• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Actually, it does, I played a few matches with Guy today and the only desync we had was when I picked Snake and because he didn't have the common3.pac (needed for Snake's grenade changes) we desynced. It should work just fine as long as you have all the files necessary. If you get one or two desyncs but can play a ton of matches total, then there's nothing too much to worry about other than that they are trying to find the problem code that may be causing those 1 or 2 desyncs.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Xyless and I just finished playing and we only desynched twice, the first time was because he was being Kirby and stole my ROB's power. He beeped too much or something. =P The second was just randomly at the start of a GW vs. ZSS match.

Moseythepirate

Smash Cadet
Thoughts on Bowser...

I main Bowser, and love what was done with him, but he is rather overpowered, mostly because of his super-armor. I completely destroy most characters without effort, and Brawl- really shouldn't be about character matchups. I'm thinking that to balance him against everyone, while maintaining his inherent Bowser-ness, the super armor should change depending on what he's doing. I'm thinking that giving him 10% super armor while standing, moving, or in the air, 5% super armor while attacking, and 20% super armor while using the Whirling Fortress would be really, really cool.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Thoughts on Bowser...

I main Bowser, and love what was done with him, but he is rather overpowered, mostly because of his super-armor. I completely destroy most characters without effort, and Brawl- really shouldn't be about character matchups. I'm thinking that to balance him against everyone, while maintaining his inherent Bowser-ness, the super armor should change depending on what he's doing. I'm thinking that giving him 10% super armor while standing, moving, or in the air, 5% super armor while attacking, and 20% super armor while using the Whirling Fortress would be really, really cool.
He's not overpowered, we've been over this repeatedly, he's just the noob-rapist.

Dsmash is pretty beast, though.

Zander6669

Smash Rookie
Only when you charge it up neutral A can be charged with shield cancel. Also charge stays after death so can come back with a 1 hit ko.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Anyone want to play Brawl Minus online tomorrow?
Is Ike's sword supposed to be on fire?
It signifies you have a full charge of Volcano. Think of it like Lucario's flashing to imply he has a full aura sphere.

Guess this was answered a good 4 times before I actually posted :p

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Hey, so after playing some more today, mind if I have a few suggestions for Fox?

Is there any way to make Fox's lasers go further?
Also Imo he should be a little bit faster falling so he can SHDL like Melee (I mean if you're already giving him back his Waveshine, why not keep going and make him feel like Melee with a few more tricks?). And it'd be really cool if you could give Fox L-cancelling, imo.

Oh and can you add the handicap = buffer code? There really isn't any downside to adding it, and it'd make characters like Fox feel way better without having to worry about accidently buffering a shield or roll or something after the wavedash (doesn't happen often, but it happens often enough for me to want to lower my buffer lol).

Other than those things, I love, love, love it!

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^The Fox thing is just a loose suggestion. After playing him a lot I was thinking the whole time it'd be a lot cooler if he was a little more Melee-ish, since he already has some of his tricks back (like waveshining). Just think that he'd feel a lot better with adding his fast SHDL again and L-cancelling.

But I don't see any problem with the handicap = buffer thing...

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Yes, it can. Also, it can't be regrabbed out of.
What I meant was Dthrow>shine. The shine jab locks. You can just keep pivot grabbing off of that for an infinite. I'm pretty sure the shine is guaranteed, you can't tech until after...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Sorry, you misunderstood me. I was responding to BPC's post.

Yep.

Also Imo he should be a little bit faster falling so he can SHDL like Melee (I mean if you're already giving him back his Waveshine, why not keep going and make him feel like Melee with a few more tricks?).
I thought he can SHDL?

And it'd be really cool if you could give Fox L-cancelling, imo.
I'll see what I can do.

Oh and can you add the handicap = buffer code? There really isn't any downside to adding it, and it'd make characters like Fox feel way better without having to worry about accidently buffering a shield or roll or something after the wavedash (doesn't happen often, but it happens often enough for me to want to lower my buffer lol).

Other than those things, I love, love, love it!
If we add it, it won't default to 0, and it also won't be in the main menu to avoid confusing casuals and noobs.

What I meant was Dthrow>shine. The shine jab locks. You can just keep pivot grabbing off of that for an infinite. I'm pretty sure the shine is guaranteed, you can't tech until after...
O_O?! Can someone make a video of this so I can see what we're dealing with...?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I thought he can SHDL?
He can, but not nearly as fast as Melee.
If we add it, it won't default to 0, and it also won't be in the main menu to avoid confusing casuals and noobs.
You could go the way of Brawl+ and have it explain buffering in the opening screen or w/e you call it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Does the download come with gecko or do we have to download that separately

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Is there an official changelist for the beta? When I post my new tourney thread I want to show off all the changes of Brawl Minus... you know... since I'll be hosting it as the side event.

peril1337

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhyetRhyet
Charizard feels pretty meh, he lacks the power most other characters have and unless I'm missing something he has no unique tricks, except for down smash grounding opponents. Everything else is great.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Changelists are in the works.

Charizard has ridiculous power.

Fox's lasers already travel farther. And he can already SHDL without fast falling.

Fox Dthrow > shine "locks" and forces a getup, yes. But it CAN be teched before the shine. Wouldn't have kept it like it is if it wasn't escapable.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's basically Fox's Melee Dthrow, which could also be teched out of. Here it's pretty different because it's actually a bit harder to tech than in Melee but, it's still possible to tech every time if you get the timing down and play the MU a lot.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
There's so much feedback now, which is great!

Am I the only one feeling that this is the real beginning of the project?

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Would any number of people like to wifi a bit later, Id like to try Ike and Link in a number of different match up's.

Speaking of Link, Ive been slightly irked by something, is it still possible to item DACUS (while he's holding a bomb, or even a deku nut), I can Up-smash DACUS no problem,. but whenever I try to Bomb Slide, rarely I can get him to move a few inches, but all I ever get is either a self bomb explosion, or I slide an inch or two, and lob the bomb forward way off stage, so Im figuring the Up-angled throw (let alone the reverse, which I had enough problems doing in normal Brawl) are either harder, or just not possible. Can anyone confirm this

NNID
Budget_Player
Hey, so after playing some more today, mind if I have a few suggestions for Fox?

Also Imo he should be a little bit faster falling so he can SHDL like Melee (I mean if you're already giving him back his Waveshine, why not keep going and make him feel like Melee with a few more tricks?). And it'd be really cool if you could give Fox L-cancelling, imo.
This stuff is good. However, I'd honestly sooner recommend Z-cancelling. :V

I said it again and again-ADD THIS CODE. >.> We'll add it in the next update, I guess...

lol do you really think something like that would slide by bpc
Whoops...

Does the download come with gecko or do we have to download that separately
Need to DL on your own, sorry.

Is there an official changelist for the beta? When I post my new tourney thread I want to show off all the changes of Brawl Minus... you know... since I'll be hosting it as the side event.
We are working on a complete changelist. But for right now, what's in the second post is what we have, AFAIK.

Azurie

Smash Cadet
I noticed Mario is missing his infinite fludd. Was this a decision of balance or did you guys just forget to put the code into the gct... ... again.

Xyless

Smash Master
Just going to ask people to check something for me. I believe Lucario might be one of the main desynching characters (just for being there). Could more people test this to find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom