• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl characters we hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
There seems to be a lot of Olimar hate

Is this because of how strong he is, or simply because the character himself is disliked for any reason?

Ive seen a lot of things like 'Olimar shouldnt be in the game, hes far too powerful'. I personally think he was a fantastic addition to Smash Bros, though I can see people turning against him if he really is extremely overpowered.

antimatter

Smash Lord
R.O.B.- an accessory, not a character. what's next, an N64 rumble pak?
wolf and falco- starfox is a big enough franchise to get three characters? really?
Zamus- she's only in for fanservice and as a copout to say, "dont get mad about ridley, we still added a metroid rep!"
sonic- the last few console games he's been in sucked. he just barely made it in due to the rivalry between sega and nintendo ending.
lucario- a fourth gen ripoff of mewtwo. 'nuff said.
ganondorf- still a captain falcon clone.
jigglypuff- THIS !#%#ING PIECE OF $@!# IS STILL IN THE SMASH SERIES?

rant over.

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
There seems to be a lot of Olimar hate

Is this because of how strong he is, or simply because the character himself is disliked for any reason?

Ive seen a lot of things like 'Olimar shouldnt be in the game, hes far too powerful'. I personally think he was a fantastic addition to Smash Bros, though I can see people turning against him if he really is extremely overpowered.
it's not really hatred for him being in the game, he's just annoying to play against him because he is strong,. i like having him in the game and i like playing with him but its just irritation. (this is my opinion though, others may have different views)

Deadandlivin

Smash Apprentice
5. -Falco because he looks like a pile of geló.

4. -R.O.B because they didn't have a clue of what they did when they intruduced a random robot to the game.

3. -Olimar, so ugly and boring to play. All he does is draw pikmins.

2. -Daddydodo(King Dedede...) Omg i hate this character, specially when he blows up like kirby. He's really slow and boring to play aswell, the only personal satisfaction you get is throwing laser shooting waddledees.

1. And here we have him: A character who Farts to K.O and recover, Wario is as low as they can sink and the character which i detrimine, destroys the game.
Seriously, he farts to K.O his opponent.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Most Olimar hate probably comes from his absurd power, but his design probably doesn't help him, either. Unless they've played his games, most people will just see him as that weird-looking little guy in a space suit whom they could take or leave. That makes it doubly frustrating to lose to him, and to see him compared to your potentially underpowered favourite character.

Renufus

Smash Apprentice
ROB, not so much for the moveset or playstyle or anything, but because they could have added so many other cool characters in his place. Instead they added some comepletely random-*** toy that came with the console 20 years ago. They might as well have added the dog from Duck Hunt or something.

Hate, hate, hate, HATE Pit. Lots. Here's how almost every Pit plays online:

Pick Final Destination. Spam arrows. HYAYAYAYAYAYA, roll away. More Arrows. HYAYAYAYAYA, roll away. Arrows! HYAYAYAYAYA, roll away. More arrows. Fsmash. Profit.

Not a **** thing I can do about it, either, unless I outplay Pit 3 or 4 times over. Those arrows are way too spammable. I can't think of a single weakness this guy has except his up+B, which he uses maybe once in a match.

Olimar, just because looking at him makes me angry. He looks like Mr.Saturn in a space suit.

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
Lucas and Ness.
Come on they are the same !!!!!!!! , lucas has jimmyneutron hair , and ness has a baseball cap , thats the only difference between them , and not to mention earthbound game , is one of the worst nintendo game i have never play , worst nintendo franchise ever , dumb designs of both , also lucas is gay , he is craying all the time.......

ROB
Come on , he deserves to die , stupid sakurai ´mentality ¨oh i like retro chars , over other most important characters to nintendo , like ridley or isaac¨

Jigglypuff
One of the most weakest and stupid pokemon in the pokemon world , and also with a ugly design , he only made it to the ssb64 , because stupid japanese fanbase , they like the weirdest characters and the stupid ones , thanks god pichu is out of brawl

Pit , Ice climbers
2 bad and boring NES games , what the hell we need chars of sucky games like that ???? , i can name 1000 chars more important and with more fanbase than this 3 idiots.....
First of all, learn how to count. Second, don't talk **** about the Ice Climbers.They are unique fighters, which makes me confident that they will appear in the next Smash Bros(if there is another one) along with Olimar. If you actually give them a try, you will see how awesome they are (chaingrabs, anyone?)

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Wanna know what pisses me off about Brawl? Gannondorf not getting a sword. Ever since seeing the graphic teaser of Link and Gannondorf that Nintendo made for the Gamecube I've wanted Gannondorf to be a wicked sword fighter. He even begins to use a sword in all of the Zelda games following it! I was willing to tolerate Gannondorf being a clone of Captain Falcon in Melee due to time constraints, but after the release of Twilight Princess and him using a sword in that game as well I fully expected him to be a 300 pound sword weilding monster. He even has a taunt that SHOWS you the sword he COULD be using, but instead decide to punch with the speed of molasses. In Brawl, Gannondorf SHOULD have been what Ike IS, and have Ike get the shaft.

On a side note, this may sound like a huge stretch, but I had my fingers crossed for Knuckles to be in Brawl as well. I wasn't too disappointed when I learned he wasn't in it, but it would have been nice to have Sonic at least have an alternate costume of him. ^^;;;

Aside from that and them not picking more interesting characters from the Fire Emblem series, I am quite content with the way things turned out. Falco may have been a little too much, but he's different enough from Fox for me to accept him and Wolf is ALMOST an entirely different character from the other two animals, far too different to be associated with them move wise. Lucario had me scratching my head for a long while though until one of my younger friends freaked out after seeing him, saying he's the coolest thing around. You see, I stopped watching Pokemon movies somewhere around the time my balls dropped (somewhere around 10 years ago) while my friend, unfortuantly, did not... >____>;;; Hence, I had no Earthly clue who the hell Lucario was. ^^;;;

Anywho, this ramble is going on longer than I intended, so I'll end it on this note: Toon Link rocks. XD

snapcracklepop*

Smash Rookie
Lucas and Ness.
Come on they are the same !!!!!!!! , lucas has jimmyneutron hair , and ness has a baseball cap , thats the only difference between them , and not to mention earthbound game , is one of the worst nintendo game i have never play , worst nintendo franchise ever , dumb designs of both , also lucas is gay , he is craying all the time.......

ROB
Come on , he deserves to die , stupid sakurai ´mentality ¨oh i like retro chars , over other most important characters to nintendo , like ridley or isaac¨

Jigglypuff
One of the most weakest and stupid pokemon in the pokemon world , and also with a ugly design , he only made it to the ssb64 , because stupid japanese fanbase , they like the weirdest characters and the stupid ones , thanks god pichu is out of brawl

Pit , Ice climbers
2 bad and boring NES games , what the hell we need chars of sucky games like that ???? , i can name 1000 chars more important and with more fanbase than this 3 idiots.....
1 i understand this is a thread for the characters you hate, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, BUT COME ON MAN! 1 u probably havent even played Mother, 2 ur gay, 3 lucas can cry if he wants to because HES A KID, 4 they arent dumb designs theyre little kids, and 5 they arent stupid, they're little kids WITH PHYSCIC(spelling?) POWERS! i bet u couldnt shoot thunder from ur head or pull meteors from the sky when u were little!

k now im done:lick:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Characters I hate:

ROB- I've gone over time and time again why I disliked this character before Brawl ever came out. I thought I might warm up to him once I actually got the game but, even though a month has passed, I still can't stand him. I hate his playstyle and if it weren't for his insane recovery, he'd be a complete junk character. Most of his moves are easy to predict and even people who are semi good with him basically spam his B attack, his down smash, and his Nair attack...I have yet to lose a match to ROB and I haven't even lost a life to him even in the harder difficulties of Classic and All-Star mode. I have yet to see anyone even win a match with ROB online except when I've played him twice. On You Tube, I've only seen one professional player that's won a match with him, let alone do good in a match. Really, I know that he's going to be a mainstay of the SSB franchise simply because he represents his own franchise but I still wish they hadn't even bothered to add him.

Wolf- Despite how much I dislike ROB, Wolf is the only character I look at and say "Why are you here?" Like many people have said, his moveset is miseribly uninspired. He essentially became what many of his fans feared he would be, a Luigified version of Fox and, considering he's basically a living cliche (Fox's opposite in almost every regard :psycho:), he was doomed to become such. Heck, they didn't even bother adding him to SSE. That alone speaks volumes about hYow little thought was actually put into the character.

Jigglypuff- Why is this character still in Smash Bros? I'd like to say comic relief but it's so pathetic that it hardly qualifies as such. I think this character is even more of whipping boy then ROB. It's the slowest character in the game, it can only KO at high percentages, you can almost cancel out it's final smash but merely ducking, and it automatically dies when you break it's shield. The fact that Rest was nerfed just adds insult to injury. Seriously, why make one of the worst characters even worse? I only use this character when I REALLY want to humiliate my opponents and reserve it for the worst of the worst online players.

Types of players I hate:

80% of Ike players: I probably wouldn't dislike them as much if they didn't appear in every other fight I'm in. Watching them spam smash attacks and his special attacks is just plain annoying. Admit it, even if you're an insanely good player, you've lost at least one online match to these kind of players. There are few things more satisfying then beating them using Wario and Ness (my mains) and then watching them drop out of the next match in frustration. :laugh:

Pikachu spammers: You know, the people who constantly use thunder, thunder shock, and his down smash? Yeah, them...

Kirby spammers: These part people that constantly use Kirby's final cutter and stone attack. Again, extremelly annoying.

Pit spammers: Self explanitory. HIYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!

Players who lose matches terribly for at least two matches and then think they'll automatically win once they switch to Ike, Fox, or Marth: It's more pathetic then annoying really.

I think that covers everything...

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I don't hate any characters in themselves, and I think they all deserve to be in the game, but I HATE HOW 80% OF THE PEOPLE I PLAY ARE EITHER IKE, PIT, WOLF, OR TOON LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually I hate toon links playstyle, but I still don't hate the character in itself.

mzink*

Smash Ace
i dont hate him, i like him in fact, but i CANT STAND diddy's bananas. makes him pretty irritatin to play against when theres 3 other players distractin you from lookin out for them. 1 v1 its not that bad.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow!

You see where I'm coming from?
Tee-hee.

I love it.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Waluigi. Thank god he's not playable. Ironically enough, I love getting his AT because of how powerful it is. I still hate him, however, and the thought of him being selectable in a future SSB game makes me miscarriage.

I don't hate any characters in themselves, and I think they all deserve to be in the game, but I HATE HOW 80% OF THE PEOPLE I PLAY ARE EITHER IKE, PIT, WOLF, OR TOON LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then you won't want to play me. I main Pit & Wolf.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Edited due to double-post.

Thought double posts auto-merge. Now know they don't.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
I have to admit, all of the clones display a general lack of creativity. Lucas is a crime, though--don't know why people want the same character design with a different hair-do. I'd have preferred Ness with a Lucas moveset and just scrap Lucas altogether. What did Ness do to deserve "clone" status?

Luigi had been lamefied bigtime. Not just the moves, but the overall character. It's very disappointing.

Wolf is at least sort of cool to play as, but that's more for the smash moves than the special moves. They're modified Fox moves, but Fox moves nonetheless. I'd have been fine with them if they had just given Falco a completely different moveset (besides the laser; that seems to be a SF trademark). But we essentially got three variations of Fox. Nothing original for SF. I don't like Krystal, but she would have probably been a more original SF rep. And don't even get me started on Landmasters.

Ganondorf could still use a little more tweaking. Kill the warlock punch and replace it with a sort of blast like Lucario has only with a different shape and range, make his kick into a headlong dive-punch thing, and you have a much more original and appropriate moveset. Those of you who wanted the sword: he had it in one game, so they would have had to create a completely new moveset in SSB4 when we discover in the next Zelda installment that he doesn't have a sword. Plus we already have Link/MK/Marth/Ike/Toon Link. We don't need more swords--eventually they get old.

Those of you who hate Pit: don't hate the character. Pit was actually a decent choice for a new retro character, considering there were more bizzare Sakurai-magnets like Sukapon. His moves incorporate elements from his game, which I can hardly say for Ganondorf, Wolf, or Luigi.
Instead, hate the lame n00bs who insist on using him. Especially blame Sakurai for making him such an easy character to play as. I personally have the fact that Pit has probably the best recovery in the game in addition to his spammable arrows and infinite HIYAYAYAAAAAAAAA!!!!.

But don't hate Pit. Pit's chill. Just not in Brawl.

dr0go

Smash Apprentice
has anybody noticed thet when ike does his victory pose and says "i fight for my friends" his mouth keeps moving way after he is done talking.wtf that makes him look stupid

RedZeshin

Smash Cadet
There's an annoying little space leprechaun I like to call Hoolihan O'LAMER. Emphasis on the LAME. But I digress. Spammed Pikmin + Monstrous Grab Range = Mad Hatin' on Olimar.

Exovel

Smash Ace
Lucario.

I hate Lucario and all those who play as him. One of the posterboys of why the 4th generation sucks.
QFT. Maybe I'm a Pokemon purist, but I only believe in the first generation. Lucario's presence really irritates me. Oh well, though.

Also, Snake bothers me a bit... I really don't have a reason though.

MIKE!

Smash Rookie
I like all of them, so many char to choose and each one is like an entirely new part of the game to master. To me dominating someone as ice climbers, who I used to hate, or game watch who at first glance would seem like a silly and weak character, is just funny. If I had to pick it would be ness and lucas because the people who play as them either mastered abusing their projectiles or think they have either way they sound like fairy boys screaming PK FIRE!! PK PK PK PKPKPPKPKPK!!!! Take a PK dump. I use to play as ness on 64, but I got over it by melee

Xashlei

Smash Rookie
I don't hate any of the characters. Usually I only hate them because of the computer/person playing them. Like... my younger sister for an example. She's a Pikachu mainer... but basically is really just using Thunder repeatedly to toss enemies off and be invulnerable while doing so. It makes me so darn mad when I lose to that one move... it's something my sis does every time she finds a move that she loves so much. Use the same move over and over and over.

Well, at least she's better now. She still uses Thunder a lot, but does other moves with Pikachu as well. I was so relieved. :dizzy:

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
hmm...characters i hate

mario - seriously he's so generic and boring, who really cares about him?
luigi - ugh he's such a cowardly wimp and his personality is too bizarre
peach - dumb little girly character
bowser - too fat and slow, pretty much a joke
DK - yeah his moveset is boring and he's not popular any more, do we really need an ape?
yoshi - so weak and yoshi's personality is so kiddy and stupid
wario - fart jokes? am i 9 years old?
link - twilight princess wasn't even good, why change his boomerang? also too weak
zelda - i hate din's fire spam she's too cheap
shiek - was only in one game and is now useless cause she can't kill
ganondorf - why is guy punching people? he should drop that useless sword for some speed
toon link - dumb and cartoony. we don't need 2 links
samus - weak slow and played only by idiots (in my experience)
zamus - sorry sakurai i'm not gonna get off to a video game character so where's ridley?
pit - arrowarrowarrowarrowYAYAYAYAYAarrowarrowYAYAYAYAYA and so on
ICs - not popular, in one game only, do i have to explain this?
ROB - not a video game character at all
kirby - gimmicky pink blob who gets too much credit imo
metaknight - another cheap pos, who designed this guy anyway?
dedede - fat, stupid and not even a real villain character, in fact just a lazy clutz
olimar - looks dumb and is too overpowered, another bad design
fox - furry with a tank
falco - furry with a tank
wolf - why are there three furries with tanks? they all suck
falcon - yeah right, spandex? i feel uncomfortable when this guy is onscreen
pikachu - still as annoying and kiddie as ever
trainer - oh great let's put the kid from the anime in just to piss me off
lucario - i hate all pokemon but i hate the newer ones even more
jigglypuff - lame, unpopular, weak, terrible moveset shouldn't have ever been in smash
marth - blue haired anime swordsman from some japanese game, too cheap
ike - another blue haired anime guy only this one can kill at 50%, whoopedy ****
ness - dumb kid from unpopular game, also outclassed in every way by the idiot below
lucas - this is america, i don't want some japanese only kid here. more mike jones please
G&W - monotone sprite? hello nintendo it's the 80s calling we want our gimmick back
snake - doesn't fit the mood of the game at all. also cheap
sonic - youre too slow in the brain
random - could have been an actual character spot, possbily for sephiroth

i must say though diddy kong is pretty **** awesome

NukeA6

Smash Master
hmm...characters i hate

mario - seriously he's so generic and boring, who really cares about him?
luigi - ugh he's such a cowardly wimp and his personality is too bizarre
peach - dumb little girly character
bowser - too fat and slow, pretty much a joke
DK - yeah his moveset is boring and he's not popular any more, do we really need an ape?
yoshi - so weak and yoshi's personality is so kiddy and stupid
wario - fart jokes? am i 9 years old?
link - twilight princess wasn't even good, why change his boomerang? also too weak
zelda - i hate din's fire spam she's too cheap
shiek - was only in one game and is now useless cause she can't kill
ganondorf - why is guy punching people? he should drop that useless sword for some speed
toon link - dumb and cartoony. we don't need 2 links
samus - weak slow and played only by idiots (in my experience)
zamus - sorry sakurai i'm not gonna get off to a video game character so where's ridley?
pit - arrowarrowarrowarrowYAYAYAYAYAarrowarrowYAYAYAYAYA and so on
ICs - not popular, in one game only, do i have to explain this?
ROB - not a video game character at all
kirby - gimmicky pink blob who gets too much credit imo
metaknight - another cheap pos, who designed this guy anyway?
dedede - fat, stupid and not even a real villain character, in fact just a lazy clutz
olimar - looks dumb and is too overpowered, another bad design
fox - furry with a tank
falco - furry with a tank
wolf - why are there three furries with tanks? they all suck
falcon - yeah right, spandex? i feel uncomfortable when this guy is onscreen
pikachu - still as annoying and kiddie as ever
trainer - oh great let's put the kid from the anime in just to piss me off
lucario - i hate all pokemon but i hate the newer ones even more
jigglypuff - lame, unpopular, weak, terrible moveset shouldn't have ever been in smash
marth - blue haired anime swordsman from some japanese game, too cheap
ike - another blue haired anime guy only this one can kill at 50%, whoopedy ****
ness - dumb kid from unpopular game, also outclassed in every way by the idiot below
lucas - this is america, i don't want some japanese only kid here. more mike jones please
G&W - monotone sprite? hello nintendo it's the 80s calling we want our gimmick back
snake - doesn't fit the mood of the game at all. also cheap
sonic - youre too slow in the brain
random - could have been an actual character spot, possbily for sephiroth

i must say though diddy kong is pretty **** awesome
You hate the whole roster minus Diddy.

The next SSB should have 45 different sandbags as playable characters.

snerd

Smash Cadet
peach - marios *****.
dk - his sounds. OH GOD HIS SOUNDS!
yoshi - idiot.
kirby - pink blob. he just sucks.
olimar - throwing pikmin is just so boring.
fox - furry.
falco - furry.
wolf - furry.
lucario -new pokemons SUCK.
sonic - YOURE TO SLOW! YOURE TO SLOW! YOURE TO SLOW! - ITS ENOUGH!!1
diddy - shoots peanuts and has NO character at ALL.

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
I can't stand Pikachu, DK, Jigglypuff, and King Dedede. I just don't like those characters for some reason... Expecially Pikachu who annoys the crap out of me with his "Pika, Pika, Pika".

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I do the Pika taunt just to annoy people. :laugh:

Oh, and by the way, noone's allowed to get mad at me for maining Toon Link. I mained Young Link in Melee, and I personally dont find Toon Link as good, so he's my birthright anywho. :p

People who played as Toon Link and decided he's good you're allowed to get mad at, but as for me:

SSB main: Link
SSBM main: Young Link
SSBB main: Toon Link (I actually chose Samus for ages because I wanted to be different, but it wasn't the same.)

EDIT: I spam Pit's Up taunt whenever I play as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom