• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Characters: Does Color make a difference?

Altres

Smash Apprentice
Doess it? Please list why, your favorite color swap and why you like it.

NO TEXTURE HACKS!

I might of put this in character discussion but then i would have to post in every one :p

Altres

Smash Apprentice
Mine is either Dark Link,Mr.Saturn Ness,Dark Fox, Silver Lucario, Hoenn Pika, Dark Meta Knight,Black Wolf, and Golden Ike. :D

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
Blue Ike = Mega Marth = Win

I also like Pink Falcon, Luigi, and Meta Knight, because it makes them all manlier.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Lol, I remember on a prolimar's article, Negrolimar was good in the Oli-Diddy matchup, simply because the banana in negrolimar's hand becomes less apparent.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Light blue Gaw has a tactical advantage in that you can't tell if his bucket is full or not(because he starts flashing when he does, and it's hard to tell over a light color).

Yellow suited Olimar is a decent pick against Diddy, because it's harder for him to tell whether you're holding a banana or not.

Edit: Crap, ninja'd by Blissard

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
I like red Snake, white mk, black falco, hat pika, fire luigi, green marth, and white hair ganondorf.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
No color really doesn't matter, but who the hell would want to play something they hate looking at? Surely not me, for starters.

Anyway, i go all variations of Samus, Blue, Green, and Gold color Link.

Altres

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I remember on a prolimar's article, Negrolimar was good in the Oli-Diddy matchup, simply because the banana in negrolimar's hand becomes less apparent.
Wow, happened to me to,except i was diddy. -_-

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Almost
all green costumes suck.

tekkie

Smash Master
well, when you think about it, a dark color for say falco or snake will blend into halberd/frigate/dark stages, whereas super bright blue G&W is super visible. you could argue it's a slight tactical advantage lol

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
Blue falco, blue mario, default meta knight, default snake, default diddy, default olimar, default donkey kong... mostly defaults. xD;

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
I always play blue gloves olimar because people dislike that color so much.

Either that or pink shoes.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Red Mario cuz his colors suck
Any color(cept pink) luigi, cuz they all look good on him
lavender link because I find it so much easier to z-air
white MK because he looks so slick in it
red snake because FIRE CAMOUFLAGE, YOU CAN'T SEE HIM WHEN HES ON FIRE!
red falco because Rain
and golden ike because san

AetherWolf

Smash Rookie
NNID
l_eden_l
3DS FC
4811-6991-2875
Blue Lucario, Jigglypuff with a lil' flower on her head, and Dark Link.

But if a character is blue, I'll probably love them.

Kiru

Smash Cadet
Most people pick their color to be more like a username or signature at first. I choose my colors based on the other character. I won't be silver/black bowser when fighting normal ganon or snake, but I would choose blue bowser against pikachu. I have vision problems and it really helps when the colors are contrasting.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
I like defaults XD but pink MK for lulz :D
I usually prefer defaults because I find it more fitting they be in originals, when not default though I usually go with darker colors cept with link, dark tink/link bother me. Albino?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Using different colors gives me certain psychological boosts. I use red Jigglypuff when I play on average, but I switch to green after loosing a game to a tough opponent. I kind of think of it like powering up. Like Goku going super saiyan I guess is a way to put it haha. Also sometimes using the same color gets boring, and I start to play worse. Switching colors gives me a fresh mindset.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I think characters like Pika and Jiggz who wear articles of clothing with each costume change may gain a small advantage by tricking the opponent into thinking their hurtboxes are larger then they actually are.

Top Bottom