• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Beta Elements List-First Post Majorly Updated 7/26/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

camelot

Smash Ace
Not to mention tons of copies of things, like menu icons, and especially SSE stuff.

I looked around in SSE stuff and it is extremely bloated, there are so many copies of things for stages (textures, etc.)... I bet there's at least 2 gig of space that's just copied junk that they could've handled with a simple "common file" for SSE, and saved tons of space which they could've used for individual target tests, more music, whatever.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
All game images have to be a certain size to be readable by the console. GBA games are 32MB or 64MB for example iirc.

EDIT: Training mode and Boss Battles were supposed to have Wifi.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Brawl is twice the size of a normal Wii game image, though.

Brawl is around 8 gigs, while most wii games hover at 4 or 5.

bobson

Smash Lord
Citation needed.
Here.

Satoru Iwata said:
Well, I had considered what I would do if you turned me down and decided that I would need to take the existing Smash Bros. title, Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube, and try to make it Wi-Fi capable while preserving as much balanced game play as possible in the event you didn’t want to get involved. Maybe it’s more appropriate to say that I realized we wouldn’t be able to add any new elements to the game without your help and I think I said as much when we discussed it at the hotel. It wasn’t right, but you might even say I used it as a threat of sorts.
So yeah, if Sakurai hadn't gotten involved it would've just been Melee 2.0.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
TheSilenceOfNoOne said:
All game images have to be a certain size to be readable by the console. GBA games are 32MB or 64MB for example iirc..
Actually, in the case of the Wii it doesn't matter as long as it fits on the DVD. Games are usually padded since it's healthier for the laser, though.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
The Subspace Emissary
-Two cutscenes, one of Dedede launching an attack on the Halberd and one of Tabuu taking it, never made it in the game.
-There are a few unused enemies.
Well, I am going to go rummage through all the crap in SSE. If anyone feels like saving me some time and saying "Thunder, those files are empty" and "The models do not exist", please do. Until then, I'm off scavenging!

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Boss battles bro

And CK, remember, Brawl is the first Dual Layer Disk, which explains why it's 2x as big as a regular one.
I thought it only had the red sky background the very first time you fought petery pirahna with kirby. If I'm wrong, that makes sense though.

bobson

Smash Lord
Well, I am going to go rummage through all the crap in SSE. If anyone feels like saving me some time and saying "Thunder, those files are empty" and "The models do not exist", please do. Until then, I'm off scavenging!
In all likelihood the cutscenes aren't there, as the source for them existing is Sakurai talking about how they had to be cut in a Dojo post.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
In all likelihood the cutscenes aren't there, as the source for them existing is Sakurai talking about how they had to be cut in a Dojo post.
Dude, I am totally talking about the unused enemies. I don't care about the videos. I have found effect files for Bonkers, Bronto Burt, and Blade Knight, so it looks like Sakurai and pals were planning a Kirby stage. I just need to see if they left the models hanging around.

bobson

Smash Lord
Dude, I am totally talking about the unused enemies. I don't care about the videos. I have found effect files for Bonkers, Bronto Burt, and Blade Knight, so it looks like Sakurai and pals were planning a Kirby stage. I just need to see if they left the models hanging around.
Oh, well then search by all means. A Bonkers model would be awesome.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
No wonder there are so many Kirby enemies as trophies. Those guys you mentioned are all trophies, if that helps.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
No wonder there are so many Kirby enemies as trophies. Those guys you mentioned are all trophies, if that helps.
There are so many Kirby trophies because Sakurai made the game.

But it looks like these effect files are just as useful as the forbidden seven's files. They are seemingly empty (With a MiscData in them), and there are no traces of their models aside from their trophies. The Kirby stage might have been scrapped, or it is possible Dedede might have originally thrown more than just Waddle Dees, Doos, and Gordos.

bobson

Smash Lord
I'm imagining Dedede throwing Bonkers at people and it is readily amusing.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps it was for the scrapped Dedede taking the halberd thing?
Seems pretty likely. Are there any unused SSE stages that correspond to that?

Also, how much of the stuff we've found has just been left empty or transparent? It seems like there's very little that is simply unused...

Jaiden

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see where this long-haired Link thing came from.

As for his textures, he has unused textures for the wooden and ordon sword from Twilight Princess.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I dunno if it's been mentioned yet or not, but Pokemon Trainer has jumping, falling and landing animations, which could mean he was originally going to be able to move around a lot more.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
There are so many Kirby trophies because Sakurai made the game.

But it looks like these effect files are just as useful as the forbidden seven's files. They are seemingly empty (With a MiscData in them), and there are no traces of their models aside from their trophies. The Kirby stage might have been scrapped, or it is possible Dedede might have originally thrown more than just Waddle Dees, Doos, and Gordos.
I think this is almost a definate proof.
The base for the SSE was most definately based off the unreleased "Kirby Adventure" (Kirby Wii) game, the playstyles and animations between the Trailer for Kirby Adventure and SSE are already stunning, but this could be possible data remaining that was going to be used in Kirby Adventure, and possibly transitioned over to Brawl's SSE. What you see may be data (or lack of) from this legendary, unrealeased game.

In short, this subtle discovery may in fact, be a major one. Kirby Adventure was most definately cancelled for Sakurai to transition it over to Brawl, creating the Subspace Embissary. Its also possible that Dedede stealing Meta Knight's ship was a plotline in Kirby Adventure, and that plot was going to be used for the SSE, but they decided against it.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
One flaw with you theory: Kirby Wii hasn't been officially canceled yet, and Sakurai left HAL after Air Ride was released. Which means he was never working on Kirby Wii.

Anyways, the only thing Dedede stole in Kirby Wii(the Adventure name is a fan name and not official >>) was Kirby's Warpstar.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Cool, suprising stuff! Let me contribute.

Link's grounded spin attack in one of the first trailers looked very similar to his melee one. It had no light effect, the annimation was different than brawl's, and it seemed to hit just as hard as it did in melee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvWydHp7FC8
1:46

it was just going to be Melee with Wi-fi
Too bad this didn't happen lol. As long as the wi-fi was decent anyway. It must have been because the whole focus of the game would be wi-fi.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
SOOOO
I opened Pichu's trophy file, and I found an unused texture of Pichu's eyes blinking and his mouth having different textures, which trophies CAN'T DO. Either Pichu's model was in the works, or trophies were going to have the ability to animate. Just thought I'd share a cool finding.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
It was more likely animated trophies, I looked in Krystal and Mewtwo's trophies and they had textures for blinking.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo's has those very same textures in his trophy file.
Barely too late!

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Cool, suprising stuff! Let me contribute.

Link's grounded spin attack in one of the first trailers looked very similar to his melee one. It had no light effect, the annimation was different than brawl's, and it seemed to hit just as hard as it did in melee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvWydHp7FC8
1:46
from that video it looked like the game had hit stun too, a lot more than it does now anyways.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
OniKage found tons of mouth textures and eye textures in the Plusle & Minun trophy, including damage eye textures. I think we just got confirmation on what pra_mai was supposed to be.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
OniKage found tons of mouth textures and eye textures in the Plusle & Minun trophy, including damage eye textures. I think we just got confirmation on what pra_mai was supposed to be.
Ooh, good find. I wish there was some sort of character data so we could see some sort of clues as to how they'd of worked in battle.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
HA! I knew it! *goes to edit Smashwiki*

But seriously, why the hell is there so much unused data on this disk. This game probably holds the world record for the most unused crap in a single game disk, ever.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
HA! I knew it! *goes to edit Smashwiki*

But seriously, why the hell is there so much unused data on this disk. This game probably holds the world record for the most unused crap in a single game disk, ever.
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait... The Plusle and Minun trophy uses the models from Pokémon Battle Revolution. How do I know? Supportbros ripped their textures from PBR over at The Spriters Resource, and they match with the trophy's textures.

SOOOO
I opened Pichu's trophy file, and I found an unused texture of Pichu's eyes blinking and his mouth having different textures, which trophies CAN'T DO. Either Pichu's model was in the works, or trophies were going to have the ability to animate. Just thought I'd share a cool finding.
Or Nintendo took the model directly from Pokémon Battle Revolution, which has several eyes/mouths on one texture.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait... The Plusle and Minun trophy uses the models from Pokémon Battle Revolution. How do I know? Supportbros ripped their textures from PBR over at The Spriters Resource, and they match with the trophy's textures.

Or Nintendo took the model directly from Pokémon Battle Revolution, which has several eyes/mouths on one texture.
*facepalms*
I completely forgot, almost all of the trophies in SSBB are taken directly from previously existing models from other games. So there's probably a good chance plenty of leftovers would be left in from the porting process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom