• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoreanStriker93

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is where to post it but I'm having problems downloading/starting Brawl -.

I believe I have Homebrew and all of that done correctly and I have GeckoOS, I just don't know how to load the codes or something...? When I load the game with GeckoOS, it just loads regular brawl, I'm probably forgetting something simple but meh, not sure.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Make sure the GCT is in the right place, dies gecko say "codes found" or something similar?

bushidoyoshi

Smash Rookie
I just got into Brawl Minus...my FC is 4082 0807 0057. Msg me if you add me or just reply on this thread.

Thanks! Oh and if anyone can tell me a better place...such as a chat room to exchange Brawl minus fcs that'd be awesome!

I have fallen in love with this version. Obviously let me know your FC as well if you've added me.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
There should be a folder in the root of your sd card called "codes". Put it there.

The file structure of your SD card should be:
SD:\codes\RSBE01.GCT

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I just got into Brawl Minus...my FC is 4082 0807 0057. Msg me if you add me or just reply on this thread.

Thanks! Oh and if anyone can tell me a better place...such as a chat room to exchange Brawl minus fcs that'd be awesome!

I have fallen in love with this version. Obviously let me know your FC as well if you've added me.
Go to www.fsmash.org sign up and enter the brawl minus room.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Ooo, sweet another mdva minus player.
You anywhere near east falls church, KS? Chudat is hosting a tourney with a minus side event.

Anyway, you need to have a folder called "codes" in the root with a file named "rsbe01.gct" in it from the minus download.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Delete the macosx one, open the other one. What's inside?

KoreanStriker93

Smash Apprentice
Ooo, sweet another mdva minus player.
You anywhere near east falls church, KS? Chudat is hosting a tourney with a minus side event.

Anyway, you need to have a folder called "codes" in the root with a file named "rsbe01.gct" in it from the minus download.
haha, just starting, looks fun. I actually moved recently to South PA, I used to live in Stafford but now I live ~45 mins-an hour south of Philly =/

Delete the macosx one, open the other one. What's inside?
Codes(!!!!!!!!!!!)
Private
.DS_Store
Changelist-1.6
gameconfig
Readme

Is there anything else I need to do now? Was it just the macosx messing it up?

KoreanStriker93

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I initially deleted the mac one but I was having trouble so I just put it back...>.<

I'll try that, thanks.

Also, I'll look at the Falls Church tourney since I'm still driving distance kind of. Perhaps if I get a ride/drive/something...I miss playing people proficient at the game =(

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah, just merge the private folder you downloaded with your current one. And put the codes in your root. Nothing else is necessary for running Brawl-.

And the gameconfig. You need that one too

KoreanStriker93

Smash Apprentice
It worked! Thank you so much! This took so much longer than I thought it would, haha.

And powerhouse, I don't see the tourney, can you link it?

KoreanStriker93

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna assume that's 12/4, not 11/4. I'm not sure about PA, I took a short break from brawl because of school but I'm trying to start going to tourneys again. Plus I feel like tourneys are easier to go to and closer in VA than PA, haha. I'd probably rather go to a VA tourney though since I used to know some people.

Yeah, just tried it out and I like it. Might try to get some nice texture hacks now, haha.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Question. If/when Dantarian makes his clone engine more user friendly, would you guys consider making brawl minus official added characters? (not necessarily from scratch or anything... more like taking some of the better PSA's out there and (if the makes will give permission) then you can make them broken for minus)... cause there were quite a few REALLY good PSA's out there for BBrawl and Brawl+... I suppose either way people could make PSA's for minus (do they exist already? I kinda stopped paying attention to PSA's after I started playing minus), and I could add them on myself... but still... it'd be kinda cool if some were made "official."

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The chance of us using the clone engine is very slim. Unfortunately, 2.0 will most likely be the last build and the clone engine probably won't be easy to use and done by that time.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
wait... what? Why is 2.0 going to be the last build? That is sad news... Brawl- is by far my favorite code set... and I'm pretty sure that's gonna stay true when PM comes out as well (though I DO like melee, so I'll certainly play PM a bit).

Wait... M0nkUn1t... you live in EC O_o... ah... I go to UWEC.... wow, I've never bothered looking where people are from before now.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
@M0nkUn1t Yeah that sounds good to me. :) My housemate and I have been meaning to find more people to brawl with.

@Xyless that's relieving to hear... I hope brawl minus never dies. I suppose it might come to a "gold standard" at some point maybe... but yeah... I really hope you guys add some of the better PSA's officially to minus... there are some really good ones with pretty unique playstyles just waiting to be made broken for minus (in my opinion).

Xyless

Smash Master
If we WERE to include the Clone Engine at some point, my first personal choice would be Eldiran's Zero character, but of course, with more stuff.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
:D That's one of the main ones I was hoping for... one of or a mixture of the Genos would be awesome as well (assuming you could get permission)... or perhaps the model version of Geno, as I figure by the time you guys start working on adding characters (IF you guys do.... but a guy can dream, can't he?) the Model Geno might be out.

Regardless... adding Zero would be awesome...

NNID
Budget_Player
The chance of us using the clone engine is very slim.
STFU douchebag

Unfortunately, 2.0 will most likely be the last build and the clone engine probably won't be easy to use and done by that time.
**** OFF.

:laugh:

I hate hearing **** like that. Sure, we're kinda stuck for ideas right now, but hell, there's always new **** to do. You know I'm insane like that. And the clone engine would open up completely new possibilities.

Also, @ guy who mentioned ASL, I know it's a little late, but you know how going offstage is in melee? Now imagine almost every character has a really strong spike and enough of a recovery to come back onstage after spiking (but not after getting spiked). Now imagine that just about every character has at least one fast smash that kills around 80 or so. Not a pretty thought, eh? You would be dead as **** the moment you left the stage.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Thanks for telling me to stfu about the 2.0 thing, BPC. Not that it hasn't been dealt with. >.>

Anywho, I will be attempting to fix that platform glitch on lavaville soon.

bushidoyoshi

Smash Rookie
hmmm no one seems to ever be on the chat in fsmash.org. Would anyone like to exchange FCs? Just PM me. I would definitely like to spar with some ppls online asap. My cousin lives two hours away and hes the only brawl- player I know in real life. And I'd play him online but he can't at his college. :(

I don't really have a main yet...everyone is way too fun to use. But I usually find myself using Pit, Sonic, Jiggy, and Samus the most. I still use everyone else almost just as equally, though.

bushidoyoshi

Smash Rookie
Oh I've tried everyone...I won't just use a character because they're considered the strongest. Although l thought luigi was pretty fun too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom