• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl characters we hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Make up your mind! Is fanservice a good thing (snake) or a bad thing? (sonic) :laugh:
I haven't got brawl yet, but it sucks to see having wolf added as well as lucas, while a character like megaman is left out. I know megaman is not nintendo property, but neither are sonic and snake!
Unique Fanservice, which gives you special characteristics or new ways to play the game is good, I like snake because he is so completely diffrent in every possible way from normal nintendo characters, that seeing him convert into an SSB game makes him the most unique and interesting fighter in the game.

also note that it's a special idea, nobody would've thought of putting snake in an SSB game, it's like the Kojima-Capcom collaboration with putting Boktai into Rockman.EXE and vice versa.

sonic on the other hand, is a widely known competitor for mario, from the same genre, and he has nothing that really distinguishes him from the nintendo characters in the game, except the fact he's fast. also sonic was cried for by many fans, and that just makes it seem like "hey, lets put him in, and people will buy the game more". you can see how rushed the decision was, since he doesn't even get a stage in the SSE, and his only cut-scene is an unexplained non-related to anything one.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
I hate Kirby because they spend half of their time over the ledge if they have higher percentage than you.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oooh, this is my kind of thread. Because the only thing I've been doing since the release of the game is complain anyway. Well, let's blow this joint! *energetic pose*

Ordered very roughly by magnitude of hate:

Diddy!
I was neutral towards him. Then he turned out to be more powerful than not only DK, but also more powerful than most characters. It's a frikkin random chimp in a red shirt and a red cap, guys. It has zero personality and a design that a grade-schooler could have done a better job at. At least DK has a bit of personality, a long and significant video gaming history and a frikkin tie. Diddy has no right to overshadow him whatsoever.

Pit!
I once tried to establish a list of what sort of tier ranking characters deserve to have. Pit was at the top, because he's classic, he's an angel, and there's just nothing objectionable about him. In fact, he's kind of lovable. But that kid is ridiculous. His B move might as well be "press to inflict damage on opponent". His weaknesses are that he has no KO moves, except that he has better KO moves than MOST **** characters, and that he's light, which he ISN'T. Goddammit Sakurai, we know you have a thing for pretty boys, but TRY to be a little professional about them, will ya!
And his abominable English voice doesn't help things.

Marth!
Exactly the same as Pit. Fox was nerfed, which was necessary. Samus and Ganondorf were nerfed, which was perfectly unnecessary. Captain Falcon and Sheik were nerfed to the point that I, as weird as it is for me to say this, almost feel sorry for them. And Marth... "what, he was overpowered? NO WAI!"

Falco!
Should have been cut in the first place. Wolf actually adds some personality. Falco, as I like to put it, is just Fox except more of a c0ck. In more than one way, if you catch my drift. And I haven't seen him in action too often, but I hear that he's overpowered again. It's always the least deserving ones, it seems.

Olimar!
Similar to Diddy. He's a pretty uninteresting character who I could take or leave. Now he's obscenely powerful for some reason. I can see why you'd make him really powerful when he's almost incapable of fighting without his Pikmin, but come the HELL on, it takes him ONE ****ING SECOND TO PULL OUT AN ARMY OF THEM!

Game&Watch and ROB...
Don't really hate them, but really now. There's no reason to make them so obscenely strong. Neither of those characters have any fanbases, apart from the few people who liked G&W in Melee. If THOSE characters were bad fighters instead of characters like Mario and Link, at least it wouldn't offend as many people.
That said, I like ROB. He's not deserving to be in, but he has more personality than some other established characters.

Lucas...
I liked him, actually, but why is it that he's better than Ness in just about every respect? I mean, his fsmash is a frikkin stick, yet it's not only faster than the Homerun Bat, but also stronger? Bah.

Special mentions go to Snake and Toon Link, both of whom I still like, but whose extreme power I have to try to ignore somehow. Which is hard. Toon Link is better than Link in every respect, if you ignore the few extra pixels of sword that Link has and the fact that it takes, like, 5% more to KO Link off the top. Comparing Snake to Ganondorf, though, Snake is better in REALLY every respect. Which is just... sad, really.

Yes, all I care about is balance. It's the thing I wanted the most in the game, so you'll have to excuse my bitterness.

Angewomon

Smash Apprentice
Falco. Well, I hate the Star Fox characters in general, but Falco in special is very "undescriptible".

Einzelkind

Smash Rookie
I really don't like the Starfox characters.They're the lamest Nintendo characters ever made arisen from the lamest Nintendo series ever made and I just don't get why there are three of them in Brawl,while Donkey Kong (OK we all know that Nintendo hates Donkey Kong since Donkey Kong 64) only gets two.

They've always reminded me of some cheap Namco characters(Well isn't it ironic that Namco made the last Starfox game?).Their whole design is just incredibly bad.Fox the fox and Falco the falcon(that has to be the most ingenious name in the whole series) have exactly the same character,while Wolf the wolf barely has one at all.

And I hate how uninspired their movesets are.I now that the properties are different,but thery're basically the same character.

I also don't like how lazy they were with Toon Link and Ganondorf's movesets and that Luigi didn't get his Poltergeist 3000.

Frown

poekmon
I really don't like the Starfox characters.They're the lamest Nintendo characters ever made arisen from the lamest Nintendo series ever made and I just don't get why there are three of them in Brawl,while Donkey Kong (OK we all know that Nintendo hates Donkey Kong since Donkey Kong 64) only gets two.

They've always reminded me of some cheap Namco characters(Well isn't it ironic that Namco made the last Starfox game?).Their whole design is just incredibly bad.Fox the fox and Falco the falcon(that has to be the most ingenious name in the whole series) have exactly the same character,while Wolf the wolf barely has one at all.

And I hate how uninspired their movesets are.I now that the properties are different,but thery're basically the same character.

I also don't like how lazy they were with Toon Link and Ganondorf's movesets and that Luigi didn't get his Poltergeist 3000.
I agree to every single word.

Freezrbrn

Smash Cadet
not really a character, but, i hate how everyone goes on and on about how "fox, falco, and wolf are all the same characters." yeah, in melee, fox and falco were nearly identical. that got fixed. all three shines are different. lazers have different rates of fire and damage. falco doesn't kick anymore. at least it's a start. gah.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ein Landsmann! Was für eine Seltenheit! :p

I can agree about Fox and Falco. I absolutely despised how both were the top of the cream in Melee, because they were quite possibly the least interesting characters in the game. Wolf, however, I have to disagree with. For one, I keep hearing that he's some sort of anti-hero with a deep backstory or something. I don't know about that.
But what I do know is that he's a frikkin feral psycho-killer in a Nintendo game! He's still not terribly original in the big picture, but compared to the other characters, that makes him pretty unique. Hence why I like him.

Well, I do hear a lot about he's overpowered or something, but at least he IS pretty slow and has a bad recovery, so it's not like they just refused to give him any weaknesses. I don't hate good characters, mind you.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I hate Jigglypuff. She doesn't deserve to be in Smash Bros anymore. It made sense in SSB64 because the anime(which Jiggs was popular in) was in the Kanto region. Than Melee comes out and the anime is in the Johto region and Jiggs is nowhere to be found. Now Brawl is out and the anime is in the Sinnoh region and Jiggs is still nowhere to be seen. So why the f*** would you still have a Pokemon who got it's popularity from the anime in Smash Bros when it hasn't made an appearance in the **** anime for whatever years.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I hate Jigglypuff. She doesn't deserve to be in Smash Bros anymore. It made sense in SSB64 because the anime(which Jiggs was popular in) was in the Kanto region. Than Melee comes out and the anime is in the Johto region and Jiggs is nowhere to be found. Now Brawl is out and the anime is in the Sinnoh region and Jiggs is still nowhere to be seen. So why the f*** would you still have a Pokemon who got it's popularity from the anime in Smash Bros when it hasn't made an appearance in the **** anime for whatever years.
By that logic...

R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Half the assist trophies
Half the music or more
Many of the stages
Ice Climbers
Pit
etc.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Last time I checked I was talking about the Pokemon anime, since when where those characters in the anime? I understand what mean by having those characters up there due to not appearing in a game for many years but I was specifically saying that Jiggs got popular from appearing in the anime which is why she was in SSB64. Now she is no longer in the anime so she no longer needed in Smash Bros. Also those characters you listed are important because they represent a series while Jiggs is just part of her series.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
First of all... I don't like what they did with Diddy Kong... I have always liked him, but in this game... he doesn't really turn right out... he just isn't the same old Diddy Kong that I used to like...

another character I don't like is Jigglypuff... simply because Jigglypuff is a character that still isn't very powerfull... and Jigglypuff is like the weakes character ever...

Mr. Gay-man watch... I just don't like him... I think that's the stupidest character ever...

and last but least, I really hate Ganondorf... not because I think he's a too weak or to overpowered character... but simply because he's so evil that I just want to kill him...

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
The only character I have it in for is DK, throughout all of the Smash games and other appearances, I don't see what the appeal of DK is, he's awkward to play as even (unless you've really worked at it, naturally.)

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
Nintendo HQ: Well Yoshi's Story was too easy...I have an idea! *makes Yoshi's Touch and Go* Get this, it's a game with no plot and NO storymode! It's entirely score based! *Yoshi's Touch and Go proceeds to flop* Hmm...well I have another idea! *makes Yoshi's Topsy-Turvy/Yoshi's Universal Gravitation* It uses a tilt-sensor! How brilliant! *Yoshi's Topsy-Turvy proceeds to flop* Well...let's make Yoshi's Island DS...people wanted a sequel! *makes game that's entirely too easy, has the single most repetitive soundtrack ever and...IS TOO EASY* Well...we kinda messed up...what now? *makes Yoshi terrible in Brawl and gives his series 4 trophies total* Brilliant!

Seriously...I love Yoshi's Island, it's one of my all time favorite games...but Nintendo has just slowly been killing him...Artoon messed up twice, once with Yoshi's Topsy-Turvy by making it a travesty and again with Yoshi's Island DS by making it pathetic in comparison to the game that came out...oh...eleven or so years before it.
Maybe its too easy because its a kids game...

As is Super Mario Galaxy. Built for kids.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Toon Link. we were told no clones. what did we get? one clone, in the form of toon link.

Olimar. I will admit he's a strong character, but his attacks are like...all the same kind of thing e_e pikmin throwing.

Lucario. he's a little **** bag. he stole mewtwo's rightful place as veteran. Now, I have nothing personal against lucario, if mewtwo AND lucario were in I would not be whining right now.

Ness and Lucas. I can never control them, and it's annoying e_e

Walter <_< omfg that bulborb is ****ing annoying e_e

ANY smash characters that have a beef with R.O.B. -_- he is the SAVIOR of gaming, show him respect. respect NAO dammit!!! :mad:

majora_787

Smash Hero
snake- campers
olimar-campers
metaknight- noobs
ike/marth- jesus
rob- only the ones that projectile alot
Why is metaknight a noob ._. I can understand why he's annoying, but...I mean, I was OROGINALLY gonna main fox, then lucas, then snake, then wolf ._. I main MK because im good with him.

Sonork

Smash Cadet
Snake...

Hes all "I'm basically the heaviest character in the game but I'm really fast and stronger than Bowser! My utilt and ftilt hit people not even close to me and KO easy and I have the most abusable sliding attack in the game. I can also spam grenades which have a ridiculous explosive range, oh and did I mention I kill people by holding forward and mashing AA? Cause I can!"

Pit...

"I'm the greatest ever, I have not 1 but 2 reflector moves, am really fast and have the best recovery in the game. Oh I'm also a MIDDLE WEIGHT and have not only the most annoying aimable fastest spamming projectile in the game I also have the most annoying forward B in the game coupled with the most annoying sound and voice. Did I mention I'm a middle weight? Cause I'm Pit and I'm so good!."

Ike...

"I kill EVERYONE at 50-70% cause i'm hard to use. I only have 4 moves with invulnerablility frames cause I'm so hard to use. Most of my moves also hit behind me cause I don't like having to face the person I'm killing at a low %. I have the best verticle recovery and a decent horizontal recovery while I kill people at low %. I'm basically a HW and have the most range and power in the game while killing people at low % cause I'm a hard character to play.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo HQ: Well Yoshi's Story was too easy...I have an idea! *makes Yoshi's Touch and Go* Get this, it's a game with no plot and NO storymode! It's entirely score based! *Yoshi's Touch and Go proceeds to flop* Hmm...well I have another idea! *makes Yoshi's Topsy-Turvy/Yoshi's Universal Gravitation* It uses a tilt-sensor! How brilliant! *Yoshi's Topsy-Turvy proceeds to flop* Well...let's make Yoshi's Island DS...people wanted a sequel! *makes game that's entirely too easy, has the single most repetitive soundtrack ever and...IS TOO EASY* Well...we kinda messed up...what now? *makes Yoshi terrible in Brawl and gives his series 4 trophies total* Brilliant!

Seriously...I love Yoshi's Island, it's one of my all time favorite games...but Nintendo has just slowly been killing him...Artoon messed up twice, once with Yoshi's Topsy-Turvy by making it a travesty and again with Yoshi's Island DS by making it pathetic in comparison to the game that came out...oh...eleven or so years before it.
WTF? Yoshi island DS was good. :dizzy:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Ike anoys me. Probably becuase he's almost the only one I meet online(alongside Pit).
And the only thing he does is Fsmash and SideB.
Just anoying. Really when he actually kills you at 40-50%

D

Deleted member

^^Wait...you've brawled online?*envy*

I personally don't think that Toon Link deserves to be in Brawl. I mean, he's just a shorter and cartoonier version of Link! He's a good character and all, but his spot could easily be held by another like Vaati.

Rash

Smash Ace
WTF? Yoshi island DS was good. :dizzy:
I finished it recently. Yeah, it's good. Not as memorable as the original Yoshi's Island, but it still had fun level design. The music wasn't bad either, though, again, it's not as memorable as what we were introduced to in the previous game.

Right now I'm trying to beat the secret levels, and wow, they are tough. I think the easiness of Yoshi's Island DS is overstated, because in all honesty, neither game is really difficult. In fact, I'd say it's much harder to get a score of 100 on every level in Yoshi's Island DS than it was in the original Yoshi's Island.

As far as characters I hate? Well, when it comes to using them, I hate Ice Climbers. When it comes to facing them, I hate Marth.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
I finished it recently. Yeah, it's good. Not as memorable as the original Yoshi's Island, but it still had fun level design. The music wasn't bad either, though, again, it's not as memorable as what we were introduced to in the previous game.

Right now I'm trying to beat the secret levels, and wow, they are tough.

As far as characters I hate? Well, when it comes to using them, I hate Ice Climbers. When it comes to facing them, I hate Marth.
Exactly. For characters I hate, it has to be wario. The fatass just gets on my nerves.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm so tired. They keep laughing mummy. Why do they do that.

^^Wait...you've brawled online?*envy*

I personally don't think that Toon Link deserves to be in Brawl. I mean, he's just a shorter and cartoonier version of Link!
He's also as scary as a flaming turd coming right for your ballsack.
Seriously, as a Ganonbaby mainer, I'm always on the edge of my seat when facing off to Toon. If I run away, he projectiles me, so I have to remain close, and move and think as fast as the Gerudo King can do so.

Which isn't very fast.

My real beef is with, honestly, Gray Fox the AT. Not sure if he counts, but.. I honestly wanted Raiden. Shut up. :(:bee:

Fawriel

Smash Master
and last but least, I really hate Ganondorf... not because I think he's a too weak or to overpowered character... but simply because he's so evil that I just want to kill him...
That's interesting.
I mean. We're all talking about what characters we hate and whatnot, talking about their strength, the people who tend to play them, their design and whether they deserve to be in the game...
And then it's like "I hate Ganondorf" "Why? He got totally shafted and everything!" "... he's the king of evil and eats people for breakfast." "...oh, that. Right."

Also, Ike. Good thing they didn't leave him unplayable. But did they have to make him more of a medium speed character while giving him more strength in his pinky finger than Bowser has in all his horns combined?

Also, why are the Fire Emblem dudes so strong in the first place? Let's look at this from a scientific point of view:

Link - One-man army.
Samus - One-man army.
Mewtwo - One-man army.
Marth and Ike - Ordinary people with swords who need armies to protect them so they don't get brutally slaughtered by a couple of random footsoldiers.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
In order from most hated to least:

1.LameLucario: What Hemightbegiant said.

2. Wolf/Falco: Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Starfox 64, but dear jesus, 3 starfox reps? Just one was more than enough. Tell me, what exactly is so important about a long-since-washed up franchise, that it received more reps than F-zero and Metroid COMBINED!? Really now, why does a game series with only 5 installments, only 2 of them being good, have more reps than, say, oh, FIRE EMBLEM, that has 12 installments, ALL of them being great games? Or heck, what about custom robo, having 5 installments, most of which (sans battle revolution) were good. But it has absolutely NO reps whatsoever. In the words of the AVGN: What were they THINKING!?

3.Diddy kong: I think he was a good addition, but I still hate him.

4. Marth: I love him as a character. But earth-to-sakurai: YOU DO NOT BUFF AN ALREADY OVERPOWERED CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

5. Ike: He's okay, but dear god, is he overused.(not to mention, as a FE character, hideously overrated.)

6. Sonic: I used to like him, but something about his appearance in brawl ticks me off. It could be how tacked-on he feels, compared to the other characters. It could be his giant legion of fanboys, who whined about his brawl appearance before brawl was even announced. Or, it could just be that I'm ticked off Megaman didn't get in instead, since he's way cooler than sonic ever will be. I just don't know.

7. Ice Climbers: C'mon, seriously? There were MUCH better retro characters to choose from than....them.... I still really wonder what sakurai was on when they chose them, of all things.

D

Deleted member

QFT

The gameplay stayed essentially the same, which is a good thing. However, the graphics and music were Superman 64 and Sonic R, respectively, compared to the first Yoshi's Island. Heck, you can't imagine my excitement when I first heard the brawl piece "Yoshi's Island".:bee:

smashfan1337

Smash Cadet
simply i hate jigglypuff there is just no point to her she has the most terrible moves in the game plus for all u people who think r.o.b and g&w suck guess what im a pround rob and g&w mainer

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
I like them all, but I guess Luigi. They always portrayed him as being afraid of EVERYTHING since Luigi's Mansion which is dumb

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I hate:

Toon Link- WW just pissed me off with the cel animation.

Peach- Only gay people use her (or girls on some occasions)

G&W- ANYONE could have replaced this guy.

Ness- Just a huge grudge against him for that broken Dsmash in 64.

and last but not least...
ALL OF THE SSE ENEMIES

honestly, where the **** did eyeball fish come from? it's like playing that ****ty TMNT game for the NES with random flaming people, aliens and ****. i wanted to see some REAL enemies from the games, like Stalfos or Metroids or even random Rattata attacks.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
mostly just MK, and pikmin.

insanely stupid cheap characters. olimar users hsould be ashamed. ur NOT wining your matches by skill. who the hell thought of making a guy whos surrounded by 6 other mini chars to protect him and boost his range 200%

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
That's interesting.
I mean. We're all talking about what characters we hate and whatnot, talking about their strength, the people who tend to play them, their design and whether they deserve to be in the game...
And then it's like "I hate Ganondorf" "Why? He got totally shafted and everything!" "... he's the king of evil and eats people for breakfast." "...oh, that. Right."

Also, Ike. Good thing they didn't leave him unplayable. But did they have to make him more of a medium speed character while giving him more strength in his pinky finger than Bowser has in all his horns combined?

Also, why are the Fire Emblem dudes so strong in the first place? Let's look at this from a scientific point of view:

Link - One-man army.
Samus - One-man army.
Mewtwo - One-man army.
Marth and Ike - Ordinary people with swords who need armies to protect them so they don't get brutally slaughtered by a couple of random footsoldiers.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

lmao you could totally beat FE radiant dawn with ike easily alone O.o. hes overpowered top tier in that game and hes STILL overpowerd noob friendly in THIS game

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
I don't like Mr. Game and Watch. He sucked in Melee and now he's even more annoying in brawl.

Plus ROB is a thousand times better. Why the lack of ROB love? I'm assuming it's because you suck arse with him. Great character.

-Zangetsu-

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't stand Pit at all !!!

Arrow Spam
2 !!!!! REFLECTORS~
Side-B
18 Jumps
+TERRIBLE VOICE ACTING
--------------------------------
= Do Not Want.

<3's Samus :p

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I hate the fact that I spent a week throwing the controller around my room trying to beat Kid Icarus, and when I finally did, everyone freaking uses Pit. Most Pit users just use him because he is cheap, even though they have never played or even think his game sucked. Kid Icarus is an amazing game and if you don't have the patience to beat it, you don't deserve to use Pit.
Okay, that's enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom