• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl characters we hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I can't stand Pit. Between the n00bs spamming the side-B and his "You can't defeat me!" winning pose....and to top it off, when a projectile hits his Mirror Shield, you can hear him say "Nice try!". UGH!

Corigames

Smash Hero
I can't stand Pit. Between the n00bs spamming the side-B and his "You can't defeat me!" winning pose....and to top it off, when a projectile hits his Mirror Shield, you can hear him say "Nice try!". UGH!
You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow!

You see where I'm coming from?

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
Okay.

Ganondorf- He was unsuccessful in Melee because he was slow, clunky, and unwieldy. Not to mention the fact that he didn't have any of the powers that he had in the games and was a Captain Falcon clone. Then in Brawl, they make him *gasp* I know! Let's make him slower, clunkier, more unwieldy, with no boost to strength, AND make him still a clone while giving him nothing but a taunt hinting that they knew what he wanted!!!! It's times like that where I hate Sakurai....

Wario- Seriously, out of all the mario characters to throw into the game, why the hell did we get Wario? And with the half-***** and poorly animated moveset he gets that tries to be comically youthful and ends just being stupid.

Sonic- I'm sorry, but there were better 3rd party characters. His style doesn't fit the fighting style of smash bros, and his moveset shows it.

Ness- I don't really have anything against the character. I mean, I play as Lucas so I can't really complain too much. But you'd think that if they gave him a clone, that he, as the hero fo Earthbound, would have a moveset involving moves that HE USES IN EARTHBOUND!!!!!!

Ike- I just hated Path of Radiance. I think he makes a fine Smash character, though. Nothing against any Ike players here.

Blackadder

Smash Master
You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow! You're too slow!

You see where I'm coming from?
You ****er! :mad:

YOU STOLE MY JOKE! And since I'm a one trick pony, you've forced me to THINK up a new one! Thinking kills braincells. :(

I like toast.

Meh, don't really hate anyone other than Marth. I find his tiara and face annoying. He's stupid and has a very vacant look on his face half the time.

Lyn would've been a great replacement, even if she just had all of his moves, albeit a bit tweaked. Then Marth and Roy could've just been an assist trophy.

Although, if you pick him with a Wiimote, the sound coming from the speaker sounds like he's going, "The F**K!" from a distance.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I hate Pikachu's Dsmash, Fair, Down B, And pikachu in its entirety.

Pikachu stinks. Also hate going against Pits.

MidniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
The place I currently reside at is Coral Springs,
I don't hate Ike but I see alot of beginners using him and being decent from simply spamming his forward smash when people are at high damage.

Aside from that the only character after at least trying them all would have to be Wario. He walks all ******** and while he may have air game I find him stupid. The bike is impractical, you have to wait forever on his "charge attack" (anyone who has played Wario knows what I mean) I just really think he's stupid. I'd say Olimar as well and while me and my friends label him as the worst char in the game if there were no final smashes, i actually like using him for some reason.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Let's let out some steam. ITT talk about the characters from Brawl that you dislike, hate, loathe, what have you.

Luigi is one of those characters for me. Being a Mario fan, I used to respect Luigi. He's supposed to be Mario's equal, not some scared little ***** like they portray him in this game. And his final smash irritates the hell out of me. It's not that I totally hate him, I just don't like what he has become.

I also dislike Yoshi. Ever since Yoshi's Story I could never forgive Nintendo for making Yoshi such a stupid character. I miss the good old days, when Yoshi was cool, like SMW and Yoshi's Island.

I kind of hate Pit, just because I know everyone plays as him, and he has a lot of really annoying moves.

But my most hated character is ZERO SUIT SAMUS. Granted I could go on a huge long-winded rant about this, but my main beef is that she's a fanservice character, which is something Samus should never have become.

So who are your most hated/disliked characters?
I don't hate any characters but like you, I hate what Nintendo has done to Luigi (in Brawl and Luigi's Mansion) and Yoshi (Yoshi Story and on).

I don't believe Zero Suit Samus is a fanservice character. She's more revealing in the special endings of the earlier Metroid games.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
I would say I hate Falco. But I take some joy in knowing that every time he sees MetaKnight and Pit flying around, he has to feel like **** that he had his wings clipped (don't know, just assuming, he falls like a rock and never flies).

So, who am I left to hate? Diddy Kong. He's clearly working for someone. I'm gonna go ahead and say it, he used to be a p*ssy. He relied on Donkey Kong to save his *** constantly. Now, not only is he going to kick your face in, he's then going to kick Donkey Kong's face in...and then, when you turn off your Wii, he's going to kick Cranky Kong's ***. Wow, what a d|ck.

Back to my comment on him working for someone. The Kongs never, EVER hoarded banana peels, they hoarded delciious bananas and then just tossed the scraps wherever. What sick, evil genius whispered in Diddy Kong's ear to stick a couple of peels up his shirt to keep for a situation where he needs to piss everyone right the hell off. I don't know what his evil agenda is, but I'm on to him.

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
Okay.

Ganondorf- He was unsuccessful in Melee because he was slow, clunky, and unwieldy. Not to mention the fact that he didn't have any of the powers that he had in the games and was a Captain Falcon clone. Then in Brawl, they make him *gasp* I know! Let's make him slower, clunkier, more unwieldy, with no boost to strength, AND make him still a clone while giving him nothing but a taunt hinting that they knew what he wanted!!!! It's times like that where I hate Sakurai....

Wario- Seriously, out of all the mario characters to throw into the game, why the hell did we get Wario? And with the half-***** and poorly animated moveset he gets that tries to be comically youthful and ends just being stupid.

Sonic- I'm sorry, but there were better 3rd party characters. His style doesn't fit the fighting style of smash bros, and his moveset shows it.

Ness- I don't really have anything against the character. I mean, I play as Lucas so I can't really complain too much. But you'd think that if they gave him a clone, that he, as the hero fo Earthbound, would have a moveset involving moves that HE USES IN EARTHBOUND!!!!!!

Ike- I just hated Path of Radiance. I think he makes a fine Smash character, though. Nothing against any Ike players here.
LOL i agree with you on hating Ganondorf, Ness and Wario but Sonic and Ike are OK

I also hate Yoshi, Luigi, King D3
Wat is the point of ness he is a crappy player Keep Lucas he rocks kill ness
They all suck i would rather them have put megaman and issac(goldensun) on there i also hate what they made of Samus i mean they totally took a great player and Destroyed it completely they also tuned down captain falcon
In my opinion kirby link and Wolf are my faves then snake fox and Falco

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
I found it funny they had the age wrong on her trophy... and yeah, her voice sucked in Brawl. She should have been playable...

Anyway... I don't really hate many characters. I mean, I hate that Jigglypuff got in even though no one really cares about it anymore. I hate that Ganondorf is so ridiculously weak.

I guess the only actual character I don't like is Yoshi.
what do you mean with "her voice Sucked"??
The game is new, its not dead you can play it whenever therefore its still a "sucks"

2 characters i forgot last time:

Jigglypuff: The fact that jigglypuff is the 2nd biggest WTF character ever been in the smash series (seriously who would have though/ wanted jigglypuff in this game?) And she became kinda a little tratition. being the first character to be unlocked. and thats ok... But now that jigglypuff very rarerly shows in the animé, s/he is an underused pokemon. and isnt even the first character to unlock. there is no point having her there, even how much i like her rollouts and resting.

If you asked me this question 3 days ago, id also would say Sheik. I have never had the power to control her. shes to fast and runs weird. and also like pit, ice climbers and Lucas only showed up in 1 game.
But 2 days ago i tested her in a normal melee batle for like the 2nd time in 5 years. and i actually liked her style. so yeah, i like her now xD

and for you saying "why did they put wario in the game?" people, wario, diddy kong and meta knight were the most surprising character that they didnt show up in melee. they all are big characters from they're series and was just wanted by many. Wario, MK and DiK had the bigges chances to come in brawl anyway.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
I hate to complain, but I really think Ike is a little bit broken. His aerials have the nastiest range, they aree so strong and come out incredibly quick. Not too mention is insane side-B recovery or fsmash that has killed me numerous times at like %40 damage..........bull****....

Zeik188

Smash Cadet
I gotta throw my 2-cents into this.

Toon Link: I'm not exactly sure why so many people hate his cause he's a clone. Hell, Young link was a Clone also. You had to know Another Link clone was coming back. My beef with this guy is he just doesnt fit in. You know, with his cel shaded ness.

The PK Kids: Not so much Ness, but Lucas. He comes from plum **** no where and is instantly stronger then Ness in everyway. I respect Ness players highly because of this, even though they normally get owned.

Pit: Arrow spam, Reflecter, AND Foward B. How can you NOT hate this guy? I like the character, he's fun to play as, but the online randoms only know the moves listed above. Thats it.

Pikachu: I only hate this guy because my friend plays as him all the time, and he's REALLY good.

Wolf: He's a Fox clone with a few extra tidbits. His Dash attack is right out of Fox's attack move list. The Blaster is stupid, it barely goes anywere, and is easily dodged. His reflecter is WAY over powered, because of its ability to counter ANY move, just like Marth and ike's counter. (Sept it doesnt reverse the damage.) And his Foward smash is just stupid. You cant even roll dodge away from that. And even if you do, the guy just turns around and does it the other way. IT doesnt even look painful! What is the guy doing, hitting you with his nails? How does that cause you to fly off the stage?

Ike: A few reasons. He's WAY overpowerd, and he's a little to quick. He's got mid-teir speed with High-Teir Power. Its just, online players only know how to Spam foward A. A GOOD ike player is scary, but since you almost never see one, he gets classified as a noob character. Also, his winning Taunt "I fight for my friends." Makes me want to cry.

Falco: Dude, nintendo broke this guy. He went from a Fox clone to an extremely annoying camper. Spam lazer, when they get close, Spam A and Smash. USe Reflecter to trip, run to there side of stage, repeat. Thats the way randoms battle with him.

ZZS: I dont hate the character, I HATE the people who play as her just cause they think she's hot. Ok sure, she's nice looking, but I play the character because I like her moveset.

Marth: He's not even that powerful, I dont see why people even play with him.

Olmar: Why is this guy even in the game? Come on, I would've even taken Pichu before this guy!

Rob: Hate. That. Laser. And everything else about him.

Jiggly****: She's my punching Bag. End of story.

Yes I hate about half the roster, but then again, nintendo makes some really silly moves. I woulda liked to see Krystal with her Staff over Wolf or Falco.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't really hate any characters but certain things I hate about the characters:

Wario farting and his alt costume when you get a hammer looks stupid.

Luigi's FS

Landmaster 3x

Cutting of characters from Melee... IMO no character should ever be cut

Sonic - Great character and idea but he needs to be beafed up. His spin dash should do more damage and have more knock back like it does in his games.

Basara

Smash Rookie
Lucas and Ness.
Come on they are the same !!!!!!!! , lucas has jimmyneutron hair , and ness has a baseball cap , thats the only difference between them , and not to mention earthbound game , is one of the worst nintendo game i have never play , worst nintendo franchise ever , dumb designs of both , also lucas is gay , he is craying all the time.......

ROB
Come on , he deserves to die , stupid sakurai ´mentality ¨oh i like retro chars , over other most important characters to nintendo , like ridley or isaac¨

Jigglypuff
One of the most weakest and stupid pokemon in the pokemon world , and also with a ugly design , he only made it to the ssb64 , because stupid japanese fanbase , they like the weirdest characters and the stupid ones , thanks god pichu is out of brawl

Pit , Ice climbers
2 bad and boring NES games , what the hell we need chars of sucky games like that ???? , i can name 1000 chars more important and with more fanbase than this 3 idiots.....

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Sonic - Great character and idea but he needs to be beafed up. His spin dash should do more damage and have more knock back like it does in his games.
I just got the mental image of Genesis Sonic blasting away a 16-bit Mario with a Spindash on the Green Hill Zone stage, followed by "GAME!".

Edit: I like Olimar.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
yet somehow the ice climbers are awesome and people use them and pit. it doesnt matter if the game aws popular or not it just adds a variety to the game. it also introduces people to characters that were before their time....

i do hate toon link though cuz out of all the characters hes the only one who i have the hardest time beating (computer or player) i try playing with him and i suck it up lmao.
and R.O.B. - random. completely random. move base is wierd and i keep thinkin of ET when i see him

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Lucas and Ness.
Come on they are the same !!!!!!!! , lucas has jimmyneutron hair , and ness has a baseball cap , thats the only difference between them , and not to mention earthbound game , is one of the worst nintendo game i have never play , worst nintendo franchise ever , dumb designs of both , also lucas is gay , he is craying all the time.......

ROB
Come on , he deserves to die , stupid sakurai ´mentality ¨oh i like retro chars , over other most important characters to nintendo , like ridley or isaac¨

Jigglypuff
One of the most weakest and stupid pokemon in the pokemon world , and also with a ugly design , he only made it to the ssb64 , because stupid japanese fanbase , they like the weirdest characters and the stupid ones , thanks god pichu is out of brawl

Pit , Ice climbers
2 bad and boring NES games , what the hell we need chars of sucky games like that ???? , i can name 1000 chars more important and with more fanbase than this 3 idiots.....

Nice grammar...........not. I'll leave that at that. Anyways Lucas and Ness are in fact very different characters outside of a few moves. Lucas plays much quicker and nearly all his attacks are PSI based, while Ness has alot of Yo-Yo moves. I can't really say much else about your other choices (even though I love ROB and ICs) because this is an opinion question and I can respect that, its just your reasoning behind disliking Ness and Lucas is flawed.

J0™

Smash Apprentice
Peach:
Something abouts her makes me wanna set her on on fire and nail to a wall with paper clips O.o (yea I'm overreacting a little bit..)

Sonic:
This thing has too many 12-year old fanboys, and I can't stand his smartass "I'm sooo awesome!"-attitude.

Marth:
The forgot to nerf it D:

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Oh, yeah, Peach. Hate her too. She was my main in Melee, but her character got the "I'm such a pretty princess! I'm so perfect!" overhaul (well, more of it).

Sonic_keyblade

Smash Apprentice
What is wrong with you guys? How can you hate the wonderful Lucas and Zamus?
Lucas is technically a clone, but he is alot more than that. Sure he has most of the same moves... but have you really considered the differences? He is his own character, and just look at his Hair 0_0

Zamus is a HUGE stretch from Samus. In terms of Speed, Power, weight, range. She is a completely different character, and she wears skin-tight clothes and plays with whips... who wouldn't like that?

Peach is pretty cool too! She is EXTREMELY hard to play and anyone who can main her is amazing.

Ice climbers are awesome! they have so much potential! you can do so many things that you couldn't do with ANY other characters.

The only bad thing about Toon link is the stupid dair spammers... He is actually alot different than Link, In terms of speed, power, weight, and style of play.

I am actually pretty good as falco, opposed to the other two space animals, I suck as them...

I only understand the rest of the hate for that especially gosh-darn Pit and Yoshi.... the stupid *******....

Lenvil

Smash Cadet
Lucas and Ness.

ROB

Jigglypuff

Pit , Ice climbers
Lucas and Ness are not the same. No one in this game is the same as anyone else. They both have PK Thunder and PK Fire, and even those aren't the same. This is a very noob post. You shouldn't be allowed on smash boards.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That isn't what made it a noobish post. His inability to grasp the awesomeness that is the Mother series, is.

Basara

Smash Rookie
Nice grammar...........not. I'll leave that at that. Anyways Lucas and Ness are in fact very different characters outside of a few moves. Lucas plays much quicker and nearly all his attacks are PSI based, while Ness has alot of Yo-Yo moves. I can't really say much else about your other choices (even though I love ROB and ICs) because this is an opinion question and I can respect that, its just your reasoning behind disliking Ness and Lucas is flawed.
Sorry , I do the best i can..... English is not my main lenguaje , i need to study a lot more.....

Lucas and Ness are not the same. No one in this game is the same as anyone else. They both have PK Thunder and PK Fire, and even those aren't the same. This is a very noob post. You shouldn't be allowed on smash boards.
Lucas and Ness are the same , in the art and design of the characters not in the moveset , i am a lucas player , i know all of his potential........ , i like his moveset and all , i just hate Mother series , it sucks , they deserve to die...

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
Ike because he's tooo ****ing powerful

pikachu who stole peach's down smash from melee...c-stick down b c-stick down b...god

Zelda cuz of that bull**** din's fire that she can spam more than samus's missiles

Pit cuz dat muh****a will not die

fox, falco, an wolf...way to ****in copout sakurai, any originality in the landmasta?!?!?!? ya know that you could have, i dunno fox in the landmaster, wolf summoning the star wolf team and bombarding the screen, falco bombarding the screen with an arwing or great fox?

LOST_815

Smash Cadet
I don't HATE these characters... I just hate fighting them:

Zelda: The retardedly large blast radius and easy spammability of din's fire, and the mega annoying standing b reflector.

Pit: HIYAYAYAYAAAAAAAA. And the spammability of his arrows is sad. I almost felt guilty for using them in SSE to great effectiveness...

Ike: When playing in random brawls, every ******* somehow kept falling into his charged attacks and dying, letting him win over and over. I remedied this last time I played by constantly going after him.

Wario: I still have never used him, but I absolutely HATE fighting him. I beat my friend who was using him with Yoshi though. It felt good.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Lucas and Ness are the same , in the art and design of the characters not in the moveset , i am a lucas player , i know all of his potential........ , i like his moveset and all , i just hate Mother series , it sucks , they deserve to die...
For the record, have you ever played mother 3? Have you? It's not that hard, just get the game, go on gameFAQs for a translation guide, and play it. So have you ever played Mother 3? For the record? No?

Then shut up, go "buy" it, and realize how incredibly wrong you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom