• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Beta Elements List-First Post Majorly Updated 7/26/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Some acutal beta stuff.

-Earthbound and Fire Emblem were supposed to be in Masterpieces. (Duh)
-Pichu also has textures for opening and closing its mouth.
-Bowser Jr's Trophy also has blinking textures.
-Dread Kong is one of the 38 beta trophies

If people can keep looking, we can find out the other 37. I'll be looking.
I want proof for this "beta" trophie. Also, how did you get to the number of 38?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Two corrections; Pichu and Bowser Jr's trophies have blinking textures because they are imported from other games. The "SSBB lost music" tracks are pretty much disproven, since brstms are labeled by number, not song title.
Can you explain it further?

Some acutal beta stuff.

-Earthbound and Fire Emblem were supposed to be in Masterpieces. (Duh)
-Pichu also has textures for opening and closing its mouth.
-Bowser Jr's Trophy also has blinking textures.
-Dread Kong is one of the 38 beta trophies

If people can keep looking, we can find out the other 37. I'll be looking.
I'd like to see them. Good sleuthing!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I'd like to see them. Good sleuthing!
Well.

Earthbound/Mother and Fire Emblem were Masterpieces, but only in the Japanese version (because Nintendo couldn't bother translating the Fire Emblem game, I would think). Bowser Jr. has blinking textures because it's the basic model that Nintendo uses for their (mainly spin-off) games, and Pichu has alternate textures because its trophy model's based off its Battle Revolution model, which has those alternate textures. And the Dread Kong trophy is simply "DreadKong.brres", in the "toy" folder with the rest of the trophies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
A lot of things in the OP make me cringe.

One thing in particular:

-Kirby Wii Theory: The base for the SSE was most definately based off the unreleased "Kirby Adventure" (Kirby Wii) game, the playstyles and animations between the Trailer for Kirby Adventure and SSE are already stunning, but this could be possible data remaining that was going to be used in Kirby Adventure, and possibly transitioned over to Brawl's SSE. What you see may be data (or lack of) from this legendary, unrealeased game. Kirby Adventure was most definately cancelled for Sakurai to transition it over to Brawl, creating the Subspace Embissary. The fact that Kirby Wii has never been shown since and seems to be replaced with Kirby's Epic Yarn supports this.

Kirby Wii was announced about a month or two ago.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
A lot of things in the OP make me cringe.

One thing in particular:

-Kirby Wii Theory: The base for the SSE was most definately based off the unreleased "Kirby Adventure" (Kirby Wii) game, the playstyles and animations between the Trailer for Kirby Adventure and SSE are already stunning, but this could be possible data remaining that was going to be used in Kirby Adventure, and possibly transitioned over to Brawl's SSE. What you see may be data (or lack of) from this legendary, unrealeased game. Kirby Adventure was most definately cancelled for Sakurai to transition it over to Brawl, creating the Subspace Embissary. The fact that Kirby Wii has never been shown since and seems to be replaced with Kirby's Epic Yarn supports this.

Kirby Wii was announced about a month or two ago.
OP's talking about the old Gamecube game.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
OP's talking about the old Gamecube game.
No, OP is not. That Gamecube game turned into a Wii game which is soon getting released.

Loads of games have switched platforms during the dev process. Twilight Princess switched over to the Wii (they then ported it back), Banjo-Kazooie was originally a SNES game using the SFX chip, got moved to the N64, etc.

Also, you do realize it specifically says "Kirby Wii Theory" right? Last I checked, there are no GC games with "Wii" in their name.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
No, OP is not. That Gamecube game turned into a Wii game which is soon getting released.

Loads of games have switched platforms during the dev process. Twilight Princess switched over to the Wii (they then ported it back), Banjo-Kazooie was originally a SNES game using the SFX chip, got moved to the N64, etc.

Also, you do realize it specifically says "Kirby Wii Theory" right? Last I checked, there are no GC games with "Wii" in their name.
Says Gamecube in the title. Comes up when you search "Kirby Gamecube."

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah.

That game became Kirby Wii.

Pretty sure that there are trailers of Mother 64 lying around.

Yet what's this, Mother 3 on the GBA is Mother 64.

A bit different there, but I just got up, first thing I thought of.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been brought up, but has anyone seen Colin on the Bridge Of Eldin? For the life of me, I cannot find him when I play there. I found the textures that Colin uses, though.

Unused icons.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Okay, here we go...

-Plusle & Minun'S trophy has several unused textures, including damage eye textures. This supports the Pra_Mai is Plusle & Minun theory.
Plusle and Minuns models are from PBR, Coloseum, or XD, and ALL Pokemon from Coloseum, and XD have multiple eye and mouth images. With that said, it's more than likely the eye and mouth textures were already there from PBR, and brawl's team was just to lazy to remove them. This doesn't support any theory, it's just leftover data from colosseum.

-Krystal, Mewtwo, and Pichu trophies all have unused blinking textures. Animated trophies are possible, but there is also the fact that they are all characters who, at one point, may have been intended to be in brawl.
Mewtwo and Pichu... Battle Revolution models. Many pokemon in PBR had blinking animations all in one texture. What you're seeing is leftover from that, since it would be a waist of time to edit it out.
To support this claim, here's Wigglytuffs texture from PBR:

MANY Pokemon were textured like this in PBR.

Krystal is just her Assault model posed. Once again, that's how Starfox Assault did things, and editing her blinking pieces out would be a waist of time.

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
There is some other stuff too that I found, but it's many of them...
I had grouped into U64, but well...

-I still want to know all the extra trophies, to update the articles of U64-

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
What are the unused trophies, exactly? I know there were the R1 ones for random characters and Dread Kong, but what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom