• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl! at the Mall!-Baltimore, MD-February 28th 2009

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
u goto EVERY thread just randomly go

"so basically im amazing"

"im just a mario"

"i mean i can just go and **** you all"

and much much more....too many to list

boss8

Smash Hero
u goto EVERY thread just randomly go

"so basically im amazing"

"im just a mario"

"i mean i can just go and **** you all"

and much much more....too many to list
so basically im amazing is a joke.....

im just a mario....WTF its true.....

i mean i can go and **** you all....when i say that im mean literally i will **** you all like what they did to indiana jones in south park....:chuckle:

Miinja

Smash Cadet
I love the hype this event is getting! I'm excited to meet all of you MD smasher (and some VA ones :p).

We (Tribunal Brawlers) are new to the in-person tourney scene so this tourney we're hosting is our big bash to be a part of MD's gaming community Hope we dont dissapoint. And thank you all for your interest in coming.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I might go, but it depends on everyone's attitude around here. No one wants me to go because the area around Eastpoint sucks. Anyone want to enlighten me on that topic?

Miinja

Smash Cadet
I might go, but it depends on everyone's attitude around here. No one wants me to go because the area around Eastpoint sucks. Anyone want to enlighten me on that topic?
What do you mean? Just come...if anyone starts any trouble we can just FALCON PAWNCH! them.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I know it's kinda late and you may not wanna change it by now, but doubles should be before singles. Also next time you may wanna start earlier... 2 is way late especially if we gotta be out by 9, lol

meepxzero

Smash Master
lol everyone on va is beatable except azen =\ crew battles would be close if md plays real well.

Oh yah okin if you need a ride im in silver spring now. If you got aim my sn is zer0xazn0. We can brawl tonite or something too. The only thing is your gonna need a ride back from the venue since im going back to towson.

Miinja

Smash Cadet
lol everyone on va is beatable except azen =\ crew battles would be close if md plays real well.

Oh yah okin if you need a ride im in silver spring now. If you got aim my sn is zer0xazn0. We can brawl tonite or something too. The only thing is your gonna need a ride back from the venue since im going back to towson.
i work in towson!

Bouse

Smash Ace
Stages
Neutral Stages:
-- Battlefield
-- Final Destination
-- Smashville
-- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:
-- Delfino Plaza
-- Castle Siege
-- Frigate Orpheon
-- Battleship Halberd
-- Rainbow Cruise
-- Brinstar
-- Pokemon Stadium
-- Pokemon Stadium 2
-- Norfair
-- Jungle Japes
-- Distant Planet
Explain yourself!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Stages
Neutral Stages:
-- Battlefield
-- Final Destination
-- Smashville
-- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:
-- Delfino Plaza
-- Castle Siege
-- Frigate Orpheon
-- Battleship Halberd
-- Rainbow Cruise
-- Brinstar
-- Pokemon Stadium
-- Pokemon Stadium 2
-- Norfair
-- Jungle Japes
-- Distant Planet

u put distant planet but forgot lylat cruise.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't think Distant Planet has ever been legal at any MD/VA tourney. At least since like last May.

Late change of plans, I am coming to this now. Vist, you still wanna team?

Looking forward to FOOSBALL!

Miinja

Smash Cadet
Sorry about Lylat Cruise. I will add it if everyone wants it. Should I add Lylat Cruise and keep Distant Planet on the list?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I am going to this.

Unless I get hit by another major fever, I think the worst is over and I've felt pretty good since 8am.

EE, lets have some fun.

Miinja, why don't you let me change things up a bit? i.e. lets do TEAMS first, then singles. Also, we need to start earlier, say by 12:30-1. Also, I will post the way I want to do the stages, i've got an interesting idea. Plank will hate this, but I think everyone else will enjoy it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Suggested Rule modifications:

Price
$5 Venue Fee ($2 off if you bring a wii and/or tv) (i thought the owner was demanding everyone had to pay 5 bucks regardless? Please discuss this with me soon! otherwise you'll have an unhappy owner.)
$10 Singles Entry
$20 Per Team Entry ($10 per person)

Schedule
11 AM - Doors Open
Friendlies Allowed Till Singles Begin
12PM Teams Signups
1PM (or as soon as team signups are done) TEAMS being
~Immediately after Teams End
Singles signups/begin
Friendlies Allowed Till Store Close
9 PM - Doors Close

IMPORTANT SUGGESTION HERE:

Stage Strike/Ban: I will take the neutrals down to 3, and implement a stage strike and a stage ban rule. These are different rules, so pay attention.
Stage Strike- each player, after they've chosen their character, can select one of the neutrals to strike leaving with one remaining to play the first game on.
Stage Ban- each player, after they've chosen their character, can select any of the CP stages to perma ban from the set. YOU CANNOT BAN A NEUTRAL STAGE.

The point and purpose being that A. nothing gay happens on yoshi's/lylat and people who hate FD don't have to play there first game. but since there are only 3 neutrals you can't really ban a neutral, thats just not fair.

Stages
Neutral Stages:
-- Battlefield
-- Final Destination
-- Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
-- Yoshi's Island DS
-- Lylat Cruise
-- Delfino Plaza
-- Castle Siege
-- Frigate Orpheon
-- Battleship Halberd
-- Rainbow Cruise
-- Brinstar
-- Pokemon Stadium
-- Pokemon Stadium 2
-- Norfair
-- Jungle Japes

Vist

Smash Champion
gimr and myself will probably be making it only a bit before 1:00 so hopefully nothing gets started before then.

JCaesar- I'm still down to team if you are

Miinja

Smash Cadet
Suggested Rule modifications:

Price
$5 Venue Fee ($2 off if you bring a wii and/or tv) (i thought the owner was demanding everyone had to pay 5 bucks regardless? Please discuss this with me soon! otherwise you'll have an unhappy owner.)
$10 Singles Entry
$20 Per Team Entry ($10 per person)

Schedule
11 AM - Doors Open
Friendlies Allowed Till Singles Begin
12PM Teams Signups
1PM (or as soon as team signups are done) TEAMS being
~Immediately after Teams End
Singles signups/begin
Friendlies Allowed Till Store Close
9 PM - Doors Close

IMPORTANT SUGGESTION HERE:

Stage Strike/Ban: I will take the neutrals down to 3, and implement a stage strike and a stage ban rule. These are different rules, so pay attention.
Stage Strike- each player, after they've chosen their character, can select one of the neutrals to strike leaving with one remaining to play the first game on.
Stage Ban- each player, after they've chosen their character, can select any of the CP stages to perma ban from the set. YOU CANNOT BAN A NEUTRAL STAGE.

The point and purpose being that A. nothing gay happens on yoshi's/lylat and people who hate FD don't have to play there first game. but since there are only 3 neutrals you can't really ban a neutral, thats just not fair.

Stages
Neutral Stages:
-- Battlefield
-- Final Destination
-- Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
-- Yoshi's Island DS
-- Lylat Cruise
-- Delfino Plaza
-- Castle Siege
-- Frigate Orpheon
-- Battleship Halberd
-- Rainbow Cruise
-- Brinstar
-- Pokemon Stadium
-- Pokemon Stadium 2
-- Norfair
-- Jungle Japes
Tant,

Thanks for the suggestions, I dont want to change anything in the schedule though, its too late for that. We can consider that for next time we do a tourney. Brawl! At the Mall 2???? LOL.

We will use the stage ban and strike rule. I shoulda had that.

Also, I figured not to up the venue fee, I will cover the couple extra bucks . I figure it wouldnt be fair to alot of people this late in the game. 100% pot and $5 venue. Things that I can take into consideration for next tourney.

Thanks alot!

Bouse

Smash Ace
Ugh, you want irony?

I spend all day IMing Tant on what he should be doing healthwise, and now I feel like crap.

Hopefully it passes by the morning.

-_-

My recording junk (minus the laptop) is already in my backpack lol.

Edit: Well, I just tasted my dinner a second time. If I'm not feeling better by morning I'm not coming, screw straining myself. I have **** to do this week.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Well if we start at 2pm, you've only got 7 hours to do the tourney. That's not a lot of buffer time. We should start at 1pm since everyone will be there by then. People will want to start anyways.

Top Bottom