• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
Wow.Now it lets me use wii remote but it still won't recognize GC controllers.What the hell is going on here?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Updatifier is in the works.

If you've got FTPii (downloadable from the Homebrew Browser), that works as a psuedo-SD card reader as well.
****...I don't have the Homebrew Browser... T__T

Oh well. Thanks for the info anyways.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I can't add it to my SD card though anyways, so there's no point yet. x.x

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I'm also having a weird SSS freeze problem. I say weird because I just came from my friend's place and it worked on his Wii fine, but then I brought it back home and it freezes there every time. I load through Homebrew (Gecko 1.9.3). Wondering if this is just a format-SD-and-start-over situation?

camzy

Smash Journeyman
I did go into normal mode to make sure, and the hitboxes were still missing. The moves had been working earlier, however.

camzy, did you realize that ness has djc and can pillar? Or that on a ground approach ness can either grab and do dthrow with set knockback to any aerial, or do dtilt>psi magnet>any aerial? Or that you can combo into uncharged pk flash for a chance to instakill? He's pretty broken, with psimagnet comboing to every aerial at every percent, if you get hit near the edge you might already be ded.
PSI magnet does damage? I tried it out and nothing happened :confused:

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Are people really finding the CPUs that hard? I'm j/w cause I've been 2-4 stocking them for awhile now with various chars :x Jiggz > Meta Knight (even without sing spam) btw :p

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Are people really finding the CPUs that hard? I'm j/w cause I've been 2-4 stocking them for awhile now with various chars :x Jiggz > Meta Knight (even without sing spam) btw :p
Play against Level 9 Yoshi or CF for example... Or luigi...**** plays like Armada D:

ALSO IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE YOUTUBE VIDEOS EITHER POST THEM HERE OR TAG THEM "BRAWL MINUS" INSTEAD OF "BRAWL-" PLEASE

hey TSON do you think you know what my problem is?
How are you loading it, and what's the problem?

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Enigmaspy, I have the same problem on one of my wiis, started randomly back in B+ and affects any version of Brawl loaded, including + and vbrawl with just replay codes. Basically, you'll have to use the reloader function in order to boot in ANY modification to the game.

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
Enigmaspy, I have the same problem on one of my wiis, started randomly back in B+ and affects any version of Brawl loaded, including + and vbrawl with just replay codes. Basically, you'll have to use the reloader function in order to boot in ANY modification to the game.
So i'm not alone in this? I'M NOT CRAZY?!...i mean uh...yeah.Anyway,what do you mean "reloader function"? sorry if it's a stupid question.But yeah,i'll do whatever it takes to get it working again.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
On thing that happened to me while playing today...

If there are ANY controllers present, they are forced to play as either a CPU or a player, we cant shut them off....

Zander6669

Smash Rookie
I believe the single greatest move out of brawl minus has to be jiggly shield destruction. It is by far the most epic move I think I've ever seen.

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
Buckeye, AZ---Northern Arizona University
Oh, maybe intentional or not, but as of right now Samus cannot Taunt (up->down->up->etc...) into Zero Suit Samus...

It does the animation, the whole "Suit coming off' swirl of energy surrounding her, then it ends and you are still Samus...

I don't think I ever got an answer, but how does G&W's down-b work? I know it takes one shot to charge full, but it keeps canceling by simply holding the control stick in any direction, which really doesn't help twitchy players like me... (well, more like I want to move right after getting the charge, but right now it cancels just before the attack hits...)

More importantly, how does it determine damage? I mean, is it set in damage and knockback, unrelated to the projectile it absorbed, or is it just really powerful but related to the shot it took?

Another complaint of my buddy:

"Why does Ganondorf's Warlock punch not have any hitlag when it is every bit as epic as Falcon's Knee?

I understand if they were going for -BOOM- vaporized, but still.

Overall, I find hitlag to be detrimental to some characters, while too easily helpful to others, like Marth's Forward Smash delaying long enough on someone's shield to hit the other person intending to take advantage of the attack's endlag."

rezen1337

Smash Cadet
Oh, maybe intentional or not, but as of right now Samus cannot Taunt (up->down->up->etc...) into Zero Suit Samus...

It does the animation, the whole "Suit coming off' swirl of energy surrounding her, then it ends and you are still Samus...
The same thing happens when she uses her Final Smash. With both these occurrences, I'm inclined to believe it was intentional...?

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
So i'm not alone in this? I'M NOT CRAZY?!...i mean uh...yeah.Anyway,what do you mean "reloader function"? sorry if it's a stupid question.But yeah,i'll do whatever it takes to get it working again.
On Gecko, there's a few options. Boot game, boot channel, and then boot reloader. It'll reload your wii, just go to the disc channel normally and you can play the game with codes on. It goes away when you restart your wii.

tekkie

Smash Master
this is amazing. the sexy textures on link's arrows make me happy :D

when ganondorf breaks a shield with a warlock punch, is he supposed to fly off the side and die?

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Are the CPUs programmed to play extra well? Because I can't see anything that makes them tougher in any way. I still 2-4 stock them regularly with random.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord

when ganondorf breaks a shield with a warlock punch, is he supposed to fly off the side and die?
Yes. It was one of the first changes ever, but it also limits the Warlock Punch spam, considering its an instant shield break (aka, kill) if they DONT power shield it.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
olimar counters bowser imo. hes just too **** :D. and i love robs wavedash and fox's.
but you can glide with ikes side b, just keep spamming it in air and ike can fly.
Toon links charged fires when they land on the ground the animation never leaves, but it doesnt do dmg so i guess thats fine,
i'll try to up-load some matches, :D.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Play against Level 9 Yoshi or CF for example... Or luigi...**** plays like Armada D:
I find Luigi, Wolf, Bowser (with certain characters), MK, and maybe Ness to the best best comps

Still not having much trouble D: Try using ZSS. Makes things really easy. Luigi was kinda tough, but after a few times playing him, I got to winning with at least 2 stocks left :x
Agreed, I frequently beat the comps with 3 stocks left with my main characters.

I wish I had someone to play against so I could get a sense of the real balance of brawl-

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
"Why does Ganondorf's Warlock punch not have any hitlag when it is every bit as epic as Falcon's Knee?
Huh? Are you playing the right game? Warlock punch has so much hitlag that if Ganon hits a shielded enemy, he'll fly off the screen and die, respawn and be able to hit with ANOTHER WP before they can de-shield. Kirk put a video up of it somewhere.

Overall, I find hitlag to be detrimental to some characters, while too easily helpful to others, like Marth's Forward Smash delaying long enough on someone's shield to hit the other person intending to take advantage of the attack's endlag."
This isn't normal Brawl. The shield NOT SAFE in this game, so don't expect to sit in shield and come out of it alive.

Revven

FrankerZ
The same thing happens when she uses her Final Smash. With both these occurrences, I'm inclined to believe it was intentional...?
No, it's because they're (I believe) using the Pokemon No Force Switch on Death code, it affects ZSS for some reason as I recall. Rarely anyone uses that method to play as ZSS though so I don't (personally) see it as a problem (but the team might).

NNID
Budget_Player
I have no clue why... probably what SMK said above.

Kinda... we didn't know how to stop it. :laugh:

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Why can falco still Nair>Dair?!?!!? it pisses me off! actually falco's nair to any aerial is gay haha but i guess that is the point of the game haha. Also, jiggs can survive suicide shield explosion if you blow up under the tree in the PS1 transformation. I am sure you can do the same on luigi's or any map that has a solid ceiling. Ganon combos are amazing if the person doesn't tech his side b. Sideb>Usmash>Uair>upB (fist or spike).

Xyless

Smash Master

You can switch by holding shield when she starts doing the special taunt.

Also, with PT, if you hold shield when the Pokemon dies (preferably right before since it's pretty finicky sometimes), you will switch Pokemon on respawn instead of keeping the one you were just using.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Where are the Character Select Screen files at? I want to put it on my normal Brawl as well.
Oh, and the main menu background (the purple looks nice).

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
On Gecko, there's a few options. Boot game, boot channel, and then boot reloader. It'll reload your wii, just go to the disc channel normally and you can play the game with codes on. It goes away when you restart your wii.

Launch game,Launch channel,Config Options,Rebooter Options.

I'll assume it's Rebooter Options? i got no "reloader" anywhere here.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Man, I was away at London all this week xD. If I'd had Internet during then I could've set this up (I used a fairly recent alpha so I doubt many differences).

Btw does Samus' Zair still do 10% a hit? Because if so you might want to reduce it ... depending on how much vBrawl's does. My friend KillerJawz is... an amazing Samus on vBrawl, and he uses Zair more than I use MK's Dsmash. xD. Just saying.

@ person who says he can 2-stock luigi: I can 4-stock most LV9-CPU. ****? :D </boast>

Crystalorbie

Smash Cadet
Buckeye, AZ---Northern Arizona University
@shermanthetank (sp? sorry if incorrect)

Hitlag, not hitstun.

Hitstun is what makes a character unable to move after being hit.

Hitlag is basically "you get hit, both the attacker and the attacked get frozen right where they are for a bit, then the attacked flies off like normal"

Look for that second when the person who was hit is kinda just vibrating in the air, giving time for the player to realize "I'm about to fly off into the background now..." before doing exactly that.

Right now Warlock Punch has no hitlag.

EDIT: As for the shield causing hitlag, that was one example, as he also mentioned his dislike of the knee hitting, hitlagging, and hitting the guy who tried to punish both CF and his current knee victim. (though I can see it more a personal gripe rather than an actual problem)

And "other" should have been "third." My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom