• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Beta Elements List-First Post Majorly Updated 7/26/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I finally editted it. The format will likely be updated soon.

Seeing that we are hacking Brawl, I felt that it may be neccessary to make a beta elements list. There is no really good beta element list out there, so heres an attempt at one. Post any beta element you know of that was not included on the list so that I may update it.
NOTE: The earlier it was shown, the more stuff we know about it. Link seems to have the most stuff since he was shown the most. Ganondorf wasn't shown for a long time, so at the moment, nothing is known about his beta.

The List

Characters
New Characters
-There are 7 known scrapped Brawl characters, often referred to as the forbidden seven. There is only one file for each of them, with the exception of Mewtwo. They are all empty files with no usable data. They are ef_dixie; ef_dr_mario; ef_mewtwo; ef_pra_mai; ef_roy; ef_toon_shiek; and ef_toon_zelda. Pra_mai i the only unknown one, but it is often speculated to be Plusle & Minun from Pokemon.
-Mewtwo, however, also has an empty sound effect file. It does not play any sound, however.
-There were also quite a few empty CSS images and in-combat names, likely for the removed characters. If you look through the files, it appears unused characters were numbered 20, 35, 39, 42, and 44, as the files for stocks are there but they have no content. 41 is interesting because it isn't there but is skipped over. Also , these numbers have other corresponding omissions elsewhere, but with slightly different numbering.
DIXIE KONG: Dixie was likely the furthest in developement. She has been confirmed to have been intended for the game by Sakurai himself. Originally, Diddy swapped placed with Dixie for his down B.

Beta Elements of Playable Characters
Global: Almost every character looked much, much better. This is evidenced by early trailers and images.
Captain Falcon: Falcon has unused textures for a damaged helmet.
Dedede: None
Diddy: Diddy Kong's down special has two unused SubActions - both with "laugh" in their names. Perhaps he was supposed to laugh when an enemy slipped? Originally, Diddy swapped placed with Dixie for his down B.

Donkey Kong: None
Falco: Falco has an unused animation of his blaster exploding or misfiring. It could be either, but since Fox has it and Wolf, the only one of the Star Fox Trio who puts his blaster away at the end of his animation, does not, it is believed to be the blaster exploding.
Fox: has an unused animation of his blaster exploding or misfiring. It could be either, but since Fox has it and Wolf, the only one of the Star Fox Trio who puts his blaster away at the end of his animation, does not, it is believed to be the blaster exploding. Also, Fox was originally supposed to hold on to his blaster at all times, as shown in the second brawl trailer.
Game & Watch: Mr. Game & Watch has voice files, but they are empty.
Ganondorf: None
Ike: Ike has unused textures for a damaged sword.
Kirby: Kirby has an unused file that's title hints that he was originally going to be able to swallow Giga Bowser. In the first Brawl Trailer, Mario is visible during Kirby's final smash, though he would not be in-game. This could have been for cinematic purposes. Also, in that same trailer, Kirby's model is almost identical to his melee one. In the original trailer, Kirby uses his side special (Hammer Cartwheel) move from SSBM, while in SSBB, he uses his Hammer Spin. Kirby also has two unused animations for a hammer more similar to dedede's.
Bowser: None
Link: Originally had longer hair and a different Triforce Slash animation. There are textures for the wooden and ordon sword from Twilight Princess. Link's grounded spin attack in one of the first trailers looked very similar to his melee one. It had no light effect, the annimation was different than brawl's, and it seemed to hit just as hard as it did in melee. Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvWydHp7FC8 . His upsmash also looked a lot more Melee-like. His spin attack also looked different. Before new recordings were made, Link's placeholder voice was his Twilight Princess one. Link's up special used to work just as it did in Melee. His down air used to make a different sound.
Lucario: None
Lucas: None
Luigi: None
Mario: Trailer 2-Different looking Down Air Smash. Apparently has a melee style icon (??). His place holder voice, before they added recordings made for brawl, was his Super Mario Sunshine voice.
Marth: Marth has unused damaged sword textures.
Metaknight: Metaknight has a texture for his mask with a slice through it. This is never used in-game. Before the release, he was shown being able to use his jab in the middle of a dash.
Ness: None
Peach: None
Pikachu: None
Captain Olimar: None
Pit: None
Pokemon Trainer: Jumping, falling, and landing animations. He could have moved around a lot more possibly.
The Ice Climbers: None
Jigglypuff: Has a different, unused stock icon (??)
R.O.B.: Used to sound like an 8-bit game.
Samus: In the original trailer, Samus's final smash is much quicker. This was likely for cinematic purposes. Has an unused firing animation.
Shiek: None
Snake: In a screenshot on Smash Bros Dojo, Snake's down smash's bomb looks different. Solid Snake was also meant to be more muscular, and was to have a gray suit rather than blue. F-tilt used to pop you up like in Brawl+.
Sonic: None
Zero Suit Samus: In the first trailer, she turns her paralyzer into some sort of plasma sword. Another trailer apparently showed obvious nipples (covered, of course. :p) She had sound effects for pressing buttons on her gun as if it were a taunt. Her side-b whip was originally intended to grab items and throw them.
Toon Link: None
Wario: The Wario Bike was originally called the Wario Chopper.
Wolf: Has complete animations for a rapid kick jab like Fox.
Yoshi: None
Zelda: None

Stages
-There is an unused custom stage piece. This is playable through hacking.
-In the trailer, there is an unused desert stage. This was likely shown for cinematic purposes.
-Summit, Halberd, and Rainbow Cruise were originally called The Summit, Battle Ship Halberd, and Rainbow Ride. In the PAL version of the game, Rainbow Cruise is Rainbow Ride, however.
-Shadow Moses looked much bigger in the early trailers. It had an outside part of it with a great view including the mountains and some white platforms.
-Reading main.dol you can find some extra stages:
st_croll
st_tbreak
-In Delfino Plaza, it was possible to fight in the beach area by the lighthouse. Shown in the "Sonic Joins the Brawl!" promo.
-All the Shy Guys in Mario Kart used to drive white karts.
-The beginning of the Halberd level used to be darker and had less scenery.

The Subspace Emissary
-Two cutscenes, one of Dedede launching an attack on the Halberd and one of Tabuu taking it, never made it in the game.
-There are a few unused enemies.
-In an SSBB TV Spot, Mario is seen fighting Petey Pirahna instead of Kirby.
-The Trophy Base was originally called the Trophy Stand
-A screenshot on the dojo shows that the sse stage "The Battlefield Fortress" was originally less gloomy looking

Music
-There are several unused music tracks in the game. Merely thier names excist, and the tracks easily could have never excisted. They are:
Because I Love You- Earthbound
Eight Melodies- Mother
MGS2 Main Theme- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Hippie Battle Theme- Mother
You Can Do Anything- Sonic CD (JP)
The Loner, Falco Lombardi- Star Fox Command
Ballad of the Windfish- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
Yoshi’s Cookie Type A- Yoshi’s Cookie
Boss Battle Theme- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
The Chosen Ones- Fire Emblem
Smiles and Tears- Mother
-The song "Castle / Fortress Boss (Super Mario World / SMB3)" originally was on Delfino Plaza.
-The name for "Title / Ending (Super Mario World)" was " Ending / Title (Super Mario World)".
-Unused taunts, victories, and damage sound effects for all characters that had some: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rliFHvrRwB0 Remember in Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee how if characters were hit when at a high percent, they would make a loud scream? This was also intended to be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and for some reason was not completed. The files that were to be used were left inside the disc.
-Many skipped numbers, as well as Meta Knight having his own victory theme, indicate that everyone likely had one at one point.
-The narrator originally said the name of every mode (??)

Modes
-The description for the My Music options originally said, "Adjust how often a song will appear on this stage." It has since been revised in a general tone to say, "Adjust how often songs appear on stages."
-The Flowers That Bloom in the Echoes," an event match, was originally called "Flowers Bloom on the notes"
-There's an unknown wifi mode called the Brawl Slipspace in which there is only one player slot (as opposed to the standard four for other people to join in at) and a time amount that you can set at the top. The title of the mode (at the top) is "An (X) minute beat 'em up" and the description of the mode (at the menu) is "set your time and enter the Brawl Slipspace"
Phantom Wings has theorized that the mode would be something as follows:
-You enter the match alone.
-Other combatants will enter and battle with you.
-When the other combatants run out of time, they exit the match while newer combatants join to take their place.
-Likewise, if your time runs out, you exit the match only to return to the CSS and begin in a new match.
Thus, the mode would be based around beating up random contestants for a set duration of time - slipping in and out of the battle as you go.
-There was going to be a Boss Battles mode for Wi-fi
-The font on both PictoChat and the Subspace Emissary is much wider in early betas, possibly due to the game being translated from Japanese and not changing the original width of characters.
-The is an image of Giga Bowser labeled "BOSS 1". It's InfStc.991 under Misc Data 90 if anyone wants take a guess. No idea what that was for, except as a dummy for boss stocks like they used to have for the Hands.
-Master Hand originally had a classic mode introduction before fighting him (??)
-The unused critical damage textures could have been for when a character was knocked out in stamina mode.

Items
-There is data for a Ridley assist trophy. It was likely unused because Ridley is a boss in the SSE
-Originally, Mario was seen grabbing the Smash Ball in the first Brawl trailer
-The Training Mode item spawn list (in info2/info_training.pac) seems to have entries for Hover Disc and X Parasite, both of which never appear in Brawl.

Misc.
-Originally, when it was first announce Super Smash Bros would be coming to the Wii (known as the revolution at the time) and the game was unamed, it was just going to be Melee with Wi-fi. Sakurai had no involvement at this time, and it is unlikely the "Melee with Wifi" game ever excisted. This was used to get Sakurai to work on the game.
-Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong had an early trophy before they had one in-game.
-A video called "game intro" is found in the ISO. It included different clips of the Subspace Emissary, and it also had the Super Smash Bros. Brawl theme song menu version, rather then the version with the opera singers in the background.
-Some of the game world icons were initially the same as in the previous two games, but they were revised as time went on (Mario's Mushroom icon was refined and given spots, the Poké Ball icon has the top half colored in to properly represent how it is usually red, etc.).
-Many files in the ISO are empty, including a 190 MB file of nothing. This is likely because every wii game has to be a certain size to be readable by the console.
-Effect files for Blade Knight, Mech Cannon, Bronto Burt, and Bonkers have been found. It's not known what they are for.
-Kirby Wii Theory: The base for the SSE was most definately based off the unreleased "Kirby Adventure" (Kirby Wii) game, the playstyles and animations between the Trailer for Kirby Adventure and SSE are already stunning, but this could be possible data remaining that was going to be used in Kirby Adventure, and possibly transitioned over to Brawl's SSE. What you see may be data (or lack of) from this legendary, unrealeased game. Kirby Adventure was most definately cancelled for Sakurai to transition it over to Brawl, creating the Subspace Embissary. The fact that Kirby Wii has never been shown since and seems to be replaced with Kirby's Epic Yarn supports this.
-Krystal, Mewtwo, and Pichu trophies all have unused blinking textures. Animated trophies are possible, but there is also the fact that they are all characters who, at one point, may have been intended to be in brawl.
-Brawl used to have a lot more hitstun.
-Plusle & Minun'S trophy has several unused textures, including damage eye textures. This supports the Pra_Mai is Plusle & Minun theory.
NYASENYA: Was apparently someone who had insider info. Due to the amount of fake people like this at the time, she was taken lightly. But she called several things, including Sonic's reveal being when it was and the Brawl Roster. Nya said that Peach's design in early development was quite risque compared to what we got.
-38 extra trophies (some viewable) were found leftover

Please, do add to this list. :D

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I'd like to see vids or pics along with these, it would be usefull so you dont have to go searching around

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Awesome list! Though the unused music section needs to go, as there is nothing hinting that those songs were ever going to be in the game or ever were. They aren't on the ISO nor do they have empty sound files.

Personally, I heard the Forest Maze song two years before the game was even released. >_>

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Kirby has two unused animations for his side special: a slow walk forward (kinda like a charge) and what can only be described as the equivalent of a home-run bat swing with his hammer

they are called SpecialSWalk and SpecialSMax, respectively

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Originally, when it was first announce Super Smash Bros would be coming to the Wii (known as the revolution at the time) and the game was unamed, it was just going to be Melee with Wi-fi
Citation needed.
On the SSBB website, Saukrai said there would be a "pity final smash", where if someone was doing awful, they would get final smash aura and be able to use a final smash. IDK if this is in the game, I have never seen it
It is. I've seen it in timed matches.
Originally, Mario was seen grabbing the Smash Ball in the first Brawl trailer
I'm quite sure he's actually doing an Fair, which just sorta looks like a grab. Or, you know, it's cinematic.

Adding:
Pit and Snake changed their fancy hi-poly pictures between the first and second incarnation of the Brawl website.
Pit:
Old
New
Snake:
Old
New

Luigi is the only character to have a different Regular Trophy than the one that appears in SSE.

Kirby had his Melee Aerial Hammer move in the first trailer.

Ike, and I believe Marth both have various unused textures where their swords are in different states of being damaged. One of the texture sites had an entry on it.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
The song "Castle / Fortress Boss (Super Mario World / SMB3)" originally was on Delfino Plaza. (Early | Late)
The name for "Title / Ending (Super Mario World)" was " Ending / Title (Super Mario World)". (Picture)
The font on both PictoChat and the Subspace Emissary is much wider in early betas, possibly due to the game being translated from Japanese and not changing the original width of characters. (Subspace Emissary | PictoChat)

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Citation needed.

It is. I've seen it in timed matches.

I'm quite sure he's actually doing an Fair, which just sorta looks like a grab. Or, you know, it's cinematic.

Adding:
Pit and Snake changed their fancy hi-poly pictures between the first and second incarnation of the Brawl website.
Pit:
Old
New
Snake:
Old
New

Luigi is the only character to have a different Regular Trophy than the one that appears in SSE.

Kirby had his Melee Aerial Hammer move in the first trailer.

Ike, and I believe Marth both have various unused textures where their swords are in different states of being damaged. One of the texture sites had an entry on it.
The melee with wi-fi was stated in Nintendo Power. It was used to get Saukrai to work on the game.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this thread is just delicious. Keep them coming! It's like I know little secrets.

Oh, and I think I know what that hidden animation for his side b (the one that "can only be described as a homerun bat with his hammer") is. It's his charge Down-B with hammer power from the recent kirby games. You know, where he holds up his hammer, it starts on fire, and then does a golf club style swing with it. It's just like DeDeDe's brawl Down B, only the whole hammer starts on fire and it releases after a set amount of time.

I'll try to get a video of it for those who don't know what I'm talking about.

EDIT: here it is. Just skip to 4:38 to see it. Since it's one of the older games, the graphic effect isn't as clear as I would like nor as in recent installments, but it will get the point across. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51cKtArmf5w

EDIT: Better yet, skip to 5:44 to see the real destructive power it possesses.

RocketSlug

Smash Rookie
I'm really interested if someone could get pictures of the 'damaged' textures.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll give you what I've got as well.

There's an unknown wifi mode called the Brawl Slipspace in which there is only one player slot (as opposed to the standard four for other people to join in at) and a time amount that you can set at the top. The title of the mode (at the top) is "An (X) minute beat 'em up" and the description of the mode (at the menu) is "set your time and enter the Brawl Slipspace"

I have theorized that the mode would be something as follows:

-When the other combatants run out of time, they exit the match while newer combatants join to take their place.
-Likewise, if your time runs out, you exit the match only to return to the CSS and begin in a new match.

Thus, the mode would be based around beating up random contestants for a set duration of time - slipping in and out of the battle as you go.

There was also a Boss Battle wifi mode...

mofo_

Smash Ace
iirc fit artifex showed that not only MK but captain falcon also had a cracked helmet and ike and marth had cracked swords...apparently they were 'critical damage'

theres also a beta item called "chews"(011.PAC) ," [???]Parasan Fire"(033.PAC) , "[???]hutk_frame, hutu_glass"(026.PAC), "[???]k body/head"(030/0301.PAC), "[???] red and white stripe"(025.PAC)
^from the items common3.pac

and STGCHARAROLL = credits? the textures are from the credits..but its not an actual stage...not sure if its beta element

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Beta_Elements#Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
In the game files, there are 12 trophies for some main characters that, instead of being labeled CharacterR1, are named CharacterR2. Trophies were made for Luigi, Mario, DK, Diddy, Zelda, Falco, Zero Suit Samus, Poke Trainer, Pit, Captain Falcon, Snake, and Lucario.

Pictures Here: http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/users/3910/show?page=1

NOTE: The hat on Diddy's tail was edited. The hat was originally on his head.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Fatal error. =P
Saukrai stated an interview that if he did not work on brawl, it would have been melee with wi-fi. He said it was used as sort of a threat to get him to work on the game, but that wasn't the main reason he agreed.

There's an unknown wifi mode called the Brawl Slipspace in which there is only one player slot (as opposed to the standard four for other people to join in at) and a time amount that you can set at the top. The title of the mode (at the top) is "An (X) minute beat 'em up" and the description of the mode (at the menu) is "set your time and enter the Brawl Slipspace"

I've seen the "an x minute beat 'em up" as well. I was wondering what that was for. Your guess seems right, essentially a Nazi Zombies/Horde/Firefight for Brawl.

EDIT:
Kirby's two unused animations are him charging and walking while charging his hammer, like Dedede does.

mofo_

Smash Ace
In the game files, there are 12 trophies for some main characters that, instead of being labeled CharacterR1, are named CharacterR2. Trophies were made for Luigi, Mario, DK, Diddy, Zelda, Falco, Zero Suit Samus, Poke Trainer, Pit, Captain Falcon, Snake, and Lucario.

Pictures Here: http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/users/3910/show?page=1

NOTE: The hat on Diddy's tail was edited. The hat was originally on his head.
are they beta trophies?

well i dont remember seeing this trophy but its ****in awesome lol

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
They seem to be. I have heard some talk that they may have been for the SSE. Supposedly, there was an in-game mode which allowed for battle against fellow allies. Defeat, of course, would make them a trophy.

Of course, they could have been made before the SSE was made, and were intended to be for a Melee style adventure mode. They are labeled R2, and Classic trophies are labeled R1.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
theres also a beta item called "chews"(011.PAC) ," [???]Parasan Fire"(033.PAC) , "[???]hutk_frame, hutu_glass"(026.PAC), "[???]k body/head"(030/0301.PAC), "[???] red and white stripe"(025.PAC)
^from the items common3.pac
"chews" = "chewing" = Gooey Bomb
"red and white stripe" = "harisen" = Fan
"hutk_frame/hutu_glass" = Heart Container
"parasan fire" = "pasaran" = Hothead
"k_head" = "kinoko_head" = Super/Poison Mushroom

None of those are Beta. :V

HOWEVER. This could be considered "beta".

The Training Mode item spawn list (in info2/info_training.pac) seems to have entries for Hover Disc and X Parasite, both of which never appear in Brawl.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
I noticed in a few character's folders, there are .Pacs called FitCharacterSpy. Perhaps the spy cloak was to be in the game?

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
Unused taunts, victories, and damage sound effects for all characters that had some: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rliFHvrRwB0

Remember in Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee how if characters were hit when at a high percent, they would make a loud scream? This was also intended to be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and for some reason was not completed. The files that were to be used were left inside the disc.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
take a look at one of the older brawl trailers. when rolling to the edge of a stage, you fall off of it.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Unused taunts, victories, and damage sound effects for all characters that had some: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rliFHvrRwB0

Remember in Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee how if characters were hit when at a high percent, they would make a loud scream? This was also intended to be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and for some reason was not completed. The files that were to be used were left inside the disc.
This seriously needs to be added to Brawl+.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
That taunt for MK needs to be used somewhere...

While looking through the common_5.pac, I found a character stock image of Giga Bowser labeled "BOSS 1". It's InfStc.991 under Misc Data 90 if anyone wants take a guess. No idea what that was for, except as a dummy for boss stocks like they used to have for the Hands.

There were also quite a few empty CSS images and in-combat names, likely for the removed characters. If you look through the files, it appears unused characters were numbered 20, 35, 39, 42, and 44, as the files for stocks are there but they have no content. 41 is interesting because it isn't there but is skipped over. Also , these numbers have other corresponding omissions elsewhere, but with slightly different numbering.

EDIT: Looking again, there are also a bunch of empty images interspersed with Ness's stock images. Again, I have no clue what that means, although that is the only character where it happens.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966

does this mean we can add in the "hurt" voices from back in the days, like Melee when you get hit with a strong attack at high damage?
i miss that...and i think it can be added in with PSA....like...

you take some variable that checks your damage % (already been discovered? maybe one that hasn't yet.) then tell PSA: if your % is 80 (changes with characters obviously) at the begining of their "sent flying and going to go into tumble" or their "suffering from hitstun " animation with a large rise in damage (a strong attack) during it, play the sound.

there are probably much more efficient ways : P
and my idea's timing with the sound effect is a bit off

....meh....somthing like that.

also.
my best idea at what those "damaged" textures would have been used for, is when you die in a stamina match and lie there on the ground
its the only time when you are hurt taht bad and stay around long enough for people to notice the texture. xD

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Noticable Differences from the Videos:

Fall Conference 2007:
Mario is shown fighting Petey Pirahna instead of Kirby

E3 2006:
Mario definately grabbed the Smash Ball.
Red Sky for battlefield during his final smash. A very red sky. Definately not in the game.
Despite him having very high quality wings that were toned down for the game, Pit's wings look very bad.

Trailer 2:
Mario's down air looks and sounds much different.
Shadow moses island looks much different the second time it appears in the trailer. It doesn't appear much different from the first time other than that it's slightly bigger looking.
Fox always has his blaster out, including when he jumps, ducks, and stands.

There are several little differences in the gameplay videos made before the release, but I don't think they're big enough to cover. In fact, they're very hard to notice.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
why hasn't anyone noticed that metaknight uses his jab IN THE MIDDLE OF A DASH?

oh, and snake's ftilt pops you up like in brawl+. lolol.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure there's a Melee-style Mario stock icon somewhere. Not sure where, though.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
According to slashy:

Master hand originally had a classic mode introduction before fighting him

The narrator orginally said the title and the name of every mode including masterpieces and trophy gallery

Mr. Game and Watch has voice files

Jigglypuff has a different, unused stock icon

mastromjm

Smash Cadet
At one point every character had their own unique victory theme, judging by the many skipped numbers for the themes in the final version.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman

HOW COULD THEY HAVE REMOVED SUCH EPICNESS?

... :( that would have been so fun. It makes me sad.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
The Training Mode item spawn list (in info2/info_training.pac) seems to have entries for Hover Disc and X Parasite, both of which never appear in Brawl.
I bet that X Parasite was just like Ditto in Melee and created a clone of a character already on the field, either that or it made a character or team mate computer controlled and malevolent towards the other player on it's team. Now THAT would have been an awesome item to have in team matches
Also, that would complete the team healer. You got one thing for team matches you throw at your team mate, and another you DON'T throw at your team mate but at the other team.

This also probably has something to do with the left out "critical damage" textures. Maybe they thought it would make the game "too violent" and so they took them out to try to get that E to E10+ rating they were aiming for. *sigh* talk about wasted effort.

Mr. Game and Watch has voice files
Voice files? You mean he talked? I can just imagine the little guy beeping out "ALAH HU ACHBAR!" before lighting somebody on fire. That would instantly make him my favorite character in the game.

EDIT: Oh, wow double post. Sorry!

Untouch

Smash Master
XParasite and Hover Disc are 2 item names found in the training mode .msbin files.

Reading main.dol you can find some extra stages:
st_croll
st_tbreak

There is a file that is 190 mb of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom