• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl 64 - Don't Get Hit

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I released a teaser nightly build.

Right now I'm struggling to find a job irl so I don't get thrown out on the street, so excuse the lack of updates.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm in the process of getting ready to move out right now.

Also that tax refund still hasn't come in, so I'm still laptop-less.

I move the first of August, so after I get my life somewhat stabilized in Hamilton expect lots of work to start getting done.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Because I have no help whatsoever with Brawl 64. It's just too much ****ing work for me to do completely on my own. I have 0 coders, I know PSA but I'm slow working on it, my computer and TV are on different floors so I have to constantly run back and forth between floors to test things, etc. At least with dBrawl I can just do what I want, rather than have to precisely match every little thing with 64. I really want to do it, but I can't when EVERYONE who has ever expressed interest in helping with it has decided nah, they're better doing other things.
So **** it.

And if nobody plays it I don't really care.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Have you tried asking for help on KCMM? There are a bunch of coders and stuff there.

Also, as for designing characters for Brawl64, you could start with a non-64 character and just work on the moveset or something. Either way, it's your decision.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, I have. The only people who actually were interested in helping were either 1) unable to do anything because they don't know how to do PSA/code or 2) started ignoring my PMs when I actually tried to get the project moving.

So w/e. I'ma work on my own mod with completely arbitrary changes.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Yeah, I have. The only people who actually were interested in helping were either 1) unable to do anything because they don't know how to do PSA/code or 2) started ignoring my PMs when I actually tried to get the project moving.

So w/e. I'ma work on my own mod with completely arbitrary changes.
Ooooorrrrr you can improve your PSA/BrawlBox and hex editing skills, provide some pieces, and apply to be a coder for the Project M team the next time they need applicants?

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
well because of the death of brawl 64 im learning psa and using what dirt got in 64 physics as a base by the way dirt what was links weight in smash 64

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
kenshen, if you want to actually help, let me know when you're confident in PSA.

Maybe we can salvage this yet.

Also I hadn't edited weight values yet because I had somebody tell me that they were going to do a disassembly of Smash 64 so I could port any values I could... And now I can't get a hold of them, so I guess nothing came of that.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
wait a minute reads top comments on youtube vid i posted Ninjad by dirt

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LOL yeah I ninja'd you there kenshen.

And idgaf about Project M with their optional aesthetic changes, I'll be including SFX along with the official package.

Including the voices of characters.

Also EY that was basically the idea, using both sets of SFX as necessary.

And kenshen outside of %s that isn't exactly too helpful. But I'm going to try and get a hold of those codes that make hitboxes visible in emulator and do a frame-by-frame for frame data.

Top Bottom