks

- V
Smash League registration will be open very soon. We will definitely have 1v1, 2v2, and eventually crew battles. We will also have a casual, competitive, and pro section as well :)

Top Bottom