• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Why can falco still Nair>Dair?!?!!? it pisses me off! actually falco's nair to any aerial is gay haha but i guess that is the point of the game haha. Also, jiggs can survive suicide shield explosion if you blow up under the tree in the PS1 transformation. I am sure you can do the same on luigi's or any map that has a solid ceiling. Ganon combos are amazing if the person doesn't tech his side b. Sideb>Usmash>Uair>upB (fist or spike).
Falco doesn't really have much else tbh >_> His dthrow is now worthless, too.

Also, wow. Any chance of nerfing rob- a bit? Those lasers are on a higher level of hax than anything I've seen so far, and those aerials are a bit much. except MAYBE jigglypuiff

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I think the funnest character now is Lucas tbh. There is just too much you can do with ftilt and DA. DJ cancels are awesome too.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Falco doesn't really have much else tbh >_> His dthrow is now worthless, too.

Also, wow. Any chance of nerfing rob- a bit? Those lasers are on a higher level of hax than anything I've seen so far, and those aerials are a bit much. except MAYBE jigglypuiff
you think rob is bad wait till you see a good G&W or falco

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Ok, here's some feedback from a PAL user, hope it helps. I did a really quick testing.

Credits:

You're amazing! I love u all omnomnomnomnom

Issues & bugs:

The biggest issue I had was with the character selection screen, I couldn't select characters below the line where Ganondorf is, the round icon would just disappear, this happened with all ports and controllers. Basically I couldn't play with for example with Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon :'(((

Other characters work fine. The cpu's don't work but I guess that's supposed to be so.

The menus where overall little buggy, sometimes for example the game wouldn't start even though I pressed start and both players had characters selected. But the biggest problem is definately that there are about 6 or 8 characters that I can't play as.

Suggestions:

Every character should have something "special" or "particular" to them. Like something crazy like Ganondorf's punch or cancelable utilt lol, or mario's double up b :D Something that is clearly broken and looks flashy. I know this is only beta and you guys have come up with amazing ideas already. Some characters felt bit "lame" compared to others like Pit and Metaknight. Also bring back Falco's triple ground laser, it was ****ing awesome and hilarous!

That's all for now, I'm going to a four day tournament tomorrow and I'll be sure to present Brawl- there, even though you can't play as all characters. Let me know if my explanation wasn't clear and I'll post a video of it.

You're awesome, keep it on!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
The biggest issue I had was with the character selection screen, I couldn't select characters below the line where Ganondorf is, the round icon would just disappear, this happened with all ports and controllers. Basically I couldn't play with for example with Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon :'(((
Grab the CSS Fix (google CSS Fix Brawl)

Other characters work fine. The cpu's don't work but I guess that's supposed to be so.
Yeah that'll fix itself once you get the code.

The menus where overall little buggy, sometimes for example the game wouldn't start even though I pressed start and both players had characters selected.
o.O? Were there other players with their controllers in?

Every character should have something "special" or "particular" to them. Like something crazy like Ganondorf's punch or cancelable utilt lol, or mario's double up b :D Something that is clearly broken and looks flashy. I know this is only beta and you guys have come up with amazing ideas already. Some characters felt bit "lame" compared to others like Pit and Metaknight.
Oh, but they all do~
Pit's up arrow for example... Pit's arrows in general actually. And Metaknight got that whole "I was good enough in Brawl where I don't need anything flashy" treatment :p

Also bring back Falco's triple ground laser, it was ****ing awesome and hilarious!
It's still there, the lasers are just overlapping.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
what are special about ics? besides growing ice blocks

is there a change list anywhere
also

Where are the Character Select Screen files at? I want to put it on my normal Brawl as well.
Oh, and the main menu background (the purple looks nice).
someone answer plz

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Grab the CSS Fix (google CSS Fix Brawl)

Yeah that'll fix itself once you get the code.

o.O? Were there other players with their controllers in?

Oh, but they all do~
Pit's up arrow for example... Pit's arrows in general actually. And Metaknight got that whole "I was good enough in Brawl where I don't need anything flashy" treatment :p

It's still there, the lasers are just overlapping.
Thanks for the quick reply, I googled for the css fix brawl, do you mean this?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226010

Sorry but I think I can't find it, anyways where would I put the css file to?

P1 gc controller P2 gc controller P3 wiimote
But I got that figured out, I just tapped start few times and changed character changes, the bug is sorta random.

Ok I haven't gotten too much into characters, put I'll post any ideas I get while playing.

And no, I couldn't do the triple laser, I stood on the ground and fired and Falco shot a single laser.

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
Still can't play with GC controllers....anyone got any sugestions? and i tried the Launch Rebooter option(lol it was RIGHT there) and it just says "Error Loading Menu"

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I.E. firing 3 lasers at one time in the same place. It looks like one laser, but it's really 3.
Ok sorry, it just looked cooler when they were separated but that's just me.

So where do I download the css fix and how do I install it?

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
YESZ! got it working...had to download Gecko OS 1.9.1 and now it works.Thank you,Raptor Jesus...

Anyway,on topic.Yeah,Link is the s***

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Is anyone working on a brawl minus combo video?(community or single) Or a video project that uses minus?
I'd like to make one myself if no one is, or if someone already is, help out.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
what are special about ics? besides growing ice blocks
lots of stuff. you can make nana slide during smashes by holding a direction for one... i dont remember much more... mostly small stuff

is there a change list anywhere
We won't be releasing them all because imo the most fun part of Brawl Minus is finding all of the small things we added and using them to your advantage while the foe goes "wut how u do that"

Where are the Character Select Screen files at? I want to put it on my normal Brawl as well.
Oh, and the main menu background (the purple looks nice).
CSS is sc_selcharacter.pac
Menu is mu_menumain.pac

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Is there something outside the codeset affecting B- gameplay? I can't seem to switch between Brawl and Brawl - with cheat manager...

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Ah, is there anyway to switch between vBrawl and Brawl - without removing the SD card? Like is there an app where i can manage all that?

XACE-K

Smash Master
First off, I <3 B-. It's so much fun. Second, why did you only let Sonic be able to taunt cancel? It would also be funny if Falcon could do this.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Brawl Minus has frozen at the Stage Select Stage twice, anybody know why? Nothing is wrong with the files as far as I know.

k/mh

Smash Rookie
First of all, Brawl Minus rocks hard. I love it, thanks guys^^

Well, I'm PAL user, so does that mean there's no way to use the characters down in the last two lines of the CSS until there's a PAL port of that code for fixing it?

Is there a simple way to just disable the CSS code and only have the gameplay changes?
That would be sufficient to me, although I love the new skin of the menu, but I also wanna play the other characters.

Revven

FrankerZ
Brawl Minus has frozen at the Stage Select Stage twice, anybody know why? Nothing is wrong with the files as far as I know.
If you're using the non-homebrew method you need to have the Disable Custom Stages code enabled. If you're not using the non-homebrew method, delete the custom stage that is in the custom stage folder labeled st.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Here's a quick compilation of some tricks that ZSS can do that I put together in the last 2 hours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvITMPOh6vE

Yes it's against computers because I won't be able to play against human players until this weekend. I hope to record a few real matches to upload Saturday night.

Also: video editing is definitely not a skill of mine lol

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
lolifail

finally went back to smashboards and b- forums, and realized the beta release's been out for two days

nice to see we finally finished this stuff :)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yo whats with mr game and watch? sometimes i'll randomly do a smash then a parachute will pop out...i dont get it at all lol

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Dunno if this was posted already, and it may be the wrong place, but the Char- threads were closed for some reason D:

As Zelda, with Dins, if you hit B twice really fast and then hold it, you can have two of the dins at a time. If you push them into the ground, they crawl across the platform and get up to the maximum size (35dmg) or until you let go of B, exploding both. Very effective walling technique when coupled with the extended hitboxes or just by themselves, tbh.

Also, is there any reason that her dins only heals Lucas for 30 (as if it was vbrawl dins @max dmg) instead of 100+? While that's a crazy number, it would still be nice to at least get healed for the amount of ONE of the full dins- :(

This happens with G&W's downB too, if you only get one dins in, you get 20dmg, but you can hold B down to get more than one attack inside even if you get the full bucket (not very useful, but kind of annoying to have to do that). With only one attack, the bucket toss is pitiful. 20 dmg and about as much knockback as Lucas's zair from brawl+ :/

Not trying to ask for nerfs/buffs just mentioning some things :x

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Is there a simple way to just disable the CSS code and only have the gameplay changes?
find sc_selcharacter.pac and delete it. )':

yo whats with mr game and watch? sometimes i'll randomly do a smash then a parachute will pop out...i dont get it at all lol
tilted fsmash = ****

Dunno if this was posted already, and it may be the wrong place, but the Char- threads were closed for some reason D:
BionicSonic decided to be a respectable member of society and lock all of the topics that are just "will write guide later" without warning. He's so mean lmao

As Zelda, with Dins, if you hit B twice really fast and then hold it, you can have two of the dins at a time. If you push them into the ground, they crawl across the platform and get up to the maximum size (35dmg) or until you let go of B, exploding both. Very effective walling technique when coupled with the extended hitboxes or just by themselves, tbh.
yup

Also, is there any reason that her dins only heals Lucas for 30 (as if it was vbrawl dins @max dmg) instead of 100+? While that's a crazy number, it would still be nice to at least get healed for the amount of ONE of the full dins- :(
because lucas is broken enough already? :p

This happens with G&W's downB too, if you only get one dins in, you get 20dmg, but you can hold B down to get more than one attack inside even if you get the full bucket (not very useful, but kind of annoying to have to do that). With only one attack, the bucket toss is pitiful. 20 dmg and about as much knockback as Lucas's zair from brawl+ :/
20 damage is a lot in a game like this :B

EDIT: http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/f27/brawl-minus-official-beta-release-69155.html go yell at them :B

comboking

Smash Master
If you're using the non-homebrew method you need to have the Disable Custom Stages code enabled. If you're not using the non-homebrew method, delete the custom stage that is in the custom stage folder labeled st.
Thank you! This game is so fun guys. i need something to do until Project M and maybe after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom