• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl 64 - Don't Get Hit

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
XD good luck with that.

Even if you do, it's just the codes and a troll changelog. Actual files are private.

Zef

Smash Ace
awww ****.
gonna play a bit of this

edit;
why didnt you add z cancelling in? or auto z cancelling?
and you can charge your dsmash

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
i got it finally :D olimar i had to try he feels stale right now but hey this is just codes alone i am sure once you edit him he'll be good

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I like that you got the physics set-up, but too bad there's no characters yet. Will there be epic shield breaker combos?

Jackpot08

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've thought it over. And I've decided the way I want to go with this is nightly builds. However I want to get some character modifications into the file first. You are, however, free to play it should you get past the password until then. I have no issues with it. Just know that any version you have will become quickly outdated.

Now, Jackpot08, I include in the package my own XML for loading the project. I may add updated modlaunchers to the OP.

And it's definitely confirmed on me getting a new laptop. My tax refund should get here in a week, and it's a pretty hefty one, upwards of $600, all of it going towards my new laptop.

Right now I have someone who said that they'll try to disassemble the original game, so depending on what he finds, this project may go much faster. Porting shield information was really easy, I'm beginning to suspect Brawl and 64 are much more similar than I would have suspected, mechanics-wise. Expect a fruitful next couple of months.

:salamace:

*EDIT* I'll warn you all now.

Don't expect this to perfectly resemble 64 for the first while.

It'll have certain aspects, yes.

For example, no crouch canceling. Why? No code exists to do that.

I need you to find things wrong, things which need to be added.

is your .xml including bionics .xml so it includes all the other code sets or is yours exclusive just to work with brawl64?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Basically I took the Project M thing and tweaked it to load from a different directory because I was lazy. So it's just Brawl 64.

I'd have thrown in a code for Z-Canceling, but I actually couldn't find one that does what I want it to do. There's a crappy shield-canceling one, but that's all.

Also, DSmash can still charge? I'll look into that... somehow I must have missed that, odd.

Serious question, has anyone managed to airdodge? I'm seriously worried there is still some way to do so.

Zef

Smash Ace
I'll check if there's any possbile way

edit:
nothing from all the **** i tried, lol
i really like how the throws shake the screen again c:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Acid could do to be a little faster. Also it randomly hits, that needs a fix. Also I'll have to edit the damage and knockback, though that's not too hard.

I'm also currently working on getting the 64 stages into the mod, so I don't have to worry about that later.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
See, I knew there was some way to still do it.

Maybe I'll just go through, delete all the animations and code for airdodging.

Also all charging has now been removed, without the use of a code.

Currently working on: Yoshi. Yoshi's moveset has remained the most constant throughout all 3 smash games, seems the easiest right now while I am still laptop-less.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Please replicate EVERY move that Yoshi had in SSB64. I miss the kick ftilt, the headscoop uptilt, the full mouth on grabbing, the bopping head on running, etc. :c

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, of course. It's just most of Yoshi's animations have remained fairly the same, thus he's the logical one to do first. Not exactly sure why I was starting with Captain Falcon first.

Utterrandomness

Smash Apprentice
Man, if I learned to do basic animation edits on brawlbox, then i'd gladly help out with that.

But I'd probably not work on that very often, so wouldn't be of any use :(

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Will Yoshi's parry still be in, and other Yoshi-only shield specific stuff?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Expect a much larger download for build 2.

MUCH larger. Probably around 100x the size.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm going to be unveiling the first two characters within the month: Toon Link and Link.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I am. However, I had already been working on Link and Toon Link for a while, so they were already ~60% done if I had to put a number on it. Showing them off doesn't mean they're going to be done.

Yoshi might be shown off at the same time as well. Depends on a bunch of things.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I think what you should be asking is how Link will be different instead.

Toon Link has nothing of his Brawl moveset except his boomerang and bombs. And even those are modified.

Top Bottom