• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Character Match-Up chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The whole bomb saving you thing doesn't work out.
Unless you just spam the whole match.
Because you cant ALWAYS have a bomb out.
If you did, you couldn't use A attacks.
AKA only projectiles and spin attack
Not even Zair, you'd drop the bomb.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
The whole bomb saving you thing doesn't work out.
Unless you just spam the whole match.
Because you cant ALWAYS have a bomb out.
If you did, you couldn't use A attacks.
AKA only projectiles and spin attack
Not even Zair, you'd drop the bomb.
Is it not possible to drop->aerial->grab?
And I also think its possible to F-Smash out of a roll while holding a Bomb.

But yes, limited options whilst holding for sure. But are the reduced options worth prevent the chaingrab?

Finns7

Smash Ace
You can zair with a bomb using R and then pressing A and you can also do a fsmash with a bomb by holding the A button as he gets his bomb out. I agree with you though most of the time bombs/grenades are not the best strategy against cg.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Is it not possible to drop->aerial->grab?
And I also think its possible to F-Smash out of a roll while holding a Bomb.

But yes, limited options whilst holding for sure. But are the reduced options worth prevent the chaingrab?
Yeah but i mean you can only use Fsmash one i think.
....Actually I'm not sure. Maybe you can just keep holding A.

And yes. T_T
IC chaingrabs suck

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Best to go with Zelda's strategy... have a defensive game that makes you VERY hard to grab.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Amazing how something with only two dimensions destroys crap with three dimensions. OOOH THE 2nd DIMENSION CANNOT SEE ANY DIMENSION ABOVE IT. Yeah, I bet G&W can see your weak spot when he pops a key through your skull.

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
*waits for the inevitable "it can be broken by ^b" discovery*

Also, vids or it didn't happen.

Well if you were present earlier, you would have read that we had already discussed how marth can up-B out. That is why i said....I HAVE DISCOVERED. I didnt really discover the tech, more so the arguement. Marth can be cg'd 4-5 times and CANNOT escape WITH ANYTHING, including up-B. However, this is very difficult but is also possible. I would show you a vid, but i cant perform said cg yet, i just recently found out that he can be cg'd to 45%ish. Just ask sethlon if you dont believe me.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well if you were present earlier, you would have read that we had already discussed how marth can up-B out. That is why i said....I HAVE DISCOVERED. I didnt really discover the tech, more so the arguement. Marth can be cg'd 4-5 times and CANNOT escape WITH ANYTHING, including up-B. However, this is very difficult but is also possible. I would show you a vid, but i cant perform said cg yet, i just recently found out that he can be cg'd to 45%ish. Just ask sethlon if you dont believe me.
Obviously I noticed that section because I was commenting on it.

The fact is, Sethelon's or anyone else's sayso is not a substitute for hard frame data showing that Marth is stunned the entire time, no matter how he DI's, therefore cannot use his ^b.

edit: And where exactly did Sethelon say this anyway, if you're gonna argue that Falco has a massively effective chaingrab on one of the most difficult characters to chaingrab, you gotta give me something to go on other then your say so.

I thought Link, TL and Snake could escape by holding their bombs and that Jigglypuff could counter by resting.
Marth's ^b is incredible for CG escaping cause it attacks quickly AND every frame before the attack is an invincability frame. So in order to do any combo of any sort on marth, he has to be in hitstun the entire time.

edit:

Since we are talking metagame, then falco would have it perfect each time. So that alone is 45% ish from cg's and then a DLX to combo up with that= approx. 70% EVERY LIFE. This+ camping advantage for falco should mean Falco>Marth.
Forgot to mention this before but.... no, just no.

We do not assume that he gets it every time, we assume that, IF falco grabs Marth at 0% he gets the entire combo off ASSUMING that it is guaranteed.

This does not mean he's guaranteed 70% damage each life, because we can't assume he'll grab at 0. We can't assume he'll grab period actually. It just gives him a good option.

Otherwise, we have to assume that Marth got his 0 death combo in every time, which is just silly.

Shök

Smash Champion
And since hitsun is low in brawl...
Easy CG escapes!!!!!11!!!!eleven!!1!!!

FT and Ambrodeus are right, I can't believe u guys haven't dwelled on that yet.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Umm Ivan, Olimar has a major advantage against Samus. He is too small for her to Zair if he stays on the ground, missle spam is less effective on him than most characters, a full charge shot is neutralized by a single Pikmin, and the Samus community agrees that Olimar is by FAR her worst matchup.

I'll wait for you to change it.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Yoshi's weight makes Utilt chains and uairs easy to link together
Yoshi doesn't get chained to well, actually. He's just too floaty to get stuck like Link or Falco would.

Not too difficult to edgeguard
He's pretty hard to edgeguard, to be honest. Not many of Mario's attacks will send Yoshi in a bad place, as Yoshi can DI up after getting shot vertically, allowing him to recovery high. Even if caped, his crazy aerial movement allows him to DI back really quickly, and not to mention the cape gives yoshi a huge boost if used on the double jump. Super armor is also nice.

Mario lives long with DI
With DI in this matchup, Yoshi will be living longer. He's heavier, but a lot floatier, and has a pretty good recovery, whereas Mario's doesn't cover a lot of distance and he has to recover lower to sweet spot the ledge, or he'll poke above the stage. With DI, Yoshi lives quite long.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
Of course that's baloney, but even if both sides come to an agreement on a verdict, you'll have to force it through Ivan.
OK.
To Ivan:
The pikachu boards have come to the consensus that pikachu = lucas.
The lucas boards either think this is true or think lucas holds SLIGHT advantage.

Either way, it's certainly not Lucas >> Pikachu.
MAYBE Lucas > Pikachu.
But probably Lucas = Pikachu.

Agreed?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yoshi doesn't get chained to well, actually. He's just too floaty to get stuck like Link or Falco would..
This isn't really opinion. Utilts may not chain too easily together because of his nair, but he's heavy enough to be Uair chained. His weight doesn't really affect it. He doesn't float out of range or get hit further than others to regain movement. It just doesn't happen.

He's pretty hard to edgeguard, to be honest. Not many of Mario's attacks will send Yoshi in a bad place, as Yoshi can DI up after getting shot vertically, allowing him to recovery high. Even if caped, his crazy aerial movement allows him to DI back really quickly, and not to mention the cape gives yoshi a huge boost if used on the double jump. Super armor is also nice.
You cape to reverse momentum and reduce jumps; nothing else. Even if his aerial mobility is epic, he doesn't have anymore jumps. Another cape, meteor, Fludd, Bair, or w/e else will keep him from returning. The only real safe spot for Yoshi to return is above. That's the main reason his recovery is rather difficult; because he can recover high above Mario's reach.

With DI in this matchup, Yoshi will be living longer. He's heavier, but a lot floatier, and has a pretty good recovery, whereas Mario's doesn't cover a lot of distance and he has to recover lower to sweet spot the ledge, or he'll poke above the stage. With DI, Yoshi lives quite long.
Mario KOs Yoshi around 110% regardless of DI with an Up angled Fsmash. Mario's recovery is harder to edgeguard than Yoshi's because of his upB and fireballs to protect his approach. The matchup is pretty much even. If anything, Mario has a slight advantage. Yoshis have agreed on this.

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Obviously I noticed that section because I was commenting on it.

The fact is, Sethelon's or anyone else's sayso is not a substitute for hard frame data showing that Marth is stunned the entire time, no matter how he DI's, therefore cannot use his ^b.

edit: And where exactly did Sethelon say this anyway, if you're gonna argue that Falco has a massively effective chaingrab on one of the most difficult characters to chaingrab, you gotta give me something to go on other then your say so.

Marth's ^b is incredible for CG escaping cause it attacks quickly AND every frame before the attack is an invincability frame. So in order to do any combo of any sort on marth, he has to be in hitstun the entire time.

edit:

Forgot to mention this before but.... no, just no.

We do not assume that he gets it every time, we assume that, IF falco grabs Marth at 0% he gets the entire combo off ASSUMING that it is guaranteed.

This does not mean he's guaranteed 70% damage each life, because we can't assume he'll grab at 0. We can't assume he'll grab period actually. It just gives him a good option.

Otherwise, we have to assume that Marth got his 0 death combo in every time, which is just silly.

it is not a massively effective cg, considering it is by far the hardest cg for falco to do....within means of a chaingrabbable character.

I believe sethlon spoke of this in the chaingrab project thread on the falco boards. He said something like "Chaingrabbing Marth is reaaaaalllllyyyyy hard :(" Ill edit with the exact quote.

Okay here is the exact quote:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164990

post #31 and #45

"So, I got an opportunity to test stuff out at a tourney yesterday. Falco CAN chaingrab marth without him being able to upB out of it...you just have to have near perfect timing on the run -> grab. Even with him mashing upB i was still able to chaingrab him, although if I messed up in the slightest he'd be alble to upB.

And confirmation on being able to chain sonic too...and that match got recorded, so I can show it to you guys whenever Xyro puts it up on the great 'tube."

"Timing the chaingrab against marth is reeaally hard We might be better off just baiting his upB and then just punishing."

Browny

Smash Hater
and despite being able to CG sonic Sethlon once again recently lost his set to mr 3000's sonic at HOBO 8... id like to hear what he thinks about the matchup

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Someone asked me about my Captain Falcon Matchups guide (link) regarding this thread so I'm going to post it here since the PM reply character limit is too small. I'm going to be gone for about a week starting tommorrow, so I won't have any opportunity to discuss further for a while and I rarely look in this thread anyways so if you disagree with me I probably won't argue back.

=============================================

DanGR said:
I'm collecting data for the character specific board matchup thread and I'm wondering which of the following are considered big disadvantages, advantages, nuetral, and advantageous matchups for the Captain.

3 {Nightmare Matchups}
4 {Painful Matchups}
5 {Difficult Matchups}
6 {Not-So-Bad Matchups}
7 {Even Matchups}

I received the notion that
3&4 = Big disadvantage
5&6 = Disadvantage
7 = Neutral

Is this correct?

thanks for your time.

~DanGR
Sort of. The matchups I have listed are supposed to be from hardest to easiest, but their initial placement was mostly due to the matchup chart at the time of my guide's creation and I havn't updated it recently, so let me describe some changes I'm thinking of making this week, due to recent experience (this is supposed to be a community project, hence the stickied submission thread, but I havn't got much input recently so it's not doing so well atm). First of all, here is the current state of the guide.

3 {Nightmare Matchups}
3.1 Meta Knight
3.2 Pikmin & Olimar
3.3 Pikachu
3.4 Marth
3.5 Mr Game and Watch
3.6 Toon Link
3.7 Wario
4 {Painful Matchups}
4.1 Ice Climbers
4.2 Falco
4.3 Zelda
4.4 Zero Suit Samus
4.5 Ivysaur
4.6 Fox
4.7 Kirby
4.8 Snake
5 {Difficult Matchups}
5.1 ROB
5.2 King DeDeDe
5.3 Pit
5.4 Diddy
5.5 Lucas
5.6 Ness
5.7 Sonic
5.8 Wolf
5.9 Lucario
6 {Not-So-Bad Matchups}
6.1 Bowser
6.2 Donkey Kong
6.3 Charizard
6.4 Luigi
6.5 Ike
6.6 Mario
6.7 Peach
6.8 Sheik
7 {Even Matchups}
7.1 Ganon
7.2 Link
7.3 Samus
7.4 Jigglypuff
7.5 Captain Falcon
7.6 Yoshi
7.7 Squirtle

Please note that all planned changes are based off personal experience and also reflect lack of experience in facing other characters, so I don't necessarily have a full view of things.

1) Fox down to somewhere around 5.5; Fox doesn't compare to Falco in difficulty, since he doesn't have the ridiculous chaingrab to spike problem and his lasers are a lot less threatening since they don't interrupt moves. He doesn't have anything too troublesome except DAir which seems to combo to USmash and DSmash (I don't know for sure since I'm not a Fox player) and shine gimps, which he can't do too well against Falcon though because our up-B is a grab.

2) Zelda down to about 4.8; She seemed really hard for a while because her smashes wreck Falcon's approaches, but the more I play her the more I notice how slow she is. She's pretty easy to bait, and if you don't do anything too stupid like low damage Falcon Kicks to set her up for FAir/BAir, she's not as hard as the characters that can combo you better.

3) Wolf up to around 5.4; I used to laugh at Wolf's slow laser, but it allows him to finish the animation with the projectile closer to him than the other spacies, which allows him to follow up with FSmash. The range of his FSmash makes it hard to approach from the ground, and his DSmash crouches him low so that it's hard to time an aerial approach.

4) Sheik up to around 5.4; Sheik's FTilt combo does a lot of damage, she moves pretty fast making her sliding USmash really good, and she can destroy approaches and Falcon's limited/obvious recovery with her up-B, which happens to be a kill move. Her mobility also makes her good at baiting and avoiding moves, which she can punish with her needles very well. She, like the captain, can have trouble killing, but if she just lets you approach she'll kill you with that up-B easily. Also, if you hit her up high she can change into Zelda in midair, and unless you know the exact timing it's unpunishable because you'd have to jump in advance to hit her.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

That's it for now. For characters placed but without any decent experience, I have Jigglypuff at 7.4 since I played a few laggy games with one and thought it was pretty easy due to superior range; the only problem I had was with the rolly side-B, which I hadn't thought to try to stop with jabs (Sonic's spin stuff can be stopped with jabs). Ivysaur, Charizard, and Squirtle I have also not had much experience with, and are placed mostly based on other peoples' experience; Ivysaur is like Olimar but missing the ridiculous unfairness of the Pikmin, Charizard's Rock Smash and Fire Breath can do a bunch of damage but he's not too fast, and Squirtle is our most controversial matchup right now, as some people think his shell stuff is really hard and the throw that kills (DThrow I think) makes him quite difficult, along with his fast air game and his short height (Falcon's aerials are not built to hit short opponents). However, other people think he's the easiest of the 3 due to his not-so-great range and light weight, which makes him pretty easy to beat and kill offstage if you can stay spaced, especially with UAir. Yoshi I don't have much experience with; all I know is that none of his moves are too useful against Falcon except his aerials, and his recovery is pretty limited.

So for them you should probably check with those characters' forums to see what they think.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

To better answer your question:

Big Disadvantage should should be Nightmare Matchups, Ice Climbers, since they can kill you in 1-2 grab combos, their frost breath beats any approach except from straight above them (so they can use it on any approach unless you're coming down from the top), and their side-B recovery isn't so easy to punish, and Falco, since his chaingrab to spike, SHDL, and BAir (which is a sex kick that outprioritizes Falcon's recovery and everything else).

Everything else should be regular Disadvantage except for section 7, which should be neutral.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It has been suggested that Ike be neutral, but I was not given evidence for it so I'm leaving him alone. In my opinion, Ike is fine where he is due to his UAir being very hard to avoid due to its long hitbox (in duration, which rules out airdodging if he does it so that he'll fall with you) and it beating aerial Falcon Kick. His fire sword move can be very annoying because of its really tall hitbox, and if you screw up or trip into an FSmash you're taking a hit stronger than the Knee of Justice (with a huge hitbox). His NAir and FAir have really good hitboxes that make him tough to beat in the air, and his BAir comes out way fast. In general, he's really slow, so although all of this sounds bad you can avoid most of it, making him not so hard but certainly harder than, say, Ganon or Link.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For characters whose difficulties are different from what is shown in the matchup chart, here are their reasonings.

Charizard Disadvantage instead of Neutral
Although the Rock Smash is reasonably avoidable, Falcon has no decent response to Fire Breath, or to Charizard's good shield-grab range. He's definately harder than Mario, who has poor range except his weaksauce fireballs and his FSmash and his only other potentially useful move is his cape, which can gimp Falcon's recovery fairly well, and everyone I have listed as Neutral pretty much due to their slowness or range issues.

Ganon Neutral instead of Advantage
Ganon's side-B with mindgame followup can be very difficult, his air game is pretty much Captain Falcon's but stronger (his FAir has better range although being slower to come out and not as good of a kill move, and his thunder storming can destroy Falcon's ground approaches). His jab will knock you away, which hurt's Falcon's jab game (Falcon has great jabs), and pretty much every move he's got can kill. Some Ganons might think Falcon is tough because they are overwhelmed by Falcon's speed, but a calm Ganon won't be comboed/juggled as well as is seen in videos.

Ice Climbers Big Disadvantage instead of Disadvantage
Quick re-cap, Frost Breath stopping almost any approach, side-b often difficult to punish, and chaingrabs for massive damage/grab to smash/grab to spike make winning pretty much based entirely on how often you get grabbed. The only good thing is that if you realize that, you know that they are planning one way or another to grab you, and you can try to bait missed grabs, although they can be hard to punish (if you don't punish fast enough they'll shield grab you).

Jigglypuff Neutral instead of Disadvantage
As I've mentioned already, I havn't had much experience with Jiggs, but as far as I know Jiggs can't handle Falcon's range very well, and her slow recovery makes her a good candidate for Falcon's good offstage game. Jiggs is also tremendously light. The only thing that I'd say holds her back from being Falcon-advantage would be that she's really short, which makes her hard to hit with aerials.

Kirby Disadvantage instead of Big Disadvantage
Not sure who decided that Falcon is a super easy matchup for Kirby.... Kirby's tough moves are up-B, against which Falcon will have a hard time punishing since even if you are in position to punish Kirby can DI towards you to hit you or away to avoid a hit. Neutral B can be tough if Kirby spits you out under the stage, since Falcon's recovery will fail if Kirby edgehogs, but it is usually avoidable and is a non-issue on several stages. The hammer can be a pain (aerial version) if you forget about it, but is otherwise way too slow. Down-B isn't a good move against Falcon, as Falcon's up-B, which does pretty nice damage, can grab it. FSmash can be a good killer, but it won't land often unless Falcon decides to do a lot of laggy moves. BAirs are not so bad due to their poor range and the leanback on Falcon's FSmash. Kirby certainly is difficult, but he doesn't have anything that really screams WIN!

Link Neutral instead of Disadvantage
Link is slow. And by slow I mean half his moves can be punished with Falcon Punch. Link is pretty much as much of a bait and punish character as Ike, except he doesn't have as much range (discounting his not-very-quick projectiles) or knockback. Link's a great candidate for UAir juggles, and if he gets frustrated and DAirs the landing lag is ridiculous. His USmash, DAair, UAir and grab are all great moves to punish, and his arrows/boomerang don't have very good priority. Oh and his recovery is pretty weak.

Samus Neutral instead of Disadvantage
I don't have a lot to say about Samus. Samus's missiles are really slow, and her charged shot is usually expected and avoidable. After getting past the ZAirs, Samus pretty much gets pwnd by jabs and juggles. Her fire moves can't be beat, but it isn't too hard to work around them.

Sheik Disadvantage instead of Neutral
I think I've said enough about Sheik earlier in explaining a planned move in my guide, so I'm going to move on.

Snake Disadvantage instead of Big Disadvantage
Snake has pretty much 4 good moves. FTilt, UTilt, USmash, AAA. As for the rest, side-B is too slow for Falcon, grenades are avoidable if you know Snake's strategies with them and their timers, proximity mine and remote mine are really obvious and can be used against him, and FSmash is way too slow unless you do something stupid (it's pretty much a Falcon Punch without the benefits of being able to do it in the air and reverse it). For his good moves, his USmash does make getting back down to the stage chaotic sometimes, but it's not impossible to avoid. UTilt has a silly hitbox and happens to kill pretty well, but since he only has a few good moves it's not too hard to see it coming (if he doesn't do FTilt instead). FTilt is pretty much Snake's win button vs Falcon due to range and priority, but it's still shieldable. AAA is pretty much Snake's panic response to Falcon's jabs and stuff, and knocks Falcon away pretty well. In the air though, Snake pretty much gets owned by Falcon, as his moves are all horrible in landing lag or startup lag, making his best option an airdodge, which Falcon should be able to predict a good portion of the time. Additionally, Snake's recovery is pretty much easy kill unless they can airdodge off to the ledge/stage, and if they can't it's pretty much easy Falcon Punch or Knee, and if they can you can move towards them and make them airdodge off, then punish at the end of the airdodge.

Squirtle Neutral instead of Advantage
I think the reasons I've listed earlier for why some Falcons consider Squirtle the most difficult of the three to be enough to leave him as Neutral.

Lutukor

Smash Cadet
This has probably been discussed before (as a matter of fact, i'm certain it has) but this thread is ridiculously long and I don't have quite the time to go through 226 pages.

First, I'd like to state that I use Olimar agressively. I employ his aerial game often, and I use his smashes a lot. I don't like to use his B moves (except B^ as an attack on certain levels).

That being said, I don't quite agree with Pikmin&Olimar having an advantage over Pikachu. I'm having a stupidly tough time fighting a level 9 cpu Pika. While I can win every time, it's a struggle just trying to get hits in. Pika is just too fast and is usually all over Olimar. Pika is too hard to grab, leaving my dthrow+run under+usmash quite useless. P's thunder is easy to shield and punish on the ground, but in the air it's hard for Olimar to airdodge efficiently. His dodge ends quite quickly and I end up getting shocked at the end of the dodge, even when I try to DI out of the thunder. Whenever P is not close to Olimar, the cpu tends to spam thunderbolt, effectively killing my camp+B> strategy. That, and it's really good at shield dodging the pikmin.

I know I kinda suck compared to most people on the forums, but Pika is really giving me a hard time. Maybe I'm just playing Olimar wrong. I guess the one good thing I can put for Olimar is that his smashes tend to send Pika flying at decent percentages (~70% or more).

Does anybody have any solid tips on how to best P? Should I change my strategy completely against Pika? Or am I just a really bad Olimar player?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
it is not a massively effective cg, considering it is by far the hardest cg for falco to do....within means of a chaingrabbable character.

I believe sethlon spoke of this in the chaingrab project thread on the falco boards. He said something like "Chaingrabbing Marth is reaaaaalllllyyyyy hard :(" Ill edit with the exact quote.

Okay here is the exact quote:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164990

post #31 and #45

"So, I got an opportunity to test stuff out at a tourney yesterday. Falco CAN chaingrab marth without him being able to upB out of it...you just have to have near perfect timing on the run -> grab. Even with him mashing upB i was still able to chaingrab him, although if I messed up in the slightest he'd be alble to upB.

And confirmation on being able to chain sonic too...and that match got recorded, so I can show it to you guys whenever Xyro puts it up on the great 'tube."

"Timing the chaingrab against marth is reeaally hard We might be better off just baiting his upB and then just punishing."
Difficulty is irrelevant. That just means people need to practice it more.

Still, it's not the frame data, which is what I was asking for, it might just be that the window is so tiny that it's as hard to time the ^b as getting in this chaingrab. Since Marth's ^b requires only a frame of no hitstun to work...

Also, the DLX combo can be DI'ed out of it at certain percents (around 45), which begs the question of whether you can tack on the additional damage to make it a 70% total. Which, requires testing, obviously.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
When I play against Falcon, I always find Zelda performs better than sheik, though tag teaming, having shiek wrack up damage and having Zelda finnish them off seems to have the best results.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Link Neutral instead of Disadvantage
Link is slow. And by slow I mean half his moves can be punished with Falcon Punch.
Wait which moves?
the only ones I can think of that can be punished with a Falcon Punch are the ^B
grapple (grounded) and his Usmash. the Usmash could be difficult because of the range it has on it when DAC'ed.

( unlikely though).
That is quite far from half his moves.
Link is pretty much as much of a bait and punish character as Ike, except he doesn't have as much range (discounting his not-very-quick projectiles) or knockback. Link's a great candidate for UAir juggles, and if he gets frustrated and DAirs the landing lag is ridiculous. His USmash, DAair, UAir and grab are all great moves to punish, and his arrows/boomerang don't have very good priority. Oh and his recovery is pretty weak.
Except you have the issue in that link is a decent camper.
the whole point of the arrows and boomerang isn't for their priority since frankly, pit's arrows have the same amount if not less.

He can cancel his hero bow and fire instantly so its quicker than most think.
Boomerang is rather quick and could yank Falcon into a Dsmash/jab/Nair or just be used to annoy.
Bombs have a number of tricks as well as bomb smashing.
His Zair is lagless and his Dsmash is fast and powerful.
yeah you can juggle but if you pop him too high he can Dair and land on the ground without the lag . Considering the massive amount of priority Falcon won't go for a Uair while its out.
Let alone the fact that Link will usually have a bomb so he can drop it to cover him from below.

I see it being a slight disadvantage for Falcon because falcon can punish him and gimp his awful recovery, but can have issues approaching him. As well as the fact that so many of Link.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Falcon > Link? No way. Link's disjointed hitbox makes any attempt to approach him impossible for Mr.No-Range & No Projectile. Link outcamps and outranges him. Falcon can gimp his recovery? Yeah maybe but then again, Falcon has to knock Link off the stage before that, which is diddicult for him

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'd even disagree with that.

He has a REALLY hard time approaching through the sword and he can't just sit there or he'll eat projectile spam.

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
I will now put forward something.

I say that MK = Rob, if not slightly Rob's advantage.

Rob does not care about tornado with his laser and top, really fast, and ftilt and dtilt can out range and pressure MK, along with DS being fast enough to punish one that ever attempts to approach on the ground.

Nair if used right along with bair and dair back him off, and shuttle loop is the only KO move that really ROB has no answer for except to psychicly dodge and usmash to counter. Rob's fair can sometimes compete with MK's.

vid demonstrating these examples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zTHNh3wNcQ

Find any equally skilled MK and ROB players, and Rob will usually win.

Seriously, check youtube.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
I agree in that ROB > Mk thing, he is heavy so hard to kill for meta, also is kinda fast and well ranger, and his air game can compite with MKs, and i also agree that link>c. falcon, any swordman should give poor ranged guy a lot of trouble, specially with all those proyectiles, also, dont you think charizard has way too much weaknesses????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom